PDA

View Full Version : Its simple

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 08:37 PM
We will be fine with KT. KT could win us 9-10 if he had to start every game. He is good and its only going to be good for him and the team to build confidence in him if God forbid something does happen to Fitz again to win another game with KT at QB.

If we dont look good saturday its going to be a longass year anyways so some of yall bashing Fitz (probably going to be the best QB in school history by years end) need to take a deep breath.

This has been known by the team for a long time now and as already said Fitz was voted team captain and picked by Moorhead to represent the program at media days since then. Corey Thomas may have been there too I cant remember.

And as far as what he did anyone that says they didnt party in college is 1. lying, and 2. you are stupid and no fun if you didnt.

maroonmania
08-27-2018, 10:22 PM
We will be fine with KT. KT could win us 9-10 if he had to start every game. He is good and its only going to be good for him and the team to build confidence in him if God forbid something does happen to Fitz again to win another game with KT at QB.

If we dont look good saturday its going to be a longass year anyways so some of yall bashing Fitz (probably going to be the best QB in school history by years end) need to take a deep breath.

This has been known by the team for a long time now and as already said Fitz was voted team captain and picked by Moorhead to represent the program at media days since then. Corey Thomas may have been there too I cant remember.

And as far as what he did anyone that says they didnt party in college is 1. lying, and 2. you are stupid and no fun if you didnt.

Problem is this has NOTHING to do with KT or Stephen F Austin. We could beat SFA if some of us played QB and just handed the ball off to our RBs. The issue is having Fitz ready to go live action the following week against a decent KState team without having had any live action since nearly having his foot turned backwards and him being ready to make calls and reads in a different offense.

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 10:24 PM
Problem is this has NOTHING to do with KT or Stephen F Austin. We could beat SFA if some of us played QB and just handed the ball off to our RBs. The issue is having Fitz ready to go live action the following week against a decent KState team without having had any live action since nearly having his foot turned backwards and him being ready to make calls and reads for in a different offense.

I mean I guess but one game against a team that we wont tell a whole lot from anyway doesnt hurt him.

If he wasnt ready then KT would flat out be the starter by this point.

Dallas_Dawg
08-27-2018, 10:40 PM
I know he doesn't get hit but he goes against a pretty damn good defense every day.
And we know he's tough. He will be able to take hits
Chill out folks

msbulldog
08-28-2018, 06:01 AM

^^^^Truth^^^^

RiverCityDawg
08-28-2018, 06:09 AM
I know he doesn't get hit but he goes against a pretty damn good defense every day.
And we know he's tough. He will be able to take hits
Chill out folks

This. And if JoMo thought it was important for him to get hit a little before KSU he could make a few snaps live in practice. Fitz has played in tons of games, I don't think a glorified scrimmage against SFA is going to make or break his performance against KSU. It sucks and it would be better if he played, but it's not ultimately going to impact the KSU game result.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-28-2018, 06:27 AM
Memory serving me correctly....If the rumor is true that he “come up hot” on a drug test.... Mississippi State’s Athletic Department Policy is suspension for 10% of the season on first offense, 50% of season on second offense....so that equates to 1 game suspension for football, 3 game Moultree Knee for basketball.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2018, 07:41 AM
I wanted him to get in a game for a few reps just to knock the dust off. I would imagine this would help to slow the game down some.

Gutter Cobreh
08-28-2018, 08:21 AM
Problem is this has NOTHING to do with KT or Stephen F Austin. We could beat SFA if some of us played QB and just handed the ball off to our RBs. The issue is having Fitz ready to go live action the following week against a decent KState team without having had any live action since nearly having his foot turned backwards and him being ready to make calls and reads for in a different offense.

Sounds like the South Alabama game plan...and we all know how well that worked out. If Moorhead shows up in shorts, we know we're screwed.

RiverCityDawg
08-28-2018, 08:33 AM
Sounds like the South Alabama game plan...and we all know how well that worked out. If Moorhead shows up in shorts, we know we're screwed.

You're being sarcastic, I know, but that South Alabama team would beat SFA by at least four touchdowns.

