PDA

View Full Version : CJM Post-scrimmage

Leroy Jenkins
08-18-2018, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEvBfaZUr0

Points for working "Geyser Falls" and "myopic" into the same sentence.

Most importantly.... bumps and bruises but still no injuries.

Goldendawg
08-18-2018, 08:57 PM
Wow! A practice where player family and loved ones were invited to attend, followed by a meal. Very nice touch! We are family! Hail JoMo! Hail State!

TrapGame
08-18-2018, 09:40 PM
So, the offense has been installed and this offense picked it up faster than any other JoMo has coached? I like the sound of that.

His pressers are so much better than Dan's. He seems genuine and honest whereas Dan kinda come off like a jerk.

starkvegasdawg
08-19-2018, 12:22 AM
His pressers are so much better than Dan's. He seems genuine and honest whereas Dan came off like an insufferable douchebag with a bad case of gas.

FIFY.

Todd4State
08-19-2018, 12:44 AM
FIFY.

Too much strain during Dan's press conferences.

Todd4State
08-19-2018, 12:47 AM
So, the offense has been installed and this offense picked it up faster than any other JoMo has coached? I like the sound of that.

His pressers are so much better than Dan's. He seems genuine and honest whereas Dan kinda come off like a jerk.

That doesn't totally surprise me to be honest with you. Fitz > McSorley. We significantly upgraded at WR coach and I liked Knox but Huff is probably also an upgrade. Two of our TE's are upperclassmen and then our o-line is essentially the same as last years so they're used to playing together.

msstate7
08-19-2018, 07:37 AM

Shouldn't be surprising. Pretty sure there was talk that Mullen's offense was complex. Dak gave credit to picking up the cowboys' offense so quickly bc it was very similar to Mullen's. To be honest, Mullen's offense probably needed a little simplifying if this is really the case

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 07:57 AM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist of reading body language to realize that our football coach believes he has a bad-ass football team. He's giddy is this video.

I just hope he has a clear understanding of how good you have to be to win in the SEC West

BogeyGolfer
08-19-2018, 08:17 AM
We had more talent than Penn St last year and this year as well....Of course, Barkley was a special talent.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2018, 08:19 AM
I couldn't be moor-excited*

TrapGame
08-19-2018, 08:35 AM
That whole presser is industrial strength wool grow.

And it does make sense about the offense installation b/c we have more talent on offense except for maybe Barkley.

gravedigger
08-19-2018, 09:15 AM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist of reading body language to realize that our football coach believes he has a bad-ass football team. He's giddy is this video.

I just hope he has a clear understanding of how good you have to be to win in the SEC West

Can?t say that is what I took from his body language. I do believe he is impressed with the talent and the effort that talent is putting forth.

We will struggle to look similar to last years Penn St team. As he often says, precision is the key. Routes, reads etc. McSorley was quite good at making the proper read.

Mullen?s neuroticism and the way he acted probably makes JoMo seem like a stand up comic.

I will say Joe seems like he is getting more comfortable. He is friendly and approachable. Something Mullen struggled with.

If the players attitudes are the result of that, it probably does explain why they are picking up the system quickly

ScottH
08-19-2018, 10:43 AM
I love this guy. What a breath of fresh air.

Still gotta win games but as of today, <17> Mullen.

TrapGame
08-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Swedenberg said Mullen was about as motivational as NyQuil most of the time. Even if he beats us on the 29th I'm not gonna miss him at all. But I think Joe is gonna burn Grantham's secondary like yesterday's garbage.

Todd4State
08-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Swedenberg said Mullen was about as motivational as NyQuil most of the time. Even if he beats us on the 29th I'm not gonna miss him at all. But I think Joe is gonna burn Grantham's secondary like yesterday's garbage.

Am I the only one that noticed that Dan essentially gave the same pre-game speech before every game?

"Go out there and play with relentless effort and strain!"

