https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlYhmTPVAAEaFhA.jpg

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/1033050123490783233

Can't make this stuff up.

Captain Falcon
08-24-2018, 01:42 PM
He picked them to beat Bama!

BB30
08-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Dude is delusional. What an absolute joke.

Spiderman
08-24-2018, 01:44 PM
So they are gonna beat Bama?

mmmmmmm-kay

mstatefan91
08-24-2018, 01:47 PM
It's amazing the switch that has flipped in his head.. He was being semi-reasonable all summer until we entered fall camp.. now it's garbage take after garbage take as it concerns MS teams

TUSK
08-24-2018, 01:48 PM
So they are gonna beat Bama?

mmmmmmm-kay

While it could happen, I think I'll play it safe and lay the ~22 points...

mstatefan91
08-24-2018, 01:50 PM
While it could happen, I think I'll play it safe and lay the ~22 points...

I think I just read on the twitters how Bama has now outscored OM 111-22 over the last 6.5 quarters of play.. not sure if that is 100% accurate but damn

BB30
08-24-2018, 01:51 PM
The same OM team that Bama hung 66 on last year? Call me when OM's defense has improved more than marginally. Bama very well could score on every single possession. In that case it doesn't matter how good OMs receivers are.

MetEdDawg
08-24-2018, 01:54 PM
There's no way in hell he would put anything of value on that prediction. That's the most illogical prediction I've seen this year from any team. And he needs hits right now so he's going the way of shocking people to get them to get him clicks.

Guys like Sallee are going to go by the wayside over the next 5 years. People that don't have a good grasp of the game aren't going to get article hits anymore. They are going to get bashed publicly. Wish we could hold idiots like him to task more for their predictions.

Captain Falcon
08-24-2018, 01:55 PM
If this were 7 on 7, I might agree with him. But there is no way they beat Bama and win nine games with THAT head coach and THAT defense.

While I think their WR’s can test Bama’s new secondary, Bama will just run the ball down their throat for about 350 yards and I don’t think the result will ever be in question.

TUSK
08-24-2018, 01:57 PM
I think I just read on the twitters how Bama has now outscored OM 111-22 over the last 6.5 quarters of play.. not sure if that is 100% accurate but damn

It's correct.

Bammer went on a 45-19 run starting late 1st half in '16 then won 66-3 last year (It could have been worse)...

NWADAWG
08-24-2018, 01:58 PM

There are idiots everywhere. Had a UPig fan get cocky and say that hogs will win 7-8 and beat State this year. Hogs new coach is gonna shock the world. Unfortunately, he works for our largest client so I couldn't let myself laugh out loud and could only bet him a soft drink. Would have been easy money..

msu15
08-24-2018, 02:01 PM
I love how he scribbled out the W for us against A&M and replaced it with the L. Professional

BeardoMSU
https://i.imgur.com/gT83EWF.gif?noredirect

mstatefan91
I love how he scribbled out the W for us against A&M and replaced it with the L. Professional

Couldn't have us both going 9-3 I guess

BeardoMSU
08-24-2018, 02:02 PM

Probably was like "oh shit, can't have them and OM both at 9-3"...

BB30
08-24-2018, 02:03 PM
I would honestly be to embarrassed to post something that stupid in public. I know several kids under the age of 10 that would do a much better job.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2018, 02:10 PM
With Sallee, I can't blame ignorance or stupidity. He knows the SEC and isn't dumb.

What's clear here is a complete and total sellout by a writer for reasons that are unknown.

He sold his opinion for something. It's extremely odd.

Ari Gold
08-24-2018, 02:26 PM
Click bait . So CBS has hired Danny K and Sally has some sort of association with CBS. Excellent job CBS executives

I said it before this guy probably had or still has a Hugh Freeze fat head in his bedroom and he tweets about the bachelor and bachelorette for ****s sake ..

Cooterpoot
08-24-2018, 02:30 PM
He's trolling the shit out of State fans.

SailingDawg
08-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Wrestling Belt is still paying him.

