PDA

View Full Version : Who are you randomly excited to see Saturday?

BeastMan
08-29-2018, 10:36 AM
I?ll give a few guys I?m going to really scope out Saturday:

Tommy Champion- Heard really good things here after the redshirt year. Physically talented enough to be the 1st OL off the bench. With Storey we need some 2s who are inexperienced to step up.

Osirius Mitchell- All we?ve heard is how much Williams has stepped up and the depth chart comes out and BOOM Mitchell is starting. Always loved his height and hands but needed to mature a bit physicaly. Apparently, he?s done so. Would be huge if he takes a leap.

Jalen Maiden- with the new rule we should see the lefty true freshmen.

Tim Washington- he looks to be the 1st LB off the bench. This is a guy whose been in the program a long time. He was untouched raw in HS and now is really filled out and looking good in practice. He?s kind of the forgotten man with Thompson and Gay ready to be stars.

Landon Guidry- always thought he was a freak athlete just a touch small and then the knee took him out. If he?s a guy who rehabbed and can bounce back the same, I think he?ll pop off the field with the 2s at the end of the game.

G Spivey- I?ve heard rave reviews on him physically. Like pro-talent athleticism and size. We saw how much Moorehead loved Gesicki. I think he?s already thinking Spivey is his next toy. The new rule helps a guy like Spivey so much. He gets 4 games to audition for the rest of the season.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2018, 10:45 AM
I want to see Brian Cole on kickoff return.

He may be the fastest guy on the team & looked like he was shot out of damn cannon coming off the edge in the Spring game.

Not sure how many chances he'll get, but he's got a chance to be an absolute difference maker returning kicks.

I also want to see Guidry & Williams in game action. Not sure if that is "random" though

msstate7
08-29-2018, 10:50 AM
He's a starter, so not very random, but I wanna see Leo Lewis. I really hope he puts it all together this season

LC Dawg
08-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Tyler Williams and Kobe Jones are two guys who should get some playing time that will be counted on a lot for the next couple of years following this year. With as much as we are losing on defense I would love for those two guys to look good when they're on the field this year.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2018, 11:07 AM
The coaching staff is the most important addition this off season. I want t o see how they handle things.

Captain Falcon
08-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Cole, Mayden, and Spivey.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Kickers. many a great team has been brought down by poor kicking, and while I think we'll be good there, you just never know till you see it on the field (ala Graves from '15 to '16)

BeardoMSU
08-29-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm curious to see how Dan opens up the offense at Florida***

Naw, JK. I'm really looking forward to seeing our defense. I want to be awed. I'm also really looking forward to seeing how our WR's play.

msu15
08-29-2018, 11:32 AM
Chauncey Rivers

Rick Danko
08-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Offense-Justin Johnson. Want to see if all the talk about TE?s usage is legit

Defense-Brian Cole. Don?t know, just expect big things from him this year

WSOPdawg
08-29-2018, 11:41 AM
I want to see Brian Cole on kickoff return.

He may be the fastest guy on the team & looked like he was shot out of damn cannon coming off the edge in the Spring game.

Not sure how many chances he'll get, but he's got a chance to be an absolute difference maker returning kicks.

I also want to see Guidry & Williams in game action. Not sure if that is "random" though

Like a "Honey Badger" difference maker? If so, that would be AWESOME!!!

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2018, 11:57 AM
I want to see if Austin Williams and Guidry are legit SEC WRs.

BeastMan
08-29-2018, 12:00 PM

That’s a real good one. Johnson is a much better fit for this offense.

stalkingpoon
08-29-2018, 12:15 PM
The waitresses at StaggerInn.

KT
Simmons
Sweat
Brian Cole
Rivers

tireddawg
08-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Stingray*
KT, & Hill

GreenheadDawg
08-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Nick Fitzgerald. But seriously, Hill would be my pick.

Johnson85
08-29-2018, 01:48 PM
Not sure it's really random, but:

OL - D. Parker. Really need him and Story to be ready to go next year, either as starting guard and center to go with Daryl Williams (or to be a strong backup if someone else steps up).
OL - Champion and/or Phillips. Really need one of these two to be good so we have a backup OT.
WRs - Guidry, Williams, and Mitchell. Have three unknowns competing for starting positions.
RB - Hill. We know Williams is good. If Hill has surpassed him we are really going to be able to grind people down with a run game if we need to.
QB - Key. Curious as to how much he has progressed over the off season. May not be able to tell much against the competition, but would love to see him come out and handle the offense no problem.
Defense - Rivers. Just want to see if he is as good as the hype.

