PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to KS State game?

IMissJack
08-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Where is the best place to stay around Manhattan?

Jack Lambert
08-20-2018, 10:40 AM
I have a hotel in Topeka. Still not sure if I am going or not.

Pit Bull
08-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Have plans to.....but I broke my foot and probably won't now. If anyone needs a ticket, make me an offer....will let it go cheap! I was to stay in Junction City, Kansas Fri. night, and then start heading back to Springfield, MO after the game so my Sunday drive wouldn't be so dang long back to Memphis.

RocketDawg
08-20-2018, 02:22 PM
No. Not even going to Lexington and it's a lot closer than Manhattan. The trips to Starkville are getting to be a chore at my age anyway.

IMissJack
08-20-2018, 03:02 PM
I willl probably stay in Ok City if I go from Houston. It is about 4 hours from there.

notoriousdog
08-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Going with a group of 10 and we are staying at the Bluemont Hotel. It looks like they fully booked for the weekend though.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Staying in Topeka Friday night and probably KC Saturday night before flying out Sunday morning.

I am Jack's failing liver
08-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Junction City is gross BTW.

DAWGS1
08-20-2018, 06:43 PM
The BlueMont is the place to stay but it’s expensive and booked up
as someone said.
If I go, probably stay in KC although not looking forward to the early AM drive over.
If anyone is going to be there Friday night, Aggieville is supposed to the bar/restaurant area.
At least according to a local.
I’ll probany end up watching from the confines of my couch with Bloody Mary in hand .

08-20-2018, 08:41 PM
The BlueMont is the place to stay but it’s expensive and booked up
as someone said.
If I go, probably stay in KC although not looking forward to the early AM drive over.
If anyone is going to be there Friday night, Aggieville is supposed to the bar/restaurant area.
At least according to a local.
I’ll probany end up watching from the confines of my couch with Bloody Mary in hand .

Aggieville is the bar "district". Caddie corner from campus, but all the way across from the football stadium. I believe there's shuttles to and from the stadium and Aggieville, but you'll want to confirm.

Belegal
08-20-2018, 09:12 PM
Sheraton 4 points- I think team hotel too???

Pit Bull
08-20-2018, 10:37 PM
Junction City is gross BTW.

Probably will never see it, but it had a decent $50 per night hotel and only 18 miles from Manhattan. I don't party. I don't drink. Don't smoke. And don't do recreational drugs. I always go back home immediately after the game unless someone asks me to stop by a tailgate. I only want a hotel to sleep in.....nothing else. If I splurge, it would likely be for a bowl game. I'll take your word that it's gross, but like I said.....I was only going to spend the night there.

08-21-2018, 01:54 AM
Probably will never see it, but it had a decent $50 per night hotel and only 18 miles from Manhattan. I don't party. I don't drink. Don't smoke. And don't do recreational drugs. I always go back home immediately after the game unless someone asks me to stop by a tailgate. I only want a hotel to sleep in.....nothing else. If I splurge, it would likely be for a bowl game. I'll take your word that it's gross, but like I said.....I was only going to spend the night there.

I'm not sure how you cope, but otherwise, you're probably fine staying there.

Choctaw Dawg
08-21-2018, 11:50 PM
I'll be there, staying with a friend of an aunt who used to work in the Curriculum department at state and is now working at Kansas State. sitting in the visiting section, section 21.