PDA

View Full Version : If you see someone walking in naked it's me.

Jack Lambert
08-16-2018, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbxzvMsRRpE

Outsider
08-16-2018, 03:58 PM
How many of you are going to get a see-through purse?

TheRef
08-16-2018, 04:27 PM
So here's the deal with the metal detectors. With all of the latest events going on across the world, and in sports, the SEC has been working towards metal detectors being used in all venues. With that said, Alabama and MSU will be the first schools to integrate these devices in all venues on their campuses. The SEC has mandated that all member schools utilize these devices by the start of the 2020 academic year. Better to go ahead and bite the bullet now, than go through the bitching and moaning after it turns mandatory. Also, you'll find that parking and other aspects of gameday will have a different look. The contracts for all of those were up for bids again, and a few other companies will be in charge of them. Basically, don't bring in anything stupid and you'll be just fine. Oh...and please don't attempt to bring in firearms even if you have the Enhanced CCW.

msbulldog
08-16-2018, 05:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbxzvMsRRpE

Please No No No, I'm afraid that would permanently imprint on my eyes, Horrors!

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2018, 06:08 PM
We've been doing it for a year or 2 at the Hump it's not a big deal at all.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Oh...and please don't attempt to bring in firearms even if you have the Enhanced CCW.
Oh boy. How will I feel safe amongst 60,000+ people now?

starkvegasdawg
08-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Oh boy. How will I feel safe amongst 60,000+ people now?

Not arguing this one way or the other but excluding them is in direct violation of state law and a written opinion of the state AG.

RocketDawg
08-16-2018, 09:32 PM
How many of you are going to get a see-through purse?

The Bulldog Club sent them out a year or two ago.

Dawgbite
08-17-2018, 12:23 PM
I hope you are smokin hot!

fishwater99
08-17-2018, 02:00 PM
Colorado is adding walk through this year too. I expect it to be nationwide real soon.

You also can drink wine and beer stadium wide this year.
"
The U.S. Air Force Academy and Colorado State offer public sales at football games. The Colorado campuses and universities in the Pac-12 Conference are among dozens of college football stadiums to offer beer and wine sales throughout the venue. In recent weeks, Arizona and Oregon announced game-day enhancements for this season that include the expansion of beer and wine sales."

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/8/15/cu-boulder-announces-stadium-wide-beer-and-wine-sales-other-football-gameday-operational-improvements.aspx

RocketDawg
08-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Colorado is adding walk through this year too. I expect it to be nationwide real soon.

You also can drink wine and beer stadium wide this year.
"
The U.S. Air Force Academy and Colorado State offer public sales at football games. The Colorado campuses and universities in the Pac-12 Conference are among dozens of college football stadiums to offer beer and wine sales throughout the venue. In recent weeks, Arizona and Oregon announced game-day enhancements for this season that include the expansion of beer and wine sales."

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/8/15/cu-boulder-announces-stadium-wide-beer-and-wine-sales-other-football-gameday-operational-improvements.aspx

Am I remembering correctly? I remember that LSU once had beer in their student union. It had to have been when the drinking age was 18.

Gotta wonder if Colorado and Oregon will allow smoking joints in the stadium ....

Dawg61
08-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Not arguing this one way or the other but excluding them is in direct violation of state law and a written opinion of the state AG.

And? MSU brings in millions to the state every year.

Goldendawg
08-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Jack, hope you don't have pointy elbows. Disqualifys those featured on SPS by IMPP.***

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2018, 10:52 PM
And? MSU brings in millions to the state every year.

And it's a clear violation of duly passed state law. It's illegal. How much money you bring in doesn't make if less illegal. Should they just decide in an effort to bring in more money to start selling beer at the game and make the age to buy in the stadium 15?

Dawg61
08-17-2018, 11:07 PM
And it's a clear violation of duly passed state law. It's illegal. How much money you bring in doesn't make if less illegal. Should they just decide in an effort to bring in more money to start selling beer at the game and make the age to buy in the stadium 15?

You gonna be the guy holding up everyone at the gate cause you refuse to leave your gun in your car? We gonna have pro-carry guns into stadiums picketers at Davis Wade this year?

