PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody ever announce which games Ole Miss had to vacate?

Mobile Bay
08-26-2018, 08:43 AM
I have not yet seen a complete list.

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2018, 08:51 AM
They are appealing that so it hasn't been announced yet.

Hambone
08-26-2018, 09:30 AM
They will probably be awarded wins over Bama

TrapGame
08-26-2018, 10:14 AM
They should have been made to vacate the athletics department and the place fumigated for Network roaches.

Bodaski
08-26-2018, 02:06 PM
I totally agree. Even as they appeal there is stuff going on that has been discovered in their athletic dept with fans talking about illegal inducements. All of this while appealing the original sanctions. They don't deserve any relief from the sanction. There needs to be tougher penalties on them for doing the face book deal with multiple fans/alums.

Dawgology
08-26-2018, 02:46 PM
I'm almost positive it will never be announced by state media sources. It'll make a blurb on the ESPN ticker.

Pit Bull
08-26-2018, 02:52 PM
Time to move on. They got off easy. Nothing we can do about it. Lets look forward to handing them their asses for the foreseeable future. Time to open up a 55 gallon drum of ass-whoopin' on them!!

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2018, 08:05 PM
Time to move on. They got off easy. Nothing we can do about it. Lets look forward to handing them their asses for the foreseeable future. Time to open up a 55 gallon drum of ass-whoopin' on them!!

Well their recruiting was gutted and they lost their best coach since Vaught because of it. Maybe that's getting off light, I don't know.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2018, 08:09 PM
Well their recruiting was gutted and they lost their best coach since Vaught because of it. Maybe that's getting off light, I don't know.

For what all they did it was very light.

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2018, 08:14 PM

Let's see what happens to them record wise over the next few years.

Turfdawg67
08-26-2018, 08:27 PM

They are currently ahead of us in recruiting... and Rosebowl got Freeze, not the NCAA. The NCAA didn't even give him a show cause! They did however give him 1-2 game suspension. Hahahaha!

97.3% of the posters on this board believe they got off light, but you have to chime in on every thread saying the same thing.

sandwolf
08-27-2018, 01:39 AM

Regardless of whether or not you think the sanctions were harsh enough, in the end, the NCAA investigation was devastating to their program. Prior to receiving their sanctions in 2016, they had just played in their second consecutive New Years 6 bowl (and if not for one of the biggest fluke plays ever, they would have won the SEC West, and likely the SEC Title in '15), they were recruiting in the top 10 and they had legitimate national buzz surrounding their program. Think about the trajectory and the perception of their program today versus 3 years ago, when they received their first round of sanctions. They may not have gotten hammered as hard as we wanted them to, but they still got hit really damn hard.

sandwolf
08-27-2018, 01:42 AM
They are currently ahead of us in recruiting...

Don't be stupid.....they have 10 more commitments than we do and are only ranked one spot ahead of us.

and Rosebowl got Freeze, not the NCAA. The NCAA didn't even give him a show cause! They did however give him 1-2 game suspension. Hahahaha!

I agree with this. I thought Freeze would have gotten at least a 1 year show cause.....I am still shocked by that.

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2018, 05:40 AM
Whether or not they were devastated and sent back to obscurity is irrelevant. Fact remains by the NCAA penalty matrix they got a very soft slap on the wrist. They should have gotten much much worse.

msu15
08-27-2018, 08:06 AM
They are currently ahead of us in recruiting... .

Loser post

thf24
08-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Whether or not they were devastated and sent back to obscurity is irrelevant. Fact remains by the NCAA penalty matrix they got a very soft slap on the wrist. They should have gotten much much worse.

They did not, actually; their punishment was roughly in the scope of the matrix. The matrix is not applied per violation. The entire case is assigned one of the categories on the matrix (level 1 aggravated, level 1 standard, etc.) after being qualitatively judged. The individual violations don't mean much as far as clear cut numbers go.

sandwolf
08-27-2018, 10:22 AM
They did not, actually; their punishment was roughly in the scope of the matrix. The matrix is not applied per violation. The entire case is assigned one of the categories on the matrix (level 1 aggravated, level 1 standard, etc.) after being qualitatively judged. The individual violations don't mean much as far as clear cut numbers go.

Correct.....the penalties were in line with what the matrix calls for. The main thing that I disagreed with (aside from the absurdly low number of scholarships lost) was the classification of the case....considering the number/nature of violations and the fact that multiple violations were committed while they were under investigation, I thought that it would have for sure been Level 1 Aggravated instead of Standard. I guess it pretty much has to be a repeat offender to be classified as aggravated.

MadDawg
08-27-2018, 10:40 AM

In other words, if you're going to cheat, go balls out. It won't matter in the end if you have one level-one violation or thirty. It's all the same in "the matrix".

MadDawg
08-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Loser post

2018 Recruiting Ranking
MSU 27
UM 30

Hammered, I tell ya!

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2018, 10:55 AM
They are currently ahead of us in recruiting... and Rosebowl got Freeze, not the NCAA. The NCAA didn't even give him a show cause! They did however give him 1-2 game suspension. Hahahaha!

97.3% of the posters on this board believe they got off light, but you have to chime in on every thread saying the same thing.

I guess if 97.3% of the board jumped off a cliff you would too. ;) They got hit pretty hard, just not as hard as we thought they should have.

Todd4State
08-27-2018, 12:10 PM
2018 Recruiting Ranking
MSU 27
UM 30

Hammered, I tell ya!

We were on relentless country club-bation.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Loser post

17 you, dipshit. The point was they weren't "devastated" by the NCAA. They're doing quite well for a team that's just over a 4 year investigation.