PDA

View Full Version : Nick has had some red flags

BeastMan
08-27-2018, 04:57 PM
As much as I like Fitz as a player, he's had numerous issues over his career that were little small red flags so the news today doesn't surprise me that much. He probably did something dumb like miss a meeting, workout, or contract Moultrie knee so I'm not acting like its a huge deal but things start adding up.

-Nick should have been the day 1 starter over Damien and it shouldn't have been close. The 1 and only reason he wasn't is that he couldn't win the team over. Actually, half the team didn't like him at all. Without getting into the gossipy specifics, he was immature and it caused a lot of locker issues in relation to that QB battle. Now ultimately that debacle was on Mullen but with a more mature Fitz that situation never happens.

-The Bob Carskadon beard story. Don't know if yall remember this but Bob wrote a fun, light-hearted story about the different beards on the team. A few assholes on the team, Fitz included, tried to take offense to the story and handled Bob really bad at the team complex and then crowed about it on twitter. Totally immature and shitty way to treat Bob.

-On Finebaum Fitz said there is nothing to do in Starkville. He has a huge platform to sell himself and the school and he used it as an opportunity to bang on Starkville. Dak or Tyler Russell would have said, "Starkville is a great place where they really treat you like family etc..." First off, claiming there is nothing to do is bs in 2018 (interview was 2017). It's a ridiculous line from the 80s that was true then but isn't now and needs to die. Fitz drops it in a Finebaum interview. Very immature.

-The baseball haircut thing. You tell your whole school that if baseball goes to the cws you're getting a mohawk like some guys on the team. Then you welch on that bet. Ultimately, not a big deal but the optics that aren't great. Dak and TR were the epitome of Mr.MSU while they were in school. Fitz just doesn't come off like that.

-Missing the first game of your senior season due to being suspended when you're the senior QB and team leader is incredible. This team has high hopes and we're supposed to feel good about this guy getting us there? Not much of a leader from an off-the-field aspect.

Now before I just bang on Fitz too hard you have to remember the guy is tough as nails and has put his body on the line over and over for MSU. That doesn't go unnoticed. His foot turned backwards will always be emblazoned in my memory. From a physical standpoint, Fitz is a warrior and I dare anyone to say he isn't. But he's got a little too much immaturity, arrogance, and attitude to be beloved like one of the best MSU QBs ever should be. He's essentially our Bo Wallace.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Just by reading fans reactions I am starting to think JoMo shoulda handled this differently if he could have. Maybe it's a school policy though.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 05:07 PM
As much as I like Fitz as a player, he's had numerous issues over his career that were little small red flags so the news today doesn't surprise me that much. He probably did something dumb like miss a meeting, workout, or contract Moultrie knee so I'm not acting like its a huge deal but things start adding up.

-Nick should have been the day 1 starter over Damien and it shouldn't have been close. The 1 and only reason he wasn't is that he couldn't win the team over. Actually, half the team didn't like him at all. Without getting into the gossipy specifics, he was immature and it caused a lot of locker issues in relation to that QB battle. Now ultimately that debacle was on Mullen but with a more mature Fitz that situation never happens.

-The Bob Carskadon beard story. Don't know if yall remember this but Bob wrote a fun, light-hearted story about the different beards on the team. A few assholes on the team, Fitz included, tried to take offense to the story and handled Bob really bad at the team complex and then crowed about it on twitter. Totally immature and shitty way to treat Bob.

-On Finebaum Fitz said there is nothing to do in Starkville. He has a huge platform to sell himself and the school and he used it as an opportunity to bang on Starkville. Dak or Tyler Russell would have said, "Starkville is a great place where they really treat you like family etc..." First off, claiming there is nothing to do is bs in 2018 (interview was 2017). It's a ridiculous line from the 80s that was true then but isn't now and needs to die. Fitz drops it in a Finebaum interview. Very immature.

-The baseball haircut thing. You tell your whole school that if baseball goes to the cws you're getting a mohawk like some guys on the team. Then you welch on that bet. Ultimately, not a big deal but the optics that aren't great. Dak and TR were the epitome of Mr.MSU while they were in school. Fitz just doesn't come off like that.

-Missing the first game of your senior season due to being suspended when you're the senior QB and team leader is incredible. This team has high hopes and we're supposed to feel good about this guy getting us there? Not much of a leader from an off-the-field aspect.

Now before I just bang on Fitz too hard you have to remember the guy is tough as nails and has put his body on the line over and over for MSU. That doesn't go unnoticed. His foot turned backwards will always be emblazoned in my memory. From a physical standpoint, Fitz is a warrior and I dare anyone to say he isn't. But he's got a little too much immaturity, arrogance, and attitude to be beloved like one of the best MSU QBs ever should be. He's essentially our Bo Wallace.

Great post Beast

He's a damn good football player & certainly has some Brett Favre type maturity qualities.

I'm encouraged that he was voted team captain & chosen to attend SEC media days AFTER this incident. That says a lot about how he responded to it & hopefully that's the player we get this year.

bostondawg
08-27-2018, 05:08 PM
I think this is a big overreaction. Go listen to the press conference--JoMo had nothing but praise for Fitz and his leadership after the violation occurred. He's fine.

Doggie_Style
08-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Just by reading fans reactions I am starting to think JoMo shoulda handled this differently if he could have. Maybe it's a school policy though.

I agree....this is a huge turd in our maroon punch bowl....a really crappy visual in our and Jo's first game of a season.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 05:12 PM

Disagree.

I think Moorhead is a "Love & Logic" type disciplinarian.

Meaning: he rarely raises his voice & attempts to never be the bad guy. He simply sets "championship standard" expectations that everyone must follow with pre-set, objective punishments for each violation.

Ron Polk was very similar. He had rules, never raised his voice, & mostly kept the team in line because each rule violation had a unique, objective consequence that was understood before you ever broke the rule.

If Moorhead didn't enforce his own rules in March, then players would view his rules as negotiable, which could eventually lead to players believing there was favoritism in his enforcement which can lead to team dysfunction.

Players' coaches like Moorhead, have to do this or they'll lose the team. Coaches like Meyer, Saban, etc that are yellers & screamers can utilize a more subjective style since players fear them.

