PDA

View Full Version : I've said it before- but I'll say it again

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 08:47 PM
I hope we blow Stephen F Austin out and run up the score a little bit. By running up the score I mean stop at 70.

It seems like we never run up the score on these teams and play it nice and "classy". I say take a page out of Spurrier's book and just annihilate them. It worked for Florida. And I think it worked for Ole Miss in 2015 when they hung 77 on someone like UT-Martin. That's how you get attention and hype with these games. Not stopping at 49 and running the ball up the middle the entire fourth quarter.

And I'll be honest too- the most disappointing thing about Fitz being out is I feel like he could have run it up on them easily. At the same time on the other hand with Key we may have more of an excuse for leaving him in longer which may yield more points. Nick Gibson is a pretty good third running back. He can definitely bust one and take it to the house.

It's time for MSU to stop playing nice and start to create some hype. Hang 70 on someone with your back up QB? That will get the hype machine going.

Ari Gold
08-29-2018, 08:52 PM
Just get out of this game injury free .. that’s the goal besides getting the W

99jc
08-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Todd I hear ya 100%.....injury free my ASS.

I seen it dawg
08-29-2018, 09:05 PM
We get it

dawgday166
08-29-2018, 09:11 PM

Rat poison.

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 09:27 PM
We get it

Been a looooooooonnnngggg offseason.

BuckyIsAB****
08-29-2018, 09:34 PM
No reason to run it up that high against them. If it were OM or a conference rival I'd be all about it.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 10:03 PM

You want to get as many players, as you want to play, playing time, and see what they can do in real game situations. As Ari said you need to win and get out without any injuries. We may score a "lot" of points against them, but if we don't score like 50 or more, what does it actually matter. You really need to chill.

gravedigger
08-29-2018, 10:31 PM
I hope we blow Stephen F Austin out and run up the score a little bit. By running up the score I mean stop at 70.

It seems like we never run up the score on these teams and play it nice and "classy". I say take a page out of Spurrier's book and just annihilate them. It worked for Florida. And I think it worked for Ole Miss in 2015 when they hung 77 on someone like UT-Martin. That's how you get attention and hype with these games. Not stopping at 49 and running the ball up the middle the entire fourth quarter.

And I'll be honest too- the most disappointing thing about Fitz being out is I feel like he could have run it up on them easily. At the same time on the other hand with Key we may have more of an excuse for leaving him in longer which may yield more points. Nick Gibson is a pretty good third running back. He can definitely bust one and take it to the house.

It's time for MSU to stop playing nice and start to create some hype. Hang 70 on someone with your back up QB? That will get the hype machine going.

Just get key used to the offense and hit big plays. Don?t allow them to.

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 10:45 PM
You want to get as many players, as you want to play, playing time, and see what they can do in real game situations. As Ari said you need to win and get out without any injuries. We may score a "lot" of points against them, but if we don't score like 50 or more, what does it actually matter. You really need to chill.

Chill? LOL.

I think we can do both. We can play a lot of people AND score a lot of points. Our playcalling can potentially allow us to do both. For example, instead of running Gibson up the middle the entire fourth quarter call some plays where Dontae Jones, Jamal Couch, and etc. get touches and make plays.

BuckyIsAB****
08-29-2018, 10:55 PM
Chill? LOL.

I think we can do both. We can play a lot of people AND score a lot of points. Our playcalling can potentially allow us to do both. For example, instead of running Gibson up the middle the entire fourth quarter call some plays where Dontae Jones, Jamal Couch, and etc. get touches and make plays.

Which also means stopping the clock if we miss

Dallas_Dawg
08-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Would 70 not be the most we have scored in a season ever?
At least in the last 50 years, I'd bet we hadn't done it. There were some huge one sided type games back in the leather helmet days, so I'd bet we have scored 70+ at some point.

In summary, I'd say it's highly unlikely. Freezus did it on purpose because he wanted to show Swag Kelly and all his paid guns off that year

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;983989]Chill? LOL.

