PDA

View Full Version : Y'all are gettin' pimped over here... re: a Bammer's SEC "unit rankings"....

TUSK
08-17-2018, 12:09 AM
https://news.tidefans.com/2018/08/15/2018-previews-rating-the-units/

this cat is pretty solid, IMO...

BeardoMSU
08-17-2018, 12:12 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3CYrt77iU90aucloC5/giphy.gif

Pit Bull
08-17-2018, 06:21 AM

this cat is pretty solid, IMO....

Lot of info there. Our OL is experienced but not as initially talented as BAMA or UGA. Even OM has a decent returning OL. Generally, it looks ok to me.... Our DL is our strength with a lot of depth to boot. We can hold our own with BAMA, AUB, and UGA on the DL. Special teams was a little suprising to me.....hope it is as he says it is. Keys to me are (1) can Fitz overcome his leg injury and improve his passing to the point where it takes some heat off defending our RBs. And (2)can our OL protect long enough to establish an effective offensive execution. And (3)....are our WRs gonna be an improvement, can they separate from the DBs they face, and (4)....are our DBs good enough to keep from getting burned deep a lot. Only way we'll know is to get the season started and see!

gravedigger
08-17-2018, 08:36 AM

this cat is pretty solid, IMO...

He does understand statistical trends. Wish more did. I can live with rational thought. What I cant live with is shameless pimping of teams and essentially only acting as if the last 4 games of the previous year are the only bearing of the 1st 4 games of the next.

Leroy Jenkins
08-17-2018, 08:43 AM
Our QB position is underrated.

Lord McBuckethead
08-17-2018, 09:50 AM
It is interesting to look at these rankings. I couldn't argue with any of them. AJ Brown effect at UM and our ranking is something of note. Had AJ came to state, our full conference number would have been somewhere around 80 pts. It wouldn't have changed the standings, but would have closed the gap. Maybe the new WR and the previously injured WR can be a huge difference this year on top of our scheme change.

1bigdawg
08-17-2018, 10:34 AM
I was disappointed that others believe our LB core is below average, but otherwise thought it was spot on.

Schultzy
08-17-2018, 11:33 AM
had...come

Bdawg
08-17-2018, 11:46 AM
LB and QB little underrated in second graph. DB little overrated but I gues if that includes safeties it's ok. Auburn and Kentucky the same is laughable. Thanks for the info; I like it.

RocketDawg
08-17-2018, 12:19 PM
had...come

I'm beginning to it's impossible to fix.

You might enjoy reading this: http://www.city-data.com/forum/writing/2154810-i-cant-take-anymore-part-2-a.html as well as the Writing Subforum in general. This particular one is (sadly) hilarious.

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2018, 12:19 PM
It's gone be a fun year... and it's damn nice to start getting some respect from all over the board.

tireddawg
08-17-2018, 01:55 PM
It is nice, and hope we have this type of respect when this is completely Joe's team.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-17-2018, 05:44 PM
They have Mizzou way too high and Kentucky tied with Auburn for 7th. I can't take anything too seriously. I agree with some of the position stuff, some I think is way off (our LBs behind Arkansas?) but in the end I think the final rankings this method spits out are way off. That's the true metric of how good a system of analysis is... and Mizzou isn't a top 3 team in the SEC, and Florida won't be better than Auburn.

Schultzy
08-17-2018, 05:52 PM
I think Moorhead brings more gravitas with him than we give him credit for when it comes to outside perception.

Media types ask around coaching circles how these coaches are thought of and this not being his first HC’ing gig also matters.

bulldawg28
08-17-2018, 06:40 PM
Bama with a Qb 1 is horrendous. Our LB's and RB's are also understated. Is there any other 1,000 yard rushers returning from last year?

TUSK
08-17-2018, 10:50 PM
Bama with a Qb 1 is horrendous. Our LB's and RB's are also understated. Is there any other 1,000 yard rushers returning from last year?

Yes

bulldawg28
08-18-2018, 06:13 AM
Yes

3 schools with returning 1000 yard rushers. I'm convinced bama gave Harris his yard to equal 1000.

http://www.secsports.com/statistics/football/player/rushing

TUSK
08-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Bama with a Qb 1 is horrendous.

Who would you have as top Ranked QB Unit?

bulldawg28
08-18-2018, 01:33 PM

Never ask a homer his take.

TUSK
08-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Never ask a homer his take.

Honest answer! Nice!