Quaoarsking
08-27-2018, 05:13 PM
I think this is a big overreaction. Go listen to the press conference--JoMo had nothing but praise for Fitz and his leadership after the violation occurred. He's fine.

Maybe this suspension was a wakeup call and he's a mature great leader now.

Either way, its absolute horseshit for a 5th year senior starting QB to get himself suspended for a game. Maybe he's better today, but he was super selfish on that day back in March or whenever.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Yeah let’s just bash the guy that’s gonna be the face of our program this season. Great job guys. Can’t figure out why the media doesn’t sing our praises year in and year out with the sunshine going on around here. He messed up. Coach handled it. Let’s move on.

BeastMan
08-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Great post Beast

He's a damn good football player & certainly has some Brett Favre type maturity qualities.

I'm encouraged that he was voted team captain & chosen to attend SEC media days AFTER this incident. That says a lot about how he responded to it & hopefully that's the player we get this year.

Good reasonable post Shotgun. He does have a little gunslinger in him.

As far as JoMo, I love the precedent. Mullen didn’t have that many control problems but I love that JoMo is taking a firm grip and making a huge point. It’s program shaping. Long term, I love it. Going on the road to KSU soon is so much more interesting now.

Dawg2003
08-27-2018, 05:29 PM
The mowhawk thing I could care less about. I don't think something that stupid says anything about a person's character. I'd need to see the video of him saying there's nothing to do in Starkville to get the tone and context. Maybe it was just an off the cuff comment. I've said that before too. The Bob story, I dunno. Just sounds like some people got their feelings hurt and overreacted. It happens. The QB controversy when he was a freshman? So what. He was immature and has now matured into a leader and was voted team captain. These don't seem like big red flags to me. They seems like a young adult trying to find his way and making some mistakes. Dak had a DUI and now a dick pic. These people are only humans. A DUI is a hell of a lot worse than the Fitz stuff you mentioned. The other stuff sounds like an immature kid trying to figure out how to react to situations.

His suspension today is in a different category because he should know better. I'm more worried the team might lose respect for him.

Lord McBuckethead
08-27-2018, 05:38 PM
Fitz is a cocky self assured guy. I love it. If you can't handle that, well his mindset doesn't need a fan's approval. Dumb suspension for him, and it could be an issue with KState being his first game speed action. But until it is an issue, no need to hash out how he let his team down. I am sure he knows. The entire team knows, and yet they still voted him team captain.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 05:40 PM
Beast - some good stuff as always - but you know me I've got to push back some on this some.

In light of the Baker Swedenberg thread on SPS I think there is a lot here that we have to unpack. If Dan was is as Swede writes - he created a lot of conflict situations that could have been avoided. If Dan was playing favorites, had players he was trying to drive out, etc., coouldn't he be to blame? Would almost make you think D Williams and Fitz were pitted against each other because ole Two Gloves didn't want to deal with it like a man?

We also don't know what type of expectations Dan set - and what he allowed favorites to get away with. If Fitz missed a meeting - and was used to Dan letting that stuff slide (especially for a guy putting in hours on rehab) - then Fitz is actually doing more as a leader by taking the punishment and setting the tone.

I still view the haircut thing as joke between friends that got out of control. I have had a number of times in life when a dumbass friend committed me to something stupid just to see how I would react. You go along with it to a point - and then they give you shit when you break. That just happens on social media now and we all see it because we are all freaky vouyers now.

And yeah - I'm throwing shit against the wall, but the reality is everyone outside a small circle of people is too. We all know that most of us don't have sources good enough sources to really give deep insight on this.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Fitz is a cocky self assured guy. I love it. If you can't handle that, well his mindset doesn't need a fan's approval. Dumb suspension for him, and it could be an issue with KState being his first game speed action. But until it is an issue, no need to hash out how he let his team down. I am sure he knows. The entire team knows, and yet they still voted him team captain.

This exactly. This thread is unnecessary. He has the team's support. He should have our support. Coach handled it. Let's play some football!

Cowbell
08-27-2018, 05:52 PM
The Mohawk drama just showed what kind of man he was in my opinion. And I hope that changes. Even if this is for a failed drug test, I would see the Mohawk deal as a bigger blow. We all make mistakes and make poor decisions, but being a liar is uncalled for. I don?t care how tough you are, if your word won?t hold water, then you ain?t much.

And I would tell him that to his face if had the chance. This is the problem with America today. Parents letting crap like this slide because it doesn?t bother them or not that big of a deal. My dad would have beat me senseless for ever not doing what I said I would do or not finishing what I had started.

Maybe it would be good for Fitz to know that we as fans think it is real chicken**** to do what he did there. I help pay for the uniform he wears and so it matters to me what kind of leaders we have wearing it.

You want to be the face of a program, act like it.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 05:55 PM
The Mohawk drama just showed what kind of man he was in my opinion. And I hope that changes. Even if this is for a failed drug test, I would see the Mohawk deal as a bigger blow. We all make mistakes and make poor decisions, but being a liar is uncalled for. I don?t care how tough you are, if your word won?t hold water, then you ain?t much.

And I would tell him that to his face if had the chance. This is the problem with America today. Parents letting crap like this slide because it doesn?t bother them or not that big of a deal. My dad would have beat me senseless for ever not doing what I said I would do or not finishing what I had started.

Maybe it would be good for Fitz to know that we as fans think it is real chicken**** to do what he did there. I help pay for the uniform he wears and so it matters to me what kind of leaders we have wearing it.

Go drink a beer and yell at the neighbor boy for playing his music too loud. Gracious

Dolphus Raymond
08-27-2018, 05:55 PM
This entire issue is being blown out of proportion.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 05:59 PM

Well we know one thing from this post - your Dad definitely beat you senseless.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-27-2018, 06:01 PM

Between this and the Story news, we've been chomping at the bit to eat our own. Fitz did something dumb and gave Moorhead an opportunity to make an example of him. If we were starting the season with K-State I have a feeling we would have found a way to punish him without suspension.

gravedigger
08-27-2018, 06:02 PM

Well said. Joe just let everyone know he is in charge. Cupcake or not.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Well said. Joe just let everyone know he is in charge. Cupcake or not.

