PDA

View Full Version : Big ten vs SEC

BB30
08-23-2018, 11:16 AM
How much softer do you think the B10 is compared to the SEC? How comparable are the two conferences in your opinion?

Just wondering if JOMO has any idea of how physical this league is or is there really much of a difference?

Not a knock on JOMO, I think he will do great. Just wondering how big of a transition it is going from coaching in the B10 to coaching in the SEC.
I personally don't think there is a ton of difference at the top. I think the B10 has a couple of really solid physical teams but the drop off after the top 3-4 is pretty big. I don't necessarily think that drop off in the SEC is quite as dramatic. Most all of the teams in the SEC are pretty physical.

I think this is somewhere Shoop can really help out since he has coached in the league.

BulldogDX55
08-23-2018, 11:20 AM
Dude has seen equal top level talent with Michigan and Ohio State, but the grind is lesser because our middle to bottom is greater than theirs. However, we have a veteran squad who is used to it, so the transition shouldn't be too bad.

Matty Dispatch
08-24-2018, 06:15 AM
I think you could make an argument that the Big 12 is "softer" than the SEC, but not the Big 10. I think the Big 10 is "slower" than the SEC, in terms of lineman speed and quickness.

THE Bruce Dickinson
08-24-2018, 08:34 AM
The Big 10 East and SECW are pretty close. I actually think the top half of the B10 E might be better than the SECW, but I think the bottom half of the SECW is better.

Overall I don't think CJM will have a problem adjusting because the competition is pretty similar.

OSU Bama
Penn State Auburn
Michigan LSU
Michigan State Miss. State
Indiana Texas AM
Rutgers Arkansas
Maryland Ole Miss

BulldogDX55
08-24-2018, 08:53 AM
The Big 10 East and SECW are pretty close. I actually think the top half of the B10 E might be better than the SECW, but I think the bottom half of the SECW is better.

Overall I don't think CJM will have a problem adjusting because the competition is pretty similar.

OSU Bama
Penn State Auburn
Michigan LSU
Indiana Texas AM
Rutgers Arkansas
Maryland Ole Miss

There is no year in the last decade when any of that bottom three would scare me. Meanwhile, TAMU, Arky, and OM have all had a few great seasons in the last decade, and even though all three are down now, they could all put up a huge fight this year.

bostondawg
08-24-2018, 08:56 AM

OSU Bama
Penn State Auburn
Michigan LSU
Indiana Texas AM
Rutgers Arkansas
Maryland Ole Miss

I think this is a fair comparison. Their bottom 3 is worse than our bottom 3, but otherwise I think these comparisons are apt and JoMo gonna light it up.

GreenheadDawg
08-24-2018, 08:56 AM

OSU Bama
Penn State Auburn
Michigan LSU
Indiana Texas AM
Rutgers Arkansas
Maryland Ole Miss

I agree with the top half but you lost me on the last 3. All 3 would have losing seasons every year in the SECW