PDA

View Full Version : New Season back to Starkvegas

BB30
08-22-2018, 04:37 PM
Living in Columbus I get over to Starkville fairly regularly. For those of you that don't what are you looking forward to the most about getting back to Starkville for games?

For me I always look forward to seeing old college buddies that I don't get to see very often anymore. It is always great getting to catch up with everyone, eat some good food and have a good time. A large majority of my good friends from school still come to most of the home games. Several of us bit the bullet and got married/had kids so I am sure it will get a bit tougher every year as the kids get older and have more things going on to see everyone. Definitely something I look forward to every fall.

louisvilledawg
08-23-2018, 12:41 PM
For me the thing I'm looking forward to the most are all the ladies; I get older - they stay the same age.**

** Jk please don't tell my wife.

Todd4State
08-23-2018, 03:16 PM
Kicking Dan and Hev's ass.

LC Dawg
08-23-2018, 03:32 PM
My daughter lives in Starkville so I go quite often so I mainly concentrate on tailgating during the season. I see some of our tailgate group only during the season so its nice to catch up. Starkville is so congested on gameday that I avoid trying to eat anywhere and just go straight to campus. Sometimes we'll get in town early enough on Friday to get to Dave's and hear some music. Sundays after games are great. We'll go somewhere and get a Bloody Mary and grab some brunch/lunch and relax. As it gets into fall one of my favorite things to do on game weekends is to go to campus Sunday afternoon and take a walk around the drill field. We usually hang around until late in the afternoon before going home. That 3 hour drive home gets pretty depressing as the finality of the weekend creeps in.

Maridian Dawg
08-23-2018, 10:25 PM
Meridian is about a 90 minute drive to Starkville, and it is the longest 90 minutes of my week. I can't wait for Sept. 1st to roll around. I love being on campus during the fall, and gamedays just add to it.