Yes and I’m glad Coach let everyone know who is boss. Sets the tone for his time here.

But some of these takes are just amazing

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2018, 06:05 PM

What the entire F$&K???

Pollodawg
08-27-2018, 06:06 PM
This is being blown way, way out of proportion, but it’s being blown out of proportion because our fans are on edge because we’re gettong real hype for the first time in years. We’re over sensitive to everything right now because we’re super hyped. Having said that, it IS a bad look. A fifth year senior team leader shouldn’t be getting suspended regardless. He should know better. Having said that, we will win Sat and move on.

mstatefan91
What the entire F$&K???

Sounds like daddy issues

GreenheadDawg
Go drink a beer and yell at the neighbor boy for playing his music too loud. Gracious

Go look at some of his posts. He’s not on our side.

Pollodawg
08-27-2018, 06:10 PM
And, yes, I expect Fitz to play and live up to his billing. There is and will be no controversy here.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2018, 06:12 PM

He did exactly what he should have done. You play by the rules, no matter who you are. THE quickest way to lose a team is not to do that.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 06:23 PM

You're clearly the worst poster on this board after only 46 posts. Congrats.

tireddawg
08-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Between this and the Story news, we've been chomping at the bit to eat our own. Fitz did something dumb and gave Moorhead an opportunity to make an example of him. If we were starting the season with K-State I have a feeling we would have found a way to punish him without suspension.

From what I've heard about Joe, he would have been suspended no matter the opponent.

RocketDawg
08-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Well we know one thing from this post - your Dad definitely beat you senseless.

Haha. Long term effects I guess.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 06:48 PM
You're clearly the worst poster on this board after only 46 posts. Congrats.

What the entire F$&K???

Agreed... go away!!

**ETA... of course this is directed towards 'cowbell', not IYOK & 61.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 06:53 PM

^^This. And although I agree with Beast most of the time, this thread was unnecessary.

Dawg2003
08-27-2018, 06:53 PM
What the entire F$&K???

I don't think that's real. It can't be. Maybe an OM troll.

Captain Falcon
08-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Dak Prescott has had several very public incidents that our fans have given him a total pass for. Fitz doesn’t get a dang mohawk and gets suspended for one game and all of the sudden he’s a bad person with red flags all around.

He screwed up. He is serving his suspension. The coaching staff is very pleased with where he is, and our team voted him captain after the fact. That’s all there is to it. Why do our own fans have to make this out like he is a cancer to our team?

grandprairiedog
08-27-2018, 06:59 PM

Ditto. . . about the Mohawk.

If you want me (Teammates) to respect you as the one of the alpha leaders of the team, then do what you said you were going to do. If you indeed keep your promise, I now am even more willing to go to "war" with you and for you, and let's be clear, football in the ultimate legal physical battle in sports. Therefore it requires honor and commitment from all involved. Well if you renege on your word, then. . . I believe that's a bad optic as we well as a bad precedence for one's journey.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Dak Prescott has had several very public incidents that our fans have given him a total pass for. Fitz doesn’t get a dang mohawk and gets suspended for one game and all of the sudden he’s a bad person with red flags all around.

He screwed up. He is serving his suspension. The coaching staff is very pleased with where he is, and our team voted him captain after the fact. That’s all there is to it. Why do our own fans have to make this out like he is a cancer to our team?

Bullsh*t!! You are a total douchebag to think that we hold any MSU player, especially one that's on the cusp of leading our greatest season ever, in low regard. No one is above criticism and everyone on this site hopes this is just a blip and that Fitz takes us to the promise land!

RocketDawg
08-27-2018, 07:04 PM

If you want me (Teammates) to respect you as the one of the alpha leaders of the team, then do what you said you were going to do. If you indeed keep your promise, I now am even more willing to go to "war" with you and for you, and let's be clear, football in the ultimate legal physical battle in sports. Therefore it requires honor and commitment from all involved. Well if you renege on your word, then. . . I believe that's a bad optic as we well as a bad precedence for one's journey.

Not getting the mohawk didn't bother me all that much ... presumably it was a light-hearted thing with a buddy on the baseball team. What was more bothersome was letting his girlfriend boss him around.

1bigdawg
08-27-2018, 07:05 PM

You chose this for your first post???????

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 07:10 PM

** REBEL/BEAR/LANKSHARK Alert **

tcdog70
08-27-2018, 07:12 PM

Ha, what? Not getting a haircut showed you what kind of a man he is. What a crock of bullshit. He showed Me what kind of Man He was by running the **** over anyone that tried to tackle Him. He is a Warrior and I want Him leading the Bulldogs. Ya'll are the same critical Mfers that wanted to throw Jeffery Simmons to the curb. Just STFU and move on.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 07:13 PM

Aww horseshit.

I played ball with plenty of guys I didn't respect off the field, a couple of whom I loathed and wouldn't have pissed on if they were on fire. But, they were damn good athletes and helped us win ball games and that was all I cared about. We did our business when we had to, communicated as needed, then ignored each other when we weren't on the field. Most guys don't give a rats ass what you do off field as long as you show up and do your work and make the team better. Believe it or not - a team of 100 guys aren't all going to like or respect each other.

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 07:27 PM

You nailed it. And I don't understand it. Yes, Nick is not as humble and nice as Dak on first impression but he's on pace to be statistically better in some categories than Dak. If Nick and the team has a better season this year than Dak's 2014 and 2015 I'd personally have to say that Nick was a better player.

The thing is on two of those red flags Damien Williams was stirring up trouble with the QB controversy and it was Damien's beard that Bob said something about that got him riled up. On the QB controversy Dan still started Nick during the USA game so he obviously must have blown Damien away using Dan's rigged system per Baker Swedenburg's sixpack post. Then he pulls Nick after what? 1-2 series and doesn't play him the rest of the game at all. And then names Nick the starter the next day after the game- so you know it had nothing to do with how anyone practiced that week. And then all of a sudden Nick was good the rest of the year. I don't see how Dan being an idiot with the QB depth chart is Nick's fault.

