PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen keeps dropping L's

Dawg61
08-25-2018, 09:23 PM
Read the pic. Then read it again. Notice anything missing in the word relentless.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dle3-YzXcAAGosE.jpg

Bdawg
08-25-2018, 10:20 PM
What pic?

Dawg61
08-25-2018, 10:24 PM
What pic?

He deleted the tweet.

msstate7
08-25-2018, 10:33 PM
Ready to see how the gators look. Herbstreit picked them as biggest surprise

Dawg61
08-25-2018, 10:49 PM
Ready to see how the gators look. Herbstreit picked them as biggest surprise

I'm ready to see how we look. I think UF will win around 7-8 games.

JoseBrown
08-26-2018, 02:49 AM
I hope they give enough STAIN while they're at it.

Maroonthirteen
08-26-2018, 07:41 AM
I have no idea if their roster this year. However he almost had a winning season with A very undersized QB (no offense Ty) as a QB and croom roster. His first year here.

I have a feeling they will do well. I have a feeling we will do well.

confucius say
08-26-2018, 07:57 AM
Their schedule is garbage. 8-4 easy.

TrapGame
08-26-2018, 08:13 AM
SECN also put Van Jefferson and another FL WR on the list of best WR tandems in the SEC. Van Jefferson hasn't caught one ball for FL yet. Not one damn ball in Mullen's offense.

Let's see if '09-'10 Mullen shows up. He had something to prove back them. He was coaching for a bigger job. Does Mullen play Franks, experienced but not his type of QB or the 5* true freshman that is built to run his offense? Also we didn't have a culture problem. Croom kicked off a lot of guys deemed trouble makers and started over. Dan didn't have bad apples to worry about or cancers in the locker room.

Florida is rehashing shit Dan used here at MSU. Sounded stupid then and even worse now. I don't think that really bodes well for Dan's re-invention of Florida football.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-26-2018, 08:17 AM
Their schedule is garbage. 8-4 easy.

They play 3 solid teams (UGA, SC, us) and 2 teams that should at least have a bunch of talent (LSU, FSU). Other than that teams that will struggle to make a bowl, who also have less talent than UF. 7-8 wins should be easy to get

Dawg61
08-26-2018, 09:25 AM
Mizzou will beat UF.

thf24
08-26-2018, 06:48 PM
SECN also put Van Jefferson and another FL WR on the list of best WR tandems in the SEC. Van Jefferson hasn't caught one ball for FL yet. Not one damn ball in Mullen's offense.

Let's see if '09-'10 Mullen shows up. He had something to prove back them. He was coaching for a bigger job. Does Mullen play Franks, experienced but not his type of QB or the 5* true freshman that is built to run his offense? Also we didn't have a culture problem. Croom kicked off a lot of guys deemed trouble makers and started over. Dan didn't have bad apples to worry about or cancers in the locker room.

Florida is rehashing shit Dan used here at MSU. Sounded stupid then and even worse now. I don't think that really bodes well for Dan's re-invention of Florida football.

Someone on the same show your first paragraph is from compared Franks to Fitz, and I had to question whether this guy had seen either of them play a single snap. Franks to Tyler Russell is a much closer comparison, and we all know how that went.

GreenheadDawg
08-26-2018, 07:36 PM
They play 3 solid teams (UGA, SC, us) and 2 teams that should at least have a bunch of talent (LSU, FSU). Other than that teams that will struggle to make a bowl, who also have less talent than UF. 7-8 wins should be easy to get

The problem is that 7-8 wins won’t cut it in Florida. Just having a bowl streak will get you fired. He has to actually out-coach some teams and beat the UGA’s and Fla st’s

msstate7
08-26-2018, 07:52 PM
The problem is that 7-8 wins won’t cut it in Florida. Just having a bowl streak will get you fired. He has to actually out-coach some teams and beat the UGA’s and Fla st’s
It'll be interesting to see if 10-2 will be good enough there starting next year. I think Mullen can pull that off most years, but Georgia and FSU just gonna out talent him

GreenheadDawg
08-26-2018, 08:15 PM
It'll be interesting to see if 10-2 will be good enough there starting next year. I think Mullen can pull that off most years, but Georgia and FSU just gonna out talent him

I agree. I think he can consistently win 9-10 games. But he has to win the East and I just don’t see it happening

Dawg61
08-26-2018, 11:17 PM

Mullen can't pull of 10 wins most years. You're drunk.

TUSK
08-27-2018, 03:42 AM
Mullen can't pull of 10 wins most years. You're drunk.

Dude, there are very few coaches that can pull "of" 10 wins most years... and, even though you aren't drunk; you are a moron.

No offense intended...

sandwolf
08-27-2018, 10:09 AM
Dude, there are very few coaches that can pull "of" 10 wins most years... and, even though you aren't drunk; you are a moron.

No offense intended...

I like this version of you. You typically go with thinly veiled insults and backhanded compliments.....this straightforward approach is refreshing.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 10:48 AM

No offense intended...

So why are you responding to me moron? How bout you try responding to the guy that said Mullen could pull of 10 wins a year instead. Offense most certainly intended.

msstate7
08-27-2018, 11:22 AM
So why are you responding to me moron? How bout you try responding to the guy that said Mullen could pull of 10 wins a year instead. Offense most certainly intended.