TrapGame
08-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Anybody with a minimum of football IQ knows OM does not have near the defensive muscle to stop Bama nor do they have the offensive output to outscore with either Tu'a or Jalen. They are going to be hard pressed to beat Boom as well. And I'm not sure if they can outscore Texas Tech.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-24-2018, 03:04 PM
He does it to ruffle feathers. I am convinced. He wants a lot of attention and he gets it with bone-headed crap like this.

Bully13
08-24-2018, 03:09 PM
OM players / croots must be pissed. The Network is diverting funds to media folk.

fishwater99
08-24-2018, 03:19 PM
He picked them to beat Bama!

Here is the video of that idiot...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/how-to-fix-a-college-football-game-and-influence-its-outcome-in-four-steps/

sandwolf
08-24-2018, 03:34 PM
He does it to ruffle feathers. I am convinced. He wants a lot of attention and he gets it with bone-headed crap like this.

Yea, it's not rocket science. He needs people talking about him/posting about him on message boards/tweeting at him.....generating traffic, whether it is through good quality reporting (Brett McMurphy) or ridiculous hot takes that draw the ire of sports fans (Paul Finebaum), is how sports journalists stay relevant and make money.

oildawg
08-24-2018, 03:39 PM
The dude is just click bait..... trying to get attention in any pathetic way that he can

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2018, 03:40 PM
He's trying to be the SEC's Skip Bayless

Just stop reading his crap. Read more Bill Connolly.

Token Bammer
08-24-2018, 03:47 PM
Click bait . So CBS has hired Danny K and Sally has some sort of association with CBS. Excellent job CBS executives

I said it before this guy probably had or still has a Hugh Freeze fat head in his bedroom and he tweets about the bachelor and bachelorette for ****s sake ..

This post is perfect. +1

Todd4State
08-24-2018, 04:02 PM

He does it because he's an Ole Miss mouthpiece and they aren't liking the fact that the media is giving us a lot of love.

He "flipped the switch" once the media predictions from around the country started to come out.

TrapGame
08-24-2018, 04:12 PM
He does it because he's an Ole Miss mouthpiece and they aren't liking the fact that the media is giving us a lot of love.

He "flipped the switch" once the media predictions from around the country started to come out.

That's a bingo!

msstate7
08-24-2018, 04:43 PM
What I don't understand is he could generate a hell of a lot more clicks by predicting LSU, tenn, or Florida. All are extreme long shots, but have a ton more fans than OM. The only thing that makes sense is someone at OM is giving him a kick back

Dawgology
08-24-2018, 04:59 PM
If any of you are wondering: that's what a career dying looks like.

fishwater99
08-24-2018, 05:08 PM
What I don't understand is he could generate a hell of a lot more clicks by predicting LSU, tenn, or Florida. All are extreme long shots, but have a ton more fans than OM. The only thing that makes sense is someone at OM is giving him a kick back

But LSU, Tenn and UF are not paying him... $$

Pit Bull
08-24-2018, 06:24 PM
I don't see us losing to TAMU and OM unless we have some critical injuries like last year....and it would take several.....like losing Fitz and Keyteon, then having to break in Mayden just for that last game. We are much deeper this year than we were last year.

WesternSkyDawg
08-24-2018, 09:02 PM
If this were 7 on 7, I might agree with him. But there is no way they beat Bama and win nine games with THAT head coach and THAT defense.

While I think their WR?s can test Bama?s new secondary, Bama will just run the ball down their throat for about 350 yards and I don?t think the result will ever be in question.

This is why it?s not just a bullshit show that Saban hasn?t named Tua the starter yet. He swears they?re both still contributors, and that?s not just blowing smoke to keep Hurts in town. It?s for specific matchups, like against OM.

OM is the one game on their schedule where, if Ala just forfeits their ground game/trenches advantage by slinging it all over the field, they could get caught up in a high risk/high reward shootout. They still probably still win, but the window for a loss is there.

Keep Hurts in the game though, and pound the crap out of them, just like they did last year, and Ala rolls. Why would you not maximize your advantage?

