PDA

View Full Version : Lady dogs roll again 96-59 Jessica Carter shows out.........................

99jc
08-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Carter Paces MSU To Win In Italy Tour Finale

August 16, 2018

COMO, Italy ? Jessika Carter showed why she was one of the top players in the country coming out of high school, as she scored 18 points and hauled down 14 rebounds to lead Mississippi State to a 96-59 win against German team International Select Thursday evening.

The win in the foothills of the Italian Alps wrapped a perfect 3-0 mark for the Bulldogs on their tour of Italy.

Carter led four MSU players in double figures. Teaira McCowan added 15 points, while Myah Taylor and Jordan Danberry collected 11 and 10 points, respectively.

"I thought Jessika took some things we talked about and went and did them," Vic Schaefer said. "She changed her game a little bit and we need that from her. She has the ability to run the floor and do some things in transition, and I thought she did that today as well as chased the basketball and rebounded it. I was really proud of how well she played today.

Myah (Taylor) did a better job running her team today. We have some young kids still trying to figure things out. I'm really proud of everyone, and it was great to have the chance to play three games in Italy because we have some special opportunities in front of us."

After the host squad scored the first five points of the game, Anriel Howard sparked a 19-0 State run that gave the Bulldogs a lead they would not relinquish.

Carter and Danberry scored six points each to lead Mississippi State to a 31-12 advantage after the opening quarter.

MSU took a 46-25 lead to halftime, with Danberry topping MSU with eight points and Chloe Bibby collecting all seven of her points in the opening 10 minutes.

The Bulldogs once again turned up the defensive pressure to open the second half, going on a 13-2 run to begin the third quarter. Senior Teaira McCowan scored nine points in the run en route to tallying 13 points in the quarter.

Howard added two of her five points in the contest during that stretch, while Danberry capped the burst with her ninth and 10thpoints of the night.

After tallying six points in the first half, Carter added five points in the third quarter while punching in seven over the final period.

Thursday's action was State's first since a Monday victory against talented German squad TK Hannover in Florence. During the layoff, the Bulldogs had the opportunity to cruise the canals of Venice, Italy, and tour the historic sites of Trieste.

Mississippi State will enjoy a final day touring Lake Como before returning to the United States on Saturday.

West Tn Dawg
08-16-2018, 05:25 PM
PTLGD's!!!!!!!!

msbulldog
08-16-2018, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the post 99, sounds good to hear young players stepping up! +1

NWADAWG
08-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Did I miss something? I didn't think Anriel made the trip.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Did I miss something? I didn't think Anriel made the trip.

I believe she missed the initial flight because she was going through graduation ceremonies at A&M, but she flew over later

Gutter Cobreh
08-16-2018, 06:43 PM
A trip like this for a young team like we have could really help them gel. I think it's awesome that they have the chance to have this experience! Not sure of the level of competition they played, but it seems we'll be good this year!

BeardoMSU
08-16-2018, 07:35 PM
So she has officially transferred?***

99jc
08-16-2018, 10:05 PM
Holy shit where have you been?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-16-2018, 10:34 PM
A trip like this for a young team like we have could really help them gel. I think it's awesome that they have the chance to have this experience! Not sure of the level of competition they played, but it seems we'll be good this year!

For comparison..the team they beat by 40+ the first game, Arkansas played them a few days earlier and only won by 7.

BeardoMSU
08-16-2018, 10:47 PM
Holy shit where have you been?

You must be numb to both sarcasm and the daily bed-wetting that ensued every time her name was brought up the last 2 months...

99jc
08-16-2018, 11:23 PM
You better believe it

louisvilledawg
08-17-2018, 09:49 AM
so is Myah pronounced mee-yuh or my-uh?

Asking for a friend.

Pit Bull
08-18-2018, 07:05 AM
Anybody think we would have a good shot at making the Final 4 again? Losing Vivians was beyond huge. We would have to have someone partially fill her shoes and with a little luck.....maybe. UCONN lost a lot, but Samuelson is back along with their big center. SC lost their biggy. Notre Dame, not sure what they lost.....hope that gal that drained the no-looker on us at the buzzer is gone!

msbulldog
08-18-2018, 08:47 AM
ND has a lot coming back. We should be a lock in the SEC. Win 4 in the tourney and we're in the final 4.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-18-2018, 09:26 AM
We will be a different team. Holmes and Danberry bring an athleticism that Blair S. and Morgan William did not have. But they don't shoot outside nearly as well. Obviously Howard is a big addition. We can make the Final Four with this team.

Dawg61
08-18-2018, 10:38 AM
ND has a lot coming back. We should be a lock in the SEC. Win 4 in the tourney and we're in the final 4.

Do they have Kobe Bryant coming back and her ridiculous game winning slop she threw up against us?

99jc
08-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Do they have Kobe Bryant coming back and her ridiculous game winning slop she threw up against us?

Yep she back...ND should be favorite to repeat. If our young players Jell we will be hard to beat. I think elite 8 is the floor.

Dawg61
08-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Good we can beat her this year.

Dawg2003
08-18-2018, 11:57 AM

They only lost 1 starter who I believe was their forward. If you can find it on You Tube, watch their regular season game against Tennessee last year. They came back from a 23 point deficit in the first quarter to beat TN by double digits. I watched it in real time and was amazed. I found myself cheering them on, and they kind of endeared themselves to me during that game. That was a gritty as hell team.