PDA

View Full Version : October 6 could be INSANE

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 08:46 AM
I circle certain weekends on my calendar and this is a big one. There is a chance we get an undefeated
top-10 matchup in Starkville ala 2014. Then that night we have UFC 239 with Mcgregor the GOAT vs Khabib. If you don?t follow MMA you need to know that back story. These guys legit hate each other. Khabib and his camp ran into someone who is on McGregor?s team and roughed him up. Mcgregor immediately gets on a plane with 30 Irish gangsters and flys to NYC and had Khabib tuck tail and run. That was the whole bus incident McGregor got arrested for in NYC. The hate is real. Also, Khabib is Putin?s guy so I want to see him get his head knocked off.

Can you imagine a weekend where state beats Auburn and that night starting at like 11 you have the biggest MMA fight in history? Good lord I?m excited.

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 08:48 AM
https://i.gifer.com/9rHZ.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gJyIscAHtBNcc00/giphy.gif

GreenheadDawg
08-24-2018, 08:53 AM
I agree. That’s good be a good weekend. A lot of people hate Mcgregor but I love the dude. I hope he whoops Khabib’s ass

StarkVegasSteve
08-24-2018, 08:54 AM
I circle certain weekends on my calendar and this is a big one. There is a chance we get an undefeated
top-10 matchup in Starkville ala 2014. Then that night we have UFC 239 with Mcgregor the GOAT vs Khabib. If you don?t follow MMA you need to know that back story. These guys legit hate each other. Khabib and his camp ran into someone who is on McGregor?s team and roughed him up. Mcgregor immediately gets on a plane with 30 Irish gangsters and flys to NYC and had Khabib tuck tail and run. That was the whole bus incident McGregor got arrested for in NYC. The hate is real. Also, Khabib is Putin?s guy so I want to see him get his head knocked off.

Can you imagine a weekend where state beats Auburn and that night starting at like 11 you have the biggest MMA fight in history? Good lord I?m excited.

Never realized that Conor/Khabib was that weekend. The hype of that fight will be INSANE. If we could get the CBS game that day it would set up perfectly for the day. Beat the 17 out of Gus, catch most of the primetime ESPN game, and end the night watching two guys beat the hell out of each other.

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 08:59 AM
I agree. That’s good be a good weekend. A lot of people hate Mcgregor but I love the dude. I hope he whoops Khabib’s ass

I love Conor. Took huge balls to go fight Floyd where he knew he was screwed but he did better than multiple elite boxers vs Floyd. Floyd respected Conor and his power more than De La Hoya for example. And even if you don’t like Conor, if you root for Khabib you’re commie trash. I mean, who rooted for Drago in Rocky?

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 09:00 AM
Never realized that Conor/Khabib was that weekend. The hype of that fight will be INSANE. If we could get the CBS game that day it would set up perfectly for the day. Beat the 17 out of Gus, catch most of the primetime ESPN game, and end the night watching two guys beat the hell out of each other.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85g6Ey0obPgfFKTe/giphy.gif

GreenheadDawg
08-24-2018, 09:06 AM
I love Conor. Took huge balls to go fight Floyd where he knew he was screwed but he did better than multiple elite boxers vs Floyd. Floyd respected Conor and his power more than De La Hoya for example. And even if you don’t like Conor, if you root for Khabib you’re commie trash. I mean, who rooted for Drago in Rocky?

Couldn’t agree more! **** the commies!

Dawg61
08-24-2018, 09:29 AM
I liked Conor till he kissed Putin's ass during the World Cup.

sandwolf
08-24-2018, 09:44 AM

I like McGregor, but it didn't take huge balls to box Mayweather for $30 million.....I would street fight Mike Tyson in a dark alley when he was in his prime for $30 million.

SheltonChoked
08-24-2018, 10:13 AM

I am hoping for Gameday to be there that weekend, but the competition for it will be tough. Notre Dame at Va Tech, FSU at Miami, Oklahoma vs Texas

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 10:14 AM
I like McGregor, but it didn't take huge balls to box Mayweather for $30 million.....I would street fight Mike Tyson in a dark alley when he was in his prime for $30 million.

Don’t underestimate an elite athlete’s ego. Conor’s legacy took a hit losing that match fair or not. Floyd had balls to take that fight too. He gets hit with a lucky shot and his legacy is ruined. Hats off today both guys imo

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 10:15 AM
I am hoping for Gameday to be there that weekend, but the competition for it will be tough. Notre Dame at Va Tech, FSU at Miami, Oklahoma vs Texas

Those are a lot of big names but not great teams. But it is tv we’re talking about

TrapGame
08-24-2018, 10:19 AM

And you'd still have plenty of money left over after making your house wheelchair accessible.*

Yeah, but two undefeated top 10 SEC teams will be hard to turn down. If not 2:30 CBS then 7:00 prime time on ESPN. Either way DWS will be electric.

I'm not a big MMA guy but I do love me some McGregor.

louisvilledawg
08-24-2018, 10:25 AM
If we're both undefeated, there's a chance we could host gameday.

Looking at the schedule, the only other game i see of big time importance will be FSU vs. Miami.

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 12:04 PM
And on Q, Conor on the gram [I hope these pics of his Instagram are showing]

https://s26.postimg.cc/3zg80do3d/0_F896581-0822-4_EFF-8644-6372_AD0_A1378.png
https://s26.postimg.cc/pymmnls2x/5_A7_B46_B6-05_DB-4_F18-_A628-8_E5_F384_DB0_D2.jpg

BeardoMSU
08-24-2018, 12:07 PM
"It's all in the nut sack" - Conor Mc17'nGregor

fishwater99
08-24-2018, 12:18 PM
I still don't get all the MMA love, can these guys Dunk?

RocketDawg
08-24-2018, 05:21 PM

Probably be Oklahoma and Texas, pretty much regardless of records.

AlSwearengen
08-25-2018, 08:27 AM
Are we sure khabib is putin’s boy? He is Chechen after all. Chechens are worse than Russians. The guy that khabib and his boys bullied was from Russia proper.

Regardless, I’ll pull for Connor but I don’t see him winning. Khabib will get him down and never let him up.

RocketDawg
08-25-2018, 05:21 PM
What will it cost to watch the McGregor MMA fight? I assume it's not free.

sandwolf
08-25-2018, 08:11 PM
What will it cost to watch the McGregor MMA fight? I assume it's not free.

Ha, far from free.....it's probably around $100.

RocketDawg
08-25-2018, 08:43 PM

I checked on what it costs to actually go, and face value is as high as $2505. None of those seats appear to be left. And there was a button for "parking" so they probably hit you for another couple hundred there.

BeastMan
08-25-2018, 09:06 PM

Ya the whole UFC 239 will probably be a c note. Totally worth it. Grill steaks. Getsome beer. Invite a couple buddies over. Beats going to a bar any day.

Dawg61
08-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Sure you can pay $100 or just watch any of the million plus free streams that'll be showing that night.