PDA

View Full Version : Fitz Out This Week

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Had a violation of team rules in March.

IMO, this won't obviously matter this weekend, but it's a blow because:

- It hurts his Heisman chances due to accumulation of stats

- Means that @ K-State will be his first start action in Moorhead's offense.

Not good

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:12 PM
Corey Thomas is also suspended this week

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Fitz has been taking first team snaps all Fall till this week. If KT plays well & Fitz struggles early at K-State, what happens?

Also, I think, due to this, we likely see Mayden this weekend.

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 12:14 PM
I think it potentially hurts early perception because if we score a ton on Stephen F Austin we would probably make some early noise. Now we'll see what Key can do. The reps he will get are valuable.

Selfish on Fitz's part- whatever he did I'm pretty sure he knew better.

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Fitz has been taking first team snaps all Fall till this week. If KT plays well & Fitz struggles early at K-State, what happens?

Also, I think, due to this, we likely see Mayden this weekend.

You play the best guy. I think that will be Fitz by the way.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:15 PM
I think it potentially hurts early perception because if we score a ton on Stephen F Austin we would probably make some early noise. Now we'll see what Key can do. The reps he will get are valuable.

Selfish on Fitz's part- whatever he did I'm pretty sure he knew better.

I have no concern about scoring points vs SFA.

I've personally given my opinion that I believe that KT is as good if not better than Fitz. So, I still expect to score in the same way as if Fitz was the QB.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:16 PM
You play the best guy. I think that will be Fitz by the way.

We'll see. The truth is that, regardless of who you think is better, with KT QBing the entire Spring & now the 1st game, he has a lot more game action in Moorhead's offense than Fitz.

BulldogDX55
08-27-2018, 12:16 PM
Clearly this happened due to his refusal to get the mohawk.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 12:17 PM

If it's tight at half I'd expect Key gets a series or two in the 2nd and if he drives us and scores he'll probably finish out the game. Fitz has opened the door of opportunity for Key it appears.

bostondawg
08-27-2018, 12:17 PM
This isn't good. Need game reps.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:18 PM
If it's tight at half I'd expect Key gets a series or two in the 2nd and if he drives us and scores he'll probably finish out the game. Fitz has opened the door of opportunity for Key it appears.

Agree. Fitz getting hurt & breaking team rules has certainly opened up a door if KT plays well

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 12:20 PM

I've personally given my opinion that I believe that KT is as good if not better than Fitz. So, I still expect to score in the same way as if Fitz was the QB.

As far as ceiling- I agree. But based on the Gator Bowl and spring game I think Fitz is more advanced than KT at this point. Unless KT has made a lot of strides this fall I would go with Fitz.

stalkingpoon
08-27-2018, 12:20 PM

- It hurts his Heisman chances due accumulation of stats

Not good

What in the 17 could he have done to make Moorhead sit your starting QB the first damn game of the season?

Quaoarsking
08-27-2018, 12:22 PM
That's pretty shocking and not what I would expect from a 5th year senior QB.

If Keytaon shines against SFA, start him at Kansas State and go from there.

ShotgunDawg
FWIW, Moorhead also said Fitz was voted a team captain AFTER this happened & has responded the right way.

That's good to hear.

I'm also curious if Moorhead may be throwing KT a bone here for QBing the team all through the Spring?

Todd4State
We'll see. The truth is that, regardless of who you think is better, with KT QBing the entire Spring & now the 1st game, he has a lot more game action in Moorhead's offense than Fitz.

But the spring is only what? Two weeks worth of practices? Yes he has more but not that much more.

stalkingpoon
Apparently this has been known with the team since March. And it hasn't leaked out to anyone? That is a miracle within itself.

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 12:23 PM
FWIW, Moorhead also said Fitz was voted a team captain AFTER this happened & has responded the right way.

That's good to hear.

I'm also curious if Moorhead may be throwing KT a bone here for QBing the team all through the Spring?

