PDA

View Full Version : Interesting scheduling tweet

msstate7
08-21-2018, 03:07 PM
https://s15.postimg.cc/uq5fl0al7/CF6862_FD-5_A98-4_E3_B-8_AD6-496_E38_FC2877.png (https://postimg.cc/image/y9rdatdav/)

https://twitter.com/scottdochterman/status/1031688846814138369?s=21

Cooterpoot
08-21-2018, 03:11 PM
If those conference teams took the weekly conference beatings like SEC teams, they wouldn't do it either. The SEC is smart.

Jarius
08-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Half of those other conference's p5 games are nothing more than glorified g5 games.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2018, 03:16 PM
Since the SEC has won 7 of the last ten NC that doesn't mean shit. Maybe they should be the ones taking notes.

dawgs
08-21-2018, 03:16 PM
I wish all P5 programs either only played other P5 programs or only had 1 slot for non-P5 programs.

Dawg61
08-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Some P5 games are a little stiffer than others. Bad post is bad 7.

TrapGame
08-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Not all P5 programs are the same. "If counting BYU as a P5 program..." is dead giveaway.

dawgs
08-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Since the SEC has won 7 of the last ten NC that doesn't mean shit. Maybe they should be the ones taking notes.

Alabama ain't the whole conference. I'm sure lots of programs could have 5 natties if they had the absolute best CFB coach in the modern era, probably ever, and that coach coached a roster of unprecedented talent according to crootin' rankings.

Look, sec is the best conference but playing the least number of meaningful games in the regular season is pretty shameful. Is playing Boston college any worse than playing Kentucky or ole miss or vandy many years?

dawgs
08-21-2018, 03:23 PM

Meh, every conference has garbage in the bottom quarter or bottom third of the league. Maybe vandy is marginally better than Maryland but neither should be a threat to the bama's or Ohio st's of the CFB world.

Even the middle of the sec has definitely dropped off from the peak of the late 00s and early 10s.

Cooterpoot
08-21-2018, 03:26 PM
Alabama ain't the whole conference. I'm sure lots of programs could have 5 natties if they had the absolute best CFB coach in the modern era, probably ever, and that coach coached a roster of unprecedented talent according to crootin' rankings.

Look, sec is the best conference but playing the least number of meaningful games in the regular season is pretty shameful. Is playing Boston college any worse than playing Kentucky or ole miss or vandy many years?

And what will you say when we're stuck playing the top end p5 programs because the SEC teams with more money buy the games with the lesser p5 teams. The SEC playing more P5s doesn't help us or the conference.

Johnson85
08-21-2018, 03:36 PM

We don't play the least number of meaningful games. The OOC games we play count the same as OOC games other teams play. It doesn't matter if your patsies are Power 5 of G5, it matters that they are patsies.

TUSK
08-21-2018, 03:38 PM
I kinda feel partial to these numbers:

CFP/BCS Records by Conference

SEC 15-5 (2 losses to SEC Programs)
Err Body else 12-21

The ACC is the 2nd most successful conference at 5-5...

msstate7
08-21-2018, 03:49 PM
6 team playoff
5 P5 champs
1 at large

#1 and #2 teams get 1st round bye.

Game 1: #6 vs #3
Game 2: #5 vs #4
Game 3: winner game 1 vs #1
Game 4: winner game 2 vs #2
National championship: winner game 3 vs winner game 4

Then all P5 teams stop playing garbage teams

TUSK
08-21-2018, 04:03 PM
6 team playoff
5 P5 champs
1 at large

#1 and #2 teams get 1st round bye.

Game 1: #6 vs #3
Game 2: #5 vs #4
Game 3: winner game 1 vs #1
Game 4: winner game 2 vs #2
National championship: winner game 3 vs winner game 4

Then all P5 teams stop playing garbage teams

Conf - #CFP Team
ACC - #1 Clemson
Big 12 - #2 Oklahoma
SEC - #3 UGA
At Large - #4 Bammer
Big Ten - #5 Ohio State
Pac 12 - #8 USC

3-UGA/6-USC vs 2-Okie
4-Bammer/5-Ohio State vs 1-Clemson

In short, Bammer beats Clemson then UGA... I like it.

Johnson85
08-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Meh, every conference has garbage in the bottom quarter or bottom third of the league. Maybe vandy is marginally better than Maryland but neither should be a threat to the bama's or Ohio st's of the CFB world.

Even the middle of the sec has definitely dropped off from the peak of the late 00s and early 10s.

Every conference has garbage at the bottom. The difference is between the SEC and other conferences is the middle. The SEC is as top heavy as I can ever remember it being, and the drop off is huge compared to most years, and we are still probably competitive with the other Power 5 team by team. Take out the top four of the SEC this year (hopefully that's Bama/UGA/Aub/MSU) and you will have some order of UF/A&M/USCe/UK/MIzzou/LSU filling out the next four. Does that look worse than the 5th through 8th team of any other conference this year?