And on the Bob thing- as I said Nick didn't start it. Did he make fun or treat Bob bad after that? I don't know for sure, but if he did- and I have no reason to doubt that he treated Bob bad- it wasn't like he was the one who started it and he was hardly the only guy making fun of Bob on the team. That doesn't make making fun of Bob C right- but if we're going to pin that on Nick the other players need to take as much responsibility for it as well.

Now the mohawk- Nick IS dating a beauty pageant girl who did tell him on Twitter to not get it cut after her pageants. I'm guessing that she's also the main reason for him not getting one. Even if I'm wrong- if I was on the team, I wouldn't be sitting in the huddle like "Gee, I don't trust Nick on this 4th and one because I remember he didn't get a mohawk." Yeah- Nick is getting flak from the baseball team about it. But he's also got a pageant girl as a girlfriend and they and the other people here who "don't think he's a man and can't trust his word" aren't. All I'm saying is you can call me untrustworthy in exchange for me dating Miss South Carolina any day and every day of the week.

I will say that his suspension is very disappointing and what he did was dumb. But he will be fine. Hopefully he learns a lesson from this and we all move forward. Shoot- Bear Bryant benched Joe Namath for a bowl game and Namath turned out OK. Some QB's are like Bond, Manziel, Namath, Stabler, and Nick. They like to party, they're probably pretty cocky and confident people because of the nature of what they do athletically, and that's just the way it is. Enjoy their talents on the field and don't care as much about the "person" they are off the field. I'm not paying money to watch John Bond drive off in a Corvette with beer. All of these guys have issues- there aren't very man clean cut ones- Brady, Favre, DAK all of have done their share of idiotic things.

Quaoarsking
08-27-2018, 07:28 PM

Dak Prescott never got himself suspended for a game, especially not his senior year. Not a valid comparison.

I don't care about the mohawk and I'm not going to hold a long-term grudge, but it's an absolutely terrible look for the leader of our team to do something bad enough for this level of punishment.

LC Dawg
08-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Dak was no saint but if he had gotten suspended for the first game of his senior season he would have caught some grief from fans. The dui (which was later dropped) was after his eligibility had expired. Dak was also constantly doing things to endear himself to the fan base and to people in general. There are different ways to lead. Fitz seems to have the respect of his team and that is all that really matters. I was at USM when Favre was there before I transferred to State. Pretty much everyone that met him personally did not care for him but they loved him on Saturday.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Dak is treated differently than everyone else because he was the first real national QB we've basically ever had (Fitz #2), he led us to our very first and only #1 ranking ever and he's the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. To say Dak isn't treated differently is lying. Dak is our Peyton Manning. He just is. Do I think he'll forever be the goat QB at State? Nope I think we have a string of them that have real potential to surpass him and his accomplishments here at State but it's gonna be awfully tough to surpass him perception wise in this fanbase unless one of these next 3 becomes the starting QB for the Giants or Saints and wins a Super Bowl. Even then though Dak might have one by that time.

BeastMan
08-27-2018, 07:44 PM
Beast - some good stuff as always - but you know me I've got to push back some on this some.

In light of the Baker Swedenberg thread on SPS I think there is a lot here that we have to unpack. If Dan was is as Swede writes - he created a lot of conflict situations that could have been avoided. If Dan was playing favorites, had players he was trying to drive out, etc., coouldn't he be to blame? Would almost make you think D Williams and Fitz were pitted against each other because ole Two Gloves didn't want to deal with it like a man?

We also don't know what type of expectations Dan set - and what he allowed favorites to get away with. If Fitz missed a meeting - and was used to Dan letting that stuff slide (especially for a guy putting in hours on rehab) - then Fitz is actually doing more as a leader by taking the punishment and setting the tone.

I still view the haircut thing as joke between friends that got out of control. I have had a number of times in life when a dumbass friend committed me to something stupid just to see how I would react. You go along with it to a point - and then they give you shit when you break. That just happens on social media now and we all see it because we are all freaky vouyers now.

And yeah - I'm throwing shit against the wall, but the reality is everyone outside a small circle of people is too. We all know that most of us don't have sources good enough sources to really give deep insight on this.

All good really reasonable points Brunswick. And its not like I don?t like Fitz. I just have some criticisms

RocketDawg
08-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Dak is treated differently than everyone else because he was the first real national QB we've basically ever had (Fitz #2), he led us to our very first and only #1 ranking ever and he's the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. To say Dak isn't treated differently is lying. Dak is our Peyton Manning. He just is. Do I think he'll forever be the goat QB at State? Nope I think we have a string of them that have real potential to surpass him and his accomplishments here at State but it's gonna be awfully tough to surpass him perception wise in this fanbase unless one of these next 3 becomes the starting QB for the Giants or Saints and wins a Super Bowl. Even then though Dak might have one by that time.

What it boils down to is that Dak came/comes across as a nice guy, was fan friendly, and seemed to like kids. Fans liked him. Fans like Nick too, but he doesn't seem to have quite the humility of Dak.

Coach34
08-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Shit- I'm trying not to post but you guys pull me back in.

Dakota Prescott is a natural leader and a damn hard worker. His teammates see that he will work just as hard as any player on the team- so not only does he get respect for being the QB- he gets respect for being one of the hardest workers on the team.

Fitz is super talented and the other players respect him. But he isnt their die-hard leader. He is the pretty-boy super talented QB that does work fairly hard. But he likes to party hard also. So the other players love him because he plays hard and parties hard. Thats why he is a captain. He is a smaller version of Michael Irvin at QB, But he has to realize that being an SEC QB has its microscope and Johnny Manziel has made it tougher on partying QB's. NFL clubs are more leary.

Word out of camp is that there is a clear gap between Fitz and Thompson- so his job isnt in jeopardy. But hopefully he has realized that partying needs to take a backseat to winning the SEC title. Only 4 QB's have had a chance to win the SEC Title in my lifetime- Bond, Madkin, Prescott, and now Fitz. He better take advantage of that chance.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 08:04 PM
"But what if you can party hard and win the SEC?"
- signed Joseph William Namath

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 08:09 PM

Could you please start 17ing posting again?

Whatever point you were trying to make has been made & it's time to move on.

