08-27-2018, 12:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dln2s3OUwAIGl6o.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dln2s3LUcAAEBOA.jpg

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:30 PM
A few things:

- We are really tall at WR. Moorhead likes the jump balls
- Love Brian Cole at kick returner
- Believe Mixon & Thomas could be fun at PR. Nice to see some explosiveness at that position

stalkingpoon
08-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Hill getting the nod over A-train? I like it.

msstate7
08-27-2018, 12:38 PM
Fitz not playing?

ETA... I see thread now

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Hill getting the nod over A-train? I like it.

There is an "or" & when there is an "or" they put the players in alphabetical order

Means they are even

Maroons
08-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Dear moved from H to Z?

That one is curious.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:40 PM
I'm a little surprised to see Couch ahead of Jason.

stalkingpoon
08-27-2018, 12:40 PM
There is an "or" & when there is an "or" they put the players in alphabetical order

Means they are even

Not true. See Austin Williams and Thomas or Osirus Mitchell and Jesse Jackson

Anonymous
08-27-2018, 12:48 PM
An injury away from being in deep shit at LB.

smootness
08-27-2018, 12:50 PM
That 12-man defense is going to give teams fits.

KOdawg1
08-27-2018, 12:54 PM

I'm more concerned with OL depth

Anonymous
08-27-2018, 12:56 PM
I'm more concerned with OL depth

At least OL has a 2 deep though. We have 4 LB's for 3 spots.

KOdawg1
08-27-2018, 12:57 PM
James Jackson 2nd string DT. I know Cory Thomas isn't playing, but that's good to see for a RFr

KOdawg1
08-27-2018, 12:58 PM

I expect Kilby-Lane to contribute some this year

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 01:21 PM

Gerri Green could play LB if need be, I'm sure.

Hot Rock
08-27-2018, 01:25 PM

Correct me if I am wrong from someone more "in the know" but this defense will have 4 down lineman, 2 LB's and 5 DB's most of the time.

It's really 4 guys for 2 spots for the majority of the time. As mentioned earlier in this thread, there is depth if need be.

I also see these big DB's that we have allowing us this luxury. All but one of our DB's is at least 6ft.

Lord McBuckethead
08-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Gerri Green could play LB if need be, I'm sure.

Exactly. Hell I would believe Sweat could too, if it came to that.

RiverCityDawg
08-27-2018, 01:31 PM
Not true. See Austin Williams and Thomas or Osirus Mitchell and Jesse Jackson

Yeah it's definitely not alphabetical, nor is it seniority based. Makes me think it's not quite even, more like a 1A and 1B. I bet we see Justin Johnson, Austin Williams, Osirus and Kylin take the first snap at their positions.

msu15
08-27-2018, 01:40 PM
I thought Lee Autry was a Junior because he redshirted last season. I wonder if that's a typo

somebodyshotmypaw
08-27-2018, 01:50 PM
I thought Lee Autry was a Junior because he redshirted last season. I wonder if that's a typo

It's a typo. It also has him with 2 letters.

Johnson85
08-27-2018, 01:55 PM
A few notable things to me:

- Surprised to see Mixon third behind Austin Williams and Deddrick. Knew there was a log jam in the slot and knew austin Williams was getting a lot of praise, so I shouldn't be surprised, but still surprising to see someone we relied on so much starting out at third string.

- Surprised to see Malik at the Z. Again, maybe I shouldn't be considering the log jam at the slot. I think that's a pretty good indication he has not come back from his injury. If he had reached his potential here, I don't think there'd be a way we could afford for him to not be on the field.

- Good to see O Mitchell claiming a starting spot, even if it's a 1a/1b situation with Jesse Jackson.

- Whop is maybe going to RS? I didn't think this was likely considering the way people talked about him and how we were at WR last year. Hopefully that's a sign of older playhers responding to better coaching.

- OL Depth is a lot scary for Center and a little scary for guard and OT.

- Still makes me wooly to see Hill listed as 1A/1B with Williams. We know what Williams brings and it looked like Hill had the potential to be better. Good to see Hill doing enough to be viewed as equally valuable as Williams.

- Surprised Mayden is listed as "or" for third string qb with Logan Burnett.

- Surprised to see Fletcher Adams at third string. Another one of those that shouldn't be surprising considering math, but just seems too good to be third string.

- Interior linemen are scary for next year. I see james jackson and Cory Thomas as the only players in the three deep who will be back next year? And James Jackson is in the three deep as a 3a/3b situation?

- Surprised to see Kobe Jones and Spencer as 2a/2b. Pretty crazy to think Fletcher Adams and Marquiss Spencer could be our 3rd string DEs. Pretty sure they would have been better than our starters one year under Mullen when we had no pass rush (maybe 2012? one of the years Kaleb Eulls had to play DE after he had grown into a DT size)

- Not a lot of bodies in the LB two deep. I guess if we run a 4-2-5, that won't be too big a deal.

