PDA

View Full Version : SEC is third best conference behind Big X and ACC per ESPN announcer on WY vs NM ST..

IMissJack
08-25-2018, 10:01 PM
game. This crap starts every year, so I guess they will be right one year.

DownwardDawg
08-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Someday, the SEC won’t win the National championship. Or have half the teams in the playoffs. Someday. We’ll all probably be dead by then though.

Lord McBuckethead
08-25-2018, 10:44 PM
Just wait until we make it this year. The SEC will be way down versus other years.

TUSK
08-26-2018, 12:36 AM
I look forward to the day when the cumulative whining forces an 8 team playoff... that includes 5 conference champs and 3 "at large" teams....

It'll look like this:

1 Clemson 13-0 (ACC Champ)
8 Bammer 10-2 (At Large)

4 Oklahoma 11-1 (Big 12 Champ)
5 USC 12-1 (PAC 10 Champ)

2 Georgia 13-0 (SEC Champ)
7 Notre Dame 10-2 (At Large)

3 Ohio State 12-1 (B1G Champ)
6 Random SEC Program 10-2 (At Large)

And after that 8 CFP goes the way we know it will, we can expand to 16 teams....

BulldogDX55
08-26-2018, 07:49 AM
I look forward to the day when the cumulative whining forces an 8 team playoff... that includes 5 conference champs and 3 "at large" teams....

It'll look like this:

8 Bammer 10-2 (At Large)

And after that 8 CFP goes the way we know it will, we can expand to 16 teams....

And Bama will have ANOTHER natty where they weren't even conference champs.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-26-2018, 08:08 AM
Exactly Tusk. The CFP has NEVER caused a SEC team to miss the championship, however it has caused you guys last year (who wouldn't' have made the BCS championship) to win it all. Add Auburn into the 8 team mix, and they probably win their first round game. Over 4 CFP's, the SEC has made every one and only lost 2 games not to itself. In the BCS, 4 different SEC teams won it all, the championship was made every year, and only Auburn vs FSU resulted in a non SEC champion.

It's pretty clear the SEC produces the best teams at the top. The larger the playoffs get, the more the SEC will dominate. Take last year; under a 4 team playoff the SEC got 2 teams in the championship, but under a BCS system it would have been OU-Clemson

Jack Lambert
08-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Out of the two one said that the SEC was number one and the other said number three.

gravedigger
08-26-2018, 09:29 AM
game. This crap starts every year, so I guess they will be right one year.

I'm afraid it goes to show what is valued in sports society. Meaningless attention. Danny Kanell, Barrett Sallee, Colin Cowherd, Steven A Smith, Skip Bayless, and now game announcers.

None have any more credibility than what joeblow fan gives them on a given day. I excuse all but Kanell. THe rest have no other choice. Their only product to sell is their obnoxious takes. Kanell has legit football experience and could use it to give useful information. He chooses the low road.

TrapGame
08-26-2018, 10:09 AM
These guys are 3rd string ESPN announcers. Herbie sends them to get donuts during the staff meetings b/c their opinions mean jack.

IMissJack
08-26-2018, 11:04 AM

It'll look like this:

8 Bammer 10-2 (At Large)

The NCAA would not pair like that. They would do what they do in the baseball tourney. They would set it up so all the SEC teams have a shot at playing each other and knocking each other out, so the Big X or random could have a chance to get in the finals. Book it.

TUSK
08-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Exactly Tusk. The CFP has NEVER caused a SEC team to miss the championship, however it has caused you guys last year (who wouldn't' have made the BCS championship) to win it all. Add Auburn into the 8 team mix, and they probably win their first round game. Over 4 CFP's, the SEC has made every one and only lost 2 games not to itself. In the BCS, 4 different SEC teams won it all, the championship was made every year, and only Auburn vs FSU resulted in a non SEC champion.

It's pretty clear the SEC produces the best teams at the top. The larger the playoffs get, the more the SEC will dominate. Take last year; under a 4 team playoff the SEC got 2 teams in the championship, but under a BCS system it would have been OU-Clemson

Dead. Nuts. On....

If I were a fan of ANY SEC program, I'd LOVE to see CFP expansion. The regular season is too difficult to get by unscathed.

TUSK
08-26-2018, 11:21 AM
The NCAA would not pair like that. They would do what they do in the baseball tourney. They would set it up so all the SEC teams have a shot at playing each other and knocking each other out, so the Big X or random could have a chance to get in the finals. Book it.

see: 1997 CWS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_NCAA_Division_I_Baseball_Tournament

Not the best example, but I get your point.

Dawg61
08-26-2018, 12:24 PM
I look forward to the day CFB playoff is more like basketball and baseball. As it is right now there's about 8 teams only every year that have any chance to win the natty. It kills Cinderella.

BulldogBear
08-26-2018, 12:25 PM
Out of the two one said that the SEC was number one and the other said number three.
The really bad thing was saying how much these conferences had more depth than the SEC.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-26-2018, 01:05 PM
The really bad thing was saying how much these conferences had more depth than the SEC.

Well they do. It's a fact really- every year the overrated middle and bottom of the SEC get dominated in bowl games by the high-middle of other conferences. Just Google "bowl records by conference" and you'll se..... or wait, that's right, the SEC dominates the bowl season every year, silly me

Bothrops
08-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Even on a down year the SEC is still the best conference, because other leagues don't have the rivalries to compare with the SEC, from week to week. Most conference games in the SEC would be considered rivalries in other leagues due to the amount of fan passion, hatred and trash talk. They may play 2 or 3 games like that a year, while we play at least 6 or 7 every season.

Pit Bull
08-26-2018, 02:44 PM

It'll look like this:

8 Bammer 10-2 (At Large)

Great minds think alike Tusk!!...LOL...I have contended exactly the same for over a couple years now. Five Conf. P5 Champions plus 3 at large. Would give MSU our best chance to make the playoff. And rank all the top 25 teams by a preset computer formula agreed upon by ALL the P5 conferences. Use that ranking to seed 1-8 for the playoffs, and 9-16 for the NYD bowls. Rest of the bowls can be negotiated between conference contracts, etc. Take the Committee out of it!! Remove human factor.

TUSK
08-26-2018, 10:37 PM
Great minds think alike Tusk!!...LOL...I have contended exactly the same for over a couple years now. Five Conf. P5 Champions plus 3 at large. Would give MSU our best chance to make the playoff. And rank all the top 25 teams by a preset computer formula agreed upon by ALL the P5 conferences. Use that ranking to seed 1-8 for the playoffs, and 9-16 for the NYD bowls. Rest of the bowls can be negotiated between conference contracts, etc. Take the Committee out of it!! Remove human factor.

Where were you in ‘98 when I was on the radio pimping this plan? You shoulda called in!

Jk, Buddy & thanks.

Johnson85
08-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Well they do. It's a fact really- every year the overrated middle and bottom of the SEC get dominated in bowl games by the high-middle of other conferences. Just Google "bowl records by conference" and you'll se..... or wait, that's right, the SEC dominates the bowl season every year, silly me

Not every year, but the SEC is usually playing a seed or two up against the other conferences, either because that's the way the matchup is slotted or because we get an extra team in the big 6 and everybody gets moved up a slot.