PDA

View Full Version : Great Move By the SEC

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Hello timed bathroom break. Takes a little frustration out of watching a game live

@Brett_McMurphy
6m6 minutes ago
More
SEC will implement use of a visible TV timeout countdown clock on field at all 14 SEC on-campus venues for 2018 season. The on-field display will allow fans, game officials & both teams to view remaining time during each TV commercial stoppage from anywhere in the stadium

Bully13
08-28-2018, 02:26 PM
I hope I don't get a delay of game flag for constipation while sitting on the throne.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 02:36 PM
If you watched the guy in the red shirt standing on the field during TV time outs you know when it is over when he signal the Ref. If he is not on the field during a time out then there is no TV time out.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2018, 03:16 PM
If you watched the guy in the red shirt standing on the field during TV time outs you know when it is over when he signal the Ref. If he is not on the field during a time out then there is no TV time out.

Yes but you have no idea if he'd be out there 30 more seconds or 5 min

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Yes but you have no idea if he'd be out there 30 more seconds or 5 min

Agreed. My son always hated to see him walk out on the field when State is on the SEC network. Those are the longest games when it's on the SEC network.

BiscuitEater
08-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Those are the longest games when it's on the SEC network.

Yeah, but without those commercials, you would NEVER know the latest 'cure' for mole crickets or 'new' blue pills.

Schultzy
08-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Knowing how much time until play is resumed will help me cope with the wait.

JoseBrown
08-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Yeah, but without those commercials, you would NEVER know the latest 'cure' for mole crickets or 'new' blue pills.

Or be able to watch the game from home.

RocketDawg
08-29-2018, 03:52 PM

I think I've noticed that guy exactly once. He's hard to see from my vantage point, and I never think to look for him.

yjnkdawg
08-29-2018, 04:46 PM

Without those commercials there wouldn't even be a need to talk about tv timeouts. TV would be nonexistent in any timeout discussion.

RocketDawg
08-29-2018, 04:53 PM
Without those commercials there wouldn't even be a need to talk about tv timeouts. TV would be nonexistent in any timeout discussion.

Not to mention the games wouldn't be televised without commercials.