PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts On This Week's Games.....

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 08:17 AM
THANK GOODNESS IT's FINALLY GAME WEEK!

Here are my thoughts on this week's biggest games:

Ole Miss vs Texas Tech - I think is going to be a fun game. I don't really have any clue who will win, but one thing to keep in mind: Texas Tech faces Ole Miss style offenses & WRs most every week in the Big 12. I think Ole Miss is more talented but this game is in the state of Texas where Tech will have a crowd advantage & Tech is used to playing teams like Ole Miss, which will potentially force Ole Miss to be sharper passing the ball that what you may think.

Tennessee vs West Virginia in Charlotte - Close for a half & then Tennessee gets blown out. I just don't see Pruitt working out there and that becomes evident early.

Michigan @ Notre Dame - Tough one. I want to take Notre Dame because I just don't buy Michigan, but I think Patterson is a significant upgrade at QB for the Michigan & that shows in this game.

Alabama vs Louisville - Really? Why is Bama playing this game?

LSU vs Miami - I'm taking Miami in a barn burner. I think LSU will be a little better than we think & Miami a little worse

Florida State vs VT - I'm not a fan of week one conference games. I don't think they are fair due to what is at stake in those. Have no clue who will win this.

Washington vs Auburn - Auburn will out physical them & win by multiple scores. I'd personally like to see Auburn look like crap & still win.

SFA vs Mississippi State - How many times will SFA cross midfield? over/under 2.5

Rick Danko
08-27-2018, 08:23 AM
OM wins going away. Texas tech is not a good football team at all. OM may score 80 on them

UM ND, no friggin clue. I?ll sling one out and say ND in a close one. Harbaughs seat starts to warm up a little

Bama in a landslide

LSU?s qb woes haunt them in this game. Their d keeps them in for a while but Miami pulls away late

Fuente over Taggart. VT by 10

Auburn wins BIG and vaults into everyone?s early season contenders for playoff

State up 30 at half and watch bench for second half

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 08:25 AM
I just don't know on the Ole Miss/Tech game.

Ole Miss is surely more talented, but it bears watching that Tech is used to stopping offenses like Ole Miss' & Ole Miss' defense stinks.

I see a close game. FWIW, Tech is -2 in Vegas, so apparently Vegas knows something that we don't

civildawg
08-27-2018, 08:33 AM
I disagree about Auburn. Chris Peterson is one of the best coaches in college football and he's had all off season to game plan. I like the huskies in this game.

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 08:35 AM
I disagree about Auburn. Chris Peterson is one of the best coaches in college football and he's had all off season to game plan. I like the huskies in this game.

Good point. It could be a very low scoring game. With Auburn replacing so many guys on the OL & Auburn's DL being elite, neither team may be able to move the ball with consistency.

BTW, it feels like Auburn's OL issues haven't been talked about or discussed this off season

TrapGame
08-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Texas Tech's defense is bad for a Big 12 defense. Think about that. I think 5-0 looks All SEC and AJ makes some hella freakish catches. The 5-0 for Heisman talk, at least in Oxford, starts with this game.

I think Miami embarrasses LSU. Just a gut feeling. I think O looks like he's way in over his head in this game.

Auburn beats the shit outta Washington.

StarkVegasSteve
08-27-2018, 08:40 AM
OM/TTU- This is gonna be a first to 50 type game. But Texas Tech is always been a first half of the season type team and Kingsbury is fighting for his job this year so I think Tech wins a 50-47 type game.

Tennessee/WVU- I don't see this one being close at all. Tennessee is bad everywhere and WVU has one of the best QB-WR tandems in the country in Grier and Sills. Holgorsen will hang as many as he wants to on Pruitt.

Michigan/ND- I think ND gets it done in this one. I think Patterson will be much improved now that he'll be getting actual coaching week to week, but I think ND and Touchdown Jesus find a way to pull this one out.

Bama/L'Ville- BAMA big

LSU/Miami- I'm probably in the minority here, but I think LSU wins this one pretty comfortably. I just don't believe Miami will be able to handle LSU's front seven and they'll force a few INTs.

FSU/Va Tech- I know next to nothing about either of these teams, but I like Justin Fuente a lot more than Willie Taggert so I'll go with Va Tech

UW/Auburn- Chris Peterson's teams always play well in these big time opening weekend matchups and Jake Browning is a hell of a QB, saying that I don't believe Washington will be able to handle Auburn up front and I think Auburn pulls away late.

SFA/MSU- RUN IT UP, LEAVE NO DOUBT

Jack Lambert
08-27-2018, 08:41 AM
OM wins going away. Texas tech is not a good football team at all. OM may score 80 on them

UM ND, no friggin clue. I?ll sling one out and say ND in a close one. Harbaughs seat starts to warm up a little

Bama in a landslide

LSU?s qb woes haunt them in this game. Their d keeps them in for a while but Miami pulls away late

Fuente over Taggart. VT by 10

Auburn wins BIG and vaults into everyone?s early season contenders for playoff

State up 30 at half and watch bench for second half

Vegas has Tech giving up -2. I think it's going to be a close one. I kind of wonder what Vegas knows.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-27-2018, 08:42 AM
BTW, it feels like Auburn's OL issues haven't been talked about or discussed this off season

Auburn fans feel really confident in their new OL coach, they've also recruited well there

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 08:43 AM
Vegas has Tech giving up -2. I think it's going to be a close one.

It's a weird line considering how much more talent Ole Miss has.

