PDA

View Full Version : Weather crew

msstate7
08-29-2018, 07:19 PM
Gonna get wet Saturday night?

RocketDawg
08-29-2018, 07:26 PM
I don't think so. Maybe some during the tailgates but likely not a big deal.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 10:35 PM
NWS currently shows no rain (or less than 10%) on their forecast for Saturday or Saturday night for the Starkville area, Now further south there is some rain possibilities in the forecast..

TheRef
08-29-2018, 11:37 PM
As yjnkdawg said, Starkville is going to be pretty damn lucky on Saturday as far as rain chances are concerned. Looking at the models and current going guidance, it seems that Starkville is gonna fit between two systems that are moving across the Southeast. With the moisture being quite evident this year in the Gulf for this time of year, and the positioning of some of the High Pressure centers, I can't completely rule out a pop-up storm or two in the area. However, I'd place odds on us not getting rain moreso than getting anything at all. Anyway, as it stands right now I wouldn't worry too much about getting rained on the first game of the season. So wear your white t-shirts and enjoy the game. For those of you curious, high is looking like the low 90's for Saturday, so hydrate yourself accordingly if you're headed out there.

Jack Lambert
08-30-2018, 06:36 AM
As yjnkdawg said, Starkville is going to be pretty damn lucky on Saturday as far as rain chances are concerned. Looking at the models and current going guidance, it seems that Starkville is gonna fit between two systems that are moving across the Southeast. With the moisture being quite evident this year in the Gulf for this time of year, and the positioning of some of the High Pressure centers, I can't completely rule out a pop-up storm or two in the area. However, I'd place odds on us not getting rain moreso than getting anything at all. Anyway, as it stands right now I wouldn't worry too much about getting rained on the first game of the season. So wear your white t-shirts and enjoy the game. For those of you curious, high is looking like the low 90's for Saturday, so hydrate yourself accordingly if you're headed out there.

I always joked growing up believe the opposite of what the weather man says. :)

This was the man when I was growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uVklE8O-RU

SmokeyDawg
09-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Anyone have an update on the weather for this evening. Will it be clear after 9?

msstate7
09-02-2018, 07:27 AM
I got soaked. Thanks guys haha