PDA

View Full Version : Michael Story

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 09:20 AM
Let's hope this isn't anything serious & he'll be back soon.

https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/1032269102151331840
embedded actual tweet to make more clean - Scooba

Bodaski
08-22-2018, 09:38 AM
It appears impossible for everyone to follow the rules. I have no idea what Story did or didn't do, but as a former player on athletic teams I felt a responsibility to my teammates to follow the rules. I know I'm not everybody. But. having each others back and following the rules is part of that. Maybe he made a bad grade after summer school grades came out, Just a guess.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-22-2018, 09:40 AM
It appears impossible for everyone to follow the rules. I have no idea what Story did or didn't do, but as a former player on athletic teams I felt a responsibility to my teammates to follow the rules. I know I'm not everybody. But. having each others back and following the rules is part of that. Maybe he made a bad grade after summer school grades came out, Just a guess.

I get what you're saying but it's almost impossible for 85 kids to go through a whole year without any transgressions

msstate7
08-22-2018, 09:42 AM
I'm assuming he was 3rd guard and would've filled in left or right. Who takes that role now?

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 09:45 AM
I'm assuming he was 3rd guard and would've filled in left or right. Who takes that role now?

Let's hope we don't get to the point due to injuries we have to put in the 3rd team guard.

msstate7
08-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Let's hope we don't get to the point due to injuries we have to put in the 3rd team guard.

3rd guard (2nd team)

I seen it dawg
08-22-2018, 09:47 AM
He’s damn important. These guys do stupid shit. Just hope it’s not bad.

Bully13
08-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Time to amend the constitution.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-22-2018, 09:51 AM

Isn't Tommy Champion an interior guy? He was highly though of when we signed him last year, I don't know if he's any good though. or who the backup C is...

I seen it dawg
08-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Amending the constitution don’t help us here

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 09:53 AM
3rd guard (2nd team)

Well then that's a problem.

LC Dawg
08-22-2018, 09:53 AM
Didn't Champion work at guard last year? I would assume he could work at guard or tackle if needed.
The only other two players suspended indefinitely by Moorhead are no longer on the team. Hopefully Story breaks that pattern.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Tyre as the backup OT, Champion as the backup G, and Parker as the backup C if we don't shift Calhoun/Williams there if Jenkins goes down? \

Anyone close to the program know how Champion has looked?

KOdawg1
08-22-2018, 10:03 AM
Not good. Our O-line will be stout but if a couple of guys go down, it'll turn south quickly

Bully13
08-22-2018, 10:05 AM
Amending the constitution don’t help us here

ruh row. worse than I'm thinking?

I seen it dawg
08-22-2018, 10:19 AM
ruh row. worse than I'm thinking?

No just meaning if that’s the case it don’t help us today

Cooterpoot
08-22-2018, 10:46 AM
Champion has been working at RT. Parker is the next OG in line. Champion will likely work at both some, if needed.

Homedawg
08-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Parker will be fine.

Cooterpoot
08-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Parker will be fine.

Phillips too. He's played OG as well.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 11:05 AM
You've.... Got..... to .....be ..... Shitting..... Me

https://twitter.com/Brett_Hudson/status/1032297410284937216.

My question: How did law enforcement find out about this?

This has to the dumbest arrest I've ever come across

GreenheadDawg
08-22-2018, 11:20 AM
Surely he won’t be gone too long for that.

West Tn Dawg
08-22-2018, 11:23 AM

@Brett_Hudson
47s48 seconds ago
More
The Dispatch has learned through a records request that Mississippi State offensive lineman Michael Story was arrested for Aggravated Cruelty to a Cat or Dog. He is currently suspended from the team. Full details

According to records he was arrested for neglecting to water his dog for 3 days while it was locked in a room. It was a misdemeanor charge.

Somebody rightfully turned him in.

