PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Comments About Saban....

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 11:17 AM
I honestly don't know if and/or what level Bama is cheating. However, I think it's sad that the sport that we all love is shrouded with distrust, scandals, and a perceived uneven playing field.

I just wish the sport didn't operate like this.

https://twitter.com/secfootball/status/1031201664911388672?s=21

Dawg61
08-19-2018, 11:41 AM
I'm sure everyone's cheating but CFB needs to figure out how to have more parody. It's getting really old having 130 teams but only 4-5 of them actually have a chance to win a natty each year.

TrapGame
08-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Anonymous Coach = Gus Malzahn**

Jack Lambert
08-19-2018, 11:51 AM
I'm sure everyone's cheating but CFB needs to figure out how to have more parody. It's getting really old having 130 teams but only 4-5 of them actually have a chance to win a natty each year.

Conference champions only in play off would be a start.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 12:03 PM
Anonymous Coach = Gus Malzahn**

I don't think it matters who the coach is because all of them likely believe the same thing.

It's just a shame that the sport we love has this issue.

Dawg61
08-19-2018, 12:09 PM
I'd get rid of all OOC games and conference championship games and go to a final 32 or 64 team tournament.

TUSK
08-19-2018, 12:12 PM

I think you may be on to something... We should just handout another 129 of these:

https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/styles/original/public/media/cfp_trophy_312_07142014.jpg?itok=IMUewc7N

mparkerfd20
08-19-2018, 12:12 PM
I'll say it unanonymously, Nick Saban is the best coach at cheating in the country. That said hes a hell of a coach too.

Todd4State
08-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Cheating will go on no matter what. And the NCAA is not making it any better by handing out pitiful and inconsistent sanctions because they don't want another program to turn into 1990's era SMU.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Cheating will go on no matter what. And the NCAA is not making it any better by handing out pitiful and inconsistent sanctions because they don't want another program to turn into 1990's era SMU.

SMU's bigger problem was the fall of the SW Conf. If SMU were in the Big 12, they would've recovered fairly quickly

32 Dive
08-19-2018, 12:55 PM
Alabama has the best "Talent Acquisition" plan in the business. Decades of "extreme commitment", has built them a nearly insurmountable amount of built-in advantages. Not crying foul. It is 90 years too late for that...

As far as parity, College Football will never be a Democracy. He with the most money, and best attorneys, win. ;-)

TUSK
08-19-2018, 01:11 PM
I'd get rid of all OOC games and conference championship games and go to a final 32 or 64 team tournament.

I know this has been beaten to death, but this is close to the solution, IMO... Some of you really old(er) guys may remember a post I made about the time of the inception of the BCS (1998ish?)

I can't remember the definite specs, but it went something like this:

Eight 12 team conferences (96 teams)
11 conference games + 1 OOC = 12 game regular season
16 team playoff that incorporated the best bowls - teams not making the CFP filled out the remaining bowl schedule
Conference Champs get automatic bid to CFP - the next 8 teams receive a bid via a BCS type formula/CFP committee
Playoffs are seeded 16 vs 1 (and so on) as to avoid rematches as late in the playoffs as possible

Somethin' like that...

Rustydawg
08-19-2018, 01:26 PM
I believe Bama bought a lot of players when Saban first became the head coach. They probably don’t have to buy as many now that they’ve been on a decade+ roll, but it still happens. Saban and the Bama program are just as corrupt as any in college football. Top players getting arrested and having legal issues still play on Saturdays. It’s all big business and the enforcers have financial incentive to allow it to happen. Rigged system that has taken a lot of the fun out of the game for many fans.

TexasDawg
08-19-2018, 01:43 PM
There are some huge pussies in this thread

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Just look back at the Rueben Foster ordeal, Auburn's version of CJ Johnson.

Kid got a War Eagle tatoo and then flipped to Bama.

You can't tell me he wasn't bought by Bama. I'm sure Auburn was paying as well, but let's not sit here and disregard clear evidence.

What about the Raekwon Davis ordeal with us? He committed to MSU is Mullen's office.

Stop believing they don't have to cheat because they clearly do and have done recently. It's embarrassing to the sport that a dynasty is cheating at their level.

If you disagree with that then you are a Bama fan or just dumb.

TUSK
08-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Just look back at the Rueben Foster ordeal, Auburn's version of CJ Johnson.

Kid got a War Eagle tatoo and then flipped to Bama.

