PDA

View Full Version : Matt Womack

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Bama lost starting RT Matt Womack to a broken foot today. Expected to miss at least 6 weeks.

Does this mean that Tua's blind side rest in the hands of Lashley? Yikes

Leeshouldveflanked
08-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Lashley wasn’t in Bama’s 2 deep going into fall camp... so I doubt it.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2018, 06:39 PM
Womack hasn't started all spring or fall camp. Alex Leatherwood was starting at RT.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2018, 07:05 PM
Womack hasn't started all spring or fall camp. Alex Leatherwood was starting at RT.

So, how did Womack start every game last year?

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2018, 07:05 PM

Yikes

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2018, 08:17 PM
So, how did Womack start every game last year?

Because Leatherwood was a true Freshman & he wasn't ready at the beginning of last year. He progressed as the year went on. When Jonah Williams got hurt in the national championship game Leatherwood went in & played LT & played great. He hasn't looked back.

Pit Bull
08-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Bama lost starting RT Matt Womack to a broken foot today. Expected to miss at least 6 weeks.

Does this mean that Tua's blind side rest in the hands of Lashley? Yikes

Womack name sounds familiar...…..didn't we recruit him some?

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Yes. He was yet another Mississippi kid that left the state and could've helped an instate school get to Atlanta.

Instead, he got recruited over and is now hurt and 2nd string at Bama

somebodyshotmypaw
08-17-2018, 08:37 PM

He started every game at tackle last year for Bama. He's out of Magnolia Heights Academy here in Mississippi. Same school that produced Addison Lawrence and Cam Lawrence. Also produced MSU baseball players Jacob Billingsley, Riley Self, and Dustin Skelton.

Todd4State
08-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Because Leatherwood was a true Freshman & he wasn't ready at the beginning of last year. He progressed as the year went on. When Jonah Williams got hurt in the national championship game Leatherwood went in & played LT & played great. He hasn't looked back.

You'll have to forgive him. We're not used to a coach playing underclassmen over upperclassmen if the underclassman is better.

Todd4State
08-17-2018, 08:43 PM

Yeah but.....Hevesy.

His earlobes were probably too big.

Goldendawg
08-17-2018, 09:29 PM
He started every game at tackle last year for Bama. He's out of Magnolia Heights Academy here in Mississippi. Same school that produced Addison Lawrence and Cam Lawrence. Also produced MSU baseball players Jacob Billingsley, Riley Self, and Dustin Skelton.

And Hev couldn't get him to MSU?*** That's almost a legacy. Wow.

Goldendawg
08-17-2018, 09:29 PM
Yeah but.....Hevesy.

His earlobes were probably too big.

Hev said arms too short.

TUSK
08-17-2018, 09:51 PM
The O-line has been “in flux” the whole off season.

Womack getting hurt will certainly affect depth if he’s unable to come back.

Speculation was that Leatherwood & Willis were going to get in the lineup this year. This accelerates that.

Bass Chaser
08-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Womack was committed and signed financial aid papers to LSU before flipping to Bama.

TUSK
08-17-2018, 10:12 PM
Yes. He was yet another Mississippi kid that left the state and could've helped an instate school get to Atlanta.

Instead, he got recruited over and is now hurt and 2nd string at Bama

I hope he can heal up and get a third ring.

Token Bammer
08-17-2018, 10:33 PM

Lashley just made the 2 deep with Womack's injury. Time frame for his return is around Arkansas week, which is week 6 (Oct. 6).

Belegal
08-17-2018, 10:37 PM
Wasn't he the recruit whose dad 's account &steve's were hacked & revealed he was offered inducements by Freeze at the inn in Oxford- was not listed in investigation but I always wondered why . Could be wrong on my memory?

TUSK
08-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Lashley just made the 2 deep with Womack's injury. Time frame for his return is around Arkansas week, which is week 6 (Oct. 6).

Hey, new guy. If you don’t change your avatar to “South Park Token”, I’m gonna blow up your whiskey still & take away your fav sister/cousin/wife from ya.

Get your shit together!*******

Bothrops
08-17-2018, 11:10 PM
This is when Bama makes an improvement by replacing a 3* with a 5*.

TUSK
08-17-2018, 11:42 PM
This is when Bama makes an improvement by replacing a 3* with a 5* and adds experienced depth.

fify

Pit Bull
08-18-2018, 06:55 AM
I hope he can heal up and get a third ring.

I did see Womack play in the NC game and he looked pretty good. Saw him pancake a UGA DL and the announcers gave props to him. As you say, it does hurt your depth a bit, but it appears he would make it back in time for BAMA's run in the playoff. Did Womack redshirt?....if he didn't, Saban might just hold him out until next year.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-18-2018, 08:40 AM
I did see Womack play in the NC game and he looked pretty good. Saw him pancake a UGA DL and the announcers gave props to him. As you say, it does hurt your depth a bit, but it appears he would make it back in time for BAMA's run in the playoff. Did Womack redshirt?....if he didn't, Saban might just hold him out until next year.

I think he has redshirted already.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-18-2018, 08:41 AM
And Hev couldn't get him to MSU?*** That's almost a legacy. Wow.

He originally committed to LSU, then flipped to Bama.

Maroonandwhite
08-18-2018, 09:36 AM

Where do I remember that name from? Was his dad's name mentioned in the OM recruiting fiasco?

Cooterpoot
08-18-2018, 09:43 AM
I?m glad we didn?t sign Lashley. He?s content with 3rf string at Bama. I thought he was soft in HS, and I appear to be correct.

TUSK
08-18-2018, 01:01 PM

He is a RS JR this year... I think he could be eligible for a Medical RS if he wants to hand around another year as opposed to playing a few games late this year....

CadaverDawg
08-18-2018, 01:06 PM

Yep, despite all the MSU connections, we didn't even finish in the top 2-3 for his services. Embarrassing

Goldendawg
08-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Yep, despite all the MSU connections, we didn't even finish in the top 2-3 for his services. Embarrassing

I hope JoMo and staff renew connections with all former MSU players better than Dan and the Country Club did. It's really embarrassing to lose a legacy to LSU, bama, etc. Also embarrassing to lose top Starkville talent to UNM or West Point guys to bama.