PDA

View Full Version : Ruh Roh Jimbo

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2018, 04:51 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/08/21/texas-am-faces-ncaa-scrutiny-former-player-eligibility-jimbo-fisher/1052434002/

And we are off yet again.

If I'm an Ole Miss fan, I'm pissed if the NCAA doesn't set up camp in College Station

Tom Mars back at it

BrunswickDawg
08-21-2018, 05:47 PM
Tom Mars - going balls deep on another SECW coach. Give that man an honorary cowbell!

Leroy Jenkins
08-21-2018, 06:25 PM
And of course it mentions two Mississippi HS kids (Dean and Edwards)..... Silly Aggies, don't you know it takes more than a $400 and $300 handshake in this state. I thought everything was bigger in Texas.

99jc
08-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Jumbo fisher is a slimy piece of shit and will do anything to win. He is a bold faced liar....remember he said at media days he never said A&M was soft....he is an asshole Amd i hope he fails miserably. I hate him worse than any coach ole miss has ever had. Dang 17er hell is to good for him.

calidawg
08-21-2018, 06:37 PM
"Or he could seek a waiver from the NCAA, which this year approved a policy change that allows transfers to play immediately if there were ?documented mitigating circumstances that are outside student-athlete?s control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete.?

The change to the transfer rule was implemented in May to address the eligibility of six former Mississippi players, who said they were misled during their recruitment about the seriousness of the NCAA case against then-coach Hugh Freeze?s staff.

In the Ole Miss case, the players were granted waivers long after the school had been sanctioned. Marchiol?s case presents a new possibility ? that athletes could, in applying for a waiver, include allegations of improprieties within their former athletic program."

I did not realize that the NCAA implemented a new policy that allowed the OM athletes to transfer. Sounds like Mars is carving out a niche practice for himself in this area. This will be an interesting case study to watch.

BiscuitEater
08-22-2018, 05:50 AM
If I'm an Ole Miss fan, I'm pissed if the NCAA doesn't set up camp in College Station

Kidding right? OM is just d@mn lucky the NCAA didn't find much on Bradley Dale Peveto handing out $$$ while he was at Ole Miss .. just two years ago!

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 07:31 AM
Kidding right? OM is just d@mn lucky the NCAA didn't find much on Bradley Dale Peveto handing out $$$ while he was at Ole Miss .. just two years ago!

No not kidding at all.

As much as OM was cheating so are these other schools that are trying to and currently having success stealing Mississippi players.

As much as I hate OM, if the NCAA spent as much time on any SEC campus as they did at OM, they'd likely find something. Now that the NCAA has probable cause at A&M, if I were an OM fan, I'd be ticked if the NCAA didn't set up camp there.

The sport of college football is better when the NCAA does their jobs.

Behrdawg
08-22-2018, 07:35 AM
Jumbo fisher is a slimy piece of shit and will do anything to win. He is a bold faced liar....remember he said at media days he never said A&M was soft....he is an asshole Amd i hope he fails miserably. I hate him worse than any coach ole miss has ever had. Dang 17er hell is to good for him.

Dude. Back away from the keyboard.

thf24
08-22-2018, 07:50 AM
The NCAA might doom itself by coming after offenders hard and getting sued, but it's definitely going to doom itself if it continues to put its head in the sand and let this culture propagate.

hacker
08-22-2018, 08:08 AM
The other side of the coin is that if a player wants to transfer, he's now incentivized to make allegations. This can't be good long term for the NCAA.

TXDawg
08-22-2018, 08:10 AM
While I don't doubt that Jimbo is bending/breaking NCAA rules in the process of "changing the culture" at TAMU, I have trouble seeing Marchiol as the most credible witness in this situation. He was recruited and signed by Sumlin, is attempting to transfer to Sumlin's new school, and suddenly has dirt on the new staff at TAMU that he using to bolster his transfer request. Sounds all too convenient to me.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 08:11 AM
Unless there is collaborating evidence and even then this isn't going anywhere.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2018, 08:47 AM

damn bro...Did Jimbo mess around with your wife or something?

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 09:22 AM
damn bro...Did Jimbo mess around with your wife or something?

I lost all respect for Jimbo over the Jameis Winston ordeal.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-22-2018, 09:27 AM
I lost all respect for Jimbo over the Jameis Winston ordeal.

oh don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy at all but that guy seems to actually hate him.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 09:30 AM
oh don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy at all but that guy seems to actually hate him.

Jimbo wants to win and I think he will do what ever he has to do to do it. That kind of turns me off however I do give him credit taking care of his six child and ex wife. He really takes care of them both. My understanding it goes way beyond what the court said he had to do.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2018, 10:05 AM
After reading different stories & opinions on this situation, I believe it's a good thing.

Here is why:

I believe we all know that everyone cheats, but I also believe that we all want it to stop. When situations like this occur, it puts pressure on the coaching staffs at every school to stop cheating, stop cutting corners, & makes the entire of practice of doing such, that much more difficult.

I have no idea how credible this kid is, but I'm not sure it matters. What matters is that every coach at every institution in the country is a little less likely & worried about cheating today than they were yesterday.

That is a good thing. If the NCAA is not going to do it's job, then hopefully the threat of a disenfranchised ex-player & the media will apply enough pressure to where these coaches, boosters, etc think twice & cheating becomes that much more difficult

99jc
08-22-2018, 05:39 PM
I will tell you this then let it go I know the bastard personally and his deeds. What he covered up at FSU would make Baylor blush.

BulldogBear
08-23-2018, 12:10 AM
If Jimbo succeeds at TAMU I assure you it will have zero to do with recruiting or coaching. Only changing the culture can turn TAMU into a winner. That school still had Texas Football Overrated Disease (TFOD). More specifically, only when they begin to play SEC defense. Until then, all of this is just chaff in the wind.

Regarding the transfer stuff...Andre Ware gave the opinion that a coaching change should be considered reason to transfer and play immediately. I might agree but ONLY if transferring to the school the coach went to. Anything else is opening up a pandora's box.

Spiderman
08-23-2018, 08:20 AM
The coach accused of handing out the cash last coached at Ole Miss, hired by Freeze.

Ole Bradley Dale Preveto.

Wonder where he learned that "Faith Based" recruiting from?