Yeah, it's a shame that AU got a player bought out from under them.*

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-19-2018, 01:56 PM
I'm sure everyone's cheating but CFB needs to figure out how to have more parody.

That’s how I would describe our Croom Error teams.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 01:57 PM

I say all that to make the point that absolutely Bama pays players. The question in my mind is whether or not their status allows them to pay less than the highest bidder or if they just go all out, above and beyond with consequences?

TUSK
08-19-2018, 02:03 PM
I say all that to make the point that absolutely Bama pays players. The question in my mind is whether or not their status allows them to pay less than the highest bidder or if they just go all out, above and beyond with consequences?

I'll never deny that some of Bama's players get illegal benefits. I believe that all schools are guilty of this at some level.

That being said, save a few outliers, I believe that Bama may actually have to pay less than some schools do to attract comparable talent (due to recent success)...

I think the last time bammer went "all out" was in the late 90s under Dubose... that cheatin' was almost as overt as OM's recent doings...

TUSK
08-19-2018, 02:03 PM
That’s how I would describe our Croom Error teams.

ISWYDT

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 02:07 PM
I'll never deny that some of Bama's players get illegal benefits. I believe that all schools are guilty of this at some level.

That being said, save a few outliers, I believe that Bama may actually have to pay less than some schools do to attract comparable talent (due to recent success)...

I think the last time bammer went "all out" was in the late 90s under Dubose... that cheatin' was almost as overt as OM's recent doings...

You may be right or you may be wrong

We don't know and your beliefs are based on your own logic that may or may not fit reality.

TUSK
08-19-2018, 02:08 PM
You may be right or you may be wrong

We don't know and your beliefs are based on your own logic that may or may not fit reality.

Yup, and this^ applies to everyone, on everything...

Todd4State
08-19-2018, 02:32 PM
SMU's bigger problem was the fall of the SW Conf. If SMU were in the Big 12, they would've recovered fairly quickly

I agree. And I think SMU managed their situation very poorly after the death penalty as well.

But I don't think the NCAA sees it that way. I think the NCAA sees it as "we destroyed their program."

TUSK
08-19-2018, 02:38 PM
I agree. And I think SMU managed their situation very poorly after the death penalty as well.

But I don't think the NCAA sees it that way. I think the NCAA sees it as "we destroyed their program."

I know that was the mentality they had when they nailed Bammer's ass to the wall c.2002...

Lord McBuckethead
08-19-2018, 03:40 PM
Bigger question, isn't it classic that Mullen did this?

TUSK
08-19-2018, 03:46 PM
Bigger question, isn't it classic that Mullen did this?

Was it Merlins that made the comment, Bucket???

99jc
08-19-2018, 06:18 PM
Bama is dirty as hell...worse than ole miss ever thought of.

Coursesuper
08-19-2018, 06:35 PM
The Bammers can literally out spend anyone else in football due to the backing of one family. They are willing pay whatever it takes no matter who else is in the race. They can pay coaches, analysist and the like and build facilities to do whatever it takes to stay on top.

TUSK
08-19-2018, 10:05 PM
2 Consecutive, solid melts and the season is still ~2 weeks away.

Well done!

Pit Bull
08-20-2018, 03:51 AM
I honestly don't know if and/or what level Bama is cheating. However, I think it's sad that the sport that we all love is shrouded with distrust, scandals, and a perceived uneven playing field.

I just wish the sport didn't operate like this.

https://twitter.com/secfootball/status/1031201664911388672?s=21

I pretty much dismiss this. Unless I see cheating with my own eyes, I have a hard time piling on. I did accuse Ole Miss of cheating during their big football recruiting weekend years ago....why?.....because I had a relative who took a briefcase full of cash to Oxford to distribute to the recruits. He showed me and I saw it. He was a big OM cigar boy who's money came from a couple furniture factories he owned in N. Miss. He bragged about it. And I called the NCAA and reported it. This was long before the Hugh Freeze days. NCAA never got back with me and I don't even know if they took it seriously coming from a rival fan. But I'm still glad I did it.

Pit Bull
08-20-2018, 03:58 AM

The reason Ole Miss got into trouble initially was because they began to buy players better and more frequently than BAMA, and a couple others. Once you get out of the SEC pecking order and start effecting the SEC elite's talent infusion.....you better look out. Ole Miss learned quick I tell ya!

Bully75
08-20-2018, 05:22 AM
The reason Ole Miss got into trouble initially was because they began to buy players better and more frequently than BAMA, and a couple others. Once you get out of the SEC pecking order and start effecting the SEC elite's talent infusion.....you better look out. Ole Miss learned quick I tell ya!