StarkVegasSteve
08-29-2018, 02:05 PM
Offensively- either Couch or Williams. Couch to see if he's made any improvements and Williams to see if he'll live up to the hype

Defensively- I really want to see Sh'Mar Kilby-Lane. I think he can provide us quality depth at LB as the season goes on.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Defense - Chauncey Rivers
Offense - Osirius Mitchell (I think maturity and Coach Getsy may be a winning combination here)

BeastMan
08-29-2018, 02:40 PM
The waitresses at Stagger Inn

stalkingpoon

Checks out

Jack Lambert
08-29-2018, 02:41 PM
I am not going to lie. I excited about seeing leg on my to and in the stadium.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Maurice Smitherman & Dontea Jones

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Surely someone is going to mention all the women on campus. Wonder what the new fad will be this year. The rompers were stupid, but some of those ladies sure could wear them.

Johnson85
08-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Maurice Smitherman & Dontea Jones

Well you sure as hell went random.

Are you expecting Smitherman to be our second corner next year? Or is Tyler Williams good enough that he will pass him?

Todd4State
08-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Dontea Jones. I was impressed with his athleticism in the spring game.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-29-2018, 04:15 PM
Well you sure as hell went random.

Are you expecting Smitherman to be our second corner next year? Or is Tyler Williams good enough that he will pass him?

Smitherman

Schultzy
08-29-2018, 06:20 PM
Tyler Williams - I’m predicting a great career for him.

Osiris Mitchell - Raw talent, good size and long. He could flourish in this system.

Tim Washington - 4* who I don’t think the previous staff gave a chance for some reason.

Dolphus Raymond
08-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Guidry
Landrews

JoseBrown
08-29-2018, 06:30 PM
I'm just excited to see B Cole play defense! And everyone else.

Dolphus Raymond
08-29-2018, 06:31 PM
I am not going to lie. I excited about seeing leg on my to and in the stadium.

Damn, I like the way you think, and I admire your honesty.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Joe Moorhead

Maridian Dawg
08-29-2018, 07:55 PM
I am very excited to see Chauncey Rivers on the line. I think with him, our d-line is the best in the country. Obviously I'm excited to see Nick Fitz and his athleticism post-injury. I'd love to see Brian Cole have a great year, as well as Marcus Murphy. I think we'll see Spivey as a TE, and TEs flourish in the JoMo O. Can't wait till Saturday.

Dawgowar
08-29-2018, 08:14 PM
Multiple wide receivers catching the ball deep. Or at all.

IMissJack
08-29-2018, 08:35 PM
Rivers and Hill are at the top of my list.

BuckyIsAB****
08-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Brian Cole
Willie Gay
Austin Williams

BuckyIsAB****
08-29-2018, 09:32 PM
Smitherman

From what I've heard from a player and a former player they said Tyler was one of the best DBs on the team

Alphadog2017
08-30-2018, 12:20 AM
Nick Gibson

BB30
08-30-2018, 09:42 AM

Agree 100%. I hope we use the TEs a good bit. Got a pretty solid position group there that I don't think we have taken full advantage of in the past.

gravedigger
08-30-2018, 10:37 AM

Tommy Champion- Heard really good things here after the redshirt year. Physically talented enough to be the 1st OL off the bench. With Storey we need some 2s who are inexperienced to step up.

Osirius Mitchell- All we?ve heard is how much Williams has stepped up and the depth chart comes out and BOOM Mitchell is starting. Always loved his height and hands but needed to mature a bit physicaly. Apparently, he?s done so. Would be huge if he takes a leap.

Tim Washington- he looks to be the 1st LB off the bench. This is a guy whose been in the program a long time. He was untouched raw in HS and now is really filled out and looking good in practice. He?s kind of the forgotten man with Thompson and Gay ready to be stars.

Landon Guidry- always thought he was a freak athlete just a touch small and then the knee took him out. If he?s a guy who rehabbed and can bounce back the same, I think he?ll pop off the field with the 2s at the end of the game.

G Spivey- I?ve heard rave reviews on him physically. Like pro-talent athleticism and size. We saw how much Moorehead loved Gesicki. I think he?s already thinking Spivey is his next toy. The new rule helps a guy like Spivey so much. He gets 4 games to audition for the rest of the season.

Guidry, A Williams, Keyton.

Lord McBuckethead
08-30-2018, 10:47 AM
I am going Gerri Green opposite Sweat.

fishwater99
08-30-2018, 11:36 AM
Dear - is he healthy
Guidry and Williams - Are they Legit SEC WR's
Hill - how much better will he be this year
Rivers - Is he a NFL prospect this year?
KT - how did he progress from the Bowl game..

DogsofAnarchy
08-30-2018, 12:02 PM

Upskirts

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-30-2018, 01:22 PM
He's a starter, so not very random, but I wanna see Leo Lewis. I really hope he puts it all together this season

Who said "random" meant "not a starter"?

tcdog70
08-30-2018, 03:10 PM
I want to see if Austin Williams and Guidry are legit SEC WRs.

THIS ALL DAY^^^^^^^^