No. This is Moorhead taking control of the team early. He's showing everyone on the team that no one is above the rules.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:24 PM
Also, Tucker Day has won the starting punter job.

This is great news IMO because he has a higher ceiling than Scheekclaslfasjdf;lajd;lfj

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2018, 12:24 PM
What in the 17 could he have done to make Moorhead sit your starting QB the first damn game of the season?

It kind of sets an example though, doesn't it? This lets the whole team know JoMo ain't playing around.

TUSK
08-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Will Fitz transfer if he doesn't get the start vs KSU?***************

GreenheadDawg
08-27-2018, 12:27 PM
Won?t need him to win but I hate his first game will be against Kstate. Really makes it a much more difficult game now

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 12:27 PM
This is bizarre to me. Why would you wait until game week to make this announcement? Surely Fitz/Key knew this was coming

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 12:28 PM
This is bizarre to me. Why would you wait until game week to make this announcement? Surely Fitz/Key knew this was coming

Because then it's a topic the entire offseason. Why would we want that as a program?

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Also rumor is he failed a drug test. Stress on the word RUMOR.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Because then it's a topic the entire offseason. Why would we want that as a program?

True. Just weird that it didn't leak which makes it feel like it wasn't decided by the coaches about what to do until this past Friday.

Quaoarsking
08-27-2018, 12:33 PM

If true, he's a selfish prick and stories about his newfound maturity were all BS.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 12:33 PM
If true, he's a selfish prick and stories about his newfound maturity were all BS.

Way to take it too far

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:36 PM
True. Just weird that it didn't leak which makes it feel like it wasn't decided by the coaches about what to do until this past Friday.

Moorhead said it was decided in the March.

Fitz has been named a team captain & chosen for SEC media days since

fader2103
08-27-2018, 12:36 PM

Rep Given

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Moorhead said it was decided in the March.

Fitz has been named a team captain & chosen for SEC media days since

Good deal. Should have just watched the press conference instead of getting it secondary.

fishwater99
08-27-2018, 12:42 PM

So you really think KT is better than Fitz. Seriously??

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jpRNXED.jpg

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:44 PM

I think he could be. I think they are comparable runners & KT throws a significantly more catchable ball with greater touch.

That being said, I'm not sure what adjustments Fitz has made under the new staff. For all I know, they new staff has figured somethings out with him & he's far better than KT now.

smootness
08-27-2018, 12:44 PM

That's good to hear.

He suspended Fitzgerald in order to reward KT?

KOdawg1
08-27-2018, 12:45 PM

I don't believe KT is better than Fitz right now, but I think he will be

msstate7
08-27-2018, 12:46 PM
Key is gonna be great this week... could just be the competition level or not, but he will be great. When fitz takes the reigns next week, I wouldn't advise he start slow.

TrapGame
08-27-2018, 12:46 PM
I think it actually might help Fitz. He's not concentrating on SFA. He's probably been looking at KSU film already knowing that was his start. He'll make better reads against KSU defenses b/c of this. Just my opinion.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2018, 12:47 PM
It's Fitz team this year. There is nor will there be a QB controversy. The coaches, players, trainers, & mascot knows it's Fitz team.

fishwater99
I think he could be. I think they are comparable runners & KT throws a significantly more catchable ball with greater touch.

That being said, I'm not sure what adjustments Fitz has made under the new staff. For all I know, they new staff has figured somethings out with him & he's far better than KT now.

WOW...

Question for you, if KT is so great why didn't we win the Egg Bowl last year?

dawgs

What if he was smoking some weed to manage the pain in his ankle instead of popping opioid painkillers?

dawgs
08-27-2018, 12:49 PM
WOW...

That's a dumbass rhetorical question. KT hadn't been practicing as the starter and was thrown into the fire in the middle of the game after watching the starter's leg get turned around backwards. He took some time to settle in and then played very well in the 2nd half and we still almost won the game. If he had been able to prepare with the 1s all week, he probably wouldn't look pretty close to how he looked against Louisville.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 12:49 PM
What if he was smoking some weed to manage the pain in his ankle instead of popping opioid painkillers?