Johnson85
08-21-2018, 04:37 PM
Just to compare the average FPI of the Top 4, Middle 4, Next 4, the restt, if applicable
SEC - 6.75, 23.25, 44.25, 68
Big10 - 8.5, 29, 58.5, 74
ACC - 13.75, 32.5, 47.25, 63.5
Pac 12 - 14.5, 35.5, 70.25
Big 12 - 17.75, 38.5, 66 (only two in last group)

Preseason FPI is obviously not the best way to compare, but since it largely relies on the previous years results, I think it's probably decent. Basically the Big 10 can complain if they are playing a much harder OOC schedule than SEC teams, but for the other conferences, they either get a break at the top or a break at the bottom, or in the case of the Pac 12, both.

MaroonFlounder
08-21-2018, 04:48 PM
How does Arkansas only play 8 P5 teams? Every SEC team is supposed to play 9. Eight SEC games and 1 OOC P5.

Johnson85
08-21-2018, 04:57 PM
How does Arkansas only play 8 P5 teams? Every SEC team is supposed to play 9. Eight SEC games and 1 OOC P5.

I am guessing they already had schedule limitations when the rule was announced and they appropriately told the SEC to 17 off. What we should have done rather than having 6 home games in 2016 although I'm not sure how much of that was trying to fit BYU in versus us just getting bitin the ass by Lonnie Tinkle's stupid contract with Tulane.

Todd4State
08-21-2018, 04:58 PM

I think they had a P5 school lined up for this year that backed out on them.

Dawg61
08-21-2018, 05:01 PM

Ole Miss doesn't count as a P5 school vs them

Liverpooldawg
08-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Other conferences schedule Power 5s to make up for their weak conference schedule. The SEC doesn't have to do that.

mparkerfd20
08-21-2018, 05:38 PM
These numbers are wrong. All SEC teams play at least 9. 8 conference and at least 1 P5.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-21-2018, 05:43 PM
The first response from these guys when an SEC person replies and makes the argument that most SEC schedules are still more difficult is always more or less "I never mentioned strength of schedule one time in my tweet learn to read, hick". What's the point of tweeting a stat like that if you aren't trying to imply the SEC plays a weaker schedule than other conferences?

dawgs
08-21-2018, 05:49 PM
Every conference has garbage at the bottom. The difference is between the SEC and other conferences is the middle. The SEC is as top heavy as I can ever remember it being, and the drop off is huge compared to most years, and we are still probably competitive with the other Power 5 team by team. Take out the top four of the SEC this year (hopefully that's Bama/UGA/Aub/MSU) and you will have some order of UF/A&M/USCe/UK/MIzzou/LSU filling out the next four. Does that look worse than the 5th through 8th team of any other conference this year?

It certainly doesn't look better this year or even last year imo. Maybe marginally better at best, but hardly anything to really brag about.

dawgs
08-21-2018, 05:49 PM
We don't play the least number of meaningful games. The OOC games we play count the same as OOC games other teams play. It doesn't matter if your patsies are Power 5 of G5, it matters that they are patsies.

Are you more interested in Stephen f Austin or Kansas st?

dawgs
08-21-2018, 05:58 PM
The first response from these guys when an SEC person replies and makes the argument that most SEC schedules are still more difficult is always more or less "I never mentioned strength of schedule one time in my tweet learn to read, hick". What's the point of tweeting a stat like that if you aren't trying to imply the SEC plays a weaker schedule than other conferences?

I think a lot of people's arguments revolve around the fact that if all your big Ws are only against other teams that are playing a similar schedule, then it becomes circular as to who is the best. We beat bama, that looks really good, but if bama hasn't proven to be good outside of our sec circle, at hard to really tell if they are elite or just good.

You can say that about most programs though, but the sec almost always averages the least number of games per team against P5 programs, both factoring in and out of conference games. Big 12 is usually pretty low, but big 10, acc, and pac 12 almost always have far more P5 games per school than the sec.

I don't really know why the sec doesn't go to 9 conference games and keep 1 P5 ooc game. I'd like to play teams in the east more than once a decade (minus Kentucky obviously). I don't even feel like we are really in the same conference as some of the east teams we haven't played in years. Kinda ridiculous to go as long as we do between playing cross-division programs really.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2018, 09:20 PM
I think a lot of people's arguments revolve around the fact that if all your big Ws are only against other teams that are playing a similar schedule, then it becomes circular as to who is the best. We beat bama, that looks really good, but if bama hasn't proven to be good outside of our sec circle, at hard to really tell if they are elite or just good.

