PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan, KS

CatBacker90
08-27-2018, 11:19 PM
What?s going on guys, I just wanted to put a thread on here to answer questions if y?all are coming to Manhattan for the game. This seems like the best message board to post on to answer those questions. I?m a graduate of Kansas State and a season ticket holder. Everyone except maybe the boneheaded students will be extremely welcoming to have y?all visiting. Tell the students to shut up and just enjoy the game. A lot of people will welcome you to their tailgates and watch other games after. Even have College Gameday on once that starts. If y?all have questions I?ll try my best to get them answered I?m the next week or so. Glad to have y?all coming!

klong-dog
08-27-2018, 11:31 PM
Thanks. I heard from die-hard auburn fan recently, who went to Manhattan a few years back, enjoyed their trip and said you folks seemed decent and got into the game, almost SEC like.

So what's your prediction on the game?

DawgFromOxford
08-27-2018, 11:34 PM
is it best to buy some cheap seats online for $30-40ish or will I be able to buy some off the street the morning of for cheaper than that?

CatBacker90
08-27-2018, 11:47 PM
Thanks. I heard from die-hard auburn fan recently, who went to Manhattan a few years back, enjoyed their trip and said you folks seemed decent and got into the game, almost SEC like.

So what's your prediction on the game?

It was great having them. Everyone is into the game and it being an SEC opponent it will be a great atmosphere. We filled a lot of Vandys stadium up last year, not saying much but we are very passionate. I think the game will be very close but MSU pulling it out. There is a divide among the fan base as to who should start at QB and what are offense should look like. Two new coordinators but they both have been in the program from their times as players and coaches. I would say if you go to vividseats.com you should find very decently priced tickets even in the visitors section (section 19). People will be out trying to sell tickets but they will be face value $80 or more. Printing them or even having the vivid seats app the ticket scanners read the codes off your phone as well.

Dawg61
08-28-2018, 12:00 AM
Got any Frank Martin basketball stories you can share with us? Whose your rival in football since Kansas sucks and doesn't count? Is Manhattan mostly Cardinals fans or Royals fans? Would you consider swapping conferences with Ole Miss? Is Die Hard a Christmas movie? What's the single greatest restaurant and item on said restaurant to get while in town? Thanks in advance.

CadaverDawg
08-28-2018, 01:09 AM
Got any Frank Martin basketball stories you can share with us? Whose your rival in football since Kansas sucks and doesn't count? Is Manhattan mostly Cardinals fans or Royals fans? Would you consider swapping conferences with Ole Miss? Is Die Hard a Christmas movie? What's the single greatest restaurant and item on said restaurant to get while in town? Thanks in advance.

Strong post. I'm genuinely looking forward to his response.

MSUDAWGFAN
08-28-2018, 08:00 AM
It was great having them. Everyone is into the game and it being an SEC opponent it will be a great atmosphere. We filled a lot of Vandys stadium up last year, not saying much but we are very passionate. I think the game will be very close but MSU pulling it out. There is a divide among the fan base as to who should start at QB and what are offense should look like. Two new coordinators but they both have been in the program from their times as players and coaches. I would say if you go to vividseats.com you should find very decently priced tickets even in the visitors section (section 19). People will be out trying to sell tickets but they will be face value $80 or more. Printing them or even having the vivid seats app the ticket scanners read the codes off your phone as well.

You have us winning? Seriously? I'll tell you why KSU wins going away.

You have probably heard about our D-Line. Namely Jeffrey Simmons and Montez Sweat. Yes, those guys are really good. But after that, we have nothing. Our best linebacker last year was a redshirt freshman. We moved one of our linebackers to DE. Our secondary is very suspect and susceptible to giving up many long passes for touchdowns. TWo years ago, our defense was something like 100th in total defense, and we still have many of those players. Yes, we did improve last year thanks to getting a good defensive coordinator, but he is gone. Now, we got a guy as our DC that was at Tennessee last year. They went 0-8 in conference, so he has proven he can't coach.

On the offensive side, we just suspended our starting QB. It's not too big of a loss, because he still has to use crutches from a truly horrifying injury that was done on purpose. Our O-line has no depth. The last two years we have signed 1 O-lineman that have actually made it to campus. Our receivers haven't been able to catch anything since we had Eric Moulds in the mid 90's. That leaves our running backs. They are decent, but certainly can't run behind the thin O-line we will have for 4 quarters.

That leaves us with coaching. You guys have a coaching legend and named the stadium after him. We have a coach that hasn't won a single Div 1 game as head coach in his history. And won't by the time we play in Manhattan. OUr "best" coach in school history isn't with us anymore. Haven't you heard? He was our team. Gave us our whole identity. He isn't coming to give his awesome pregame speeches any more to fire up the team.

KSU 45
MSU - 7

bobcat91
08-28-2018, 09:45 AM
How about questions that make sense for out of state fans.