Dolphus Raymond
08-19-2018, 06:55 PM
In the spirit of full disclosure, I was a huge fan of CDM, and was disappointed when he left (Very disappointed). That being said, I am extremely excited with what I have seen so far, and yes, JoMo's personality is like a breath of desperately needed fresh air. It all started with my favorite coach of all time, The Kang!!, hit a speed bump with a Croom, then CDM took us to another level; none of us should minimize his accomplishments. Time will tell, but our optimism appears to be well founded.

bulldawg28
08-19-2018, 07:14 PM

Lets be honest for a moment Swedenberg is a punter. Mullen wasn't really talking to him anyways. What can a hyped punter do? If he gets too hyped he'll outkick the coverage. Is he the punter that would shank the s***t out of a punt occasionally?

BiscuitEater
08-19-2018, 07:43 PM
Lets be honest for a moment Swedenberg is a punter. Mullen wasn't really talking to him anyways.

You do understand that the 'pre-game speech' is to the WHOLE team, not just the kickers, right?

TrapGame
08-19-2018, 07:52 PM
Lets be honest for a moment Swedenberg is a punter. Mullen wasn't really talking to him anyways. What can a hyped punter do? If he gets too hyped he'll outkick the coverage. Is he the punter that would shank the s***t out of a punt occasionally?

Well, since Mullen treated him like shit from day one I doubt he really listened to him at all. And per Swede most of the team ('12-'13) really didn't like Mullen. He was an obnoxious ass to pretty much everyone.

bulldawg28
08-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Well, since Mullen treated him like shit from day one I doubt he really listened to him at all. And per Swede most of the team ('12-'13) really didn't like Mullen. He was an obnoxious ass to pretty much everyone.

That first part makes sense.

thf24
08-19-2018, 09:01 PM

He didn't shank any more than any other good punter. He was near the top of the nation in net punting his junior year, and made the Ray Guy award watch list as a senior. He was pretty damn good.

bulldawg28
08-19-2018, 09:03 PM
You do understand that the 'pre-game speech' is to the WHOLE team, not just the kickers, right?

Yep, he's talking to the team. The kickers just happen to be there.
The kickers practice for 15 minutes then are done for the remainder of the practice. They have the easiest job on the team and better do their jobs well or they lose the little respect they have quickly. I will admit place kickers get more respect and attention than punters.

bulldawg28
08-19-2018, 09:04 PM
He didn't shank any more than any other good punter. He was near the top of the nation in net punting his junior year, and made the Ray Guy award watch list as a senior. He was pretty damn good.

Cool, I don't remember punters.

thf24
08-19-2018, 09:10 PM
The kickers practice for 15 minutes then are done for the remainder of the practice. They have the easiest job on the team and better do their jobs well or they lose the little respect they have quickly. I will admit place kickers get more respect and attention than punters.

Cool, I don't remember punters.

You claim you played, right? It makes it hard to believe when you say shit like this.

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 07:55 AM
You claim you played, right? It makes it hard to believe when you say shit like this.

Players don't respect punters/kickers except for the exceptional ones. They are not required to do the same as other players. Since you keep up with punters name our last 5 without googling. I'll make it easier for you. Name our last five starting quarterbacks. Name our last 5 starting tailbacks. Name our last 5 starting middle linebackers. Truth is even hardcore fans like you don't remember the name of punters initially. I'm not ashamed to say I could care less about a punter.

MrKotter
08-20-2018, 08:47 AM

Is your stupidity an act or are you really this 17ing stupid?

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Players don't respect punters. They are not required to do the same as other players. Since you keep up with punters name our last 5 without googling. I'll make it easier for you. Name our last five starting quarterbacks. Name our last 5 starting tailbacks. Name our last 5 starting middle linebackers. Truth is even hardcore fans like you don't remember the name of punters initially. I'm not ashamed to say I could care less about a punter.

Punters are kind of like Offensive Linemen, you only notice them when they screw up.

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 09:11 AM
Punters are kind of like Offensive Linemen, you only notice them when they screw up.

Indeed

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 09:12 AM
Is your stupidity an act or are you really this 17ing stupid?

Ask your dad for not going to sleep the night of your conception.