Absolutely! Without question the only reason NCAA gave a look at them.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2018, 07:47 AM
I pretty much dismiss this. Unless I see cheating with my own eyes, I have a hard time piling on. I did accuse Ole Miss of cheating during their big football recruiting weekend years ago....why?.....because I had a relative who took a briefcase full of cash to Oxford to distribute to the recruits. He showed me and I saw it. He was a big OM cigar boy who's money came from a couple furniture factories he owned in N. Miss. He bragged about it. And I called the NCAA and reported it. This was long before the Hugh Freeze days. NCAA never got back with me and I don't even know if they took it seriously coming from a rival fan. But I'm still glad I did it.

So you think Reuben Foster and Reakwon Davis signed with Bama without any benefits?

I don't get why people give them the benefit of the doubt. They cheat and so does everyone else.

What I don't know is if they go above and beyond to land recruits or simply offer enough to get the kid.

Saying they don't pay players and offer illegal benefits is lunacy though.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2018, 07:49 AM
Dicky is a Grade A dumbass. https://twitter.com/dickiev/status/1031520052942712834?s=21

It's emabarssing how supportive he is of cheaters. Did the same thing Patino and others.

MSUDAWGFAN
08-20-2018, 08:08 AM

Yeah, Alabama doesn't have to cheat. just look at that BMW i8 that Eddie Jackson was with when he was a football player at Bama (The yellow car). That's a $147,000 car. My question is - are his parents surgeons or executives?**

For the record, I'm not saying any one of these in particular is for sure cheating. Even Eddie Jackson with a $147,00 car. He may have seen someone at a gas station. He may have a rich uncle. His parents may be executives or surgeons. Some of these may be legit. Most of this is not.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board/29/Contents/Alabamas-Recruiting-Dominance-Continues-Wow-50860219/

Take the Bo Davis thing. Bama fired him because he lied to the NCAA about illegal contact with recruits during the dead period. Then paid him off to buy his silence. Then tried to hide the fact that they paid him off to buy his silence. Did the legal team at Alabama truly not understand "how much (Davis) was paid in each pay period as well as a year-to-date total." Because most 5th graders could understand what that means. If they truly don't understand what that means, they are the absolute worst legal department in the country.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/breaking-bo-davis-received-316k-payout-in-august

MStateDawg
08-20-2018, 08:14 AM
It's getting really old having 130 teams but only 4-5 of them actually have a chance to win a natty each year.

First off, there don't need to be anywhere near 130 teams in FBS. There is no reason at all for teams like Eastern Michigan and Liberty to compete for the same national title as Alabama & Ohio State. The bulk of those G5 schools need to be relegated to FCS, or a new division between FBS & FCS. For football, there should be about 80 schools in FBS (16 teams in each of the 5 leagues). Take the 5 league champions and 3 wild cards and play an 8 team playoff.

Same with D1 basketball having 300+ schools. In what world should Mississippi Valley compete for the same national title as the University of Kentucky?

MSUDAWGFAN
08-20-2018, 08:19 AM
First off, there don't need to be anywhere near 130 teams in FBS. There is no reason at all for teams like Eastern Michigan and Liberty to compete for the same national title as Alabama & Ohio State. The bulk of those G5 schools need to be relegated to FCS, or a new division between FBS & FCS. For football, there should be about 80 schools in FBS (16 teams in each of the 5 leagues). Take the 5 league champions and 3 wild cards and play an 8 team playoff.

Same with D1 basketball having 300+ schools. In what world should Mississippi Valley compete for the same national title as the University of Kentucky?

I would say in the same world that Butler came one shot away from winning it and beating Duke (during a year when Butler was considered a Cinderella) or a world where George Mason made the Final Four, or a world where UMBC beat the overall #1 seed Virginia. Or a world where UNLV won the national title.

MStateDawg
08-20-2018, 10:47 AM
I would say in the same world that Butler came one shot away from winning it and beating Duke (during a year when Butler was considered a Cinderella) or a world where George Mason made the Final Four, or a world where UMBC beat the overall #1 seed Virginia. Or a world where UNLV won the national title.

Butler and MVSU are no where near equivalent. Butler is a top 100 program. MVSU is a 300+ program. There's no reason to have 300+ basketball programs compete for the same title. You could drop the 100 worst programs and not reduce any of the tournament's Cinderella teams.