PDA

View Full Version : Kyle York reminding us of something....

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2018, 03:23 PM
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1034472670610513920.html

Dawgowar
08-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Nick FANTgerald approves of this post. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on new tires?

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 03:32 PM
16 years ago this week I ate Mexican food and took a shit. I remembered that I had Mexican food because I associated it with the lost. I had Mexican food for lunch today and I am sure I will take a shit later. Means nothing!

BiscuitEater
08-28-2018, 03:41 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Can't even fathom what those guys go through to 'entertain' us fans. Yeah, they get a 'free' education BUT still .. Kyle York's 'experience' brings it home.

msu15
08-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Can't even fathom what those guys go through to 'entertain' us fans. Yeah, they get a 'free' education BUT still .. Kyle York's 'experience' brings it home.

Just had to comment on your sig, lol wow he really nailed that prediction.

Todd4State
08-28-2018, 04:20 PM

It sounds to me like we didn't do a very good job of preparing him in case something happened to Fant.

Jackie was pretty terrible with QB's.

TrapGame
08-28-2018, 04:55 PM
It sounds to me like we didn't do a very good job of preparing him in case something happened to Fant.

Jackie was pretty terrible with QB's.

Yep. KT has had more meaningful playing time than York did before Oregon. Apples and oranges.

Liverpooldawg
08-28-2018, 06:25 PM
Yep. KT has had more meaningful playing time than York did before Oregon. Apples and oranges.

We ain't playing Oregon at Autzen either. Thompson has already beaten a decent opponent as a starter.

mstatefan91
08-28-2018, 06:35 PM
We ain't playing Oregon at Autzen either. Thompson has already beaten a decent opponent as a starter.

Yep. This comparison is pretty odd to me. South Alabama would be more appropriate but different coach, much more mature team, and a young QB who has actually had meaningful playing time.

That said, very interesting read from York.. really puts it into perspective about the pressure that is on these young men to perform.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2018, 06:52 PM
Didn't say it was a comparison. Just wanted to remind people that this experience is probably pretty common and these guys are awesome to strap it up and try. I remember that game like it was yesterday. Crazy to think how much of a crazy situation that must have been.

viverlibre
08-28-2018, 10:22 PM
One of our WRs that year was a high school QB, i kept thinking we'll probably do a bunch of wildcat type stuff with the mobile WR who can also throw it a little and catch them off guard. Of course, Jackie did exactly what they expected.

msbulldog
08-29-2018, 06:08 AM
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1034472670610513920.html

Great story, thanks for posting. Rep given.

Dallas_Dawg
08-29-2018, 06:18 AM
All of our scholly QBs are miles better than York

tcdog70
08-29-2018, 10:23 AM
The Slytanics first year--I was talking to Kyle's Mother while getting a hotdog- Everyone was at that time ate up with "Maroon is all that Matters". She told Me don't be fooled Croom isn't at all what he appears to be. She was spot on--He couldn't coach a Pop Warner team to a break even season.

mstatefan91
08-29-2018, 11:56 AM
Didn't say it was a comparison. Just wanted to remind people that this experience is probably pretty common and these guys are awesome to strap it up and try. I remember that game like it was yesterday. Crazy to think how much of a crazy situation that must have been.

Wasn't saying you were. Just seen the comparison floating around.. bizarre lol

Maroonthirteen
08-29-2018, 12:20 PM
That trip..... just the epitome of being a State fan. Fly across country. Opening game excitement. Then some random Oregon fan informs me at diner that Friday night that gang can?t playing because of NCAA violations. I was like mother......

Eugene was meh. The gameday atmosphere was
Meh. Their stadium.... after all the ballyhoo... was a newer but smaller liberty bowl. The game was a beating.

However Fitz sitting out in no way compares. KT is a player. SFA isn?t a top 5 team.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-29-2018, 06:50 PM
Didn’t York mess up and get a DUI later in his career?

Jack Donaghy
08-29-2018, 08:14 PM
No, he did not.

gravedigger
08-29-2018, 08:31 PM
Didn’t York mess up and get a DUI later in his career?

Is there someone with some sense near by you could run these thoughts by before you express them?

Schultzy
08-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Y’all are some heartless bastards, that story was very touching to me, seriously.

Dallas_Dawg
08-29-2018, 11:27 PM
I remember there was some hype about Kyle York either before or right after he got on campus that he was going to be the Savior for our qb position
I also remember that Fant was also hailed as the savior. Add Elijah Staley, Omarr Conner among others.
You just never know about QBs and OL, those are the toughest positions to evaluate, IMO.
Dak and Fitz were not really highly rated or hyped until they had been on campus a couple years and are our best two so far