PDA

View Full Version : What was the Last Concert you went to?

ScoobaDawg
08-16-2018, 03:53 PM
Went and saw the revolution 3 tour recently.
Stone Temple Pilots
The Cult
BUSH

I guess I can't truly say it's not the same with Stone Temple Pilots because I never had the luck to see them with Scott growing up. But.. Jeff isn't close to Scott. 2nd time I've seen them with him this year and likely won't go out of my way to pay again. But I'll this, Robert, Dean and Eric can still play the hell out of those songs with Intensity.

The CULT - Well considering I wasn't even in middle school when the majority of their hits came out and I don't care for 80's metal for the most part... No thanks.

BUSH - Freaking awesome show, Forgot how many of their songs I knew and loved the intensity. Will definitely be seeing them again sometime.

BrunswickDawg
08-16-2018, 10:03 PM
It?s a hastle living here and getting to concerts so I don?t go to many anymore. But the last two were great.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers a little over a year ago. They still bring it. First time I saw them was after Mother?s Milk came out in ?89. Crowd was a lot wilder then - and so was I.

Last one before that was Rush in Atlanta in 2015 on the R40 Tour. No way I was missing them on their swan song.

Prediction? Pain.
08-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Good topic, but man, it's a downer to be reminded about how few shows I get to these days.

My last concert was Sturgill Simpson in 2016 at a theater in Chattanooga. Dude's great live and that show was no exception. Tight band, nice venue, great sound, and a set list that hit every highlight from all three of his records.

parabrave
08-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Neil Young at William and Mary 1991. Great one man show

TheRef
08-17-2018, 10:35 AM
My last one to attend and actually watch was probably when I went on the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise...so it was a bunch of metal bands all on one ship and they all performed at least twice. Easily one of the best experiences I've been a part of.

Tbonewannabe
08-17-2018, 12:23 PM
Good topic, but man, it's a downer to be reminded about how few shows I get to these days.

My last concert was Sturgill Simpson in 2016 at a theater in Chattanooga. Dude's great live and that show was no exception. Tight band, nice venue, great sound, and a set list that hit every highlight from all three of his records.

I saw Sturgill last year at Memphis in May and then again in September in Dallas. He is amazing. Hands down my favorite "country" singer.

Tbonewannabe
08-17-2018, 12:26 PM
We saw Everclear last weekend. They were awesome. We just went and saw Shinedown last night. I think they are pretty good but my wife loves them. The lead singer is pretty bad ass. They do a cover of Simple Man by Skynyrd and it is great.

Living in Woodstock GA, there is a free concert every month. We missed Love & Theft because of MSU baseball but there was a great Journey cover band that is as close to Journey as you can get. Very good show.

38 Special will be here Sept 8th. I am looking forward to it.

BrunswickDawg
08-17-2018, 01:23 PM
We saw Everclear last weekend. They were awesome. We just went and saw Shinedown last night. I think they are pretty good but my wife loves them. The lead singer is pretty bad ass. They do a cover of Simple Man by Skynyrd and it is great.

Living in Woodstock GA, there is a free concert every month. We missed Love & Theft because of MSU baseball but there was a great Journey cover band that is as close to Journey as you can get. Very good show.

Woodstick! TBone if you are ever over on Bells Ferry Road and pass by the Cherokee County Humane Society, you are passing thru my family's former "ancestral lands". Great-Great Grandfather owned from there down to Hwy 92 and dug gold mines all thru there in the 1870s and 1880s.

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2018, 05:58 PM

I saw Everclear last year at a free concert. Art's voice wasn't sounding good at all, really lost his range.
The Toadies were there and were awesome... Hope to see them again some day.

I've been lucky to be able to go to quite a few concerts this year and will be going to a lot more.

A couple months ago, hit up an all day concert with

Stone Temple Pilots (first time seeing them)
Theory of a Deadman - good not my favorite
Candlebox - Ok..
10 years - Never heard of before, Really enjoyed them
I Prevail - Never heard of before but enjoyed.
Nothing More - Never heard of before, WOuld indeed go out of my way to see again.

A perfect Circle - Loved it... would love to see them again. Love the new album.

And a month before that was a 3 day festival that ranged from Kool and the Gang, Starship with Mickey Thomas to Eve6,Spoon, Goo Goo Dolls (seeing them again in a couple months), Jimmy Eat World, Lighthouse, Switchfoot, and Gin Blossoms.

iPat09
08-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Bon Jovi in Atlanta back in April. The day before I saw Eagles in Birmingham. Great back to back days.

BogeyGolfer
08-18-2018, 09:37 AM
My wife and I really enjoy concerts so we've been to several within the last year. We saw Jason Aldean with Hootie and the Blow Fish in Sun Trust last month, Florida Georgia Line while we were in Colorado, Kenny Chesney in the new Mercedes Benz stadium back in May...But our favorite was Guns And Roses in Nashville in 2016 and then we saw them again in Little Rock last August. The next morning we were having breakfast in a cafe in downtown Little Rock and the new guitarist for GNR and his girlfriend sit next to us...We saw Bush and Theory of a Deadman in mingle wood hall in Memphis back in 2015, really great show.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-19-2018, 09:42 PM
Bon Jovi. The Oak Ridge Boys before that.