LC Dawg
08-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Animal cruelty laws are very weak in Mississippi so not much will come of this but if he really did deny a dog water for 3 days I hope no one on this board or anyone affiliated with Mississippi State tries to defend his actions.

msu15
08-22-2018, 11:29 AM

@Brett_Hudson
47s48 seconds ago
More
The Dispatch has learned through a records request that Mississippi State offensive lineman Michael Story was arrested for Aggravated Cruelty to a Cat or Dog. He is currently suspended from the team. Full details

According to records he was arrested for neglecting to water his dog for 3 days while it was locked in a room. It was a misdemeanor charge.

And you have the balls to have the signature that you do....lol man

Uncle Ruckus
08-22-2018, 11:31 AM

@Brett_Hudson
47s48 seconds ago
More

Why doesn't it surprise me that one of the biggest idiots on the MSU boards is upset he got in trouble for abusing an animal. You are pathetic.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 11:31 AM
Animal cruelty laws are very weak in Mississippi so not much will come of this but if he really did deny a dog water for 3 days I hope no one on this board or anyone affiliated with Mississippi State tries to defend his actions.

Is the full story out there?

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 11:32 AM

Agree. Just surprised that someone did

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 11:33 AM

Not defending him. Just thought it was a wild story

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Why doesn't it surprise me that one of the biggest idiots on the MSU boards is upset he got in trouble for abusing an animal. You are pathetic.

Are you as big of a dumbass in person as your assumption here?

Bully13
08-22-2018, 11:34 AM
I consider animal cruelty way worse than Moultrie Knee. As an owner of 2 pets, I could not imagine being that (fill in the blank)

LC Dawg
08-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Is the full story out there?

http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=67927

It's just allegations at this point. The article actually states that Story said the dog had been in the bedroom for a week.

msudawglb
08-22-2018, 11:48 AM
I consider animal cruelty way worse than Moultrie Knee. As an owner of 2 pets, I could not imagine being that (fill in the blank)

The way I read it was that a neighbor submitted the claim that the dog had not been watered or fed for 3 days. The neighbor can only assume that because Story was gone for 3 days and he heard the dog in the apartment.

Story could have left several buckets of water in his apartment and a bunch of food. The dog wouldn't be denied food and water if this was the case. Or a friend could have been coming over to feed and water the dog.

I'm just saying that the announcement from CJM this afternoon will be telling. I'm assuming an investigation will be done by the coaches.

Captain Falcon
08-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Not defending Story, that’s a ridiculous thing for him to do. But it’s a misdemeanor charge. Suspend him for a game or two if needed, but I don’t think this should be the end of his career if that’s all there is to the story.

GreenheadDawg
08-22-2018, 12:03 PM
What a POS. Hope he is kicked out of school and his dick falls off painfully.

MS needs to ratchet their animal cruelty laws wayyy up so we can do something meaningful to some of these low life’s.

Oh, and **** Story.

I don’t think any sane person or anyone with an ounce of compassion would condone or allow animal cruelty but damn.

msbulldog
08-22-2018, 12:06 PM
Isn't Tommy Champion an interior guy? He was highly though of when we signed him last year, I don't know if he's any good though. or who the backup C is...

Champion has been backing Reese at RT.

Johnson85
08-22-2018, 12:06 PM
Not defending Story, that?s a ridiculous thing for him to do. But it?s a misdemeanor charge. Suspend him for a game or two if needed, but I don?t think this should be the end of his career if that?s all there is to the story.

I'm of the same opinion. It's a shitty thing to do, but assuming he left food and water in the room, that dog's not really getting treated worse than a lot of dogs. Had neighbors one time that kept two dogs in their backyard on a chain and I'm pretty sure they never took them off the chain for the twelve months I lived there. Cops said there wasn't anything illegal (this was ten years ago; maybe it's gotten better?). Haven't seen it since i've gotten to live in better neighborhoods, but while their neglect was a slightly more extreme, it seemed to be reasonably common to have dogs that were more or less ignored except to feed and water them and on rare occasions, take them off a chain and/or out of a small pen.

mstatefan91
08-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a roommate tattled to the police. Not that I blame them but the article reads that way to me.