Cooterpoot
08-28-2018, 08:39 AM
Fitz might not have played a half vs SFA anyway. People are bitching because he won't play a couple meaningless qtrs. vs a crappy team. Hell, his risk of injury is greater than what he'll get from that game.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 08:39 AM

Our defense will be good enough to make up for any rust Nick has.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 08:41 AM

Overall I agree with most of your post, it’s a good one. BUT this is a terrible take. When you’re the starting QB of a big-time SEC football program you’re also the face of the university. You’re not a regular student and aren’t judged the same. You absolutely cannot compare Nick Fitz to a 3rd year business major living in the CD partying his ass off. Nick will be scrutinized harder as he should be. That’s how it works.

Cooterpoot
08-28-2018, 08:46 AM
That face of the university thing is no longer legit. College football (P5) is now minor league pro football. Nobody cares what they do off the field short of violent crimes. Let his parents worry about it. Hell, his dad is on here and other boards. Ask him.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 08:50 AM
That face of the university thing is no longer legit. College football (P5) is now minor league pro football. Nobody cares what they do off the field short of violent crimes. Let his parents worry about it. Hell, his dad is on here and other boards. Ask him.

That's one of the reason along with others why I don't bash players.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 08:53 AM

So QBs aren’t the face of programs/universities and what they do off the field outside of violent crimes? Good lord

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 08:55 AM
That's one of the reason along with others why I don't bash players.

Just for the record, legitimate criticism isn’t “bashing”. Too many folks conflate the 2 imo

Cooterpoot
08-28-2018, 08:55 AM
So QBs aren’t the face of programs/universities and what they do off the field outside of violent crimes? Good lord

Not anymore. The QB at AL isn't the face of that program. Nick Saban is the face of that program.

TrapGame
08-28-2018, 08:57 AM

You're being sarcastic, I know, but that South Alabama team would beat SFA by at least four touchdowns.

And, what's really ironic is that USA head coach is our special teams guy right now.

We had locker room problems, no true starting QB and a certifiable idiot as a DC. Mullen treated it as a glorified scrimmage and got kicked in the shorts. That whole season except for A&M and EB was a shit show.

We'll be fine against K State. I'm sure Fitz is putting in extra effort on film watching to make sure he's ready ready.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 09:02 AM
Not anymore. The QB at AL isn't the face of that program. Nick Saban is the face of that program.

That’s the one exception it we are talking the best cfb coach all-time. Who is the face of Mizzou, Barry Odom or Drew Locke?

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 09:15 AM
Just for the record, legitimate criticism isn’t “bashing”. Too many folks conflate the 2 imo

I don't believe in that. I don't have a problem about criticizing the team for bad play but I will not name names.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2018, 09:59 AM
Overall I agree with most of your post, it?s a good one. BUT this is a terrible take. When you?re the starting QB of a big-time SEC football program you?re also the face of the university. You?re not a regular student and aren?t judged the same. You absolutely cannot compare Nick Fitz to a 3rd year business major living in the CD partying his ass off. Nick will be scrutinized harder as he should be. That?s how it works.

And yet most of them still go out and have fun and party with the best of them. WE have just been lucky over the years that most of our guys have kept it off the radar.

Eli -
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/files/eli16.jpg

Bo -
https://cdn.totalfratmove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/7d3684a32f3881a423b5cad50995ceb21730148770.jpeg

Kyle Orton -

https://twitter.com/TheDirtySports/status/549601127789256705/photo/1

Big Ben -

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ben-roethlisberger-drink-champion.jpg

Arkansas QB Cole Kelly
http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/us/2017/11/12/arizona-qb-cole-kelley-arrested-for-drunk-driving/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/931/524/1510509002801.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top-image

JT Barrett of THE Ohio St. Univ.-
https://cfvod.kaltura.com/p/591531/sp/59153100/thumbnail/entry_id/0_3qjn4l0l/version/100022/width/664/height/354

Cooterpoot
08-28-2018, 10:02 AM
That?s the one exception it we are talking the best cfb coach all-time. Who is the face of Mizzou, Barry Odom or Drew Locke?

And Dabo is the face of Clemson, Meyer the face of Ohio State, Harbaugh the face of Michigan, etc. etc. You can't even name the QBs at most schools.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 10:07 AM
And yet most of them still go out and have fun and party with the best of them. WE have just been lucky over the years that most of our guys have kept it off the radar.