Let's not start the what ifs...

He got caught doing whatever it was. Got suspended. Still got voted captain. Let's whip SFA's ass and move on.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 12:50 PM
WOW...

Because it was his first real action & Mullen didn't call the right plays from him till the 2nd half.

If Fitz is so good, how come we didn't beat South Alabama?

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Because it was his first real action & Mullen didn't call the right plays from him till the 2nd half.

Because Mullen wore shorts

BeardoMSU
08-27-2018, 12:51 PM
It's Fitz team this year. There is nor will there be a QB controversy. The coaches, players, trainers, & mascot knows it's Fitz team.

Thank you.

You other guys need to take a step off the edge.

BeardoMSU

You are in rare form today, bruh...

Cowbell
It only takes a few minutes of reading his twitter feed to realize that Nick isn't exactly a polished gentleman. I love watching him lead our team on the field and am thankful to have such a tough gutsy dude, but he is a straight up rude prick at times off the field. He has always been considered a pothead around campus,, not that I consider those things true. He is one person on the field in front of cameras and a complete other on social media.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Thank you.

http://www.yichalal.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/25.gif

BulldogDX55
08-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Thank you.

This is my take as well. The fact that this has been known, it hasn't leaked out, and the team still voted him captain tells me all I need to know in order to stay off the ledge here.

Commercecomet24
08-27-2018, 12:55 PM

This is the correct answer! Thank you!

SmokeyDawg
08-27-2018, 12:56 PM
WOW...

Dumb question but to answer, maybe because he didn't have a coach.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2018, 12:57 PM
WOW...

If he had had a few more minutes he would have, even though it was his first significant playing time for the team.

msstate7
I hope no one tells key and mayden that. I want them to approach every day with the intention of unseating fitz, and I'm a huge fitz guy.

Lord McBuckethead

That is exactly what I was thinking. LOL

Lord McBuckethead
08-27-2018, 12:59 PM
http://www.yichalal.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/25.gif

That camera guy needs a life line before shooting that.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2018, 12:59 PM

Then he was being stupid. Legally prescribed opioids don't get you suspended.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 01:04 PM
Then he was being stupid. Legally prescribed opioids don't get you suspended.

Yeah. They only get you addicted

smootness
08-27-2018, 01:06 PM
It only takes a few minutes of reading his twitter feed to realize that Nick isn't exactly a polished gentleman. I love watching him lead our team on the field and am thankful to have such a tough gutsy dude, but he is a straight up rude prick at times off the field. He has always been considered a pothead around campus,, not that I consider those things true. He is one person on the field in front of cameras and a complete other on social media.

What are you talking about? I just went back 3 months and found literally nothing.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2018, 01:08 PM

But they don't get you suspended for failing a drug test if you are under a physician's care. I ain't here to argue over weed, that horse gets beaten to death regularly enough here.

fishwater99
08-27-2018, 01:09 PM

^^ This

Why is he 2nd string QB always "supposed" to be so much better than the 1st string?

KT is good and will be great for us and the future of our program, but this is Fitz's team this year.
You will have to wait guys, but hey you get this weekend to bask in the future MSU QB..

Lance Harbor
08-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Sorry for Partying

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 01:10 PM
But they don't get you suspended for failing a drug test if you are under a physician's care. I ain't here to argue over weed, that horse gets beaten to death regularly enough here.