TXDawg
08-22-2018, 12:29 PM
I think it should be VERY easy for Animal Control to determine whether or not the dog had been denied water for 3 - 7 days. If the dog is dehydrated, Story's in trouble. If the dog isn't, Story isn't. Also, can you imagine the mess and smell if a Great Dane had been locked in an apartment bedroom with no attendee for 3 - 7 days? Heck, 24 - 36 hours would be long enough for that dog to crap all over the place and destroy it.

After reading the Dispatch's article, I have to think that Story had someone watching the dog that the neighbor didn't know about.

MafiaDawg
08-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Assuming that?s what happened, I don?t think we need guys like that on the team. He can come back next year if he straightens up. Just my opinion.

Ezsoil
08-22-2018, 12:33 PM
I can't imagine doing that to my pet...but damn we do have a mob mentality to see who can be the most outraged...hell the way some of you are talking, I expect a rope to come out at any time. Everyone agrees this is horrible and now we as a society must decide what to do. Do we "send a message" and take away his opportunity to education and possibly affect his earning capacity for the rest of his life ? I say no....I would let him go through the same exact experience that the pet went through and see how he likes it. I believe that would be swift, fair and probably have a better chance at redirecting his future behavior.

msbulldog
08-22-2018, 12:38 PM
I have 4 cats, my wife and I travel sometimes for 3 or 4 days. We have waterers and feeders and litter boxes. Only thing I worry about is the cats partying too much because we are gone. I bet Story had somebody taking care of that dog.

KOdawg1
08-22-2018, 12:41 PM
I have 4 cats, my wife and I travel sometimes for 3 or 4 days. We have waterers and feeders and litter boxes. Only thing I worry about is the cats partying too much because we are gone. I bet Story had somebody taking care of that dog.
Kind of hard to leave a litter box for a dog

msbulldog
08-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Kind of hard to leave a litter box for a dog

You can train a dog to do his business in certain places and there are products for sale for this.

StateDawg44
08-22-2018, 01:20 PM
You can train a dog to do his business in certain places and there are products for sale for this.

You're really going out on a limb and assuming he has put a lot of time into this dog. It's not as simple as you make it seem to train that. Even with products.

I would think that if you are leaving your dog alone for 3-7 days with no food or water, you aren't spending the time to train it to do that.

Mississippi's animal cruelty laws are pathetic.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2018, 01:27 PM

..and here we go.. smh

Cooterpoot
08-22-2018, 01:43 PM
Make him run the stadium. Maybe sit for SFA.

Bothrops
08-22-2018, 02:02 PM
If it's neglect, run him until he begs to stop. If he physically abused the dog, get two D-linemen to beat his ass all over. Then get him ready for practice - in pads.

mstatefan91
08-22-2018, 02:24 PM
..and here we go.. smh

If the person was concerned for the animal then they did the right thing. Don?t get angry at the messenger.

whosyourdawgy
08-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Way too early to bury him on this. Good Lord, the whole country has turned into this. Read something, lose your shit over it, and attack the person without knowing even truly what has happened.

- Does Story live somewhere that alllows lets?
- Is this a concerned neighbor or a pissed off neighbor that has to listen to a small horse run and bark all day over his/her head?
- Did he have someone checking on the dog? Did that person not show up?

I could go on. Bottom line. The dog is ok and no worse for wear. Get that damn small horse out an apartment and somewhere it can gallop a little. That’s the cruelest thing to me. Why in the hell have a GREAT DANE in an apartment? Boggles my mind

Liverpooldawg
08-22-2018, 03:46 PM

@Brett_Hudson
47s48 seconds ago
More

He is in trouble, and rightfully so.

I seen it dawg
08-22-2018, 03:48 PM
How about we let this play out and JoeMo make his statements before we throw the guy out of the human race. I have a dog that a few can vouch on here is pretty much my child so I get the anger but **** people calm the **** down and let's see what has really happened. People are really becoming stupid.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2018, 03:55 PM
How about we let this play out and JoeMo make his statements before we throw the guy out of the human race. I have a dog that a few can vouch on here is pretty much my child so I get the anger but **** people calm the **** down and let's see what has really happened. People are really becoming stupid.

