PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football: Who Should Be the Top 5 Taken?!

No BS Dawg
08-19-2018, 06:47 PM
I'd say the following...

1. Le'Veon Bell- Pittsburgh
2. Todd Gurley- LA Rams
3. Ezekiel Elliott- Dallas
4. David Johnson- Arizona
5. Antonio Brown- Pittsburgh

What say you?

Homedawg
08-19-2018, 07:43 PM
I'd say the following...

2. Todd Gurley- LA Rams

What say you?

That's how my draft went exactly. I love Barkley. He went 8th. I would have taken him 6th but I had the 11the pick.

Hot Rock
08-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Who is drafting this early? Don't you know guys get hurt in preseason.

Homedawg
08-19-2018, 08:00 PM
Who is drafting this early? Don't you know guys get hurt in preseason.

Hard to get 12 guys together had to. Was only date

BorneDawg
08-19-2018, 08:44 PM
In my league you can keep one player off last year's roster if you want. Who would you keep? Or would you keep any of these? (It counts as your 1st round pick)I know not the most stellar bunch but it was what it was by end of season.... So what say ye....
Tom Brady
Julio Jones
LeSean McCoy
Dak Prescott
Tyreek Hill
Hunter Henry
Evan Engram
Doug Baldwin

Homedawg
08-19-2018, 08:48 PM
In my league you can keep one player off last year's roster if you want. Who would you keep? Or would you keep any of these? (It counts as your 1st round pick)I know not the most stellar bunch but it was what it was by end of season.... So what say ye....
Tom Brady
Julio Jones
LeSean McCoy
Dak Prescott
Tyreek Hill
Hunter Henry
Evan Engram
Doug Baldwin

Depends on scoring.

bulldogsmsu
08-19-2018, 08:54 PM
Tom Brady
Julio Jones
LeSean McCoy
Dak Prescott
Tyreek Hill
Hunter Henry
Evan Engram
Doug Baldwin

Julio Jones. No one else.

BorneDawg
08-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Wish I could just Screenshot and post but
Passing - 30 yds/pt with 1 pt @200yds
Rushing - 10 yds/pt with 10 pt @200yds
Receiving - 10 yds/pt with 10 pt @ 200yds
1pt per reception
What other info?
It's thru yahoo

Homedawg
08-19-2018, 09:10 PM
Wish I could just Screenshot and post but
Passing - 30 yds/pt with 1 pt @200yds
Rushing - 10 yds/pt with 10 pt @200yds
Receiving - 10 yds/pt with 10 pt @ 200yds
1pt per reception
What other info?
It's thru yahoo

Pts per td? 6 or 4? Some give passing 6 and if so that makes Brady a logical choice. But otherwise it's Jones.

Homedawg
08-19-2018, 09:11 PM
The ppr makes it jones though. Go w him.

BorneDawg
08-19-2018, 09:13 PM
It's 6 per any td

viverlibre
08-19-2018, 09:22 PM
For the first three picks, its best to get your kicker, defense and TE out of the way, then you can concentrate on the QBs, RBs and WRs.

Matt3467
08-19-2018, 10:06 PM
I grabbed Kamara with the 4th pick. I think he'll score me plenty of points. I ended up grabbing McCaffrey with the next pick.

gravedigger
08-19-2018, 10:22 PM
For the first three picks, its best to get your kicker, defense and TE out of the way, then you can concentrate on the QBs, RBs and WRs.

You obviously are drafting against someone on this board.

Well played

louisvilledawg
08-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Wish there was an ED fantasy league.

Some other members and I do a couple dynasty league. That's where the fun is at. Rookie draft, veteran draft, defensive players. It's a ton of fun.

HotMop
08-20-2018, 11:26 AM
I'd say the following...

2. Todd Gurley- LA Rams

What say you?

I'm in a keeper league, all of those were kept from last seasons teams. And yes, one guy picked a defensive as his keeper.

hailmari
08-20-2018, 02:54 PM
I like the idea of going RB with the first two picks in my 10 team PPR league. RBs that receive a lot are gold. There’s a few of wild cards that fit that bill this year who may be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds- McCaffrey, Mixon, Dalvin Cook, etc.

You can almost always piece it together with WRs week to week.

MagnoliaLedger
08-20-2018, 05:05 PM
I've got the 1st pick in my 12 team 0.5 pt PPR league, and I'm struggling to decide who I want to go with between Bell and TG3. I also don't think it would be a terrible idea to take Antonio Brown and go RB/RB at picks 24 and 25.

Hot Rock
08-20-2018, 09:47 PM
My draft guidelines:

Draft RB's early.: you need at least 2 and maybe 3 or 4 of them. There aren't but 32 starters and fewer featured 3 down backs.

WR's" five or six 1st or 2nd round guys and then 50 that are hit and miss. Get a top one? Great.. then find the hot QB throwing to the rest in the middle rounds. I always target WR's by the QB that throws to them. There are exceptions but given a choice.. I pick the WR with the best QB.

TE: Three guys worth an early pick, the rest are mix and match

QB" never take one unless it just slams you in the face! Although I will say Aaron Rogers won it for me one year with my first round pick. He was a beast that year.

Defense? consider having two on your roster asap after bye weeks so you can play match ups, and avoid drafting too early.

It's great to be a trend setter, the first or at least 2nd or 3rd to draft a position when a run starts. If you missed out on the first few, don't reach just to have a TE. Draft best available to your needs when you get you turn. A 3rd decent WR can be better than getting a 10th ranked TE. Who knows, that TE that you saw grabbing those incredible catches from that former Clemson QB may still be available in the 12th round.