PDA

View Full Version : Will Jesse Jackson be a surprise player for us?

Todd4State
08-21-2018, 11:18 PM
I noticed that he is listed as a starter and based on the limited video I've seen he looks like he is taking things up a notch with regards to route running and precision.

BulldogBacker
08-21-2018, 11:37 PM
I noticed that he is listed as a starter and based on the limited video I've seen he looks like he is taking things up a notch with regards to route running and precision.

I am of the opinion that he will be much improved. He came to us hurt and this is the first year he will truly be healthy.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-22-2018, 06:19 AM
https://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mG4uL_PmuroBifv7EJY_0iA.jpg

tireddawg
08-22-2018, 07:32 AM
Hearing alot down here from his family. Sounds like he's in the best shape of his life.

thf24
08-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Being a possession guy, I think he'll benefit a lot from Getsy's improved coaching and more aggressive style of route running. Getting fully healthy can only help too.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 08:18 AM
I mean, he did lead the team in receiving last year.

Not the bar was set very high, but the point remains that Mullen targeted him because he mostly likely trusted him more than others.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Jackson have a great year & maybe even lead the team in receptions. I think Guidry & a few others will have more yards & TDs, but Jackson just may lead the team in receptions

Cooterpoot
08-22-2018, 08:51 AM
He's not going to put up big numbers because he's not a deep threat, but he's consistent.

starkvegasdawg
08-22-2018, 09:01 AM
He's not going to put up big numbers because he's not a deep threat, but he's consistent.

Right now if the word consistent can be used to describe our WR Corp in a good way then I'll be ecstatic.

LC Dawg
08-22-2018, 10:00 AM
I hope Jesse has a great year. He was highly thought of in high school and his knee injury really set him back. He's worked hard his entire time at State and has done whatever has been asked of him with no complaints.

Johnson85
08-22-2018, 10:14 AM

I'll be the debbie downer and say that if Jesse Jackson leads us in receptions that will be a sign that our WR corps struggled. We have several guys with more play making ability in the slot. Unless he is just now recovering from his knee injury (or injuries? Is he the guy that had back to back knee injuries?), we know he's not a deep threat.

So if he leads us in receptions that will be a sign that we weren't able to capitalize on guys like Dear, Thomas, and Mixon. If he leads us in yardage that will be a sign that neither Guidry or Whop emerged as a deep threat.

BeastMan
08-22-2018, 10:16 AM
He’s not a surprise. He’s our returning leading receiver. He’ll have a good year. Probably better than last year because he has help.

bostondawg
08-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Right now if the word consistent can be used to describe our WR Corp in a good way then I'll be ecstatic.

This.

Bothrops
08-22-2018, 02:05 PM
He's got velcro hands.

Pit Bull
08-22-2018, 07:20 PM

I listed him as my "break out" player for 2018 on a post by someone asking everyone who they would pick. I think I was the only one who listed Jesse. I just have a feeling about it.....not exactly sure why. He does have some experience and the physical tools. Most people picked Guidry, Hill, or Austin Williams. Hope I'm right.....would be a huge boost to get some serious production from Jesse at the WR spot.

Schultzy
08-22-2018, 08:17 PM
He's got velcro hands.

The previous staff has undervalued him for three years.