But here we are assuming that whatever it was (if that's what the suspension is actually for) was for pain.. So, like I said, what ifs never work.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 01:11 PM
We have the worst fans:

John Bond - used to leave games in Jackson in a Corvette and a cooler of beer to go party in Athens = Legend

Boobie Dixon - DUI and suspended for Mullen's first game = Legend

Fitz does something = "selfish prick we want KT! Dak would have never!!"***

*** (ignoring Dak's fight, DUI, and currently circulating dick pic)

LC Dawg
08-27-2018, 01:12 PM
It's never a good look for a leader to get in trouble for breaking rules. That being said, I don't think this is a huge deal but Fitz needs to be careful the remainder of this year. He doesn't need to get in more trouble, even something somewhat insignificant, and make the story about him getting in trouble instead of how he is leading a ranked team to a great year.

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 01:13 PM
We have the worst fans:

John Bond - used to leave games in Jackson in a Corvette and a cooler of beer to go party in Athens = Legend

Boobie Dixon - failed drug test and suspended for Mullen's first game = Legend

Fitz does something = "selfish prick we want KT"
Boobie had a DUI if I remember correctly

Duckdog
08-27-2018, 01:14 PM
What are you talking about? I just went back 3 months and found literally nothing.

exactly, why do msu fans do this crap????? Cowbell you literally made that crap up.

Ifyouonlyknew
I hope no one tells key and mayden that. I want them to approach every day with the intention of unseating fitz, and I'm a huge fitz guy.

Of course they should work like that but everybody & they mama know this is Fitz team.

Liverpooldawg
But here we are assuming that whatever it was (if that's what the suspension is actually for) was for pain.. So, like I said, what ifs never work.

I wasn't speculating that, the poster I was responding too did. I seriously doubt if that was what it was he was doing it for pain 4 months later. We don't even know if that is what it was. That is a rumor, just like every other time this happens.

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 01:16 PM
Boobie had a DUI if I remember correctly

Corrected

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 01:16 PM
exactly, why do msu fans do this crap????? Cowbell you literally made that crap up.

Fitz has some interesting likes on twitter, but he never actually tweets anything that controversial.. and likes don't mean endorsements.. could just be that he finds something amusing or is saving it for later.. idk.. who cares?

mstatefan91
08-27-2018, 01:18 PM
I wasn't speculating that, the poster I was responding too did. I seriously doubt if that was what it was he was doing it for pain 4 months later. We don't even know if that is what it was. That is a rumor, just like every other time this happens.

It will come out somehow someway now that journalists know he has been suspended..

basedog
08-27-2018, 01:27 PM

So glad you post on ED!

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 01:27 PM
You are in rare form today, bruh...

Was just making a point of how stupid his question was

dawgoneyall
08-27-2018, 01:30 PM

Not good

We can't ever have nice things.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-27-2018, 01:33 PM
Apparently this has been known with the team since March. And it hasn't leaked out to anyone? That is a miracle within itself.
I've had somebody telling me since the beginning of the summer he'd be suspended for the first game. So it's leaked out in some capacity

shannondawg
08-27-2018, 01:38 PM
I'm going with declining to pay the debt on the Mohawk<

I gave the poster a rep already!

Cowbell
08-27-2018, 01:51 PM

https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/status/1029423376257961984

https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/status/1025157742481342464

CadaverDawg
08-27-2018, 01:52 PM
I heard he was suspended so it would give other Heisman contenders a fair shot at beating him.*

The only reason I hate it is because I'd like him to have a warm up game before KState...especially since the last live play was when his ankle snapped. Other than that, this is no big deal and the MSU faithful sure as hell shouldn't be the ones leading the charge in trying to make it a big deal.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 01:58 PM

Why are you stalking a college kid on social media? You doing homework for Fatt Luke?

smootness
08-27-2018, 02:00 PM
https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/status/1029423376257961984

https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/status/1025157742481342464

Ho. ly. Crap.

The first one is a State student who proclaimed in that tweet he responded to that Fitz would win the Heisman. Almost certainly just having some fun with him.

The second one is a response to Alec Murphy, a teammate. Again, just having some fun with him after Murphy had some fun at his expense.

You just found some flat land, tossed some dirt on top, and called it a mountain.