Eli -
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/files/eli16.jpg

Bo -
https://cdn.totalfratmove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/7d3684a32f3881a423b5cad50995ceb21730148770.jpeg

Kyle Orton -

https://twitter.com/TheDirtySports/status/549601127789256705/photo/1

Big Ben -

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ben-roethlisberger-drink-champion.jpg

Arkansas QB Cole Kelly
http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/us/2017/11/12/arizona-qb-cole-kelley-arrested-for-drunk-driving/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/931/524/1510509002801.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top-image

JT Barrett of THE Ohio St. Univ.-
https://cfvod.kaltura.com/p/591531/sp/59153100/thumbnail/entry_id/0_3qjn4l0l/version/100022/width/664/height/354

Haha point noted.

maroonmania
08-28-2018, 07:18 PM

Agree, South Alabama is still a Div 1 program and would beat SFA like a drum.

HoopsDawg
08-28-2018, 08:08 PM
We will be fine with KT. KT could win us 9-10 if he had to start every game. He is good a

Team just found out Friday.

Homedawg
08-28-2018, 10:39 PM

We won't win 9-10 games this year w kt at qb

BuckyIsAB****
08-28-2018, 10:39 PM
Overall I agree with most of your post, it?s a good one. BUT this is a terrible take. When you?re the starting QB of a big-time SEC football program you?re also the face of the university. You?re not a regular student and aren?t judged the same. You absolutely cannot compare Nick Fitz to a 3rd year business major living in the CD partying his ass off. Nick will be scrutinized harder as he should be. That?s how it works.

Fair enough but you just cant expect him to not go out and enjoy himself. Especially in the offseason (March)

BuckyIsAB****
08-28-2018, 10:45 PM
Team just found out Friday.

Intresting

BuckyIsAB****
08-28-2018, 10:46 PM
We won't win 9-10 games this year w kt at qb

Agree to disagree

Gutter Cobreh
08-29-2018, 09:08 AM

Agree, South Alabama is still a Div 1 program and would beat SFA like a drum.

I never take any opponent lightly...but I was being sarcastic in this sense.

https://twitter.com/mshamburger1/status/772155587731742722?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5E tweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E772155587731742722&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffanbuzz.com%2Fcollege-football%2Fwatch-dan-*******-reaction-after-losing-to-south-alabama-is-priceless%2F

BB30
08-29-2018, 09:21 AM
Agree to disagree

Each team is different and each season is different. At times the team last year looked like a true 8-4 team. We got drummed by Auburn and UGA. We still have to go to baton rouge which everyone is saying is a for sure win. The Florida game also isn't a foregone conclusion. We can't just waltz through the season and win 10 games.

A and M
Florida
LSU

The biggest issue I see is our offense being comfortable coming into K state. We are running a new system so yet, IMO it is important that Fitz get as many reps in the new system to work out the kinks as possible.

smootness
08-29-2018, 09:36 AM

This isn't even close to true. The QB of real pro teams are held to a higher standard, too.

RiverCityDawg
08-29-2018, 09:52 AM
Each team is different and each season is different. At times the team last year looked like a true 8-4 team. We got drummed by Auburn and UGA. We still have to go to baton rouge which everyone is saying is a for sure win. The Florida game also isn't a foregone conclusion. We can't just waltz through the season and win 10 games.

A and M
Florida
LSU

The biggest issue I see is our offense being comfortable coming into K state. We are running a new system so yet, IMO it is important that Fitz get as many reps in the new system to work out the kinks as possible.

The reps he gets in practice against our D or even our scout team D are much better for preparing him against KSU than any reps he would have gotten against SFA. Reps against a better opponent would be more meaningful but this team would not have given him a good look compared to KSU.

StateDawg44
08-29-2018, 09:59 AM
If we can't go out and get a W against K State for Fitz's first game then there is no chance we get 10+ wins. Not downplaying the 11am road game by any means, but if that is as big a hurdle to overcome that some of you are acting like, 9 wins would be stretching it.

Buncha people wigging out over letting our backup play a team we should dominate and letting our QB1's ankle heal one more week like it's the end of the season and we might as well pack it up. Fitz will be ready and very doubtful Moorhead runs a bunch of stuff that either of them aren't comfortable with. Some of you need to try and have a little bit of confidence in the team.