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2018, 07:07 AM
You gonna be the guy holding up everyone at the gate cause you refuse to leave your gun in your car? We gonna have pro-carry guns into stadiums picketers at Davis Wade this year?

Did I say that? All I did was state the fact that the university was clearly breaking state law. No, I'm not going to try and push it and argue with them at the gate.

Dawg61
08-18-2018, 07:32 AM
Did I say that? All I did was state the fact that the university was clearly breaking state law. No, I'm not going to try and push it and argue with them at the gate.

Good for the university. I'm proud of them.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Good for the university. I'm proud of them.

Glad you're for blatantly breaking the law.

Dawg61
08-18-2018, 10:39 AM

Mississippi State is the best thing to happen to Mississippi.

WesternSkyDawg
08-18-2018, 10:44 AM

Wrong

You can repeat this 20 times or a thousand; won?t make it any more true.

You have the right to purchase the license to attend the game, which comes with certain conditions, or you can refrain from buying the license if you don?t accept the conditions.

You can?t go into a play at the drama center and exercise your 1st Amendment right to free speech in the middle of the performance.

Gun proponents claim they can go anywhere on public property they want. Really? Can you walk out on the 50yard line during the middle of a game? No. You agreed not to when you bought or accepted the ticket license.

AG opinion? Whether or not it addressed guns in stadiums, AG opinions are not law.

A better indication of whether the law grants what carry proponents claim it does? The fact that the leader of the pack, Gipson, introduced a new law this year to clarify what carry proponents want it to say. If the law already held what carry folks claim, a new law wouldn?t be needed. He was voted down.

The law doesn?t say what carry folks want it to say.

Prohibiting guns from the stadium is consistent with the university?s rights under the law.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2018, 12:01 PM
Wrong

You can repeat this 20 times or a thousand; won?t make it any more true.

You have the right to purchase the license to attend the game, which comes with certain conditions, or you can refrain from buying the license if you don?t accept the conditions.

You can?t go into a play at the drama center and exercise your 1st Amendment right to free speech in the middle of the performance.

Gun proponents claim they can go anywhere on public property they want. Really? Can you walk out on the 50yard line during the middle of a game? No. You agreed not to when you bought or accepted the ticket license.

AG opinion? Whether or not it addressed guns in stadiums, AG opinions are not law.

A better indication of whether the law grants what carry proponents claim it does? The fact that the leader of the pack, Gipson, introduced a new law this year to clarify what carry proponents want it to say. If the law already held what carry folks claim, a new law wouldn?t be needed. He was voted down.

The law doesn?t say what carry folks want it to say.

Prohibiting guns from the stadium is consistent with the university?s rights under the law.

Wrong.

No entity can make rules which break local, state, or federal law. Doesn't matter What is printed on the ticket you buy and supposedly agree to. As I said, I'm not bringing my in and I never have tried. But, state law is what it is and nobody can over rule that. It's no different than MSU deciding they want a lower drinking age on campus. Printing you can drink at 15 on the ticket doesn't make teens suddenly able to legally drink in the stadium.

Dawg61
08-18-2018, 12:38 PM
If Billy Bob wants to challenge it I am sure his legal team will be stiff competition for MSU's legal team to handle. Be like our team playing the 1970's South Farm All-Stars without water breaks I imagine. Maybe MSU will hire Mars just cause.

WesternSkyDawg
08-18-2018, 01:15 PM
Wrong.

No entity can make rules which break local, state, or federal law. Doesn't matter What is printed on the ticket you buy and supposedly agree to. As I said, I'm not bringing my in and I never have tried. But, state law is what it is and nobody can over rule that. It's no different than MSU deciding they want a lower drinking age on campus. Printing you can drink at 15 on the ticket doesn't make teens suddenly able to legally drink in the stadium.

Agree that the law is what governs. And here?s the law, as it presently reads:

Second to last sentence of Miss. Code Section 45-9-101 (13) says: "In addition to the places enumerated in this subsection, the carrying of a stun gun, concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in any place in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the "carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited."

