PDA

View Full Version : The Athletic bowl projections

GreenheadDawg
08-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Stewart Mandel has us going to the Music City bowl against GT. He’s going to be wrong on that one.
https://theathletic.com/481384/2018/08/23/stewart-mandels-initial-bowl-projections-for-2018/

Pit Bull
08-23-2018, 09:59 AM
Think he's wrong too, but in any case...…..please NO GATECH!!! The one team we cannot beat. I do not want to play them anywhere!! Ever Again!!

msbulldog
08-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Yeah we can beat them, all we have to do is watch a replay of the 1980 Alabama game and see how Emory Bellard defended the Wishbone. After all he invented it and we got the hosses up front to beat it.

Tbonewannabe
08-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Think he's wrong too, but in any case...…..please NO GATECH!!! The one team we cannot beat. I do not want to play them anywhere!! Ever Again!!

Croom and a checked out Mullen isn't the best recipe for beating GA Tech. It didn't help that we didn't have a Defensive Coordinator.

Pit Bull
08-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Yeah we can beat them, all we have to do is watch a replay of the 1980 Alabama game and see how Emory Bellard defended the Wishbone. After all he invented it and we got the hosses up front to beat it.

We were twice the size as Air Force too in 1991 and we had hosses up front. They ran the same offense as GaTech. Apparently nobody watched the 1980 BAMA replay. Emory is gone and no one else ever prepares us when we go against a good wishbone.

LC Dawg
08-23-2018, 03:02 PM
We were twice the size as Air Force too in 1991 and we had hosses up front. They ran the same offense as GaTech. Apparently nobody watched the 1980 BAMA replay. Emory is gone and no one else ever prepares us when we go against a good wishbone.

The Air Force loss had a lot to do with our team partying its asses off and taking the cadets for granted.

Bothrops
08-23-2018, 05:56 PM

I don't want to play GT this year, because I want to be in a better bowl. But after this year, put them on the schedule, it's time to right that wrong.