We need you here

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 08:14 PM

He is a smaller version of Michael Irvin at QB,

Surely he isn't as wild as Michael Irvin. I'm a hoping not.

Hambone
08-27-2018, 08:22 PM
Exactly, it wasn’t Fitz who caused a scene about Bobs story, it was Williams.

Coach34
08-27-2018, 08:22 PM
Surely he isn't as wild as Michael Irvin. I'm a hoping not.

Every Dallas Cowboy to this day still says that Michael Irvin is the best practice player they have ever had. He was a practice warrior.

Coach34
08-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Could you please start 17ing posting again?

Whatever point you were trying to make has been made & it's time to move on.

We need you here

Not until I get my percentage back and Scooba is gone

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Every Dallas Cowboy to this day still says that Michael Irvin is the best practice player they have ever had. He was a practice warrior.

I was meaning off the field.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2018, 08:30 PM
Not until I get my percentage back and Scooba is gone

http://rs1255.pbsrc.com/albums/hh640/mimajki/Feedback%20gifs%202/tumblr_m4l8v3AsDQ1qaboh9o4_250.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Coach34
08-27-2018, 08:39 PM
http://rs1255.pbsrc.com/albums/hh640/mimajki/Feedback%20gifs%202/tumblr_m4l8v3AsDQ1qaboh9o4_250.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

I will be starting a new Miss State board this Fall. We will let things fall where they will. Dont bet against me

Cooterpoot
08-27-2018, 08:42 PM
I?m convinced we?ve got the worst damn fans in football because of s hit like the OP posted.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2018, 08:43 PM
I will be starting a new Miss State board this Fall. We will let things fall where they will. Dont bet against me

What will the new site's policy be towards fruit-themed nicknames?**

Good luck...I'm sure there will be plenty of rubes ready to swear fealty.

RocketDawg
08-27-2018, 08:47 PM
Exactly, it wasn’t Fitz who caused a scene about Bobs story, it was Williams.

That's the way I remember it too. Some players were being petty about Bob's comments, but I don't think Fitz was one of them. The whole thing was meant to be all in fun.

Lord McBuckethead
08-27-2018, 09:01 PM
I am going to have to disagree. The dude has been in the spotlight and a shadow from Dak at the same time. Give the dude a break. He should have a mohawk though.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 09:16 PM

What will the new site's policy be towards fruit-themed nicknames?**

Good luck...I'm sure there will be plenty of rubes ready to swear fealty.

You're probably my favorite poster on this board except when you respond to C34 posts. Can you PM him please and get it all out and then permanently bury the hatchet. Thanks.

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 09:20 PM
I guess yall think that Dak was an angel or maybe yall dont remember the guy that won the heisman trophy last year did some things on camera that some would call less than gentlemanly.

I dont want a gentleman on my team, I want a fighter thats what Fitz is. Was what he did wrong? Yes. And he is paying the price for it. We are fine. Its a strong statement from Moorhead and only makes me feel better about him suspending arguably the best QB in school history for his first game

BeastMan
08-27-2018, 09:29 PM
Exactly, it wasn?t Fitz who caused a scene about Bobs story, it was Williams.

Fitz was right in the middle of it antagonizing and crowing if twitter. Crazy part was he wasn?t even in the article since he shaves.

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 09:37 PM
Fitz had some issues when he first got here, and a lot of kids on the team did not like him because he didnt have the best work ethic (they had been with Dak for 5 years) but the QB controversy was squarely on Mullen and there should have never been one.

If Mullen leaves Fitz in vs USA and does his same ol shit with him we beat them by 21 points. But Mullen had to be Mullen and dick it up. Williams was never and SEC QB the QB whisperer thought he could make him one but Williams was bad at Texas St. It was never going to happen

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 09:47 PM
Fitz was right in the middle of it antagonizing and crowing if twitter. Crazy part was he wasn?t even in the article since he shaves.

I don’t remember this at all. I remember Williams getting very upset about it but I don’t remember Fitz saying a word. I could be damn wrong though. Just stating it how I remember.

maroonmania
08-27-2018, 10:12 PM
Dak Prescott never got himself suspended for a game, especially not his senior year. Not a valid comparison.

I don't care about the mohawk and I'm not going to hold a long-term grudge, but it's an absolutely terrible look for the leader of our team to do something bad enough for this level of punishment.

Agree, and Dak is no saint but he hasn't really had "public" incidents that he has been given passes for. The biggest thing he ever had that i knew about was the DUI that seemed bogus from the start and wasn't even administered properly by the arresting officer so it got thrown out. That one still comes across as some local Fife trying to make a name for himself. Only other incident I know of with Dak was the fact that he got attacked on a beach by some thugs. Not sure how that one was his fault. Dak is just a natural leader and that is why he is doing what he is doing in Dallas. I love Nick, and he is tough as nails but he doesn't have the natural leadership ability that Dak does nor is he as mature as Dak was. But that is no real criticism because we've never had another QB in our modern history with the leadership ability of Dak Prescott.

Commercecomet24
08-27-2018, 10:35 PM

Dakota Prescott is a natural leader and a damn hard worker. His teammates see that he will work just as hard as any player on the team- so not only does he get respect for being the QB- he gets respect for being one of the hardest workers on the team.

Fitz is super talented and the other players respect him. But he isnt their die-hard leader. He is the pretty-boy super talented QB that does work fairly hard. But he likes to party hard also. So the other players love him because he plays hard and parties hard. Thats why he is a captain. He is a smaller version of Michael Irvin at QB, But he has to realize that being an SEC QB has its microscope and Johnny Manziel has made it tougher on partying QB's. NFL clubs are more leary.

Word out of camp is that there is a clear gap between Fitz and Thompson- so his job isnt in jeopardy. But hopefully he has realized that partying needs to take a backseat to winning the SEC title. Only 4 QB's have had a chance to win the SEC Title in my lifetime- Bond, Madkin, Prescott, and now Fitz. He better take advantage of that chance.

So you're saying he's John Bond 2.0

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 10:39 PM
So you're saying he's John Bond 2.0
Bond was good but ... Nick way better and it's not close.

Commercecomet24
08-27-2018, 10:41 PM
Bond was good but ... Nick way better and it's not close.