Cooterpoot
08-27-2018, 02:02 PM

KT is nowhere close to Fitz. Sorry, he's not.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 02:14 PM
KT throws a significantly more catchable ball with greater touch.

Lol Tyson Lee threw a more catchable ball with greater touch than John Elway too. 75 mph fastballs are easier to catch than 95 mph ones for receivers and defensive backs. Idk what you were watching during the 8 quarters Key got in at the end of the year but it clearly wasn't his arm talent compared to Fitz. Key is miles behind Fitz in reading progressions and making fast correct decisions in the passing game too.

StarkVegasSteve
08-27-2018, 02:17 PM
Ho. ly. Crap.

The first one is a State student who proclaimed in that tweet he responded to that Fitz would win the Heisman. Almost certainly just having some fun with him.

The second one is a response to Alec Murphy, a teammate. Again, just having some fun with him after Murphy had some fun at his expense.

You just found some flat land, tossed some dirt on top, and called it a mountain.

I know Nick very well and I can tell you his maturity level now from when he first stepped on campus is night and day. College kids all make mistakes, or at least I know I definitely did. He's remorseful and he's moved passed it. Now lets whip SFA's ass and move on to KSU

Cowbell
08-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Ho. ly. Crap.

Never made a mountain out of anything. Just said he was no polished gentleman. He seems like the kind of guy you love to lead your team but wouldn't want taking your daughter out. Never said he was a bad guy. Again, I love him leading our team on Saturdays. Also, the first tweet was from a high school kid that tweeted that his teammates say he looks like fitz and he thought it was a compliment and then said he thought Fitz was the next heismann winner. Nick could have thanked him for the complement but was instead a douche about it. Read the comments below the tweet.

Dawgology
08-27-2018, 02:23 PM
I hear we are doing it just so we can sneak up on KSU.*****

michaelww3d6
08-27-2018, 02:36 PM
We have the worst fans:

Hold on.... Time out...... 1. Dak wasn't in a fight. He was walking away to get away from those kids. Was jumped and attempted to defend himself after it started. 2. Wasn't Dak found not guilty of the DUI? 3. Who doesn't have a dick pic circulating?

Leeshouldveflanked
08-27-2018, 02:37 PM

The constipate the hell out you as well.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2018, 02:44 PM
The constipate the hell out you as well.

You learn that from Trainspotting?**

smootness
08-27-2018, 02:54 PM
Never made a mountain out of anything. Just said he was no polished gentleman. He seems like the kind of guy you love to lead your team but wouldn't want taking your daughter out. Never said he was a bad guy. Again, I love him leading our team on Saturdays. Also, the first tweet was from a high school kid that tweeted that his teammates say he looks like fitz and he thought it was a compliment and then said he thought Fitz was the next heismann winner. Nick could have thanked him for the complement but was instead a douche about it. Read the comments below the tweet.

You claimed that he is a completely different person on social media than the one he presents himself as in front of cameras...based on what? 2 innocuous tweets? Yes, you made a mountain out of it.

And I looked at the comments...there are a few from people completely overreacting like you, and one from the kid himself laughing it off.

Homedawg
08-27-2018, 02:55 PM

This^^

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 02:59 PM

Ok, why?

I gave reasons for my opinions but you give no reasons for yours.

So, break it down. Why isn't he close?

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 03:06 PM
WOW...

WOW...

Your question was equally if not more idiotic.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 03:08 PM
That's a dumbass rhetorical question. KT hadn't been practicing as the starter and was thrown into the fire in the middle of the game after watching the starter's leg get turned around backwards. He took some time to settle in and then played very well in the 2nd half and we still almost won the game. If he had been able to prepare with the 1s all week, he probably wouldn't look pretty close to how he looked against Louisville.

^^^ This is correct.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 03:19 PM
We have the worst fans:

Boobie is a legend? A fan favorite, sure... but not so sure he's a legend. And neither is Fitz, yet... hopefully. And only one poster stated that Fitz was selfish, but if he can't stay off the weed with your biggest season upcoming, you're either dumb or immature. Either way, I hope this isn't an omen of our "great season".

