PDA

View Full Version : Leo vs Roquan

justwin
08-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Roquan is 6'1 235. Leo is 6'2 240. Roquan had 20 then 95 then 137 tackles fr to jr years. Leo had 79 then 45 as rsfr then soph. Roquan went #8 overall in 1st round to Bears.

Leo was the #1 LB recruit nationally. The #1 LB in the country.

What is best case scenario for Leo this year? probably his final year?

UGA is going to miss Roquan.

Cooterpoot
08-23-2018, 11:12 PM
Leo was overrated from day one. He was never the best LB in the country. Not saying he’s bad, but the hype was stupid. He needs a big year and should be better in this defense.

TUSK
08-23-2018, 11:22 PM
No.

PMDawg
08-24-2018, 08:03 AM
LOL - Their names should not be typed together.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-24-2018, 08:17 AM
I really like Leo. But at this point that is an insult to Roquan Smith.

Captain Falcon
08-24-2018, 08:33 AM
Roquan was the best college football linebacker of the last few years. Leo was roughly the fourth best LB on our team a year ago. Leo would have to have a 1st team All-American type year for this to even be a conversation.

Dawgbite
08-24-2018, 08:51 AM
You can't measure drive , desire, and just pure athletic ability with a tape measure, a set of scales and a stop watch. They will measure potential but that is all.

BeastMan
08-24-2018, 09:03 AM
Leo has elite tools. He doesn’t have the polish that Roquan has, football or socially. Personally, I think the 3-4 switch hurt Leo and the move back to 4-3 will help him a lot. He needs to not think and just play sideline to sideline. This year will determine if he’s an NFL guy or not and 100% of that development has to come above the shoulders

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-24-2018, 09:16 AM
In Leo's defense, I think the off field stuff last year really affected him. Not sure he was able to devote the attention needed to fully learn the system, as a result he reacted slower.

That said, I dont think he's fast enough to be an elite LB. His instincts shown in his Fr year and his size means he can be really good, but I've yet to see him make a play that Errol or Dez or Green or Gay couldn't make

LC Dawg
08-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Leo had 79 tackles and was a freshman all-american. Swapping to a 3-4 last year along with all the off field stuff really set him back.
Leo is like a lot of kids in Mississippi in that he could easily have been in the situation that Diwun Black currently faces. There were a lot of people from Brookhaven in his corner and many of them didn't give a damn where he went to school. He lacked the maturity and some of the mental aspects to be a big time college football player but he is catching up. I think a coach with Lukabu's demeanor will be good for him. It's unfair to compare him to Roquon right now but I think Leo will have a great year and put himself back in that comparison.

Bothrops
08-24-2018, 02:50 PM
I look for Leo to break out this season.

BuckyIsAB****
08-25-2018, 07:29 PM
Roquan was good no doubt. But you better keep him clean and on the move because he got his ass whipped routinely when a OL got too him.

LL will be solid but hes not as fast as Roquan

Homedawg
08-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Roquan was good no doubt. But you better keep him clean and on the move because he got his ass whipped routinely when a OL got too him.

LL will be solid but hes not as fast as Roquan

Yeah roquan sucks.... ****

BuckyIsAB****
08-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Yeah roquan sucks.... ****

I didnt say that