PDA

View Full Version : New Bears Billboards going up??

fishwater99
08-17-2018, 10:55 AM
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/MaroonNation/97191CDD-5D72-46ED-B554-7920A4767A8C_zpsa2jiamzo.jpg

TrapGame
08-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Is this for real?

Barrett Sallee needs the cred not CBS Sports. That's a tad deceiving. Sallee's been blowing om for years.

msstate7
08-17-2018, 11:40 AM
We have ourselves to blame. No way we should have let that trash team beat us on our field last season. Fitz or no fitz... no excuse

Irondawg
08-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Look I'd be embarassed if we were named and put something like that up because you can't claim anything until you play the games. I mean do we respond with "Highest Ranked team in the state"?

TNDawg35
08-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Y'all should have heard Sallee on Matt Wyatts show this morning trying to explain his reasoning for it. Even Matt was like, HUH??!! Sallee even went as far to say whoever wins the egg bowl will have the better sec record. Matt just kinda laughed.

This was the first time I ever listened to Sallee, and I have come to the conclusion that my 5 yr old daughter knows more than him. He is a douche canoe...

Commercecomet24
08-17-2018, 11:54 AM
But,but,but.......I thought the guppies claimed they were a national brand and didn't care about being the best in Mississippi. They've always told us the Egg Bowl didn't matter********

Ari Gold
08-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Y'all should have heard Sallee on Matt Wyatts show this morning trying to explain his reasoning for it. Even Matt was like, HUH??!! Sallee even went as far to say whoever wins the egg bowl will have the better sec record. Matt just kinda laughed.

This was the first time I ever listened to Sallee, and I have come to the conclusion that my 5 yr old daughter knows more than him. He is a douche canoe...

That douche bag tweets out and gives updates on the bachelor and bachelorette.. no shit .. I’m not kidding about that.. so him saying OM is the best and the way he used to deep throat Freze this wasn’t surprising at all

Dawg2003
08-17-2018, 12:06 PM
A national brand? LOL. They want so badly to fit in. They are so delusional, which is why I don't think they will never amount to much. They don't think there's anything to improve on. And they claim history in football, which is also pathetic. Just some sad, sad people. Some wayward sharks they are.

parabrave
08-17-2018, 12:14 PM
So when do these Billboards get tagged with "Money can buy"?

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2018, 12:19 PM
We have ourselves to blame. No way we should have let that trash team beat us on our field last season. Fitz or no fitz... no excuse

This is a 17ing ridiculous post. This is you allowing them to determine the narrative.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Does the entire situation seem contrived and planned? Almost like OM paid Sally to do this and gave him the narrative?

I listened to Sally on Wyatt's show this morning and his reasoning made no sense whatsoever and wasn't even coherent. After listening, I still wasn't sure of his point.

Again, the situation feels bought and paid for.

How else would OM have a billboard ready to go this quick?

RocketDawg
08-17-2018, 12:23 PM
I suppose their season is defined by one game.

IMissJack
08-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Let them put this up, it is just going to make them and CBS look stupid by the middle of the season.

Dawgology
08-17-2018, 12:35 PM
I'm REAAAALY surprised CBS Sports allowed that. It reads like CBS Sports ranked them like that when it was a blurb in an article. Yikes. That could come back and bite them.

Commercecomet24
08-17-2018, 12:35 PM
Does the entire situation seem contrived and planned? Almost like OM paid Sally to do this and gave him the narrative?

I listened to Sally on Wyatt's show this morning and his reasoning made no sense whatsoever and wasn't even coherent. After listening, I still wasn't sure of his point.

Again, the situation feels bought and paid for.

How else would OM have a billboard ready to go this quick?

I can buy this, no pun intended. That's a real good point, Gun.

msstate7
08-17-2018, 12:37 PM
This is a 17ing ridiculous post. This is you allowing them to determine the narrative.

What am I gonna do? Sue em to take it down?

Is that not like our "Our State"?

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2018, 12:50 PM
What am I gonna do? Sue em to take it down?

Is that not like our "Our State"?

It's that you bought into the narrative they wanted you too.

What I'm not sure that you realize is that Sally was going to make OM the best team in this state by any means necessary. It was his plan.

Even if we would've won last year with a checked out coach and QB with a broken leg, he still would've found a reason to write what he did.

Furthermore, we had every excuse to lose that game last year. You literally couldn't have more of an excuse to lose a game.

HoopsDawg
08-17-2018, 12:55 PM
fart noise.

Lord McBuckethead
08-17-2018, 12:55 PM
I hope they put it up. Games will be played soon enough. When they go 6-6 because they couldn't stop Starkville High School from running on them, we can all laugh.

Irondawg
08-17-2018, 01:24 PM
As I said before - does what CBS Sports say or the AP and coaches poll matter more to the average person? So let's just slap up a billboard touting that if we must.

it's all so stupid. I listened to a bit of Sally on Wyatt's show and just quit listening. It was basically OM won the Egg Bowl last year and even with a worse record had more to overcome so they are clearly the better team this year.

Captain Falcon
08-17-2018, 01:57 PM
I am begging for them to put this up. Please do it so we can revisit this in November. Will go about as well for them as “Many Happy Returns” did for us.

bostondawg
08-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Let them put this up, it is just going to make them and CBS look stupid by the middle of the season.

Yep. Quickest way to make the media hate you is to plaster the media's obviously wrong opinions on a billboard for the whole world to laugh at.

BiscuitEater
08-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Wish I had graphic skills; this would be up on BBs too ..

Ole Miss named as the 'biggest' cheaters in college football!! -- USA Today

DAN WOLKEN | USA TODAY SPORTS | 2:01 pm EST December 1, 2017

The NCAA spent nearly four years digging in the dumpster of Ole Miss? athletic culture, a trash heap soaked in misplaced blame, delusional defiance and outright lies, and came out the other side Friday with a clear message.

It?s not us, Ole Miss, it?s you. And it?s way past time to clean up your act.

msstate7
08-17-2018, 02:08 PM
It's that you bought into the narrative they wanted you too.

What I'm not sure that you realize is that Sally was going to make OM the best team in this state by any means necessary. It was his plan.

Even if we would've won last year with a checked out coach and QB with a broken leg, he still would've found a reason to write what he did.

Furthermore, we had every excuse to lose that game last year. You literally couldn't have more of an excuse to lose a game.
I haven't bought into anything. We're better than them... a lot better.

That graphic doesn't bother me one bit. It makes them look dumb as hell

Bothrops
08-17-2018, 02:39 PM
We will beat them this year and have a better record. Sallee is a ***.

Maroonbulldog
08-17-2018, 09:45 PM
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/MaroonNation/97191CDD-5D72-46ED-B554-7920A4767A8C_zpsa2jiamzo.jpg

So who among you is gonna sneak around posting giant FAKE NEWS stickers on the corner of them?