PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou gets SEC signature win in year two..

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 08:10 AM
We all know about A&M. We're in year 5 and we don't have one. Sigh.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2013, 08:18 AM
How is Mizzou's win against UGA any different than our win against UGA? Forget UGA's ranking, they were missing half their team. The team that UGA put on the field yesterday, was no better and maybe worse than the one we beat.

mstate68
10-13-2013, 08:21 AM
If Gurley or Marshall were healthy UGA would've rolled

Coach34
10-13-2013, 08:33 AM
They were missing WR's also...and Georgia has played a brutal schedule

Will James
10-13-2013, 08:37 AM
How is Mizzou's win against UGA any different than our win against UGA? Forget UGA's ranking, they were missing half their team. The team that UGA put on the field yesterday, was no better and maybe worse than the one we beat.

Well Aaron Murray was a freshman in one season and a senior in another. They were missing AJ Green against us as well.

That UGA team we beat ended up with a losing record. This one knocked off a dominant LSU team.

2013 UGA 45 2010 UGA 17

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Well Aaron Murray was a freshman in one season and a senior in another. They were missing AJ Green against us as well.

That UGA team we beat ended up with a losing record. This one knocked off a dominant LSU team.

2013 UGA 45 2010 UGA 17

No UGA was healthy when the knocked off LSU. The team that played yesterday wasn't the team that knocked off LSU. If UGA fielded the team they put of the field yesterday for the entire year, they would likely have close to a losing record.

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 09:50 AM

2013 UGA 45 2010 UGA 17

Amen. Precisely my point.

SheltonChoked
10-13-2013, 09:58 AM
No this one did not beat LSU. Thie UGA team that lost to Mizzou is missing Gurley, Marshall, and the top 3 Wr.

Our UGA win was missing just the #1 wr.

Why is ours discounted and Mizzous not.?

msstate7
10-13-2013, 10:05 AM

Let's see how they finish without James Franklin.

msstate7
10-13-2013, 10:21 AM
No this one did not beat LSU. Thie UGA team that lost to Mizzou is missing Gurley, Marshall, and the top 3 Wr.

Bc if we do something it has to e discounted by our fans

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 10:22 AM

The easy answer: this UGA team was in top 10 and Mizzou won on the road. The one we beat was at home and they finished with losing record.

msstate7
10-13-2013, 10:28 AM
The easy answer: this UGA team was in top 10 and Mizzou won on the road. The one we beat was at home and they finished with losing record.

Curious if you watched the game. I've watched almost all the Georgia games and that was a shell of the team that beat lsu. They had no rb after having maybe the best 2 in the sec earlier this year. The receiving corps was bare. It was a good win by Missouri; but if Georgia played lsu yesterday, lsu would've won by 28-35 points

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Curious if you watched the game. I've watched almost all the Georgia games and that was a shell of the team that beat lsu. They had no rb after having maybe the best 2 in the sec earlier this year. The receiving corps was bare. It was a good win by Missouri; but if Georgia played lsu yesterday, lsu would've won by 28-35 points

Yes I did. And put it this way; if we'd of beaten that UGA team yesterday I'd count it as mullen's signature win.

BeastMan
10-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Mizzou caught them at the perfect time. It couldn't have been any better for them. I called that upset on record btw. That "signature" win did not come without great price with them losing Franklin. It looks like that was merely a favor to USC at this point.

There is a major problem with your argument that Mizzou "got their sig win in year 2". Gary Pinkel has been a HC for 23 years and has a 169-98-3 career record. Mizzou has had 12-2 record in '07 featuring a Cotton Bowl Win. He had 2 other 10 win seasons at Mizzou. He's 96-61 at Mizzou. In 1995 Pinkel went undefeated at Toledo.

To say that this is some program signature win for Mizzou or Pinkel just doesn't hold water when you look at their program and his career as a HC. I understand its their first big SEC win. Not taking anything from that. But using that as some sort of argument against Mullen or MSU is so apples and oranges its ridiculous.

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Mizzou caught them at the perfect time. It couldn't have been any better for them. I called that upset on record btw. That "signature" win did not come without great price with them losing Franklin. It looks like that was merely a favor to USC at this point.

There is a major problem with your argument that Mizzou "got their sig win in year 2". Gary Pinkel has been a HC for 23 years and has a 169-98-3 career record. Mizzou has had 12-2 record in '07 featuring a Cotton Bowl Win. He had 2 other 10 win seasons at Mizzou. He's 96-61 at Mizzou. In 1995 Pinkel went undefeated at Toledo.