Apparently you didn't see the thread he started that was locked. It was in reference to what Coach JoeMo said about SFA.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2018, 11:13 PM

I always find the "you need to chill" posts to be dumb.

First off, Todd didn't ask for your opinion on what he "needed" to do.

Secondly, by telling him to chill, you're assuming that he's unchill, like you are sitting next to him. How do you have any idea?

I just feel that the "you need to chill" posts make the poster look dumber than the person they are telling to chill.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2018, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=yjnkdawg;983997]
I mean, you really need to chill about telling Todd to chill.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 11:19 PM

So we are supposed to take a chapter out of the Hugh Freeze play book. Great**. Freeze left his starters in to build up statistics, and didn't care whether he embarrassed UT-Martin. If mainly our starters get a comfortable lead and then we substitute and run our normal plays, not just up the middle every down, and we score a lot of points then that is somewhat different, but to just run the score up for the sake of running it up the score and totally embarrasing a team , ain't JoeMo's philosophy I'm pretty sure.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 11:27 PM

Secondly, by telling him to chill, you're assuming that he's unchill, like you are sitting next to him. How do you have any idea?

I just feel that the "you need to chill" posts make the poster look dumber than the person they are telling to chill.

Dude I didn't tell him to chill. Read the post I was referencing. It was to 99's comment. And I didn't ask for your opinion on what I said. It works both ways. You are also a good source for talking about somebody else's dumb posts. ***

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 11:31 PM
Would 70 not be the most we have scored in a season ever?
At least in the last 50 years, I'd bet we hadn't done it. There were some huge one sided type games back in the leather helmet days, so I'd bet we have scored 70+ at some point.

In summary, I'd say it's highly unlikely. Freezus did it on purpose because he wanted to show Swag Kelly and all his paid guns off that year

I know we scored 65 on Ole Miss back in the early 1900's. I also remember hitting 66 against Tulane in 1994 and we hit the 60's against Samford but part of that was because Sirmon's defense gave up a ton- I think 40 something.

I think you are right about why Freeze did it. And I think it worked to a degree.

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 11:32 PM

I have to rep this.

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=yjnkdawg;983997]
I mean, you really need to chill about telling Todd to chill.

Have to spread some rep around before I rep Shotgun again.

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 11:40 PM
So we are supposed to take a chapter out of the Hugh Freeze play book. Great**. Freeze left his starters in to build up statistics, and didn't care whether he embarrassed UT-Martin. If mainly our starters get a comfortable lead and then we substitute and run our normal plays, not just up the middle every down, and we score a lot of points then that is somewhat different, but to just run the score up for the sake of running it up the score and totally embarrasing a team , ain't JoeMo's philosophy I'm pretty sure.

Freeze is a sleazebag. But the fact of the matter is he won games there. They had a plan to win big and while it was a house of cards they had better seasons than us in 2014 and 2015- better than the guy you defended on here forever named Dan Mullen.

Now I'm not advocating that we do everything like Freeze. In particular the cheating and hooker part. But the fact is he did some good things there- and I think running it up on his FCS opponents was one of them. And even if they are upset about us running it up on them- they should be thankful that we're funding their athletic department for the year.

And FWIW I don't know if this was on Franklin or Moorhead but he hung 66 on Maryland last year.

And about running up statistics- that's what some MSU fans don't get. We would rather be nice and classy than do something to build up our program as a whole. But hey! Now we can drive through Nacadoches, Texas without getting the stinkeye at the Burger King when we're driving through town.

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 11:45 PM
Dude I didn't tell him to chill. Read the post I was referencing. It was to 99's comment. And I didn't ask for your opinion on what I said. It works both ways.

I wasn't talking about Joe's Press Conference. I don't have a problem with him not giving anyone bulletin board material.

What you tell the media and what you do in game as a coach are two totally separate things.

And to me actually if you tell the media "yeah we're going to run it up" to me that actually hurts what you're trying to accomplish. Because then after you hang 70 on them you can just tell the media- "Hey, they couldn't stop us".

