PDA

View Full Version : Since we all feel that our D will be bad ass, tell me

TaleofTwoDogs
08-21-2018, 08:24 PM
who will be the first team to score on us, and in what quarter and what type of play.

Kansas State, 2nd qtr, field goal (from a turnover)

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2018, 08:45 PM
I think K State gets a FG in. the 1st quarter. Maybe even a TD

The Wizard will come in with a good plan and misdirection us in the 1st quarter kind of like La Tech did last year. Once we figure out their plan though, it'll be lockdown city

Homedawg
08-21-2018, 09:24 PM
who will be the first team to score on us, and in what quarter and what type of play.

Kansas State, 2nd qtr, field goal (from a turnover)

While I think our defense is going to be good, even really good, some have lost perspective that we aren't Bama of the glory years. Pick a year.... we aren't going to hold opponents to 10 pts. Hell we gave up 30+ 4 times last year. 20+ to non conference teams. Now I'll sit and wait to hear it's on Mullen or Todd...
ETA, we should be better, one year older, and adding Rivers only helps. But still

msbulldog
08-22-2018, 06:49 AM
Don't forget Cole, he's going to be really good.

BrunswickDawg
08-22-2018, 07:30 AM
While I think our defense is going to be good, even really good, some have lost perspective that we aren't Bama of the glory years. Pick a year.... we aren't going to hold opponents to 10 pts. Hell we gave up 30+ 4 times last year. 20+ to non conference teams. Now I'll sit and wait to hear it's on Mullen or Todd...
ETA, we should be better, one year older, and adding Rivers only helps. But still

Alabama let the nation, again, with an 11.9 points a game average. That is insane. That is the lowest scoring average for any team since 2012 - when Bama averaged 10.9 a game. 2011 Bama was an unfathomable 8.2 pts given up a game. But, if this D performs on par with '99 we are looking at a 13 pts. a game given up. Is that attainable? I don't know. But I have a feeling we have a bunch of guys on the team who want to best Bama and show everyone they are as good or better.

smootness
08-22-2018, 09:36 AM
Stephen F. Austin, 2nd quarter.