To say that this is some program signature win for Mizzou or Pinkel just doesn't hold water when you look at their program and his career as a HC. I understand its their first big SEC win. Not taking anything from that. But using that as some sort of argument against Mullen or MSU is so apples and oranges its ridiculous.

Sure it counts. I'm comparing SEC apples to SEC apples. I don't care what they did in the Big XII.

Coach34
10-13-2013, 11:11 AM

No this Georgia team was not. Georgia is not a top 10 team when they are missing their top 2 TB's and their top WR's. Their having to play a freaking white guy at TB right now- that's how bad it is for them.

Quaoarsking
10-13-2013, 11:16 AM
We HAD a signature win in Year 2. Did you just forget we went on the road and beat Florida?

That Florida team was as talented as this year's Georgia, and finished with 8 wins, like this year's Georgia team probably will.

Why do some of our fans look to put down our accomplishments?

Ronny
10-13-2013, 11:24 AM
..hasn't done dick. Their schedule is pussified beyond belief.

If this was MSU's schedule to date cadavder dawg would be shitting a brick:

vsMurray St W58-14 1-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 7 vsToledo W38-23 2-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 21 @Indiana W45-28 3-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 28 vsArkansas St W41-19 4-0 (0-0)
Sat, Oct 5 @Vanderbilt W51-28 5-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 12 @#7 Georgia W41-26 6-0 (2-0)

Quaoarsking
10-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Missouri is currently ranked #7 in the Sagarin with a SOS of 43, which is the 4th hardest schedule of the Sagarin top 10. They are #5 in the less valid Sagarin ELOCHESS, which is used in the BCS formula.

Will James
10-13-2013, 11:28 AM
..hasn't done dick. Their schedule is pussified beyond belief.

If this was MSU's schedule to date cadavder dawg would be shitting a brick:

vsMurray St W58-14 1-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 7 vsToledo W38-23 2-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 21 @Indiana W45-28 3-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 28 vsArkansas St W41-19 4-0 (0-0)
Sat, Oct 5 @Vanderbilt W51-28 5-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 12 @#7 Georgia W41-26 6-0 (2-0)

do we beat UGA yesterday? No we lose by 20. Probably lose at Vandy too

Coach34
10-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Probably lose at Vandy too

uhhhh no. We are 2 TD's better than Vandy

Quaoarsking
10-13-2013, 11:37 AM

Granted, the transitive property doesn't apply to football, but does that mean you think we're 1.5 touchdowns better than Ole Miss?

Ronny
10-13-2013, 11:42 AM
..this board wants to praise a shitty Missouri schedule while bad-mouthing MSU, but Missou has not played OSU & LSU. Or Bowling Green, who this board thinks should have beaten MSU.

The way you people cherry-pick some randon shitty team & praise it then use that praise to cut down MSU is one of the bigtime ***** moves.

Almost as big a ***** move as sitting behind a computer bitching about attendance.

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 11:45 AM
..this board wants to praise a shitty Missouri schedule while bad-mouthing MSU, but Missou has not played OSU & LSU. Or Bowling Green, who this board thinks should have beaten MSU.

The way you people cherry-pick some randon shitty team & praise it then use that praise to cut down MSU is one of the bigtime ***** moves.

Almost as big a ***** move as sitting behind a computer bitching about attendance.

Ron, I was at the game. Thanks though. I'm sure you were at home however.

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 11:45 AM

Not on the road. Nope we are not.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2013, 11:57 AM
do we beat UGA yesterday? No we lose by 20. Probably lose at Vandy too

Exactly.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-13-2013, 01:07 PM

How are we in year five, yet Missou is in year two? That is not a good comparison as Pinkel is in year 13.

Five-tool Poster
10-13-2013, 01:12 PM

lol

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 04:04 PM
How are we in year five, yet Missou is in year two? That is not a good comparison as Pinkel is in year 13.

Pinkel is in year two as a head coach in SEC. Mullen is in year five as one. Why isn't that fair?

C222
10-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Pinkel is in year two as a head coach in SEC. Mullen is in year five as one. Why isn't that fair?

This is some of the dumbest shit I think I have ever read.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2013, 05:16 PM
This is some of the dumbest shit I think I have ever read.

Why?

Not saying I agree or disagree, just tell us all why it's so dumb. I'd love to see some factual reasons why for argument's sake.

BeastMan
10-13-2013, 05:35 PM

Pinkel is in year 23 of head coaching and has had 169 career wins. I understand I'm repeating myself but saying he is a "2nd year SEC coach" is true but a retarded argument. His previous 21 years of coaching and 158 career wins don't count for anything? Pinkel is also in his 13th year at his program as opposed to Mullen's 5.