- Is Tyler Williams in the two deep at CB as a RS FR because he's good? Or is that just by default? Don't remember anything about him.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Our backup Center is a 5’10” 320 lb walkon....thanks Hev... before you say he’s listed at 6’0”... he’s closer to 5’9”

msu15
08-27-2018, 02:42 PM
A few notable things to me:

- Surprised to see Mixon third behind Austin Williams and Deddrick. Knew there was a log jam in the slot and knew austin Williams was getting a lot of praise, so I shouldn't be surprised, but still surprising to see someone we relied on so much starting out at third string.

- Surprised to see Malik at the Z. Again, maybe I shouldn't be considering the log jam at the slot. I think that's a pretty good indication he has not come back from his injury. If he had reached his potential here, I don't think there'd be a way we could afford for him to not be on the field.

- Good to see O Mitchell claiming a starting spot, even if it's a 1a/1b situation with Jesse Jackson.

- Whop is maybe going to RS? I didn't think this was likely considering the way people talked about him and how we were at WR last year. Hopefully that's a sign of older playhers responding to better coaching.

- OL Depth is a lot scary for Center and a little scary for guard and OT.

- Still makes me wooly to see Hill listed as 1A/1B with Williams. We know what Williams brings and it looked like Hill had the potential to be better. Good to see Hill doing enough to be viewed as equally valuable as Williams.

- Surprised Mayden is listed as "or" for third string qb with Logan Burnett.

- Surprised to see Fletcher Adams at third string. Another one of those that shouldn't be surprising considering math, but just seems too good to be third string.

- Interior linemen are scary for next year. I see james jackson and Cory Thomas as the only players in the three deep who will be back next year? And James Jackson is in the three deep as a 3a/3b situation?

- Surprised to see Kobe Jones and Spencer as 2a/2b. Pretty crazy to think Fletcher Adams and Marquiss Spencer could be our 3rd string DEs. Pretty sure they would have been better than our starters one year under Mullen when we had no pass rush (maybe 2012? one of the years Kaleb Eulls had to play DE after he had grown into a DT size)

- Not a lot of bodies in the LB two deep. I guess if we run a 4-2-5, that won't be too big a deal.

- Is Tyler Williams in the two deep at CB as a RS FR because he's good? Or is that just by default? Don't remember anything about him.

Cory Thomas is a senior

Ari Gold
08-27-2018, 03:54 PM

I wouldnt say deep shit. Kilby- Lane not listed on there that?s a very solid player .
Some talented freshman may have to get ready sooner than later if a big injury bug hits there

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Our backup Center is a 5’10” 320 lb walkon....thanks Hev... before you say he’s listed at 6’0”... he’s closer to 5’9”

Not really.

Pretty sure, we'd move about 3 other dudes to center before he'd actually play

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2018, 04:42 PM
Not really.

Pretty sure, we'd move about 3 other dudes to center before he'd actually play

Deion Calhoun & Darryl Williams have both played center in the spring & fall camp.

Johnson85
08-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Cory Thomas is a senior

Well shit. Not sure why I thought he had two years left. Although I guess the point is still the same since Lee Autry is listed as a senior when he's actually a Jr.

bostondawg
08-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Maybe it's just me, but this feels like the first time in a long time (5-10 years?) that I feel like the depth chart is exactly how I would have wanted it. Obviously the fans don't know as much as the coaching staff, and we understand that, but I gotta think that under Mullen Chris Rayford starts at corner.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-27-2018, 07:14 PM
The biggest clusterf**k is at receiver. It's a jumbled mess, which was created under Mullen. As the season wears on, I think it will work itself out and get more defined. Hopefully some players start to separate themselves from the pack.

Dear at Z is kinda interesting.

I don't worry about RB #1. The bottom line is that if we want to win, both Aeris and Hill will get their touches.

Two things about the O-Line: (1) they are badass and (2) better stay healthy.

There is plenty of room on the depth chart for defensive tackles who want to play in 2019.

Our depth at defensive end is almost embarrassing.

I didn't expect much out of Tre Brown or Braxton Hoyette last year. So I was pleasantly surprised with their progress. They are both good players.

My eyes will be on receivers Guidry, Jason, and Austin Williams. Can either Mitchell or Couch give us a big body that can play?

If I was a running back, I wouldn't want to meet Errol Thompson in the hole on 4th and 1.

Dammit Jamal Peters, I'm looking at you. We need you to have a big year. Go out on top.

Coach34
08-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Our coaches view Kylin Hill as our Saquon Barkley. The job is his. Aeris will play some because he is a solid SEC player that does everything well. But Hill is going to become the star of this team in 2018.

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 08:07 PM

Mike Webster was a generous 6'1" and 265. I'd be willing to bet he could start for us since he's in the HOF. **

somebodyshotmypaw
08-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Mike Webster was a generous 6'1" and 265. I'd be willing to bet he could start for us since he's in the HOF. **

He's dead, so he would probably play a little stiff.