Saban?s a master chess player on the football field. Look for Hurts to start through the OM game, then Tua slowly start to take the reigns as they roll toward the playoff, where their LOS/ground game advantage is smaller, and where they are also very unlikely to encounter a sling it all over the park team. Those types just don?t have the balance, or the defense, to make it that far.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-24-2018, 09:31 PM
I know for a fact I heard him say plural times we'd go 10-2. This was 1.5-3ish months ago. He also said he didn't see a lot of improvement from OM because he didn't think that D would get better. Now all the sudden their D has improve, and our team has gotten 2 games worse, all during fall camp.

I won't go full "OM is paying him", though it's possible. To me, it just seems like he's trying to be edgy by being unique in his predictions, while also going on record at some point saying basically every possible outcome so he can point back to whichever one was right and say "see/ I'm basically a cfb genius". He has a decent IQ and a firm grasp on reality, so it's clear he's just lacking in the moral department. Scumbags who change their opinions for clicks get 0 respect from me. Be a man and pick a side. This is just begin a weasel

QuadrupleOption
08-24-2018, 09:41 PM

He's basically becoming the new Steven Godfrey. Keep shilling for UM until the last dregs of your career are circling the drain, buddy.

TUSK
08-24-2018, 10:17 PM
This is why it?s not just a bullshit show that Saban hasn?t named Tua the starter yet. He swears they?re both still contributors, and that?s not just blowing smoke to keep Hurts in town. It?s for specific matchups, like against OM.

OM is the one game on their schedule where, if Ala just forfeits their ground game/trenches advantage by slinging it all over the field, they could get caught up in a high risk/high reward shootout. They still probably still win, but the window for a loss is there.

Keep Hurts in the game though, and pound the crap out of them, just like they did last year, and Ala rolls. Why would you not maximize your advantage?

Saban?s a master chess player on the football field. Look for Hurts to start through the OM game, then Tua slowly start to take the reigns as they roll toward the playoff, where their LOS/ground game advantage is smaller, and where they are also very unlikely to encounter a sling it all over the park team. Those types just don?t have the balance.

1) Hurts wasn?t gonna transfer this year (period).
2) Mac Jones could beat OM.

A lot of what you said is interesting/plausible, however.

mstatefan91
08-24-2018, 11:06 PM
The OM/Bama game won?t be decided by whoever the Bama QB is. It will be won in the trenches. You can figure out who that is

TUSK
08-24-2018, 11:17 PM
The OM/Bama game won?t be decided by whoever the Bama QB is. It will be won in the trenches. You can figure out who that is

This is correct. Bammer?s OL has seen some juggling, but is legit. The O skill position units are collectively/individually the best I?ve seen over here.

pilldawg
08-25-2018, 12:28 AM
He's trolling the shit out of State fans.

Sports media whore. On the payroll.

mstatefan91
08-25-2018, 12:33 AM
This is correct. Bammer?s OL has seen some juggling, but is legit. The O skill position units are collectively/individually the best I?ve seen over here.

The fact of the matter is that the OM D-line won’t hold up over 4 quarters and the OM O-line will struggle to contain a pass rush after 3. OM just doesn’t have the talent in the trenches. Have all the receivers you want but they don’t make a damn if you can’t get the ball to them

RocketDawg
08-25-2018, 05:17 PM

Saban?s a master chess player on the football field. Look for Hurts to start through the OM game, then Tua slowly start to take the reigns as they roll toward the playoff, where their LOS/ground game advantage is smaller, and where they are also very unlikely to encounter a sling it all over the park team. Those types just don?t have the balance, or the defense, to make it that far.

Keeping the starting spot open also increases fan conversations, if it needs to be increased. He could always start Hurts, hear all the oohhs and aahs, then take him out for Tua after a couple of plays. Everybody I know says that Tua is their man; and didn't he just play in the one game against Georgia (I don't keep up with Bama football any more then I have to)?

TUSK
08-25-2018, 06:18 PM
Keeping the starting spot open also increases fan conversations, if it needs to be increased. He could always start Hurts, hear all the oohhs and aahs, then take him out for Tua after a couple of plays. Everybody I know says that Tua is their man; and didn't he just play in the one game against Georgia (I don't keep up with Bama football any more then I have to)?

Tua played in a few games (mop up duty): https://youtu.be/4Zd3bgOa61k