PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Britannia? It is about the Roman invasion of Britain.

Tbonewannabe
08-30-2018, 10:18 AM
Pretty good show and has some hot women in it. David Morrissey (the Governor from Walking Dead) is the Roman general leading the invasion. Super Hot redhead is one of the main characters of the Celts. I wonder how close to accurate the historical angle is. Naturally the mystic/magic elements are fiction but as far as clan politics and the environment, I wonder how close it is.

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2018, 04:12 PM
One of my favorite eras. I've read a lot on it. What is it on?

Tbonewannabe
08-30-2018, 09:51 PM
One of my favorite eras. I've read a lot on it. What is it on?

I watched it on Amazon Prime. I think it was originally on the BBC.

Bully13
09-05-2018, 06:18 PM
I haven't seen it advertised on BBC on Direct T.V. to the best of my knowledge. would like to take a gander. I have watched an AHC show on it though a few times. It talks about how the Romans had to incorporate their acquired Germanic soldiers because of their aquatic skills due to rivers having to be crossed in Navy Seal fashion. Does the show talk about that? Also, the new emperor was desperate to make a name for himself and conquering Britain was his way of doing so.

To the best of my knowledge though, the Romans never successfully took Scotland because the Scots were crazy mofos.

Tbonewannabe
09-06-2018, 07:17 AM
I haven't seen it advertised on BBC on Direct T.V. to the best of my knowledge. would like to take a gander. I have watched an AHC show on it though a few times. It talks about how the Romans had to incorporate their acquired Germanic soldiers because of their aquatic skills due to rivers having to be crossed in Navy Seal fashion. Does the show talk about that? Also, the new emperor was desperate to make a name for himself and conquering Britain was his way of doing so.

To the best of my knowledge though, the Romans never successfully took Scotland because the Scots were crazy mofos.

It did talk briefly about how dangerous crossing the sea was and that was a big reason Caesar failed in his invasion. It is more of a fiction show than a documentary type.

Tbonewannabe
09-06-2018, 07:24 AM
It was originally on Sky Atlantic and also on Amazon.