PDA

View Full Version : Shoop post-scrimmage

Leroy Jenkins
08-20-2018, 07:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZ7LL7AcvY

He said the DBs are better than we give them credit for.... "14 practices nearly 30 picks".

Que the "our offense is turning it over too much" crowd. I'm not too concerned, at this point in practice the DBs can probably run the routes with the receivers.

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Either we're going up be really really good or these coaches missed their calling and should be salesmen.

Jack Lambert
08-20-2018, 07:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZ7LL7AcvY

He said the DBs are better than we give them credit for.... "14 practices nearly 30 picks".

Que the "our offense is turning it over too much" crowd. I'm not too concerned, at this point in practice the DBs can probably run the routes with the receivers.

When you go up against the same offense everyday you figure out what to do each play. You learn how to read each offensive player. You have all the advantages. A defense going up against it the first time will not have those advantages.

Dental Dawg33
08-20-2018, 07:36 PM
Our defensive front is going to create a lot of opportunities for our secondary.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2018, 07:37 PM
Either we're going up be really really good or these coaches missed their calling and should be salesmen.

Truer words have never been spoken.

maroonmania
08-20-2018, 07:37 PM

Seems all this positivity from the coaching staff just keeps putting added pressure on the team and coaches as they keep raising the fanbase's expectations. Going to be a lot of disappointment to go around if we aren't REALLY good.

Leroy Jenkins
08-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Every time I watch Shoop I think about Ricky Bobby "I'm not sure what to do with my hands".

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2018, 07:43 PM
Seems all this positivity from the coaching staff just keeps putting added pressure on the team and coaches as they keep raising the fanbase's expectations. Going to be a lot of disappointment to go around if we aren't REALLY good.

Or OR this group knows they have something special in that building.

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 07:49 PM

Expectations are my biggest concern for this team. We're accustomed to hunting now we'll be the hunted. Imo that's what happened to the 2014 team after being #1. This team is different though with the defensive leadership. Defensive leadership in my experience seems to keep things focused. Also this team seems complete versus than the 14 being offensive dependent. I'm definitely talking more trash to other fanbases . Im almost convinced me we're the team to beat.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2018, 08:38 PM

Sheesh

TrapGame
08-20-2018, 08:52 PM
I read a PJ interview with Shoop last week. He asked Shoop where he'd rank this defense. Shoop said they were the most similar to his first Penn State defense. They were experienced, had gone through multiple DCs and were easy to teach. But, he said this defense has more talent across the board.

BuckyIsAB****
08-20-2018, 08:59 PM
This team is going to be great. Not sure how great. But 9 wins is the bottom and I would be slightly disappointed with it.

Barring injuries or some heartbreaking losses to good teams

Lord McBuckethead
08-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Alright, this has to be said. That screen behind them is garbage. People with siezure issues do not need to watch that due to the flicker. The refresh rate of that screen is poor and it messes with the cell phone cameras due to the refresh rates overlapping. Got to either get it fixed or go back to the drawing board.

**Assumed prior to watching video.**

Lord McBuckethead
08-20-2018, 09:48 PM
After watching this video, the camera used looked better than all of the other ones. The backdrop doesn't look bad in this one. Maybe the athletic department needs to limit all videos and share their official one with all the media from now on.

Todd4State
08-20-2018, 10:15 PM

I think it depends on how you handle not meeting your expectations. One way to look at it is "failure". The other way to look at it is "what did we not do right, what did we learn, and how do we fix it?"

Dawg61
08-20-2018, 10:53 PM

Lol video has 87 views and 82 of them are from you guys. Relax.

Dallas_Dawg
08-20-2018, 11:02 PM
Our defensive front is going to create a lot of opportunities for our secondary.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Lord McBuckethead
08-21-2018, 09:30 AM
I believe the coaching staff is really liking the attitude of the team. The expectation is to be competitive, efficient, and explosive. The coaches keep saying exactly the same talking points, over and over again in every interview setting. Good to great. Precision. Explosive plays. Turnover Margin. Then they proceed to talk about how great the team is doing. Can't wait until the season starts and seeing this staff talk up our playmakers vesus Mullen discussing Tebow 10 years after the fact.

Right now is when you start building a heismen candidate. Build up Aeris, Hill, Guildry, Fitz, every chance you get. We need ESPN to talk more about our players than just one guy each side of the ball.
You wonder why they talk about the other SEC teams the entire time we are playing them. OM last year they talked about their WR and Shae Shae almost the entire game. LSU they talked about that dude that missed the first games and White the entire game. They do that because the staffs at those locations bring up those players all the time. Building a reference system for the ESPN guys to use throughout the season.

Right now these are the players based on last season ESPN would discuss this year

Defense

Simmons
Sweat
McLauren

Offense
Fitz

Now during our offseason we have expanded that discussion to other players as well. Hill, Guildry, Austin Williams, Whop, Erroll, Murphy, Rivers a little
Point being, the new staff is discussing these new play makers early and often.

Another thing to mention is that our team opened some eyes last year when we beat Louisville without our starting QB and without a coaching staff. That displayed a level of player determination that wasn't always apparent through our many challenges with Mullen here. ESPN and other media personnel already had Louisville winning that game and then our skeleton crew went out there and handled them.

When we start putting up numbers I hope our staff continue to put our current and next marque players in the spotlight at every opportunity.
I want Guildry to be as well known as Julio Jones at Bama during his run.

msu15
08-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Sheesh

HAHAHA