Homedawg
08-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Ok, why?

At this point runnin jm offense Fitz is way ahead. Way ahead in post snap read progressions.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 03:21 PM
At this point runnin jm offense Fitz is way ahead. Way ahead in post snap read progressions.

Have you been at practice?

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 03:24 PM
Hold on.... Time out...... 1. Dak wasn't in a fight. He was walking away to get away from those kids. Was jumped and attempted to defend himself after it started. 2. Wasn't Dak found not guilty of the DUI? 3. Who doesn't have a dick pic circulating?

Good to see you got my point. When Dak got jumped, there were all sorts of rumors floating. When Dak got his DUI a very vocal member of this board PM'd me that there was way more to the story, there were all sorts of terrible things about Dak that were going to surface - then the charges were dropped. As for the dick pic - I don't really care. The reality is these things happen. Why we think that is shows some sort of lack of leadership ability, or some scarlet letter Fitz has to hang around his neck is beyond me. Show me anyone in leadership of any kind that hasn't f'd up in some way at some point in time.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 03:31 PM
I think everyone will feel better about the Fitz situation if you listen to Moorhead announce it & the length he goes to praise Fitz since then. Starts at about 4:30

https://youtu.be/Iu7rrQxiR1E

BrunswickDawg
08-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Boobie is a legend? A fan favorite, sure... but not so sure he's a legend. And neither is Fitz, yet... hopefully. And only one poster stated that Fitz was selfish, but if he can't stay off the weed with your biggest season upcoming, you're either dumb or immature. Either way, I hope this isn't an omen of our "great season".

You know Fitz was popped for weed? I don't. Don't see you jumping to the same conclusion with Corey Thomas. Is he dumb or immature?
Fact is we don't know - no one does. It's a violation of team rules.

Also good to know that the all-time leading rusher in school history isn't a legend. What would Boobie have to do to reach that level? He has been a legend in my book since the '07 Arkansas game - which he about won for State single-handedly -running for 179, and catching 2 TDs.

solodawg
08-27-2018, 03:37 PM

He skipped a mandatory practice!!

RocketDawg
08-27-2018, 03:43 PM
relentlessGirl doesn't look like a girl.

TrapGame
08-27-2018, 04:07 PM
He skipped a mandatory practice!!

For real?

Pit Bull
08-27-2018, 04:27 PM

Not good

Yeah....decided to take a little afternoon nap thinking everything was all rosie and settled, then I wake up to this. Reminded me of when I traveled to Newport Beach, Oregon years ago for the MSU vs Oregon tilt only to be welcomed by the hotel front desk clerk telling me about our starting QB (Kevin Fant) didn't make the trip due to letting someone buy a set of tires for his car. Imagine that.....a 5 hr flight and in a middle of nowhere hotel clerk thousands of miles away knows more about MSU football news than its own fans. Soon as those words came from his mouth.....we all knew the game was over.....before we even checked into our hotel. And boy was it!! Of course....that was Oregon, not SFA.....obviously big difference! Oh well....btw.....SFA got a U.of Texas QB transfer whom Coach Herman did not want to see transfer.....was told he was a legit dual with 4.5 speed and very strong accurate arm. Like a lot of QBs...just wanted more PT than he was getting. SFA is keeping it kind of quiet though. And he will be playing pitch and catch with a 6'5" WR transfer from TAMU. So, they have 2 definitely above average QBs.....we should be ok, but makes you wonder what other D1 transfers they have that could be dangerous. I'm sure JoMo has done his homework on them, but I do get a little nervous when they will be slinging the ball all over the place against our secondary. South Alabama did the same thing a few years ago, if anyone remembers. Also, kind of interesting that there interim coach is from Southaven and is a USM grad. Not that any of this matters (I hope not)….because we should be better than them at all positions. Lets go Keyteon!!!!

fishwater99
08-27-2018, 04:33 PM
Coach Joe said Fitz will start vs KSU, so you KT fans only get one game at this point...