This^^

Todd4State
08-22-2018, 04:14 PM
This is precisely the reason why I don't own a pet. I just don't have time to take care of it. And I would imagine that in Story's case he had to go through football camp and workouts for conditioning which is probably the main reason why his dog was in a room for a majority of the time. Just guessing based on the info I have at the time.

If this happens the way I envision it going down, I would move the dog to my parents house if I was in a similar situation.

GreenheadDawg
08-22-2018, 04:28 PM

Exactly. A few on here need to take a break for while. The ****ing internet and social media warriors we have now drive me insane.

BB30
08-22-2018, 04:33 PM
No college football player should have a dog at their appt during the fall unless you have someone in town that can care for it while your at practice etc. There is just no way you have enough time for one. Even if he was feeding/watering the dog it certainly wasn't getting out very much. Just leave it at home for a couple of months and get it back after the season.

LC Dawg
08-22-2018, 04:34 PM
This is precisely the reason why I don't own a pet. I just don't have time to take care of it. And I would imagine that in Story's case he had to go through football camp and workouts for conditioning which is probably the main reason why his dog was in a room for a majority of the time. Just guessing based on the info I have at the time.

If this happens the way I envision it going down, I would move the dog to my parents house if I was in a similar situation.

There are exceptions to every rule but for the most part college students, especially student athletes, do not need to own dogs or any pets. My daughter used to get so pissed because I told her she couldn't take care of a dog when she was at State but when she got one after she graduated she agreed with me. My youngest got a cat when she was in school and it now lives with me. They don't understand the time required to care for a dog and college students often lack the maturity it takes to make decisions that affect their selfishness.

timotheus
08-22-2018, 04:36 PM
No college football player should have a dog at their appt during the fall unless you have someone in town that can care for it while your at practice etc. There is just no way you have enough time for one. Even if he was feeding/watering the dog it certainly wasn't getting out very much. Just leave it at home for a couple of months and get it back after the season.

It appears that he and the GF broke up and he didn't want her to steal the dog so he kept it in his room all during camp. She is the person who turned him in.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 04:53 PM
It appears that he and the GF broke up and he didn't want her to steal the dog so he kept it in his room all during camp. She is the person who turned him in.

This just really adds to the narrative that ***** really is the root cause of all men's sins

Todd4State
08-22-2018, 05:10 PM
This just really adds to the narrative that ***** really is the root cause of all men's sins

Yeah but you have to leave the dog out of it.

Bully13
08-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Moral to the STORY: Dog shall not abuse Dog.

Todd4State
08-22-2018, 05:18 PM
There are exceptions to every rule but for the most part college students, especially student athletes, do not need to own dogs or any pets. My daughter used to get so pissed because I told her she couldn't take care of a dog when she was at State but when she got one after she graduated she agreed with me. My youngest got a cat when she was in school and it now lives with me. They don't understand the time required to care for a dog and college students often lack the maturity it takes to make decisions that affect their selfishness.

Exactly. I like dogs but it would be irresponsible of me to own one. People don't think about the work and responsibility it takes to keep them.

LC Dawg
08-22-2018, 05:21 PM

If this is true then he probably had food and water in the room but this was a very stupid decision and is very unfair to the animal. There are so many better options than this. That room had to be one godawful mess.

Bully13
08-22-2018, 05:23 PM
Exactly. I like dogs but it would be irresponsible of me to own one. People don't think about the work and responsibility it takes to keep them.

You got that right Todd. We are waiting. I wanna dog so bad, gotta be the right time though. in the interim, the 2 cats will have to do. But dogs are the best and most rewarding but WAY more demanding.

msbulldog
08-22-2018, 05:44 PM
You're really going out on a limb and assuming he has put a lot of time into this dog. It's not as simple as you make it seem to train that. Even with products.

I would think that if you are leaving your dog alone for 3-7 days with no food or water, you aren't spending the time to train it to do that.

Mississippi's animal cruelty laws are pathetic.

