PDA

View Full Version : Student tickets...HELP

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-21-2018, 09:39 AM
Can someone tell me how to order student tickets? Doing it for the first time for my daughter. If you signed up for Hail State Rewards you can order tickets today starting at 8:30. We did that.

Here are the instructions it gives:

If this is your first time purchasing student season tickets, follow the steps below to activate your student DogTag account prior to purchasing.

Steps:
Click the PURCHASE TICKETS NOW link below these instructions.
Click ?Register? enter your Student ID and click Activate
On the next page enter and confirm a password and update your contact info. Click Next after finished updating.
Under the header Football Student Tickets, click Find Tickets
Enter 1 in the quantity box, then click Add to Cart
Choose Magstripe Student ID as the delivery method, then Click Checkout
On the Payment Screen it will default to ?Accounts Receivable?, if you would like to use a credit/debt card select the button ?Change Payment Method? (Enter all necessary info)
Click ? Place Your Order? (you should then be taken to a confirmation screen)

>>(Returning Buyers)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

First off there is no PURCHASE TICKETS NOW link below the instructions. You CAN click on >>(Returning Buyers), so I did that. I does take me to the correct page to set up Dogtag.

Here's what I've done:
> Signed up for Hail State Rewards
> Registered her student ID and activated it
> Entered and confirmed password and updated contact info.

I get down to the line where it says, "Under the header Football Student Tickets, click Find Tickets", but I don't see this header.
All I see is "Students" but when I hover over it there is nothing under it. I click on "Students" and it takes me to a page that says Football Student Season Tickets and On Sale on 8/23 at 8:30. (Remember, If you sign up for HS Rewards you can order today/I did that/I can log in to HS Rewards and see info/points, etc.)

I can also hover over "Tickets" and "Buy Tickets" comes up. When I click on Buy Tickets it allows me to buy tickets, but not student tickets.

I'm sorry this is so long, but appreciate anyone that could help me out. Thanks!

dawgwhisperer
08-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Can someone tell me how to order student tickets? Doing it for the first time for my daughter. If you signed up for Hail State Rewards you can order tickets today starting at 8:30. We did that.

Here are the instructions it gives:

If this is your first time purchasing student season tickets, follow the steps below to activate your student DogTag account prior to purchasing.

Steps:
Click the PURCHASE TICKETS NOW link below these instructions.
Click ?Register? enter your Student ID and click Activate
On the next page enter and confirm a password and update your contact info. Click Next after finished updating.
Under the header Football Student Tickets, click Find Tickets
Enter 1 in the quantity box, then click Add to Cart
Choose Magstripe Student ID as the delivery method, then Click Checkout
On the Payment Screen it will default to ?Accounts Receivable?, if you would like to use a credit/debt card select the button ?Change Payment Method? (Enter all necessary info)
Click ? Place Your Order? (you should then be taken to a confirmation screen)

>>(Returning Buyers)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

First off there is no PURCHASE TICKETS NOW link below the instructions. You CAN click on >>(Returning Buyers), so I did that. I does take me to the correct page to set up Dogtag.

Here's what I've done:
> Signed up for Hail State Rewards
> Registered her student ID and activated it
> Entered and confirmed password and updated contact info.

I get down to the line where it says, "Under the header Football Student Tickets, click Find Tickets", but I don't see this header.
All I see is "Students" but when I hover over it there is nothing under it. I click on "Students" and it takes me to a page that says Football Student Season Tickets and On Sale on 8/23 at 8:30. (Remember, If you sign up for HS Rewards you can order today/I did that/I can log in to HS Rewards and see info/points, etc.)

I can also hover over "Tickets" and "Buy Tickets" comes up. When I click on Buy Tickets it allows me to buy tickets, but not student tickets.

I'm sorry this is so long, but appreciate anyone that could help me out. Thanks!

why are you doing it for your daughter? School doesn't start until tomorrow, she isn't too busy to figure it out. Tell her to ask a friend for help if she has trouble.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-21-2018, 10:34 AM
why are you doing it for your daughter? School doesn't start until tomorrow, she isn't too busy to figure it out. Tell her to ask a friend for help if she has trouble.

You seriously took the time to write a post to chastise me for trying to help my daughter. Bite me.

StateDawg44
08-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Can she not just go by the ticket office and charge them to her account?

That's how it worked when I was there. It took 5 minutes.

StarkVegasSteve
08-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Can she not just go by the ticket office and charge them to her account?

That's how it worked when I was there. It took 5 minutes.

They've moved everything online now. I remember the first year they moved away from physical tickets and moved everything online it was a real pain because they didn't explain it very well and the load times were ridiculous. But it made it a lot easier than having to keep up with an actual ticket

msudawglb
08-21-2018, 12:19 PM
You seriously took the time to write a post to chastise me for trying to help my daughter. Bite me.

I wanted to do the same thing. My son is a freshman at MSU and he figured it out. If he can, anyone can.

DawgFromOxford
08-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Edit: If this is the first time student tickets have been ordered with her account you will need to click the "First Time Buyer" link.
https://hailstate.com/sports/2011/7/22/205237902.aspx

1. Log into her account. At the top of the page should be the headings "Tickets" "My Dog Tag" "Applications" "Students" "Bulldog Club" "Contact"
2. Click "Students". This should load a page with a window for Football Student Tickets.
3. Click "Find Tickets"
4. A new window should load where you can buy the ticket. Enter "1" into the quantity and click Add to Cart.
5. The checkout window should load. Here you can either pay with a credit card or just add the charge onto her student account (Accounts Receivable) and pay it later.

Note: If you are trying to do this on a phone, trying doing it on an actual computer.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2018, 01:09 PM

I agree. What he hell?

BearcatBully
08-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Also, you had to sign up for Hail State Rewards by a certain date? Not sure if you had just signed up today or did it earlier?

msu15
08-21-2018, 01:43 PM
They've moved everything online now. I remember the first year they moved away from physical tickets and moved everything online it was a real pain because they didn't explain it very well and the load times were ridiculous. But it made it a lot easier than having to keep up with an actual ticket

When I was there is when we they did that stupid "Tents for Tickets" fiasco. It took HOURS for everyone to get their tickets that Saturday.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2018, 01:45 PM
When I was there is when we they did that stupid "Tents for Tickets" fiasco. It took HOURS for everyone to get their tickets that Saturday.

When I was a student I worked as a dispatcher for the campus police. I got into games free.

StarkVegasSteve
08-21-2018, 02:01 PM

Tents for Tickets was a black eye for the marketing dept for years. That was the biggest cluster I've ever seen

RocketDawg
08-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Tents for Tickets was a black eye for the marketing dept for years. That was the biggest cluster I've ever seen

What was that all about? Never heard of it. Was it under Templeton?

StarkVegasSteve
08-21-2018, 03:02 PM

It was a Scott Stricklin idea. It was on Saturday and bid day for fraternities was on that Friday night and most went straight from bid day parties to camp out.........it was as disastrous as you can imagine it would be.

msu15
08-22-2018, 11:32 AM

Not exaggerating, it took about 6-7 hours of waiting in line to get your tickets that day.

viverlibre
08-22-2018, 05:33 PM

Its pretty standard now for parents to get overly involved in their kids lives and that continues into adulthood. Lord help us.

My parents had no idea of my whereabouts from about the age of 15 on and never expressed much concern. I joined the AF, went to college, got a job and got married with zero parental involvement. And I'm not alone, that pretty much everyone's story who was born prior to 1970 (and many after).