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 04:33 PM
Yeah....decided to take a little afternoon nap thinking everything was all rosie and settled, then I wake up to this. Reminded me of when I traveled to Newport Beach, Oregon years ago for the MSU vs Oregon tilt only to be welcomed by the hotel front desk clerk telling me about our starting QB (Kevin Fant) didn't make the trip due to letting someone buy a set of tires for his car. Imagine that.....a 5 hr flight and in a middle of nowhere hotel clerk thousands of miles away knows more about MSU football news than its own fans. Soon as those words came from his mouth.....we all knew the game was over.....before we even checked into our hotel. And boy was it!! Of course....that was Oregon, not SFA.....obviously big difference! Oh well....btw.....SFA got a U.of Texas QB transfer whom Coach Herman did not want to see transfer.....was told he was a legit dual with 4.5 speed and very strong accurate arm. Like a lot of QBs...just wanted more PT than he was getting. SFA is keeping it kind of quiet though. And he will be playing pitch and catch with a 6'5" WR transfer from TAMU. So, they have 2 definitely above average QBs.....we should be ok, but makes you wonder what other D1 transfers they have that could be dangerous. I'm sure JoMo has done his homework on them, but I do get a little nervous when they will be slinging the ball all over the place against our secondary. South Alabama did the same thing a few years ago, if anyone remembers.

Go back to sleep

Ifyouonlyknew
08-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Yeah....decided to take a little afternoon nap thinking everything was all rosie and settled, then I wake up to this. Reminded me of when I traveled to Newport Beach, Oregon years ago for the MSU vs Oregon tilt only to be welcomed by the hotel front desk clerk telling me about our starting QB (Kevin Fant) didn't make the trip due to letting someone buy a set of tires for his car. Imagine that.....a 5 hr flight and in a middle of nowhere hotel clerk thousands of miles away knows more about MSU football news than its own fans. Soon as those words came from his mouth.....we all knew the game was over.....before we even checked into our hotel. And boy was it!! Of course....that was Oregon, not SFA.....obviously big difference! Oh well....btw.....SFA got a U.of Texas QB transfer whom Coach Herman did not want to see transfer.....was told he was a legit dual with 4.5 speed and very strong accurate arm. Like a lot of QBs...just wanted more PT than he was getting. SFA is keeping it kind of quiet though. And he will be playing pitch and catch with a 6'5" WR transfer from TAMU. So, they have 2 definitely above average QBs.....we should be ok, but makes you wonder what other D1 transfers they have that could be dangerous. I'm sure JoMo has done his homework on them, but I do get a little nervous when they will be slinging the ball all over the place against our secondary. South Alabama did the same thing a few years ago, if anyone remembers. Also, kind of interesting that there interim coach is from Southaven and is a USM grad. Not that any of this matters (I hope not)….because we should be better than them at all positions. Lets go Keyteon!!!!

No just no

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 04:46 PM
SFA is an FCS team that went 4-7 last year and just fired their coach like yesterday. I will not waste one second of doubt/worry on that squad.

Pit Bull
08-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Go back to sleep

Suck on this you 17 pu$$ie!!!

Pit Bull
08-27-2018, 04:51 PM
No just no

Yes, just maybe, or maybe yes, or maybe not, or, oh well.....maybe.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2018, 04:54 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/b9KgjM7gUzwCA/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Suck on this you 17 pu$$ie!!!

Haha. I love it.

This response was way better than your post

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 05:06 PM
https://pics.ballmemes.com/youre-right-lifes-a-bitch-but-sometimes-you-have-to-6161030.png

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 07:56 PM

Talk about stupid. Does KT have more upside than Joe Montana did? To hear you tell it he does.

KT doesn't have more upside than Fitz at all. Fitz is every bit and then some as talented as KT. He does have to learn some touch and work on all the throws. But so did Dak at this stage of his career. We will find out this year.