CadaverDawg
08-18-2018, 02:15 PM
Interesting. I would not have our OL that high, maybe 3rd. I'd have our LB unit much higher, it is not extremely deep, but we start two 5 stars and a 4 star, but most times will be in a 4-2-5 which adds immediate depth. I wouldn't have us quite that high at DB just because our corners haven't really proven much yet and we're not deep at corner...though safety is a strength so I'm good with that. WR will be better than that, but it's inexperienced as hell so I'm fine with that ranking.

Overall it is about right, I'd have a few bumped up and a few bumped down, so it would still average out the same. Fair work.

tireddawg
08-18-2018, 07:12 PM

It'd have to be LSU

TUSK
08-18-2018, 09:50 PM
It'd have to be LSU

You must not like my sig quote, anymore. *

jackindabox
08-18-2018, 10:19 PM
I don't know what this is but I'm guessing by the comments it is some garbage about how Alabama is great and Mississippi State fans on this site should be pumped up about being just a little behind Alabama, but I think what the article is forgetting to mention is that Alabama will loose two games miss the sec championship and the playoffs and one of those losses will be Mississippi state the 2018 Sec west champs.

TUSK
08-18-2018, 10:50 PM
I don't know what this is but I'm guessing by the comments it is some garbage about how Alabama is great and Mississippi State fans on this site should be pumped up about being just a little behind Alabama, but I think what the article is forgetting to mention is that Alabama will loose two games miss the sec championship and the playoffs and one of those losses will be Mississippi state the 2018 Sec west champs.

Other than MSU, who else will Bammer “loose to”? ����

jackindabox
08-18-2018, 11:07 PM
I should have looked at the schedule before I made that prediction. Bama is playing mizzou, South Carolina would have given them trouble. I cant realistically predict that Alabama would loose to anybody other then MSU. I would have to take the entire field and hope one of them got it done but I am going to change the prediction to Alabama looses one game and it is enough to eliminate them from the Sec championship game because MSU only looses one game also and it is to Texas AM on the road after 3 emotional wins in a row.

Token Bammer
08-18-2018, 11:21 PM
BAMA lost another OLB on the 2 deep for the season today. Two years in a row that LBs cannot stay healthy at all. Razor thin now at both ILB and OLB.

***Just saw TUSK's thread down the board about this.

TUSK
08-18-2018, 11:27 PM
I should have looked at the schedule before I made that prediction. Bama is playing mizzou, South Carolina would have given them trouble. I cant realistically predict that Alabama would loose to anybody other then MSU. I would have to take the entire field and hope one of them got it done but I am going to change the prediction to Alabama looses one game and it is enough to eliminate them from the Sec championship game because MSU only looses one game also and it is to Texas AM on the road after 3 emotional wins in a row.

No. You’re 0-2.

jackindabox
08-19-2018, 12:17 AM
Your right I was wrong on one of them we will beat texas AM at home. Ill be back on Nov 10th on this thread to celebrate the end of the bama dynasty. It was a good run but they were soft last year and will be this year also. They left the door open and were lucky it was an odd year where there weren't any other one lose teams. They wont get in this year without winning the west and they wont win the west.

TUSK
08-19-2018, 12:32 AM
Your right I was wrong on one of them we will beat texas AM at home. Ill be back on Nov 10th on this thread to celebrate the end of the bama dynasty. It was a good run but they were soft last year and will be this year also. They left the door open and were lucky it was an odd year where there weren't any other one lose teams. They wont get in this year without winning the west and they wont win the west.

I think you are an Ole Miss Troll. (& I welcome that)...

The “0-2” comment had nothing to do with MSU vs Bammer....

I being a was grammar Nazi (shitty, I know) & the fact that you are completely oblivious to SEC football scheduling ... but, perhaps you can’t read, either...

Peace out, buddy.

jackindabox
08-19-2018, 12:55 AM
You will have to forgive me for not fully understanding such a cleverly thought-out rebuttal like 0-2.

TUSK
08-19-2018, 01:04 AM
You will have to forgive me for not fully understanding such a cleverly thought-out rebuttal like 0-2.

1) It's "lose", not "loose"...
2) Alabama does not play USCe this year...

dickiedawg
08-19-2018, 07:04 AM
He said USC would have given you trouble, implying if you played.

dawgday166
08-19-2018, 08:29 AM

1 loss, 2 losses ... it don't matter ... they'll still be in CFP and win natty. If Bammer would have been Ohio State last year, they would've gotten in CFP anyway and still won.

I used to think God just loved Bammer, but God ain't that consistent. See thread on LBs they've lost. That explains it bettah.

And do it really make any kind of sense that God loves Bammer, with fans like Tusk and Token??? **

tireddawg
08-19-2018, 01:36 PM
You must not like my sig quote, anymore. *

I earned that. Makes me proud to see it everyday. LSU*