PDA

View Full Version : For those that give a crap (RE Bammer Depth Chart Released):

TUSK
08-27-2018, 06:08 PM
Offense

QB: Tua Tagovailoa/Jalen Hurts, Mac Jones
RB: Damien Harris, Najee Harris/Josh Jacobs, Brian Robinson

WR: Henry Ruggs III, Derek Kief/Xavian Marks
WR: DeVonta Smith, Tyrell Shavers
WR: Jerry Jeudy, Jaylen Waddle/Chadarius Townsend
TE: Hale Hentges, Irv Smith Jr./ Kedrick James
TE/HB: Irv Smith Jr., Miller Forristall/Major Tennison

LT: Jonah Williams, Scott Lashley/Chris Owens
LG: Lester Cotton, Josh Casher
C: Ross Pierschbacher, Chris Owens/Emil Ekiyor Jr.
RG: Alex Leatherwood, Deonte Brown
RT: Jedrick Wills, Alex Leatherwood/Richie Petitbon

Defense

NG: Quinnen Williams, Phidarian Mathis
DE: Isaiah Buggs, LaBryan Ray
DE: Raekwon Davis, Johnny Dwight

OLB: Christian Miller, Jamey Mosley/Eyabi Anoma
OLB: Anfernee Jennings, Jamey Mosley/Cameron Latu
MLB: Mack Wilson, Josh McMillan/Markail Benton
MLB: Dylan Moses, Ale Kaho

CB: Trevon Diggs, Patrick Surtain II, Josh Jobe
CB: Saivion Smith/Patrick Surtain II, Jayln Armour-Davis
Star: Shyheim Carter, Kyriq McDonald
S: Xavier McKinney, Shyheim Carter/Jared Mayden

Special Teams

PK/KO: Joseph Bulovas/Austin Jones
P: Skyler DeLong/Mike Bernier

KR: Trevon Diggs/Josh Jacobs, Henry Ruggs III/Brian Robinson
PR: Trevon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle

Holder: Tua Tagovailoa, Mac Jones
LS: Thomas Fletcher/Scott Meyer

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 06:10 PM
I bet Nigel Knott wishes he could have signing day back.

I wonder if Mayden would consider transferring to MSU ?

TUSK
08-27-2018, 06:22 PM

Nigel has been hurt... Not sure if he's back to full speed, yet...

I've no clue if Mayden would leave, but he was "in the mix" to get on the 2 deep and he's expected to contribute ...

Lance Harbor
08-27-2018, 06:24 PM
From https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/4/21/17266486/alabama-football-2018-a-day-initial-impressions-jalen-hurts

Nigel Knott, a hyped cornerback recruit a few years ago with his other-worldly athletic tests, has been totally invisible during his first 3 years on campus. He played left corner for the crimson team all night, and showed just why we haven’t seen much of him yet. He was a constant liability in the run game, with Brian Robinson trucking him a couple times and getting juked on another. He was trucked again by Chadarius Townsend on a 7-yard crossing route, and Townsend then went on for a 65 yard score. He also was knocked backwards multiple times by walk-on receiver Mac Hereford on comeback routes, and then let both Hereford and Marks slip by him deep, though neither pass was completed due to Jones overthrowing them.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Tusk - I can't decide on this so help me out.

A) Evil Genius Saban has had Hurts as his 1 all along and Hurts' comments at camp and his depth chart are a worked shoot; or

B) Saban has f'd this up and it will split the team.

I'm leaning toward A but hoping for B

TUSK
08-27-2018, 06:35 PM
From https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/4/21/17266486/alabama-football-2018-a-day-initial-impressions-jalen-hurts

Nigel Knott, a hyped cornerback recruit a few years ago with his other-worldly athletic tests, has been totally invisible during his first 3 years on campus. He played left corner for the crimson team all night, and showed just why we haven’t seen much of him yet. He was a constant liability in the run game, with Brian Robinson trucking him a couple times and getting juked on another. He was trucked again by Chadarius Townsend on a 7-yard crossing route, and Townsend then went on for a 65 yard score. He also was knocked backwards multiple times by walk-on receiver Mac Hereford on comeback routes, and then let both Hereford and Marks slip by him deep, though neither pass was completed due to Jones overthrowing them.

good work, Lance... I didn't know he that limited... good find!