Have you never house broke a dog? How do you know how much time over how many years did Story spend with the dog? Do you know that the bedroom didn't have an adjoining bathroom with a commode that the dog could drink out of? Do you know that no food was left for the dog? If you don't know these things then don't make assumption, because you know what that makes.

msbulldog
08-22-2018, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a roommate tattled to the police. Not that I blame them but the article reads that way to me.

If the roommate turned Story in, I hope he is another Offensive Lineman! Otherwise that would not be prudent.

msbulldog
08-22-2018, 05:55 PM

Always the voice of reason! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I seen it dawg again.

Cooterpoot
08-22-2018, 06:17 PM

Justin Cox would’ve handled this.*

mstatefan91
08-22-2018, 06:34 PM
That’s big for his chances if the GF side of this story is true.

hailmari
08-22-2018, 07:41 PM
The story I’m hearing on Story makes it sound like a pretty unfornunate and dumb mistake on both his and gf’s part. Apparently, they had recently broke up and he’s been in the process of moving into another apartment while she went back home for several days. She allegedly told Mike that she’d be back on whatever day to get the dog so he left it at that apartment for her and thought nothing else of it. She ends up staying home longer than planned, and I guess they weren’t communicating so the dog was stuck there unfortunately. But when she did show up, she found the dog in whatever state it was in and raised hell with police.

Ari Gold
08-22-2018, 07:56 PM
Everyone chill out .. before we make the kid out to be Michael Vick let’s see what the whole story is .
CJM will handle this.

Todd4State
08-22-2018, 11:25 PM
The story I’m hearing on Story makes it sound like a pretty unfornunate and dumb mistake on both his and gf’s part. Apparently, they had recently broke up and he’s been in the process of moving into another apartment while she went back home for several days. She allegedly told Mike that she’d be back on whatever day to get the dog so he left it at that apartment for her and thought nothing else of it. She ends up staying home longer than planned, and I guess they weren’t communicating so the dog was stuck there unfortunately. But when she did show up, she found the dog in whatever state it was in and raised hell with police.

IF that's true, she's just as irresponsible as he is in this case. IMO.

mstatefan91
08-23-2018, 07:31 AM
Everyone chill out .. before we make the kid out to be Michael Vick let’s see what the whole story is .
CJM will handle this.

No. Must freak out. Must pick a side and stick to it no matter what.

StateDawg44
08-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Have you never house broke a dog? How do you know how much time over how many years did Story spend with the dog? Do you know that the bedroom didn't have an adjoining bathroom with a commode that the dog could drink out of? Do you know that no food was left for the dog? If you don't know these things then don't make assumption, because you know what that makes.

Chill with all the questions man, we aren't in court. My comments weren't really intended on bashing Story. They were more directed at your post I quoted acting like training a dog to go in a particular place is even remotely similar to just house breaking a dog. Regardless, a dog crapping and pissing in an apartment isn't the animal cruelty part in my eyes so your original comment I quoted is irrelevant I guess.

There is still a responsibility to his and her decisions to make sure the dog was taken care of. Plain and simple. Whatever they had previously arranged. It's as simple as a phone call. Both are just as guilty as the other, he just happened to be the one in possession of the dog so it falls more on him. Very unfortunate.

I'm not with PETA standing here with my pitchfork ready to burn the town down if some severe punishment isn't handed down. Don't act all high and mighty. I own two dogs and a cat and they are very well taken care of and it's not that hard to make sure that they are.

fader2103
08-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Saw on Starkville PD's Facebook page that he was arrested for traffic warrants....wonder how many he had? Got to pay them tickets, they don't just go away.

Johnson85
08-23-2018, 09:50 AM
Chill with all the questions man, we aren't in court. My comments weren't really intended on bashing Story. They were more directed at your post I quoted acting like training a dog to go in a particular place is even remotely similar to just house breaking a dog. Regardless, a dog crapping and pissing in an apartment isn't the animal cruelty part in my eyes so your original comment I quoted is irrelevant I guess.