Big picture, we are in agreement that Mullen hasn't won a huge, program changing game. But,,,, you fitting Pinkel's win yesterday into an anti-Mullen argument is a bigger stretch than Rosey Odonell in yoga pants. You really don't have to try that hard to make the point you are making overall.

C222
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Why?

Not saying I agree or disagree, just tell us all why it's so dumb. I'd love to see some factual reasons why for argument's sake.

BeastMan and others have already explained why. The two aren't even comparable.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2013, 05:57 PM
BeastMan and others have already explained why. The two aren't even comparable.

I know BeastMan did, I'm just wanting to see you actually back a post with some actual facts and evidence. You seem very good at telling people how dumb they are, but you never can say why. Never bring much knowledge, just a lot of "you're dumb" stuff. Just sayin. No offense.

And for the record, I agree that the Pinkle comparison is a bad one.

Bothrops
10-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Idk guys, I remember Georgia losing to Colorado the week after we beat them in 2010. I think our win against Georgia was very solid, but they were deflated afterward. I knew Mizzou had a chance because of UGA's injuries. But I guess I would compare their win in Athens to our win in the Swamp in 2010.

Coach34
10-13-2013, 06:38 PM
We hadnt beaten Georgia in 40 ****ing years- anybody that is serious when they say it wasnt a good win for Miss State is ****ing moron. It might not be a good win for LSU- but for Miss State it was huge.

State going to Florida and winning for the first time since the 1960's was a huge win. Same reason above. When a coach leads you to achieve things you dont normally do- he is doing something good. Why some of you refuse to acknowledge these things is beyond me.

What many of you need to realize is that the way you look at Bowling Green- that's how the rest of the SEC sees us.

sbcmortgageman
10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
We hadnt beaten Georgia in 40 ****ing years- anybody that is serious when they say it wasnt a good win for Miss State is ****ing moron. It might not be a good win for LSU- but for Miss State it was huge.

State going to Florida and winning for the first time since the 1960's was a huge win. Same reason above. When a coach leads you to achieve things you dont normally do- he is doing something good. Why some of you refuse to acknowledge these things is beyond me.

What many of you need to realize is that the way you look at Bowling Green- that's how the rest of the SEC sees us.

Show us one person who said it wasn't a good win. But if you wanna hang your hat on that as Mullen's signature win, then he hasn't done much.

C222
10-13-2013, 07:49 PM
I know BeastMan did, I'm just wanting to see you actually back a post with some actual facts and evidence. You seem very good at telling people how dumb they are, but you never can say why. Never bring much knowledge, just a lot of "you're dumb" stuff. Just sayin. No offense.

And for the record, I agree that the Pinkle comparison is a bad one.

I don't give a flying **** what you think about my posts. I'm not trying to please cadaver dawg. And I didn't call him stupid. His thread is ****ing stupid.

It's not like Pinkel just started coaching last year. To use him to call out Mullen is ridiculous.

People that think Mullen doesn't have a signature will win think that until we beat Bama, LSU, or A&M. 3 of the best teams in the country over the last 2-3 years. You know who beats those teams? Not many people.

Beating a ranked Ole miss team his first year, winning at Florida, beating UGA, and beating a Michigan team that was in the Gator Bowl are all pretty damn close to being signature wins.

We are a program that has sucked its entire history..... those 2010 wins were pretty ****ing good.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2013, 07:54 PM

I totally agree. Those 2 wins were huge for our program!!!

Will James
10-13-2013, 08:05 PM
We are a program that has sucked its entire history..... those 2010 wins were pretty ****ing good.

And increasingly pretty ****ing long ago. *Not saying they aren't great wins* but natural progression says we should move towards belonging on the same field as the big boys, not getting shelled every time we play them. Last year we got trashed by middle of the road teams OM and NW, as well as the big boys. The 8 wins last year were against bad bad bad teams. I know we can't help the schedule and 8 wins is 8 wins, I KNOW THIS, but looking at the losses puts the measure of where we were as a team. TRASHED in 5 different games. This year we have dropped games to middle of the road teams OSU and AU. To be improving is to actually make a game in Houston and we really needed to beat Auburn.

Now we are a dropped pass away from Bowling Green having a FG attempt to beat us at home. You don't measure improvement by the Alcorn or other sorry team's we beat. How do we play the decent and really good teams.

I know our history and I don't care. Our more recent history showed that we can be a pitch away from beating LSU. Nearly beating Cam Newton. Win in the Swamp. Trashing of Meechigan. Why is it so hard to ask for those types of performances especially given the fact that our QB was CHRIS RELF.

mcain31
10-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Wouldn't Mullen's win over Florida in the Swamp be his signature win