Why is it so hard to believe Mullen can win 10 a year at Florida? FSU and Georgia are the only games that I think they can't win, and FSU could flop under a new coach. As long as LSU has O, Mullen can beat them. Who are the teams you think beat them? South Carolina, vandy, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, and 3 OOC games equals 8 wins a year. All Mullen has to do is win 2 of LSU, Georgia, FSU, sec West rotation opp, and a bowl game to get 10

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 11:32 AM
Why is it so hard to believe Mullen can win 10 a year at Florida? FSU and Georgia are the only games that I think they can't win, and FSU could flop under a new coach. As long as LSU has O, Mullen can beat them. Who are the teams you think beat them? South Carolina, vandy, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, and 3 OOC games equals 8 wins a year. All Mullen has to do is win 2 of LSU, Georgia, FSU, sec West rotation opp, and a bowl game to get 10

I didn't say he'll never win 10 games. I said he won't do it most years. He's Dan Mullen owner of the worst record in the history of CFB against ranked opponents. He puckers up and coaches way too conservatively in tough games vs good coaches. His recruiting will be shit for Florida standards. He'll have roughly a .500 record vs USCe, Missouri, Tennessee. He'll have a losing record vs LSU, the 2nd West opponent and FSU and won't ever beat UGA. He will feast on Vandy and Kentucky but even those two will upset him at least once. Mullen isn't gonna last longer than 4-5 years at UF.

sandwolf
08-27-2018, 03:40 PM
I didn't say he'll never win 10 games. I said he won't do it most years. He's Dan Mullen owner of the worst record in the history of CFB against ranked opponents. He puckers up and coaches way too conservatively in tough games vs good coaches. His recruiting will be shit for Florida standards. He'll have roughly a .500 record vs USCe, Missouri, Tennessee. He'll have a losing record vs LSU, the 2nd West opponent and FSU and won't ever beat UGA. He will feast on Vandy and Kentucky but even those two will upset him at least once. Mullen isn't gonna last longer than 4-5 years at UF.

I expect Mullen to do well at Florida......if he takes the same approach that he took here, he will probably average top 15ish recruiting classes and be a consistent number 2 in the East. But if he buys into recruiting, fills his staff with good recruiters that he holds accountable and consistently signs top 10 classes, I think he can turn Florida back into a powerhouse.

I know it's popular to shit on Mullen right now, but the guy is a good coach with a really good offensive system and he is one of the best there is at identifying and developing quarterbacks. If he stops wearing those ridiculous 17ing shoes and keeps Hevesy away from the recruits, he should be able to convince some elite talent to come play in his system and if he does that he will do very well down there.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 03:45 PM
I expect Mullen to do well at Florida......if he takes the same approach that he took here, he will probably average top 15ish recruiting classes and be a consistent number 2 in the East. But if he buys into recruiting, fills his staff with good recruiters that he holds accountable and consistently signs top 10 classes, I think he can turn Florida back into a powerhouse.

I know it's popular to shit on Mullen right now, but the guy is a good coach with a really good offensive system and he is one of the best there is at identifying and developing quarterbacks. If he stops wearing those ridiculous 17ing shoes and keeps Hevesy away from the recruits, he should be able to convince some elite talent to come play in his system and if he does that he will do very well down there.

I think most of us agree with this but finishing second 3-4 years in a row will be the end of the Merlins era in FL. Hell, they got rid of Mac after winning the East twice!

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 04:06 PM
I think most of us agree with this but finishing second 3-4 years in a row will be the end of the Merlins era in FL. Hell, they got rid of Mac after winning the East twice!

Mac was a total weirdo though. That's what got him fired really. I don't think he's a good example. Basically if he looked like Kliff Kingsbury and actually had a somewhat cool personality he wouldn't of been fired. Florida was that petty with him and I don't blame them. Dude was a real strange cat.

Turfdawg67
08-27-2018, 04:15 PM
Mac was a total weirdo though. That's what got him fired really. I don't think he's a good example. Basically if he looked like Kliff Kingsbury and actually had a somewhat cool personality he wouldn't of been fired. Florida was that petty with him and I don't blame them. Dude was a real strange cat.

Ok, how's this...

Finishing second 3-4 years in a row will be the end of the Merlins era in FL.

sandwolf
08-27-2018, 04:46 PM

Agreed....they were looking for an excuse to get rid of that guy.

Ok, how's this...

It depends on what 2nd in the east looks like.....if they are a top 12-15 team that is finishing behind a top 5 Georgia, then no, that wouldn't be the end for Mullen.

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Ok, how's this...

I don't think that'll get him fired and I also think there's no way in hell he'll finish 2nd 3-4 years in a row. Ever. Not at Florida. Maybe at Toledo. Y'all can quote this next sentence on me. I don't think Mullen will ever finish 2nd at Florida before he's fired. I think he's behind Georgia, Missouri and USCe in pecking order and equal to Tennessee right now with both only barely above Kentucky & Vandy. Get used to Georgia in the SECCG. I think they are about to go on a run of 5-6 straight appearances.