Best place to park at the stadium area.
Best places to eat around Manhattan.
Best nightlife places.
Must see attractions.

By the way, thanks for doing this for the folks traveling to the game.

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2018, 09:46 AM
You have us winning? Seriously? I'll tell you why KSU wins going away.

You have probably heard about our D-Line. Namely Jeffrey Simmons and Montez Sweat. Yes, those guys are really good. But after that, we have nothing. Our best linebacker last year was a redshirt freshman. We moved one of our linebackers to DE. Our secondary is very suspect and susceptible to giving up many long passes for touchdowns. TWo years ago, our defense was something like 100th in total defense, and we still have many of those players. Yes, we did improve last year thanks to getting a good defensive coordinator, but he is gone. Now, we got a guy as our DC that was at Tennessee last year. They went 0-8 in conference, so he has proven he can't coach.

On the offensive side, we just suspended our starting QB. It's not too big of a loss, because he still has to use crutches from a truly horrifying injury that was done on purpose. Our O-line has no depth. The last two years we have signed 1 O-lineman that have actually made it to campus. Our receivers haven't been able to catch anything since we had Eric Moulds in the mid 90's. That leaves our running backs. They are decent, but certainly can't run behind the thin O-line we will have for 4 quarters.

That leaves us with coaching. You guys have a coaching legend and named the stadium after him. We have a coach that hasn't won a single Div 1 game as head coach in his history. And won't by the time we play in Manhattan. OUr "best" coach in school history isn't with us anymore. Haven't you heard? He was our team. Gave us our whole identity. He isn't coming to give his awesome pregame speeches any more to fire up the team.

KSU 45
MSU - 7

You’re a ****ing idiot. Troll or not. That was a dumb post

Dawgbite
08-28-2018, 09:59 AM

I think that the ******** were a given. Although he does remind me of some Bama fans that I work with. I had one tell me this morning that " You know, if you have two QB's then you have no QB" when discussing Bama's depth chart.

Maroon Diapers
08-28-2018, 10:08 AM
I’ll be there amongst all of your purple RVs with the MSU and State of Mississippi flags soaring 50 feet in the air. I’ll be decked out in head to toe maroon and white in your skybox and sidelines for the next 2 weekends. Yeah I’ll be there for your home opener, just to get you warmed up. We takin over. 45-10

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2018, 10:36 AM
I think that the ******** were a given. Although he does remind me of some Bama fans that I work with. I had one tell me this morning that " You know, if you have two QB's then you have no QB" when discussing Bama's depth chart.

If he forgot ** then forgive me. Hadn’t had my coffee yet

CatBacker90
08-28-2018, 01:05 PM
How about questions that make sense for out of state fans.

Best place to park at the stadium area.
Best places to eat around Manhattan.
Best nightlife places.
Must see attractions.

By the way, thanks for doing this for the folks traveling to the game.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2015/6/14/_131476205611845912.aspx
Here is a link to the parking map, lot 9 GA will be the rowdiest of all of the lots. That is where students and young alumni tailgate at. Go through gate 9 coming in from the east will be the easiest. TAILGATE OPENS 5 hours before the game. So at 5:45 am cars will all start lining up and they will open gates to go in. $20 per car to park in there. Everything but glass is allowed. If you have hard alcohol keep it in the vehicle and mix drinks in there. Cops will be out and make you pour things out if they see it. There are many parking lots across from the stadium located in the Agronomy department area just to the North. Grain Science also has a few lots to park in as well, to the northeast there is an RV lot for people bring RVs but I would call Kstate athletics for that information, I don't know much on that.

Taco Lucha is a staple, that is located in Aggieville. Houlihans is located in the Holiday Inn complex across from Campus. If you get there on friday I do encourage walking through campus as well. Aggieville is the best nightlife in town. There are about 20 bars down there, many with TVs with other games on after the game. Everyone will go there friday night, stay out till 2 wake up 3 hours later and be out at the stadium by 6, tailgate for 4 and half hours. Then head into the game, its Harley Day next saturday, something that we do every year where there will be about 100 bikes coming in and riding around the outside of the playing surface.

Things to do, I would just say take in the small town feel, mingle with the locals in aggieville. Like I said before everyone is pretty welcoming to guest, this is a blue collar school unlike KU to the east. The Flint Hills Discovery Center is a pretty sweet place for adults and children.

Frank Martin had a blue collar mentality, he hated our AD who tried to get him to not be as vocal and everything that is why he left to go to South Carolina. Everyone was pissed at John Currie for that. Everyone was also glad to see John Currie leave. When he had the debacle at Tennessee everyone here was extremely amused by the whole thing.

Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

I am Jack's failing liver
08-28-2018, 01:46 PM
Why would you suggest Houlihan's? Anyway, mostly for eating and drinking Aggieville will be the place. Plenty of places to park around the stadium. Last I heard Call Hall on campus is still serving in house made ice cream. Please don't give STDs to our people (unless they're easily treatable).