Cooterpoot
08-20-2018, 09:27 AM
It's not just a punter calling out Mullen and crew. Look around- everyone from players to media to staff members have had negative things to say. Mullen wasn't liked much. Nothing wrong with that.

thf24
08-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Players don't respect punters/kickers except for the exceptional ones. They are not required to do the same as other players. Since you keep up with punters name our last 5 without googling. I'll make it easier for you. Name our last five starting quarterbacks. Name our last 5 starting tailbacks. Name our last 5 starting middle linebackers. Truth is even hardcore fans like you don't remember the name of punters initially. I'm not ashamed to say I could care less about a punter.

Maybe I'm naive, but I have a very hard time believing that any players outside of flat out assholes or the low-IQ, athlete savant type can have that kind of nonchalant disrespect for a teammate, regardless of their role.

I could name our last five primary punters from memory, and I'm sure many others on here could as well, but I'm not interested in playing that game.

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a very hard time believing that any players outside of flat out assholes or the low-IQ, athlete savant type can have that kind of nonchalant disrespect for a teammate, regardless of their role.

I could name our last five primary punters from memory, and I'm sure many others on here could as well, but I'm not interested in playing that game.

If you're practicing for 3 hours and meetings for an hour and a half and a certain group of teammates practice for 15 mins and meet for 10 mins they have earned very little respect. There aren't many punters/kickers that make themselves one of the guys by intrigrating themselves in that way. It's not disrespect if you're not putting forth the same effort. Football is all about togetherness through tough situations.
There is nothing tough or together about the average punter or kicker in a football locker room that only plays those positions. Believe what you want. If they are regarded so highly why do 95% of them have to walk on to make the team?

BB30
08-20-2018, 01:59 PM
It's not just a punter calling out Mullen and crew. Look around- everyone from players to media to staff members have had negative things to say. Mullen wasn't liked much. Nothing wrong with that.

He wasn't paid to be liked he was paid to win football games(which he did for the most part). Obviously your team has to respect you but they certainly don't have to like you. That being said, I am pleased with JOMO so far and am still trying to figure out why every post discussing JOMO turns into a Mullen thread.

BB30
08-20-2018, 02:01 PM
If you're practicing for 3 hours and meetings for an hour and a half and a certain group of teammates practice for 15 mins and meet for 10 mins they have earned very little respect. There aren't many punters/kickers that make themselves one of the guys by intrigrating themselves in that way. It's not disrespect if you're not putting forth the same effort. Football is all about togetherness through tough situations.
There is nothing tough or together about the average punter or kicker in a football locker room that only plays those positions. Believe what you want. If they are regarded so highly why do 95% of them have to walk on to make the team?

Eh practice may be different but from my understanding, kickers and punters go through the same off season/in season workouts and conditioning as the regular players.

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 02:55 PM
Eh practice may be different but from my understanding, kickers and punters go through the same off season/in season workouts and conditioning as the regular players.

Walk ons do the exact same annnndddd practice the entire time. I respect walkons wayyyy more than kickers.

BiscuitEater
08-20-2018, 04:52 PM

NOPE, Kickers cost us HOW many games besides South Alabama in 2017? Maybe Mullet should have paid a little more attention to that group. Just saying.

BiscuitEater
08-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Walk ons do the exact same annnndddd practice the entire time. I respect walkons wayyyy more than kickers.

We have what .. 3 or 4 kickers AND punters that are walk-ons. That has to mess with your brain.

Now that we have a 'real' ST Coach AND Coaches that want to be here, look for better ST play.

shoeless joe
08-20-2018, 05:37 PM

Wonder what kinda punters Umiss had back when they were relevant...ya know, back before intrigration

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 06:14 PM
We have what .. 3 or 4 kickers AND punters that are walk-ons. That has to mess with your brain.

Now that we have a 'real' ST Coach AND Coaches that want to be here, look for better ST play.

Not at all he's a kicker. Maybe they'll get involved more now and earn respect with a coach.

bulldawg28
08-20-2018, 06:16 PM
Wonder what kinda punters Umiss had back when they were relevant...ya know, back before intrigration

I give 0 thoughts trying to remember kickers let alone Ole miss players

Coackjek
08-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Too much strain during Dan's press conferences.

I'm just glad he didn't start each answer with the long drawn out, ehhhhh!