You can say that about most programs though, but the sec almost always averages the least number of games per team against P5 programs, both factoring in and out of conference games. Big 12 is usually pretty low, but big 10, acc, and pac 12 almost always have far more P5 games per school than the sec.

I don't really know why the sec doesn't go to 9 conference games and keep 1 P5 ooc game. I'd like to play teams in the east more than once a decade (minus Kentucky obviously). I don't even feel like we are really in the same conference as some of the east teams we haven't played in years. Kinda ridiculous to go as long as we do between playing cross-division programs really.

SEC teams play 9 P5's and they play 10P5s. That's only one game difference. Hell we could swap LA Tech for Indiana or SFA for Kansas.We would then play 10 P5s like them. That would not mean shit. To add there are only eight other teams who has to play Bama every year. Let those other school do that. That tweet is all about our ***** hurts.

IMissJack
08-21-2018, 09:29 PM
It takes 2 teams to make a schedule. How many BIG teams want to schedule a home and home with the top half of SEC?

WPS
08-21-2018, 09:51 PM
I think they had a P5 school lined up for this year that backed out on them.

Yep. We were supposed to play Michigan in Ann Arbor this year but they backed out to play Notre Dame so we got a waiver to play @ Colorado State. Colorado State comes back to Fayetteville next year instead of Michigan as well, then we play Notre Dame in 2020.

Probably a good thing we aren?t playing them this year.

Ezsoil
08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
I kinda feel partial to these numbers:

CFP/BCS Records by Conference

SEC 15-5 (2 losses to SEC Programs)
Err Body else 12-21

The ACC is the 2nd most successful conference at 5-5...

And what is most impressive in my mind is that those championships are spread between 5 different teams and GA would have made 6 ...and three of the 5 have multiple championships.

dawgs
08-21-2018, 11:50 PM
And what is most impressive in my mind is that those championships are spread between 5 different teams and GA would have made 6 ...and three of the 5 have multiple championships.

And none of those non-bama programs have won a natty since 2010. Time to stop riding Tebow's and $cam's coattails as an example of the sec strength and depth in the late 2010s.

TUSK
08-22-2018, 12:59 AM
And none of those non-bama programs have won a natty since 2010. Time to stop riding Tebow's and $cam's coattails as an example of the sec strength and depth in the late 2010s.

Sans Bammer, the SEC would have almost as many NCs as they do with Bammer...

At minimum, Florida (09), LSU (11) and UGA (12 & 17) would have 4 more between them in years that Bammer won the thing... (perhaps more, but I ain't lookin' it up right now...)

Ezsoil
08-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Dude, 7 years is not living in the DISTANT past... especially since 2 of the years had all SEC championships...it's not close by any measure ...take Alabama out of the conversation and the SEC is STILL the deepest conference

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 09:28 AM
Dude, 7 years is not living in the DISTANT past... especially since 2 of the years had all SEC championships...it's not close by any measure ...take Alabama out of the conversation and the SEC is STILL the deepest conference

I think the SEC would have still won some of those NC. I know last year if Bama was left out GA would have won it. At that point of the season Bama was the only team that was going to beat GA.

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2018, 10:06 AM
"Bad 7" is 99.7% better than your best post. He saw something posted that presents stats that make the SEC like in a bad light. But it's not always what things seem. But it's an interesting discussion point when we are still over a week from kickoff.

Writer is shady though for his saying SEC has noone with 10 and ark has 8. Skips over everyone in the conference (but Arkansas evidently) having 9.

Should we be required to play another P5 each year instead of our FCS or non-p5 opponent? I don't see that happening by the SEC ever with the success the conference is happening.. and I don't see the NCAA wanting to stop in and further the divide in P5 vs non-PF. At that point you are getting close to splitting them into completely different divisions.

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2018, 10:12 AM

They got a waiver evidently because Michigan changed their minds and bought out the contract.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/2018-schedule-announced/

Arkansas’ non-conference schedule features a trip to Colorado State on Sept. 8. The Rams will return the home-and-home to Arkansas in 2019. The series with Colorado State replaces Arkansas’ originally scheduled home-and-home with Michigan that was set for 2018 and 2019. Michigan bought out of the two-game contract in July 2016. Thanks to SEC approval of a waiver submitted by Arkansas, the games against Colorado State will satisfy the league requirement for games against a non-conference Power 5 opponent in both the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Dawg61
08-22-2018, 10:33 AM
"Bad 7" is 99.7% better than your best post.

Well this is totally false. 99.7% of 7's posts are Braves jerk off posts. I guess if you're a Braves cuckold you'd consider them better than my posts. Your best post of all-time was the time you edited a tweet to embed it.