I Agree. was referring more to their personality types. And I'm a big John Bond fan!

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Agree, and Dak is no saint but he hasn't really had "public" incidents that he has been given passes for. The biggest thing he ever had that i knew about was the DUI that seemed bogus from the start and wasn't even administered properly by the arresting officer so it got thrown out. That one still comes across as some local Fife trying to make a name for himself. Only other incident I know of with Dak was the fact that he got attacked on a beach by some thugs. Not sure how that one was his fault. Dak is just a natural leader and that is why he is doing what he is doing in Dallas. I love Nick, and he is tough as nails but he doesn't have the natural leadership ability that Dak does nor is he as mature as Dak was. But that is no real criticism because we've never had another QB in our modern history with the leadership ability of Dak Prescott.

The beach thing wasn't Dak's fault- but I do think that MSU has to possibly do a better job of letting our star football players know that the reality is they aren't "regular college students" and that their actions are going to have very public consequences. I think it's because for the past 5-10 years our football profile has increased to a point that it never has before and we're behind on a few things.

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 10:45 PM
I Agree. was referring more to their personality types. And I'm a big John Bond fan!

Ahhh ... I get it now. Probably very much so it sounds like.

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 10:47 PM
I guess yall think that Dak was an angel or maybe yall dont remember the guy that won the heisman trophy last year did some things on camera that some would call less than gentlemanly.

I dont want a gentleman on my team, I want a fighter thats what Fitz is. Was what he did wrong? Yes. And he is paying the price for it. We are fine. Its a strong statement from Moorhead and only makes me feel better about him suspending arguably the best QB in school history for his first game

Here's the thing I don't get. Fitz gets suspended a game and now NFL GM's are going to question him. Baker Mayfield loses his cool and flips off players from KANSAS and it's all good.

Dak gets a bogus DUI and of course drops to what? Second or third round. Those idiots at Ole Miss are jumping out of windows strung out on LSD, posting bong gas mask pictures, and know two pass routes- first round picks! WTF?

Why do our players like Simmons get slammed and others don't?

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 11:03 PM
Here's the thing I don't get. Fitz gets suspended a game and now NFL GM's are going to question him. Baker Mayfield loses his cool and flips off players from KANSAS and it's all good.

Dak gets a bogus DUI and of course drops to what? Second or third round. Those idiots at Ole Miss are jumping out of windows strung out on LSD, posting bong gas mask pictures, and know two pass routes- first round picks! WTF?

Ours dont really. Baker won the heisman and made the playoff. Dak didnt. Plus the NFL is so QB crazy its ridiculous. No QB in the past draft deserved to be picked in the top 5 let alone 1.

Nkemdiche and Treadwell have been busts and anyone who really watched them in college knew what the cardinals and vikes were really getting

Tunsil was good enough to where it didnt matter but he did suffer from it.

JoseBrown
08-27-2018, 11:19 PM

And don't forget Smoot maybe/maybe not being caught by the cops with a lefty ciggy, and missing his last bowl game and dropping in the draft. I'm pretty sure the charges were dropped, but he paid a pretty hefty price for it. I always felt bad for him, maybe he made up for it with the boat party. But my point is don't forget him when mentioning our star players losing more to some little incident than all of those asshole landshark players combined. Guess it's standards n principles here vs that shithole.

Commercecomet24
08-27-2018, 11:30 PM

Great post. I agree.

Quaoarsking
08-27-2018, 11:30 PM

Neither Dak nor Baker let their teammates down by getting suspended for a game in their senior year. (Or any other year for that matter, although in fairness Baker was suspended for 1 drive for the crotchgrab.)

There's nothing wrong with seeing this is as a huge red flag for Fitz. I hope me proves he wrong, and I'll gladfully admit it when he hoists the Heisman in December and the national championship trophy in January.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 11:33 PM
Neither Dak nor Baker let their teammates down by getting suspended for a game in their senior year. (Or any other year for that matter, although in fairness Baker was suspended for 1 drive for the crotchgrab.)

There's nothing wrong with seeing this is as a huge red flag for Fitz. I hope me proves he wrong, and I'll gladfully admit it when he hoists the Heisman in December and the national championship trophy in January.

Let his teammates down is fine. He’s answering for it.

Red flag sounds so 17ing stupid. He’s been here 4 years. This is not a red flag. It’s a bump in the road.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 11:40 PM
A red flag, for those of you who didn’t know, is a signal of danger, of more to come.

This seems like a boneheaded incident. You guys sound silly calling it a red flag.

munk_munk92
08-27-2018, 11:57 PM

This is wrong, Damian Williams made the big deal about it and Nick was laughing about it and thought is was funny. I agree Nick seems to be a little immature at times but I don't think its a problem. Once the team saw how hard Nick was during tough games it won the team over. The team is 100% behind Nick.

Dawg61
08-28-2018, 12:10 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/obOfMF01iZSU0/giphy.gif

sandwolf
08-28-2018, 12:40 AM
I don’t remember this at all. I remember Williams getting very upset about it but I don’t remember Fitz saying a word. I could be damn wrong though. Just stating it how I remember.

Yea, I remember Williams taking it personally and making a scene about it.....but I don't remember Fitz being involved.

BulldogBear
08-28-2018, 07:15 AM

^This is by far the best post to date about the whole situation

BulldogBear
08-28-2018, 07:21 AM
He did exactly what he should have done. You play by the rules, no matter who you are. THE quickest way to lose a team is not to do that.

This exactly. I would be extremely worried about our future had JoMO not handled this exactly like he did.

Y'all have got to remember JoMo is not some feelingless hard a$$. He has a softer approach but leaves no doubt that he is in charge.

Jarius
08-28-2018, 07:29 AM
On a similar note, it would behoove Fitz to delete his Snapchat or at a minimum only post things on there that he wants scouts to see. He doesn’t do anything that other college kids don’t do, but with failed piss tests it now makes him look like a party animal every time he’s at a music fest drinking beer on there.

SouthMSDog
08-28-2018, 08:23 AM

Relax, Damien. It seems like that San Marcos heat is getting to you a bit.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 08:27 AM
Yea, I remember Williams taking it personally and making a scene about it.....but I don't remember Fitz being involved.

