PDA

View Full Version : Vic's hauled in another one.

shannondawg
08-25-2018, 09:43 AM
Esmery Martinez, I was texted her photo as a commitment and that she was a 5 star. But have not seen any confirmation of this anywhere.

For some reason in trying upload her picture , the system says its not a valid jpg file.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Esmery Martinez, I was texted her photo as a commitment and that she was a 5 star. But have not seen any confirmation of this anywhere.

For some reason in trying upload her picture , the system says its not a valid jpg file.

Not a 5 Star. In fact she hasn't even been rated yet.

Dawg2003
08-25-2018, 10:11 AM
I don't think she's rated yet because she's not from the US. Moved here from Dominican Republic I think. She had offers from a lot of schools though. USC, Louisville, UCLA, FSU, Tennessee. So she's legit.

Dawg61
08-25-2018, 10:14 AM
She plays for Hamilton Heights who finished national runners up losing in the title game. Probably a 4* recruit. It puts Vic in the door for the two 5* recruits at Hamilton Heights coming up the year after Martinez. Martinez is from the Dominican Republic. I love the diversity that Vic is building in this team. He's got kids from Australia all the way to the Dominican. Wanna beat UCONN gotta become a global brand like UCONN.

https://twitter.com/martinez_smeri/status/1033066486951305217

Dawg2003
08-25-2018, 10:38 AM
That's how Oregon became what they are. They recruited players from other countries, and it's worked out well for them. I'm really interested to see us play them this year.

99jc
08-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Vic is after Kamilla Cardoso her teammate. she is 6'7" now is the #1 center in the country. believe it or not she is better than Tiera. it will come down to us and Tenn....I wouldn't bet against vic. he sure recruits some lookers also.

smootness
08-25-2018, 11:25 AM
This is what happens when you prove you can sustain an elite level. Players want to come. Schaefer is incredible and we're not going anywhere.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Damn Hamilton Heights is right down the road from me. Had no idea they were so good, or that we had such involvement there

Pit Bull
08-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Vic is after Kamilla Cardoso her teammate. she is 6'7" now is the #1 center in the country. believe it or not she is better than Tiera. it will come down to us and Tenn....I wouldn't bet against vic. he sure recruits some lookers also.

Ok......I'm sold....Cardoso is who I want!! Dang girls everywhere are getting taller and taller every year. I hear Virginia has one that is 6'9"....Zowie. And Vandy had one 6'10" a few years back, though she was a bit awkward.

Dawg2003
08-25-2018, 12:19 PM
I really think we can make another run this year with Anriel Howard. It was huge to get her. We might have a drop off next year because I think Zion Campbell will be our only senior. But after that, we should be really good for awhile.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2018, 12:20 PM
That's how Oregon became what they are. They recruited players from other countries, and it's worked out well for them. I'm really interested to see us play them this year.

We played them last year

Pit Bull
08-25-2018, 12:32 PM
I really think we can make another run this year with Anriel Howard. It was huge to get her. We might have a drop off next year because I think Zion Campbell will be our only senior. But after that, we should be really good for awhile.

To me, it depends on how we replace Vivian's production. Maybe Howard can fill that shoe.....I'm pretty sure she can rebounding, but as far as shooting and scoring....not sure. Howard is a rebounding effort machine....to be only 6'0" tall, she has to be a scrappy go getter flying all over the place getting rebounds. I think Bibby will step up a whole lot this year too....Chloe has the body and athleticism to get position anywhere.....and it appears her shot is really improving drastically....she has great form, just needs to be confident in it. So, to sum it up......Howard and Bibby I think are the keys to us making another run. If we were to get there a 3rd time......we WILL win it.

Dawg2003
08-25-2018, 02:31 PM
We played them last year

Yes, that was a good game. We actually beat them the past 2 years, and we play them again this year. Oregon is supposed to be better this year so should be interesting.

Dawg2003
08-25-2018, 02:43 PM
To me, it depends on how we replace Vivian's production. Maybe Howard can fill that shoe.....I'm pretty sure she can rebounding, but as far as shooting and scoring....not sure. Howard is a rebounding effort machine....to be only 6'0" tall, she has to be a scrappy go getter flying all over the place getting rebounds. I think Bibby will step up a whole lot this year too....Chloe has the body and athleticism to get position anywhere.....and it appears her shot is really improving drastically....she has great form, just needs to be confident in it. So, to sum it up......Howard and Bibby I think are the keys to us making another run. If we were to get there a 3rd time......we WILL win it.

Vivians will be hard to replace. She never really had a truly bad game and could always be counted on to take over if other players were having a bad game. I think Chloe will be really good by the end of her time here.

RocketDawg
08-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Damn Hamilton Heights is right down the road from me. Had no idea they were so good, or that we had such involvement there

Google says Hamilton Heights is in Arcadia, Indiana. Is this the same school, or a high school somewhere else?

Bully13
08-25-2018, 05:53 PM
And I say this will all do respect, based on that pic, Martinez looks as if some new eye candy has made it to campus.

Dawg61
08-25-2018, 06:09 PM
And I say this will all do respect, based on that pic, Martinez looks as if some new eye candy has made it to campus.

She's in high school and underage.

drummerdawg
08-25-2018, 06:15 PM

It's ok, he said it will all do respect...

RocketDawg
08-25-2018, 06:19 PM

Can't be ... she's wearing an MSU uniform. **

99jc
08-25-2018, 07:05 PM
Google says Hamilton Heights is in Arcadia, Indiana. Is this the same school, or a high school somewhere else?

Its a Christian Academy in Chattanooga Tn.............Link http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/235540

99jc
08-25-2018, 07:09 PM
and here's the one we want link http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/news/_/id/225966

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kamilla-cardoso/3xc3g7P8EeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

99jc
08-25-2018, 07:13 PM
and here is our class of 2019 so far http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/344/class/2019

shannondawg
08-25-2018, 07:13 PM
Its amazing! Football is a week away and we have a good thread on the ladies hoops.

Winning will do that.

99jc
08-25-2018, 07:15 PM
and here is our hopeful signees for 2019 http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/344/class/2019/page/considering

Pit Bull
08-25-2018, 07:17 PM

As I said earlier....this is my idea of new eye candy making it to campus!......

https://hailstate.com/news/2018/8/6/womens-golf-maxoutopoulis-brings-competitive-spirit-to-msu.aspx.