Pit Bull
08-22-2018, 04:07 AM
John Fogerty and ZZ Top.....Fogerty was fabulous. Just loved those old Creedence Clearwater Revival Songs. And he is in his 70's and plays like a teenager. ZZ Top looked a little tired that night....kind of low energy for them. Venue was Snowden Grove Amphitheatre in Southaven, MS and I highly recommend viewing any concert performed there. One of the best locations to see a show ever!

parabrave
08-22-2018, 08:16 AM
My wife and I really enjoy concerts so we've been to several within the last year. We saw Jason Aldean with Hootie and the Blow Fish in Sun Trust last month, Florida Georgia Line while we were in Colorado, Kenny Chesney in the new Mercedes Benz stadium back in May...But our favorite was Guns And Roses in Nashville in 2016 and then we saw them again in Little Rock last August. The next morning we were having breakfast in a cafe in downtown Little Rock and the new guitarist for GNR and his girlfriend sit next to us...We saw Bush and Theory of a Deadman in mingle wood hall in Memphis back in 2015, really great show.

I saw Hootie in Columbia SC when they were the bar band at Group Therapy, great bar btw, in five points. They were great before they were famous.

Dallas_Dawg
08-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Phish in Austin. Good show. Before that, WSP in Memphis for two nights. Killer shows.

ScoobaDawg
08-28-2018, 11:36 AM
Seen a feel more recently.. Jack Ingram - Realized I didn't know as many of his songs as I thought. Meh.
Evanescence + Lindsey Stirling was an awesome show. Always been a BIG fan of Lindsey but never seen her live. It was amazing.

Bully13
08-28-2018, 03:01 PM
Saw Three Dog Night and the Doobies warm up Journey a couple years back in an outdoor venue in Dallas. The Asian guy replacing Perry did an excellent job. Asian dude has a great rags to riches story that began on youtube.

Prior to that, saw Elvis Costello warm up Sting at the same place.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2018, 10:26 PM
We just saw the Foos. Back a few months prior we saw The Offspring and Sublime (with Rome). Saw Social Distortion this spring too. Last year we saw Regina Spektor. Saw RHCP before that.

Who I missed a chance at seeing....U2 just played at Gillette Stadium. The Pixies played last October in Mass. And I missed NOFX (not to mention Bad Religion, Mighty Might Boss Tones, Lag Wagon, and a bunch more...) at their Drunk in Public punk rock and craft beer festival.

BrunswickDawg
08-29-2018, 07:36 AM
Seen a feel more recently.. Jack Ingram - Realized I didn't know as many of his songs as I thought. Meh.
Evanescence + Lindsey Stirling was an awesome show. Always been a BIG fan of Lindsey but never seen her live. It was amazing.

Jack Ingram? Wow. Saw him open for someone at Rick's, 1995-ish

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2018, 08:35 AM
We just saw the Foos. Back a few months prior we saw The Offspring and Sublime (with Rome). Saw Social Distortion this spring too. Last year we saw Regina Spektor. Saw RHCP before that.

Who I missed a chance at seeing....U2 just played at Gillette Stadium. The Pixies played last October in Mass. And I missed NOFX (not to mention Bad Religion, Mighty Might Boss Tones, Lag Wagon, and a bunch more...) at their Drunk in Public punk rock and craft beer festival.

I would love to see Social D.

Going to see 38 Special next weekend.

BeardoMSU
08-29-2018, 05:17 PM
I would love to see Social D.

They're great. Still got it.

Just make sure to leave your MAGA hat at home, lol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/us/social-distortion-singer-beating-trump.html

Mjoelner34
08-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Brit Floyd at the Orpheum. Before that, The Eagles at Bridgestone Arena.

BeardoMSU
08-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Before that, The Eagles at Bridgestone Arena.

Nice. I love the Eagles.

Btw, to parlay with the cinema thread, here are two great "Eagles-Themed" moments from two great movies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JlmvtAHhnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfLV_hSj_uE&t=56s

Tbonewannabe
08-30-2018, 10:15 AM
They're great. Still got it.

Just make sure to leave your MAGA hat at home, lol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/us/social-distortion-singer-beating-trump.html

We saw the Prophets of Rage (Rage against the Machine without the lead singer Zak) and they basically rip all politicians. Tom Morello actually has a Political Science degree from Harvard so he is pretty political. Of course listen to Rage's music and it is almost always about how the government is screwing people over.

Prophets of Rage were damn good though. The lead singer is Chuck D of Public Enemy and Cypress Hill lead singer. They also played an Audioslave song but of course didn't try to hit Chris Cornell notes or anything.

Bully13
09-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Nice. I love the Eagles.

Btw, to parlay with the cinema thread, here are two great "Eagles-Themed" moments from two great movies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JlmvtAHhnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfLV_hSj_uE&t=56s

LOL at that taxi scene. "Take it to the Limit', "New Kid in Town", & "Hotel CA" are good songs IMO. "In the City is Good" too but I was thinking that was Joe Walsh solo for some reason. Always like Joe's solo stuff more than the Eagles.

If I never hear "Life in the Fast Lane" again, I'll survive. I put that song right up there with "Carry on Wayward Son" & "Blue Collar Man" Suckdom. "Taking it Easy" ? Meh. For the most part I consider the Eagles as "safe" FM radio stuff and it's over played, that's why the "burn out" happens to a lot of us I would assume. Eventually it comes off as "generic".

DownwardDawg
09-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Journey and Def Leopard. Headed to Metallica in January. It’ll be my 7th time to see them over the years.

Political Hack
09-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Pre-K graduation. It was ok but no light show or anything. Vocals were bad across the board. I think the music teacher may have been lit. I probably wouldn't see them again.

jumbo
09-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Saw Moon Taxi on Saturday night.

Next show up is Manchester Orchestra on the Saturday after Thanksgiving