Y’all have selective memory. Ask someone with knowledge who the ringleaders were and after they tell you Damian, Fitz, and Dedrick Thomas get back to me.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 08:35 AM
On a similar note, it would behoove Fitz to delete his Snapchat or at a minimum only post things on there that he wants scouts to see. He doesn’t do anything that other college kids don’t do, but with failed piss tests it now makes him look like a party animal every time he’s at a music fest drinking beer on there.

Thank you. He’s our Bo Wallace. Folks on here acting like he’s infallable and above reproach is ridiculous. You can both like Fitz AND have some legitimate concerns. Fitz isn’t doing anything a normal college kid does but he’s not a normal college kid. He’s the fave of a university. Is it fair? Maybe not but if you sign up to play QB in the SEC you know everything that comes with that. Since Fitz is a Mullen signee let’s do an excercise to make a point. Rank these QBs solely on how they represented MSU off the field: Tyson Lee, Chris Relf, Tyler Russell, Dak Prescott, Nick Fitzgerald.

BB30
08-28-2018, 08:40 AM

Dak wasn't ever going to go higher than the second or third round. Just some poor evaluations and the Tim Tebow affect hanging over him. It had very little to do with a DUI.

OM's guys went in the 1st round because they were considered top level NFL talent, plain and simple. Dak wasn't considered one of those guys. He lacked the physically elite arm tools that teams look for in a 1st round QB.

Fitz is still a kid/young man. Most college age males make mistakes/most don't live under a microscope. In the big scheme of things what he has done has been fairly insignificant.
The team respects him because he is tough as nails and is driven to win on the football field. They could care less how he acts off the field relatively speaking.

Gutter Cobreh
08-28-2018, 08:42 AM
A red flag, for those of you who didn?t know, is a signal of danger, of more to come.

This seems like a boneheaded incident. You guys sound silly calling it a red flag.

You've been here long enough to know that there have been rumors surrounding Fitz since he stepped on campus. Not sure of the validity of them at the time, so simply sticking with the present suspension (regardless of reason) - it was a boneheaded decision (whatever it was).

To summarize my thoughts based on other threads on this topic:

Will it effect attendance - No (very stupid to even think it would)
Will it hurt our chances of winning against SFA - No
Will it effect our chances against KSU - No
Do I trust Moorhead handled it properly - Yes
Was it a wake-up call for Fitz - Hopefully (college kids will be college kids, but the hope is the maturity level increases as each year passes).

The thing that concerns me after reading all these posts is to hear the KT has fallen well behind Fitz in the QB race. Not that there was really any doubt, but you'd like to hear that KT is close. I think he throws a better ball and ultimately has the skill set to outpace both Dak and Fitz.

mstatefan91
08-28-2018, 08:43 AM
You've been here long enough to know that there have been rumors surrounding Fitz since he stepped on campus. Not sure of the validity of them at the time, so simply sticking with the present suspension (regardless of reason) - it was a boneheaded decision (whatever it was).

To summarize my thoughts based on other threads on this topic:

Will it effect attendance - No (very stupid to even think it would)
Will it hurt our chances of winning against SFA - No
Will it effect our chances against KSU - No
Do I trust Moorhead handled it properly - Yes
Was it a wake-up call for Fitz - Hopefully (college kids will be college kids, but the hope is the maturity level increases as each year passes).

The thing that concerns me after reading all these posts is to hear the KT has fallen well behind Fitz in the QB race. Not that there was really any doubt, but you'd like to hear that KT is close. I think he throws a better ball and ultimately has the skill set to outpace both Dak and Fitz.

There are rumors surrounding every QB that eventually becomes a starter on this campus.. Dak included..........................................

so I say that to say this.. so what?

Johnson85
08-28-2018, 08:47 AM
Thank you. He’s our Bo Wallace. Folks on here acting like he’s infallable and above reproach is ridiculous. You can both like Fitz AND have some legitimate concerns. Fitz isn’t doing anything a normal college kid does but he’s not a normal college kid. He’s the fave of a university. Is it fair? Maybe not but if you sign up to play QB in the SEC you know everything that comes with that. Since Fitz is a Mullen signee let’s do an excercise to make a point. Rank these QBs solely on how they represented MSU off the field: Tyson Lee, Chris Relf, Tyler Russell, Dak Prescott, Nick Fitzgerald.

This is 17ing ridiculous. No, he has not been the most mature or straight laced kid since he's been on campus, but he's not a whiny bitch either. When Fitz leaves, he's still going to be beloved by MSU fans unless something really changes this year. There's not going to be a sigh of relief like a lot of UM fans had when Bo was gone and they could stop pretending that he wasn't a major douche bag even by UM standards.

mstatefan91
08-28-2018, 08:50 AM

He's our what?

Cooterpoot
08-28-2018, 08:53 AM
Let me explain how college football players average over 40 hours per week in football and how their bodies take a beating for a sport and school. Then they have to put in the time in the classroom. If a kid goes and smokes weed or drinks a beer, who cares? Hell, they probably need it if you want to know the truth. I've got kids playing college ball. One has to have regular medical care and pain management due to the wear and tear on their body. To them, it's worth it because of the work and time they've put in. Hell, I'll buy them a beer myself.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 08:59 AM
This is 17ing ridiculous. No, he has not been the most mature or straight laced kid since he's been on campus, but he's not a whiny bitch either. When Fitz leaves, he's still going to be beloved by MSU fans unless something really changes this year. There's not going to be a sigh of relief like a lot of UM fans had when Bo was gone and they could stop pretending that he wasn't a major douche bag even by UM standards.

Bo Wallace was a poor man’s Brett Favre. Gunslinger that played hard and partied hard. That’s the comparison. I don’t know how that comparison turned in to inferring Nick is a whiny bitch. Reread the last sentence of the op

Jarius
08-28-2018, 09:00 AM
Let me explain how college football players average over 40 hours per week in football and how their bodies take a beating for a sport and school. Then they have to put in the time in the classroom. If a kid goes and smokes weed or drinks a beer, who cares? Hell, they probably need it if you want to know the truth. I've got kids playing college ball. One has to have regular medical care and pain management due to the wear and tear on their body. To them, it's worth it because of the work and time they've put in. Hell, I'll buy them a beer myself.