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2018, 10:39 AM
I have no idea what that even means. LSU is playing Miami, right?

Johnson85
08-22-2018, 10:43 AM
It certainly doesn't look better this year or even last year imo. Maybe marginally better at best, but hardly anything to really brag about.

At what is very likely the trough of a cycle, we are basically the same or a little better than the other best conferences. I don't know about bragging about it, but it does point confirm that an SEC schedule with 8 SEC games and a Power 5 game will be as hard or harder on average than other conference schedules, even if they play 10 Power 5 games because so many of their Power 5 games will be against weak competition.

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2018, 10:43 AM
I have no idea what that even means. LSU is playing Miami, right?

Yes. that means they have 9 P-5 games... like everyone else in the conference (minus arkansas.)

Lord McBuckethead
08-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Alright I finally get it. SEC also doesn't get to play against their conferences week in and out.

Johnson85
08-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Are you more interested in Stephen f Austin or Kansas st?

That's a stupid question. Other teams aren't trading out their FCS games, they are essentially trading a G5 game for a Power 5 game. So the question is am I more interested in a game versus La Tech or a game versus Colorado/Illinois/Kansas/Rutgers/Indiana/Maryland/Oregon State/UVA. And the answer is marginally? But not because they are better games; they mostly won't be. Just because it's slightly more appealing to beat up on a Power 5 team than an equally talented G5 team.

Jack Lambert
08-22-2018, 11:00 AM
That's a stupid question. Other teams aren't trading out their FCS games, they are essentially trading a G5 game for a Power 5 game. So the question is am I more interested in a game versus La Tech or a game versus Colorado/Illinois/Kansas/Rutgers/Indiana/Maryland/Oregon State/UVA. And the answer is marginally? But not because they are better games; they mostly won't be. Just because it's slightly more appealing to beat up on a Power 5 team than an equally talented G5 team.

In many years LA Tech would beat those teams.

TUSK
08-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Well this is totally false. 99.7% of 7's posts are Braves jerk off posts. I guess if you're a Braves cuckold you'd consider them better than my posts. Your best post of all-time was the time you edited a tweet to embed it.

I didn't think there was any way you would struggle as badly here as you did on the Poli Board.

I apologize for underestimating you.

Dawg61
08-22-2018, 11:27 AM
I didn't think there was any way you would struggle as badly here as you did on the Poli Board.

I apologize for underestimating you.

If Scooba & the 6some Trumpster conbots stalking all of my posts on the mainboard is struggling to you then ok bud.

TUSK
08-22-2018, 11:33 AM
If Scooba & the 6some Trumpster conbots stalking all of my posts on the mainboard is struggling to you then ok bud.

keeeeeeeep diggin'....

Peace.

Dawg61
08-22-2018, 11:35 AM
keeeeeeeep diggin'....

Peace.

keeeeeeeeep being bored on the poli board

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2018, 11:58 AM

Nobody is stalking you. You post stupid sh!t you get called out for it.

Go find a safe space somewhere else you mental midget.

Dawg61
08-22-2018, 12:25 PM
Nobody is stalking you. You post stupid sh!t you get called out for it.

Go find a safe space somewhere else you mental midget.

That's funny. You created a safe space for your herd of conbots cause they kept crying to you for it. Same ones constantly crying about social media being unfair to repubs. Hahahahahahaha you in bed now.

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2018, 01:02 PM
That's funny. You created a safe space for your herd of conbots cause they kept crying to you for it. Same ones constantly crying about social media being unfair to repubs. Hahahahahahaha you in bed now.

You were nothing but an out of control troll on that board. B!tch all you want but not one person has complained that you were removed. I can assure you that is no safe space for anyone, free discussion has and will continue there and the quality has improved without you.

I'm in bed? No. I'm at work. About to take my lunch break. Do you have a job?

TUSK
08-22-2018, 01:03 PM

Personal question, and if ya don't wanna answer, that's cool...

How old are you and what is your educational background?

Thanks.

QuadrupleOption
08-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Writer is shady though for his saying SEC has noone with 10 and ark has 8. Skips over everyone in the conference (but Arkansas evidently) having 9.

Writer is also shady for bitching about SEC scheduling when he has to include BYU and Boise State in non-SEC school's schedules to make his point.

Dawg61
08-22-2018, 01:07 PM
You were nothing but an out of control troll on that board. B!tch all you want but not one person has complained that you were removed. I can assure you that is no safe space for anyone, free discussion has and will continue there and the quality has improved without you.

I'm not bitching at all about you banning me 4 minutes after you said you'd give me 6 hours to defend myself. I am laughing at you saying I need a safe space when you are the one that created exactly that for 007, Bully and the other flock of conbots. In bed means you're in bed with them bud. You're their buddy.