TUSK
08-29-2018, 11:46 PM
Man, ya'll can't even agree about how to RUTS, when you're not tryin' to RUTS, while simultaneously getting wound up and tellin' a cat to "chill"...?

Yikes.... Steve A Tech is in for it.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 11:49 PM
I wasn't talking about Joe's Press Conference. I don't have a problem with him not giving anyone bulletin board material.

What you tell the media and what you do in game as a coach are two totally separate things.

And to me actually if you tell the media "yeah we're going to run it up" to me that actually hurts what you're trying to accomplish. Because then after you hang 70 on them you can just tell the media- "Hey, they couldn't stop us".

Sorry Todd, but 99 was the one who freaked out about what JoeMo said at the press conference. All those comments on the chilling out were in reference to his comments and not yours.

mstatefan91
08-30-2018, 12:09 AM
With Coach?s history as head coach at an FCS... I just doubt we embarrass them intentionally

BulldogBear
08-30-2018, 12:23 AM
No reason to run it up that high against them. If it were OM or a conference rival I'd be all about it.

This^

Cruise for now. Then show NO mercy September 29. We are capable of beating Mullen by 49. Let's do it.

TrapGame
08-30-2018, 09:11 AM
Is this a good thread to talk about being vanilla on offense and defense? Asking for a friend. ***

Dolphus Raymond
08-30-2018, 09:44 AM
Give no quarter, ask no quarter.
"Exterminate all the brutes!!"

99jc
08-30-2018, 10:46 AM
this is why its stupid to even hint SFA could win...????? if we lose with this talent its not going to bode well for Moorhead. Hell everyone says we cant recruit with the Bama's of the world this is why I call BS.
we need to go 11-1 minimum.

NFL talent
Teams with most NFL prospects (number of players in ESPN senior writer Todd McShay's preseason top 150 draft prospects)
Alabama - 7
Stanford - 7
Clemson - 6
Mississippi State - 6
Notre Dame - 6
Florida - 5
Miami (Fla). - 5
Michigan - 5
Wisconsin - 5

TrapGame
08-30-2018, 11:00 AM
I don't want my coach being a loudmouth arrogant asshole talking down programs. Just go out and beat them. Less talk, MOOR action.

Pollodawg
08-30-2018, 12:19 PM
May I interject?

I?m (well, not me personally) here to win football games and entertain 62,000 people who paid to be here. That?s what this all is anyway. Entertainment. I don?t care at all about another team?s feelins?.

Todd4State
08-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Sorry Todd, but 99 was the one who freaked out about what JoeMo said at the press conference. All those comments on the chilling out were in reference to his comments and not yours.

It's all good.

jackindabox
08-30-2018, 05:18 PM
I think this post just shows that people are ready for some football. I hope they win big who really cares if it is by 40 or 60 nobody will be even thinking about this game this time next week unless it is close. It better be a blowout they are playing a school named after the rattlesnake stone cold. If they are anything like him the whole team will be hammered from chugging beer and dumping it on themselves.

msstatelp1
08-30-2018, 05:31 PM

I think that's Todd's point. If we've got our 2d or 3d stringers in and we're still scoring then let them keep scoring. Don't do the up the middle just to keep from scoring. We need to quit being so timid about "not being classy".

TrapGame
08-30-2018, 07:54 PM
Coach Joe said on Dawg Talk he's not gonna call off the dogs with comfortable lead and go vanilla. He's gonna keep scoring.

Bothrops
08-30-2018, 09:47 PM
I want no injuries

I want SFA kept out of the endzone

I want to score 51 or more points

yjnkdawg
08-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Coach Joe said on Dawg Talk he's not gonna call off the dogs with comfortable lead and go vanilla. He's gonna keep scoring.

I didn't think he would go vanilla, and I'm glad he doesn't plan too. He wants to get more players, who he wants to see on the field, to show what they can do in a real game situation.. Going vanilla would defeat that purpose.