TUSK
08-27-2018, 06:43 PM
Tusk - I can't decide on this so help me out.

A) Evil Genius Saban has had Hurts as his 1 all along and Hurts' comments at camp and his depth chart are a worked shoot; or

B) Saban has f'd this up and it will split the team.

I'm leaning toward A but hoping for B

Note: I'm no "cigar boy" but this is my take...

1) Tua was better than Hurts about November of last year but we were "getting by"...
2) When Hurts was out sick before the CFP, Tua went 54-58 vs the #1 Defense (in practice)...
3) Ridley and the other WRs often displayed frustration at Hurts inability to hit open WRs past 10 yards... There are multiple YT videos that show how inept Hurts was at vertical passing... Other teams loaded the box and dared Bammer to try to pass...
4) Every player has to compete for a starting spot, every year...
5) I believe Tua will end up being "the guy", and Hurts will likely transfer after he graduates...Hopefully we won't need him for more than four games so he can have 2 years to play... (word is that the "competition" is between Mac Jones and Hurts for #2 QB)...
6) there will be no "splitting of the team"....

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 06:43 PM

Wow.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 06:45 PM
Nigel has been hurt... Not sure if he's back to full speed, yet...

I've no clue if Mayden would leave, but he was "in the mix" to get on the 2 deep and he's expected to contribute ...

Just to provide context that I'm not sure if you know, but Mayden's brother is out FR 3rd string QB

Bothrops
08-27-2018, 06:49 PM
With names like Moses, Leatherwood, and Mosley, is it any wonder why opposing players feel like the game is lost before it's played??

TUSK
08-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Just to provide context that I'm not sure if you know, but Mayden's brother is out FR 3rd string QB

I did not know this! I'm gonna 1 up you with something I learned today...

DID YOU KNOW....

Bammer WR Henry Ruggs III's little brother was a 3 star LB out of Alabama that signed with Ole Miss... He's slated to start this year at OLB as a true FR.... at 195-205 pounds... That poor bastard is gonna get kilt.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2018, 06:59 PM
I thought Pierschbacher was a Tackle.

TUSK
08-27-2018, 07:12 PM
I thought Pierschbacher was a Tackle.

Pierschbacher moved from G to C... but all of the OL can play most of the other positions... they are kinda "interchangeable"...

LC Dawg
08-27-2018, 07:41 PM
The last time Saban couldn't decide on a quarterback Ole Miss beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. I doubt that happens this year but I hope this team implodes with a qb controversy. Their schedule makes very unlikely to happen.

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Note: I'm no "cigar boy" but this is my take...

1) Tua was better than Hurts about November of last year but we were "getting by"...
2) When Hurts was out sick before the CFP, Tua went 54-58 vs the #1 Defense (in practice)...
3) Ridley and the other WRs often displayed frustration at Hurts inability to hit open WRs past 10 yards... There are multiple YT videos that show how inept Hurts was at vertical passing... Other teams loaded the box and dared Bammer to try to pass...
4) Every player has to compete for a starting spot, every year...
5) I believe Tua will end up being "the guy", and Hurts will likely transfer after he graduates...Hopefully we won't need him for more than four games so he can have 2 years to play... (word is that the "competition" is between Mac Jones and Hurts for #2 QB)...
6) there will be no "splitting of the team"....

How do you know for sure about item #2? I mean it's hard to complete 54 of 58 against no opposition.

Mutt the Hoople
08-27-2018, 07:50 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsX78igBF3etc66nQGHQ2XyOKeElJer rOG2OR7Z8KFBUY9d3pHMg

TUSK
08-27-2018, 07:52 PM
The last time Saban couldn't decide on a quarterback Ole Miss beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. I doubt that happens this year but I hope this team implodes with a qb controversy. Their schedule makes very unlikely to happen.

