PDA

View Full Version : Holy Goodness this gator...

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 12:41 PM
https://s26.postimg.cc/xfjw36oo9/E6_EDADBD-_BD7_A-45_E8-9355-8951_D817_E498.png

Bully13
08-28-2018, 01:50 PM
what part of Alabama? Son of Bitch. And what was used to kill it? a 50-cal?

TUSK
08-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Jackson, AL.... I think this is the same one....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1045617035610064&set=a.369467586558349&type=3&theater

Edit: nope that one was only 12', 600#

Martianlander
08-28-2018, 02:38 PM
You got me Beast Man. I thought this thread was going to be about Mullet and Hev.

Howboutdemdogs
08-30-2018, 06:48 PM
Wow! Huge!

99jc
09-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Check out the face on the guy in the wheelchair and the hound dog. We laser shot a gator on the Arkansas river last year that was 14'4"... really scarey looking.

Bully13
09-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Check out the face on the guy in the wheelchair and the hound dog. We laser shot a gator on the Arkansas river last year that was 14'4"... really scarey looking.

sorry for the dumb question, but I'm assuming that was in AR? don't feel like googling the AR River. BTW, anybody know what part of AL this big ass gator was killed? Also, are these big gators a threat? what do you do with them once you kill them? I tried gator once, didn't really care for it. don't care for frog legs either. I'm kinda a tree hugger when it comes to animals. I believe in hunting when you eat it. I'm a meat eater but don't understand those who kill animals for shits and giggles. Kinda sad to see an animal that size go down unless it is for good reason.

99jc
09-03-2018, 09:17 AM
alligator tail is very good. and yes the Arkansas river area we laser shot the gator was in Deshay county arkansas

Bully13
09-03-2018, 12:23 PM
alligator tail is very good. and yes the Arkansas river area we laser shot the gator was in Deshay county arkansas

With all due respect, and I'd never favor a law that prevents folks from hunting these animals because they are no where near endangered just because I don't get off on it. But that animal is prolly around 35-45 years old. Kill it to eat it's tail? I admit, I only tried it once in New Orleans and didn't care much for it. I'm picky about the meat I eat and it's not due to being a PETA 17, it's just the taste. My wife's from Peru and she's tried Guinea Pig where they eat them. They also eat Cow Heart that I tried once and didn't like the taste as it was too strong for me. I've eaten deer 4 times, liked it twice but the other 2 times I did not because it had too strong a taste.

Smoking baby backs today then will grill some NY Strips later on.

Dallas_Dawg
09-03-2018, 04:00 PM
With all due respect, and I'd never favor a law that prevents folks from hunting these animals because they are no where near endangered just because I don't get off on it. But that animal is prolly around 35-45 years old. Kill it to eat it's tail? I admit, I only tried it once in New Orleans and didn't care much for it. I'm picky about the meat I eat and it's not due to being a PETA 17, it's just the taste. My wife's from Peru and she's tried Guinea Pig where they eat them. They also eat Cow Heart that I tried once and didn't like the taste as it was too strong for me. I've eaten deer 4 times, liked it twice but the other 2 times I did not because it had too strong a taste.

Smoking baby backs today then will grill some NY Strips later on.
Gator hunting has a tag system that they only give out so many a year. That many gators needs to be harvested for population control.
You don't want to have an overpopulation of gators. They will hurt the populations of other animals, not to mention the threat against pets and children. They will also cannibalize when they get that big.
Not only is the gator tail good to eat, people pay good money for boots, purses etc.
I'm an expert in this subject due to watching multiple seasons of swamp people.***

Bully13
09-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Gator hunting has a tag system that they only give out so many a year. That many gators needs to be harvested for population control.
You don't want to have an overpopulation of gators. They will hurt the populations of other animals, not to mention the threat against pets and children. They will also cannibalize when they get that big.
Not only is the gator tail good to eat, people pay good money for boots, purses etc.
I'm an expert in this subject due to watching multiple seasons of swamp people.***

Fair enough and good post / info for the uninformed like myself.