The people evaluating him for the next level give a shit. It’s not going to matter st MSU, but if he wants to stop costing himself draft money, he should probably put on a better front.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 09:00 AM

Reread the last paragraph of the op. I pretty much say everything you just said. No one is questioning the physical commitment these guys make. Nick is tough as nails.

Dawg2003
08-28-2018, 09:40 AM

But no one said he was infallible and above reproach. Some people, myself included, feel like it was an immature move but not the biggest deal in the world in the grand scheme of things. It's really disappointing, but it's not a pattern as this thread suggests. It can hopefully be a lesson for him. I just don't think that a guy not getting a mowhawk and saying there is nothing to do in Starkville create a pattern of questionable behavior. That's really digging and performing some mental gymnastics to say a guy has some red flags.

BeastMan
08-28-2018, 10:03 AM
But no one said he was infallible and above reproach. Some people, myself included, feel like it was an immature move but not the biggest deal in the world in the grand scheme of things. It's really disappointing, but it's not a pattern as this thread suggests. It can hopefully be a lesson for him. I just don't think that a guy not getting a mowhawk and saying there is nothing to do in Starkville create a pattern of questionable behavior. That's really digging and performing some mental gymnastics to say a guy has some red flags.

Good reasonable post. I just threw out a few things off the top of my head. There have been numerous things/rumors discussed about Fitz that never get discussed on message boards. Due to some of the things that have been rumored over the years I was absolutely NOT shocked by the announcement whereas if Tyler Russell would have been suspended I would have been floored. While you see mental gymnastics to make a connection, I see them in our base totally absolving him from any criticism. Ultimately we’ll kick off in a few days and we’ll actually have real football to talk about. I just hate he doesn’t get live game reps before a monster game at KSU. I might look like the bad guy right now for discussing it but can you imagine the negative meltdown on boards and social media if he struggles in Manhattan?

Cooterpoot
08-28-2018, 10:04 AM
The people evaluating him for the next level give a shit. It’s not going to matter st MSU, but if he wants to stop costing himself draft money, he should probably put on a better front.

And that's his call. I'm not going to criticize him for that. He's got to live with that.

Cooterpoot
08-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Reread the last paragraph of the op. I pretty much say everything you just said. No one is questioning the physical commitment these guys make. Nick is tough as nails.

And there's no point in bashing him. If he's drunk all time and constantly screwing up things, then I'm all in. But that's not what he is. He's a cocky kid that has a good time and busts his ass for State. People are trying to make it more than that. And it's pretty classless in many cases.

Dawg61
08-28-2018, 10:57 AM
The only thing Bo Wallace was like a poor man's Brett Favre on is drinking beer and probably sending dick pics. Bo couldn't throw the ball farther than 30 yards by the end of his career so he'd have to be the poorest version of Brett Favre possible.

Johnson85
08-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Bo Wallace was a poor man?s Brett Favre. Gunslinger that played hard and partied hard. That?s the comparison. I don?t know how that comparison turned in to inferring Nick is a whiny bitch. Reread the last sentence of the op

Bo Wallace is a Mumbai homeless person's Brett Favre.

If you want to make a comparison saying that Fitz has not been as mature off the field and parties a little harder than recent MSU qbs, maybe Bond would be a good comparison.

Political Hack
08-28-2018, 04:22 PM
This season rest on Fitz shoulders. It's a lot of pressure. I don't think that bothers him but I also don't think he holds the responsibility of being an SEC QB in as high regard as some others do, including fans. I think those two go hand in hand. He's not going to succumb to the pressure, but he's not going to allow the responsibility to dictate his life either. I can live with that balance.

Todd4State
08-28-2018, 04:28 PM
This season rest on Fitz shoulders. It's a lot of pressure. I don't think that bothers him but I also don't think he holds the responsibility of being an SEC QB in as high regard as some others do, including fans. I think those two go hand in hand. He's not going to succumb to the pressure, but he's not going to allow the responsibility to dictate his life either. I can live with that balance.

There aren't very many players that can reach the lofty standards for character/class for some of our fans.

We have a lot of fans that want our players to be "good people", make good grades, date an average looking girl because he really loves her, not cuss, and oh yeah- win football games while taking the mantle of QB at MSU so seriously that he thinks about it constantly and about how everything he does someone is watching him. And sign autographs for everyone.

Johnson85
08-28-2018, 04:38 PM
There aren't very many players that can reach the lofty standards for character/class for some of our fans.

We have a lot of fans that want our players to be "good people", make good grades, date an average looking girl because he really loves her, not cuss, and oh yeah- win football games while taking the mantle of QB at MSU so seriously that he thinks about it constantly and about how everything he does someone is watching him. And sign autographs for everyone.

yea, what's really weird is unless we have an extremely unrepresentative group of alumni on message boards, there are apparently a significant number of people who expect football players to behave better than they themselves did in college.

Ari Gold
08-28-2018, 10:50 PM
CDM screwed up the QB situation 2 years with Fitz and Williams and it cost us one game maybe 2 that year.
I give Fitz all the credit for not being a ***** after those first few games. The locker room was ****ed from the start of the year and that’s all on Dan and that offensive staff
I was told by a coach that Fitz won the team and the locker room During and after the BYU game

chef dixon
08-29-2018, 07:01 AM
It?s a little late for a wake up call. Hes only been here 4 and a half years. One season is short and can get derailed in a hurry. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Dawg2003
08-29-2018, 07:47 AM
He'll either learn from it, or he won't. No one will care about it in a few weeks as long as we win.

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2018, 05:56 AM
Beastman nailed it

I’ll add Fitz is Fitz. Great athlete but between the ears.....

I bet anything he comes out vs Kstate nervous, throwing
Off the mark and it will take the defense making a big play to ignite some energy into our sideline. Fitz will make some
Plays in
The 2nd half.

We shall see which Fitz shows up vs Auburn and Florida. The overthrowing nervous Fitz (UGA and OM last year) or the relaxed athlete that makes plays.