Actually, the last time he couldn't decide was the 52-6 win over USC in 2016... but your point is well taken... there won't be a Controversy, IMO... that shit will get squashed...

LC Dawg
08-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Actually, the last time he couldn't decide was the 52-6 win over USC in 2016... but your point is well taken... there won't be a Controversy, IMO... that shit will get squashed...

I guess my knowledge of Bama football is a little lacking.
You should post more about them***.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-27-2018, 08:08 PM

This sounds exactly like the Nigel Knott I watched at Germantown. Of course that entire Germantown team has been pillow fighting with opponents since the school opened. They don't hit anybody. At all. It's like powder puff football.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2018, 08:17 PM
Here's the thing on Nigel he's always been an athletic freak he's never been a great football player. He made more noise with his backflip off the wall catch than any play on the field his Sr year. Guys with that athleticism you take & hope the football skills catch up. He's stayed hurt so that has stunted his growth even more. If he would've came to MSU he may or may not have developed into a quality player. It was always about his recruiting ranking during his recruitment more so than anybody actually watching film & seeing him as a lockdown CB.

HoopsDawg
08-27-2018, 08:29 PM
tough seeing a MS high school kid and 2 MS jucos starting on that bama D. As incredible as Saban recruits, it sucks the he plucks a couple of Juco kids almost every year.

FanninDawg
08-27-2018, 08:53 PM
Hey, I was clicking previous thread/previous thread so please don't count my click as giving a shit about who starts for Bama. Plenty of sidewalk fans would be clicking if they could read.

TUSK
08-27-2018, 08:58 PM
How do you know for sure about item #2? I mean it's hard to complete 54 of 58 against no opposition.

I wasn?t there, but that?s what MDL said in a TV interview....

TUSK
08-27-2018, 09:01 PM
Hey, I was clicking previous thread/previous thread so please don't count my click as giving a shit about who starts for Bama. Plenty of sidewalk fans would be clicking if they could read.

I will see that the Mods subtract 1 from your post count. Carry on...

tireddawg
08-27-2018, 10:03 PM
The 1st year in a long time I've never heard of any of the Bama wrs

TUSK
08-27-2018, 10:07 PM
The 1st year in a long time I've never heard of any of the Bama wrs

They are all true Sophs... collectively, I believe the WR unit will be improved over '17...

Cary Hudson's little bro
08-28-2018, 08:30 AM
They are all true Sophs... collectively, I believe the WR unit will be improved over '17...

The Triplet WR starters and Shavers is just a unreal group of talent. If Tua can really be the guy and complete passes down the field they will be unstoppable. I can't wait to see what Shavers can really do bc he is a total freak talent.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2018, 08:52 AM

Funny thing is every time they put those freshman in the game the announcers would only say "They have the true Freshman on the field." Several times last season and the NC game every receiver on the field were freshman.

TUSK
08-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Funny thing is every time they put those freshman in the game the announcers would only say "They have the true Freshman on the field." Several times last season and the NC game every receiver on the field were freshman.

Yup, the 2nd Half Offense vs UGA had 8 Freshmen out there: LT Leatherwood, RG Wills, QB Tua, RB Harris, TE Smith (RS FR), WR Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith

bostondawg
08-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Imagine if we had gotten Raekwon Davis... my god.

tireddawg
08-28-2018, 11:04 PM

I have and it makes me sick. Imagine if Tusk wasn't paying all these stud MS kids to go to Bama*

TUSK
08-29-2018, 05:21 AM
I have and it makes me sick. Imagine if Tusk wasn't paying all these stud MS kids to go to Bama*

The AL to MS currency exchange rate works in my favor...*

Seriously though, Bammer really hasn't been getting the number of MS guys they have historically... I think that's a combination of Bammer recruiting more "nationally" and more kids staying in state...

Ari Gold
08-29-2018, 08:24 AM

I would rather have Saivion Smith ... that could have been our one missing piece on D.
No disrespect to Raekwon.