PDA

View Full Version : Either Hawaii is a lot better than I thought or.....

Pit Bull
08-25-2018, 08:08 PM
....Arkansas has the easiest P5 substitute in the history of football. Colorado State down at home 23-7 at the half to the Rainbow Warriors. The Rams better get on the stick in the 2nd half!! I thought a Mike Bobo team would be better than this.

Goldendawg
08-25-2018, 08:14 PM
....Arkansas has the easiest P5 substitute in the history of football. Colorado State down at home 23-7 at the half to the Rainbow Warriors. The Rams better get on the stick in the 2nd half!! I thought a Mike Bobo team would be better than this.

What channel is the game on?

IMissJack
08-25-2018, 08:16 PM
What channel is the game on?

CBS sports channel

Goldendawg
08-25-2018, 08:21 PM
CBS sports channel

Thanks. My son found it, 221 on DirecTV. Shows I need our season to start bad if I'm watching Hawaii and CSU. Hail State!

Pit Bull
08-25-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks. My son found it, 221 on DirecTV. Shows I need our season to start bad if I'm watching Hawaii and CSU. Hail State!

Have always had a warm spot in my heart for Colorado St. I prefer the "State" schools like us. I think we played them in Ft. Collins some years ago and want to say they beat us....but not sure about that.

RocketDawg
08-25-2018, 08:40 PM

I've been watching Jacksonville State and North Carolina A&T. Not much offense in the first half, and now both teams are almost scoring at will. 17-14 JSU now, but NCAT has the ball on the 15.

IMissJack
08-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Have always had a warm spot in my heart for Colorado St. I prefer the "State" schools like us. I think we played them in Ft. Collins some years ago and want to say they beat us....but not sure about that.

I visited CSU a couple of years ago. Fort Collins is a good college town. The campus is kind of unique and I liked it quite a bit

Jack Lambert
08-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Arkansas goes to Colorado State this season I think.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-25-2018, 11:11 PM

We played them at Fort Collins back in 1981. We were on vacation in the area and were able to walk up to ticket office and buy our tickets on game day. Small stadium nestled in a natural oval bowl below ground level surrounded by hills. Pretty cool. We won 37 - 27 which was a good thing because it would have ruined the rest of our vacation otherwise. They opened a new on campus stadium last year that seats 42K that is said to be really nice. The school is a land grant school which opened in 1879, one year after State. Really pretty campus.

WPS
08-26-2018, 12:00 AM
Colorado State lost a TON from last year including their 3rd round draft pick WR and record setting QB. Figured they?d be in for a down year but didn?t expect them to lose to Hawaii.

Skydawg1
08-26-2018, 01:12 AM

Man, they had a QB named Van Pelt that was tough as nails back in the day. Dude had his shoulder dislocated in a game, trainer popped it back in, and dude was back out there tearing it up.

maroon59
08-26-2018, 09:01 AM
We played them at Fort Collins back in 1981. We were on vacation in the area and were able to walk up to ticket office and buy our tickets on game day. Small stadium nestled in a natural oval bowl below ground level surrounded by hills. Pretty cool. We won 37 - 27 which was a good thing because it would have ruined the rest of our vacation otherwise. They opened a new on campus stadium last year that seats 42K that is said to be really nice. The school is a land grant school which opened in 1879, one year after State. Really pretty campus.

I first visited Fort Collins in 1948 and again in 1950 as we spent the summers there with my Dad working on his Masters at then Colorado A and M. Colorado was still cowboy country then(no ski resorts). Fort Collins was about 20,000 population. The first thing I remember seeing was the big "A" on the mountainside.

DanDority
08-26-2018, 09:11 AM
I first visited Fort Collins in 1948 and again in 1950 as we spent the summers there with my Dad working on his Masters at then Colorado A and M. Colorado was still cowboy country then(no ski resorts). Fort Collins was about 20,000 population. The first thing I remember seeing was the big "A" on the mountainside.
Yep! The A is still there, which stands for Aggies!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-26-2018, 10:32 AM

Hawaii has a dark horse Heisman candidate QB.