Vegas knows something that we don't

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2018, 08:44 AM
Auburn fans feel really confident in their new OL coach, they've also recruited well there

Auburn fans usually feel confident about every thing. I wouldn't put any stock in that.

That being said, even if true, with 4 new guys on the OL, I'd think it may take them a few weeks to get going.

thf24
08-27-2018, 08:52 AM
I think OM/TTU will be close mainly because I don't believe Ta'amu is very good. I may end up eating crow on that one, but he had the surprise factor on his side when he entered last year, didn't play many decent defenses, and still looked bad at times when his WR's weren't doing the work for him.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2018, 08:54 AM
I don't tail gate so I won't leave my house until 2:30 or so. That means I get to watch the Ole Miss.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2018, 08:56 AM
It's a weird line considering how much more talent Ole Miss has.

Vegas knows something that we don't

Agree. I want to agree with Rick.

Cooterpoot
08-27-2018, 09:03 AM
OM
Bama
WV
Mich
Miami
VT
Wash
6 times

TNDawg35
08-27-2018, 09:03 AM
Here is my take...

- NM has a good game and beats Tech handily. Then the they are better and will beat Bama talk really starts until they get embarrassed by decent teams. Tech sucks...

- ND over Michigan. I got a soft spot for the golden domers.

- Bama WAY over the Ville

- Miami beats LSU handily. I don't think LSU is good. I think the transfer QB sat on the bench at OSU for a reason and they don't have the stud RB to bail them out this yr.

- SFA has negative rushing yards and 75 passing. Fitz plays the 1st half and then Key and Mayden get mop up duty. I'm calling the over on 5 sacks...

msstate7
08-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Texas Tech's defense is bad for a Big 12 defense. Think about that. I think 5-0 looks All SEC and AJ makes some hella freakish catches. The 5-0 for Heisman talk, at least in Oxford, starts with this game.

I think Miami embarrasses LSU. Just a gut feeling. I think O looks like he's way in over his head in this game.

Auburn beats the shit outta Washington.

Not that TT is a good defense, but they were 5th in big 12 in yards per play. They were 8th in scoring defense, but they led the big12 in forced turnovers so they take chances.

Lord McBuckethead
08-27-2018, 10:28 AM
UM TT - Texas Tech Wins. Look for a 35 - 45 game here.
Tennessee Vs. West Virginia : West Virginia wins by 14 points.
Michigan @ ND : Michigan wins by 4.
Alabama Louisville : Bama sleeps walks and wins by 17 easily, if not 35.
LSU vs Miami : Miami wins but not by that much. Look for a 7 point difference. maybe 14-21. LSU D will keep it close, but the QB thing will screw them.
FSU vs VT: Going FSU, don't know why but I feel they have more talent.
Washington Auburn : Going Auburn. So much for Washington being a playoff team. They are good, but only because of who they typically play.
SFA vs. MSU : I say SFA crosses midfield 4 times and scores once in the first half. We have 2nd string in by the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half.

CarolinaDawgs
08-27-2018, 10:31 AM
VT has a slew of injuries on the Defensive side of the ball. Their secondary is a bunch of youngins and best returning starter only has 10-15 snaps due to the ACL tear last season. I will be surprised if they win this one. I really like the over in this game.

TrapGame
08-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Not that TT is a good defense, but they were 5th in big 12 in yards per play. They were 8th in scoring defense, but they led the big12 in forced turnovers so they take chances.

I was mostly going by what Lugenbill said to Bo this morning. He thought TT had a bad defense even for the B12. He didn't think they could stop Lodge, Metcalf, Brown or QB runs with 5-0.

Bothrops
08-27-2018, 10:47 AM
I can't see Tech beating an offense with Ta'mu, Lodge, Metcalf, and Brown on it.

Bama will break Lou

LSU defense will shock Miami

Auburn could lose

ND and Mich..who cares

BuckyIsAB****
08-27-2018, 09:49 PM
OM
WV
Bama
LSU
Auburn
FSU
Dawgs by 30

TUSK
08-27-2018, 10:04 PM
THANK GOODNESS IT's FINALLY GAME WEEK!

Here are my thoughts on this week's biggest games:

Ole Miss vs Texas Tech - I think is going to be a fun game. I don't really have any clue who will win, but one thing to keep in mind: Texas Tech faces Ole Miss style offenses & WRs most every week in the Big 12. I think Ole Miss is more talented but this game is in the state of Texas where Tech will have a crowd advantage & Tech is used to playing teams like Ole Miss, which will potentially force Ole Miss to be sharper passing the ball that what you may think.

Tennessee vs West Virginia in Charlotte - Close for a half & then Tennessee gets blown out. I just don't see Pruitt working out there and that becomes evident early.

Michigan @ Notre Dame - Tough one. I want to take Notre Dame because I just don't buy Michigan, but I think Patterson is a significant upgrade at QB for the Michigan & that shows in this game.

Alabama vs Louisville - Really? Why is Bama playing this game?

LSU vs Miami - I'm taking Miami in a barn burner. I think LSU will be a little better than we think & Miami a little worse

Florida State vs VT - I'm not a fan of week one conference games. I don't think they are fair due to what is at stake in those. Have no clue who will win this.

Washington vs Auburn - Auburn will out physical them & win by multiple scores. I'd personally like to see Auburn look like crap & still win.

SFA vs Mississippi State - How many times will SFA cross midfield? over/under 2.5

SFA was unavailable.