However, KT may become better because QB play is mostly vision and between the ears. That is yet to be determined.

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 09:31 PM
Talk about stupid. Does KT have more upside than Joe Montana did? To hear you tell it he does.

KT doesn't have more upside than Fitz at all. Fitz is every bit and then some as talented as KT. He does have to learn some touch and work on all the throws. But so did Dak at this stage of his career. We will find out this year.

However, KT may become better because QB play is mostly vision and between the ears. That is yet to be determined.

Fitz is the most talented QB to ever put on a Mississippi State jersey

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 09:34 PM
Ok, why?

Hes not as big, or as fast, and he doesnt have the arm strength Fitz does. Nor the experience.

KT is good and will be fine if he needs to play. I personally think they were both going to play anyway. KT may end up being better than Fitz before its over. But it wont be because he is more talented.

Fitz is the most talented QB MSU has ever had. Dak said it himself.

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Fitz is the most talented QB to ever put on a Mississippi State jersey

There's no doubt in my mind. That's one of the fastest white boys I've seen. Plus, he can zing it. He has to improve some mechanics in his passing, but his arm talent is there. If he'll have Dak's work ethic, he'll be alright. We'll see.

skadoosh14
08-27-2018, 09:43 PM
Christ, I guess I'm the only one disturbed by this. @BallCoachJoeMo you're here to win f*ucking football games; not play morality police. Fitz hasn't played a down since his ankle went backwards. I wouldn't give a sh*t if he got caught selling crack to the pope, he needs this game to get ready for the season. I hung out with Fitz my senior year at State, and sure, he's far from straight-laced, but he gives us the best chance to win. Of course we won't lose this game with KT at the helm, but without Fitz being able to use SFA as a walk through our advantage over KState drops. We aren't Thug-U. So what if Fitz does dumb shit. It happened in March and we're just hearing about it 5 months later. I just can't comprehend what's going through his head.

dawgday166
08-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Hes not as big, or as fast, and he doesnt have the arm strength Fitz does. Nor the experience.

KT is good and will be fine if he needs to play. I personally think they were both going to play anyway. KT may end up being better than Fitz before its over. But it wont be because he is more talented.

This post is dead on the money.

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Christ, I guess I'm the only one disturbed by this. @BallCoachJoeMo you're here to win f*ucking football games; not play morality police. Fitz hasn't played a down since his ankle went backwards. I wouldn't give a sh*t if he got caught selling crack to the pope, he needs this game to get ready for the season. I hung out with Fitz my senior year at State, and sure, he's far from straight-laced, but he gives us the best chance to win. Of course we won't lose this game with KT at the helm, but without Fitz being able to use SFA as a walk through our advantage over KState drops. We aren't Thug-U. So what if Fitz does dumb shit. It happened in March and we're just hearing about it 5 months later. I just can't comprehend what's going through his head.

You're a dumbass. SkaDouche

skadoosh14
08-27-2018, 09:56 PM
You're a dumbass. SkaDouche

Cute ad hominem, sweetheart.

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 10:05 PM
Cute ad hominem, sweetheart.

Thaannnkkss. Still a dumbass tho

sandwolf
08-28-2018, 12:54 AM
He suspended Fitzgerald in order to reward KT?

Hahaha, I re-read that line 3 times thinking that I had to have misunderstood what he was saying.

sandwolf
08-28-2018, 01:20 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/b9KgjM7gUzwCA/giphy.gif

LOL, this was perfect.

fishwater99
08-28-2018, 10:22 AM

ShotgunDawg is mysteriously disapearing from this thread.

He's like a great illusionist.

TrapGame
08-28-2018, 10:39 AM

He's like a great illusionist.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jUwpNzg9IcyrK/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
08-28-2018, 10:50 AM

He's like a great Illuminati

FIFY**

https://media.giphy.com/media/13B0y9Rgtkn66c/source.gif