There is still a responsibility to his and her decisions to make sure the dog was taken care of. Plain and simple. Whatever they had previously arranged. It's as simple as a phone call. Both are just as guilty as the other, he just happened to be the one in possession of the dog so it falls more on him. Very unfortunate.

I'm not with PETA standing here with my pitchfork ready to burn the town down if some severe punishment isn't handed down. Don't act all high and mighty. I own two dogs and a cat and they are very well taken care of and it's not that hard to make sure that they are.

If he actually communicated to her that the dog would be waiting on her at the apartment and she didn't show up for a few days, that's not really on him. Would have been better for him to call and confirm that she picked up the dog, but most people would reasonably expect that the person that didn't follow through with picking up the dog would be responsible for at least calling and letting him know. I don't confirm that my wife has picked up the kids every time she is supposed to. I expect she will call me if her plans change.

But there is obviously a lot of conflicting information going around, from he was hiding the dog so it wouldn't get stolen by her to he left the dog for her to pick up.

bulldawg28
08-23-2018, 10:11 AM

This all day. I wonder what the world would be like if people cared this much about human adults as they do animals?

ScoobaDawg
08-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Saw on Starkville PD's Facebook page that he was arrested for traffic warrants....wonder how many he had? Got to pay them tickets, they don't just go away.

Link? I think this is BS.. I don't see it any where...

fader2103
08-23-2018, 10:37 AM

Look under Aug. 20 post of the arrest made. No names but there is Cruelty to animals or some charge and traffic warrants on Lynn Lane

TXDawg
08-23-2018, 10:53 AM

https://www.facebook.com/starkvillepd/photos/pcb.1715338595231677/1715338298565040/?type=3&theater

StateDawg44
08-23-2018, 11:12 AM
If he actually communicated to her that the dog would be waiting on her at the apartment and she didn't show up for a few days, that's not really on him. Would have been better for him to call and confirm that she picked up the dog, but most people would reasonably expect that the person that didn't follow through with picking up the dog would be responsible for at least calling and letting him know. I don't confirm that my wife has picked up the kids every time she is supposed to. I expect she will call me if her plans change.

But there is obviously a lot of conflicting information going around, from he was hiding the dog so it wouldn't get stolen by her to he left the dog for her to pick up.

I completely agree.

But that's like saying I left some weed in my car for a friend and I didn't know they didn't get it out of my vehicle even though I told them to if you got pulled over. Doesn't fly. The dog was still in his possession and his responsibility in the laws eyes so the problem falls more in his lap unfortunately. I wish it had never happened but that's how it will be viewed and will play out if the rumors are correct.

Comparing the responsibility of picking up children on a daily basis and picking up a dog once aren't quite on the same level but I definitely get what you are saying.

Doggie_Style
08-23-2018, 12:43 PM
I completely agree.

But that's like saying I left some weed in my car for a friend and I didn't know they didn't get it out of my vehicle even though I told them to if you got pulled over. Doesn't fly. The dog was still in his possession and his responsibility in the laws eyes so the problem falls more in his lap unfortunately. I wish it had never happened but that's how it will be viewed and will play out if the rumors are correct.

Comparing the responsibility of picking up children on a daily basis and picking up a dog once aren't quite on the same level but I definitely get what you are saying.

The key word in this case in 'intent'. The prosecutors will have to prove that he intended to harm the animal. That will be hard to do. I wouldn't be surprised if the charges are dropped.

sandwolf
08-23-2018, 02:02 PM

Yea, those two scenarios are in no way alike.

BuckyIsAB****
08-23-2018, 04:27 PM
If he did what that paper said he did hes a dumbass and should be arrested for it. He will pay the price and move on.

msbulldog
08-23-2018, 05:54 PM
The key word in this case in 'intent'. The prosecutors will have to prove that he intended to harm the animal. That will be hard to do. I wouldn't be surprised if the charges are dropped.

Absolutely, excellent point! Rep given!

Jack Lambert
08-23-2018, 07:43 PM

If charges are dropped does he get back on the team even though he did it.