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Why would you suggest Houlihan's? Anyway, mostly for eating and drinking Aggieville will be the place. Plenty of places to park around the stadium. Last I heard Call Hall on campus is still serving in house made ice cream. Please don't give STDs to our people (unless they're easily treatable).

I am sending a jar of mosquitoes infected with West Nile. Also we are Miss State and not Ole Miss. I think you are getting us confused with them with the STD's request.

stalkingpoon
08-28-2018, 02:42 PM
Any bars to steer clear of after Fitz finishing putting cleat marks up and down your backs all game? Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry for the ass whipping that is going to commence on you guys in about 12 days.

Bully13
08-28-2018, 03:08 PM

I "got it" from the get go and enjoyed reading it. sometimes ** are not needed when it is obvious.

GreenheadDawg
08-28-2018, 03:20 PM
I "got it" from the get go and enjoyed reading it. sometimes ** are not needed when it is obvious.

Good for you

BulldogDX55
08-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Good for you

Sorry you don't like good posts :(

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2015/6/14/_131476205611845912.aspx
Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

I am glad to see that your fan base has good taste.

CatBacker90
08-28-2018, 05:34 PM

Houlihans has an excellent menu for being right there at the hotel. There are some local beers that almost all the bars some restaurants have as wel. (Tallgrass Brewing Company, Little Apple Brewing Company). Call Hall ice cream is great, it is on the the north side of campus, Northwest of the residence halls. All of the STDs are down in Lawrence, its a KU problem.

Dawg61
08-28-2018, 06:04 PM
I think State and KSU should play a home v home in basketball. We are always looking for better OOC opponents to play.

Rawdawg
08-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Bringing 10, staying at the bluemont. Gonna be a full on 17 fest. We have reservations at Harry?s Friday night. Worth a shit? Or should we not halt our blackout and keep partying?

tireddawg
08-28-2018, 07:55 PM
Bringing 10, staying at the bluemont. Gonna be a full on 17 fest. We have reservations at Harry?s Friday night. Worth a shit? Or should we not halt our blackout and keep partying?

Confusing post

parabrave
08-28-2018, 08:13 PM
Houlihans has an excellent menu for being right there at the hotel. There are some local beers that almost all the bars some restaurants have as wel. (Tallgrass Brewing Company, Little Apple Brewing Company). Call Hall ice cream is great, it is on the the north side of campus, Northwest of the residence halls. All of the STDs are down in Lawrence, its a KU problem.

I guess they cleaned out Junction City.

CatBacker90
08-28-2018, 08:47 PM

Harry's is good but rather pricey, with 17 that is a hell of a cab or uber ride!

CatBacker90
08-28-2018, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=parabrave;983671]I guess they cleaned out Junction City.[/QUOTE

If you voluntarily go there,then its on you!

Dawg61
08-28-2018, 10:06 PM
Harry's is good but rather pricey, with 17 that is a hell of a cab or uber ride!

17 is the word for f.uck on another MSU website. It gets used over here as well. If you just say **** it gets asterisks instead so 17 gets used by some posters that are so used to typing it on the other website. Rule #17 on that sites deals with cuss words hence the use of 17 when wanting to say ****.

CatBacker90
08-28-2018, 10:50 PM
17 is the word for f.uck on another MSU website. It gets used over here as well. If you just say **** it gets asterisks instead so 17 gets used by some posters that are so used to typing it on the other website. Rule #17 on that sites deals with cuss words hence the use of 17 when wanting to say ****.

Aww well that makes more sense. But yeah Harry?s is a good place but after about 10 pm the Ville will be packed. The band goes to all the bars and plays and stuff as well on Friday nights from like 6-8 pm kind like a plug crawl type deal

CatBacker90
08-29-2018, 06:48 PM
If any of you guys are coming to the game you are more than welcome to come and find me in Lot 9. Ill have a kstate flag up with an Atlanta Braves flag right underneath that. Yes i'm a Braves fan and yes i'm out numbered by a wide margin here in Kansas. But that is what MLB.tv is for.

RocketDawg
08-29-2018, 06:53 PM
I think State and KSU should play a home v home in basketball. We are always looking for better OOC opponents to play.

We as fans are but I don't know if our athletics department is. They're not succeeding very well if they are.

99jc
08-29-2018, 07:09 PM
What?s going on guys, I just wanted to put a thread on here to answer questions if y?all are coming to Manhattan for the game. This seems like the best message board to post on to answer those questions. I?m a graduate of Kansas State and a season ticket holder. Everyone except maybe the boneheaded students will be extremely welcoming to have y?all visiting. Tell the students to shut up and just enjoy the game. A lot of people will welcome you to their tailgates and watch other games after. Even have College Gameday on once that starts. If y?all have questions I?ll try my best to get them answered I?m the next week or so. Glad to have y?all coming!

I can not tell a lie...??..we are going to beat the ever living shit out of you all and next season do a rinse and repeat in Starkvegas. Hail State!