This discretion, in this case given to MSU/Dr. Keenum, is what Gipson wanted to change this past legislative session. He was voted down. If carry proponents think guns in stadiums is a good idea, they need to put it up for a vote and let the voters decide.

The law, not the will of one person or group, is what governs. And MSU is within the law in prohibiting guns from the stadium.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Agree that the law is what governs. And here?s the law, as it presently reads:

Second to last sentence of Miss. Code Section 45-9-101 (13) says: "In addition to the places enumerated in this subsection, the carrying of a stun gun, concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in any place in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the "carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited."

This discretion, in this case given to MSU/Dr. Keenum, is what Gipson wanted to change this past legislative session. He was voted down. If carry proponents think guns in stadiums is a good idea, they need to put it up for a vote and let the voters decide.

The law, not the will of one person or group, is what governs. And MSU is within the law in prohibiting guns from the stadium.

The problem is that the statute governing enhanced carry over rides that. The law that was proposed gave people the right to sue when their rights were violated. It wasn't to make it legal to carry. It's been legal.

WesternSkyDawg
08-18-2018, 01:49 PM
The problem is that the statute governing enhanced carry over rides that. The law that was proposed gave people the right to sue when their rights were violated. It wasn't to make it legal to carry. It's been legal.

Disagree. The AG’s opinion that was referenced muddies the waters bc it gave some credence to both sides of the argument where it said: “If an enhanced permit holder ignores such signs,...the permit holder could be liable for a violation of Section 97-17-97 (trespass after warning), Section 97-17-93 (entry without permission) or other statute.”

Bottom line: the permit side recognized that the 2011 law didn’t clearly give them the expansive right they sought, which is why they pursued an amendment this year. The amendment passed the House but ultimately failed.

So to say that MSU is breaking the law by prohibiting guns from the stadium is only giving the permit folks’ argument. Guns have been prohibited from high school and college stadia for generations. Until the electorate, fully informed and fully voiced, chooses clearly to change that, it remains.

Dawgbite
08-18-2018, 09:00 PM
This is how the Enhanced carry has been explained to me by someone who should know. The University can post all the signs they want but if you have an enhanced permit, you can walk in past the sign with no reprocussion. If they learn that you are carrying then they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave you can be charged with trespassing but not possession of a firearm. The metal detectors just give them proof that you are carrying and if you continue to enter you are trespassing. I don't carry in the stadium because I'm usually drinking. I never mix alcohol and guns, no exceptions. If I'm drinking my safety is in someone else's hands.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2018, 11:13 PM
This is how the Enhanced carry has been explained to me by someone who should know. The University can post all the signs they want but if you have an enhanced permit, you can walk in past the sign with no reprocussion. If they learn that you are carrying then they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave you can be charged with trespassing but not possession of a firearm. The metal detectors just give them proof that you are carrying and if you continue to enter you are trespassing. I don't carry in the stadium because I'm usually drinking. I never mix alcohol and guns, no exceptions. If I'm drinking my safety is in someone else's hands.

That is correct to a degree. The signs you can walk past only pertain to private property and businesses. Not public property which the campus and stadium are. There are public/govt owned areas where carry is illegal regardless of permit and those care spelled out in the statute. Mainly police stations, court rooms while court is in session, etc. But like you said, that only pertains to an enhanced carry permit. A standard concealed does not have all those exemptions...including the stadium.

RocketDawg
08-19-2018, 09:27 PM
That is correct to a degree. The signs you can walk past only pertain to private property and businesses. Not public property which the campus and stadium are. There are public/govt owned areas where carry is illegal regardless of permit and those care spelled out in the statute. Mainly police stations, court rooms while court is in session, etc. But like you said, that only pertains to an enhanced carry permit. A standard concealed does not have all those exemptions...including the stadium.

Now why are those government places exempt? Maybe it's because people carrying guns around might be dangerous??

starkvegasdawg
08-19-2018, 09:44 PM
Now why are those government places exempt? Maybe it's because people carrying guns around might be dangerous??

I don't have hard figures in front of me, but I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of enhanced carry holders are law abiding citizens.

craigmid
08-20-2018, 05:22 AM
Plastic flask sales have gone through the roof.

Dawg61
08-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Nobody gets cookies for being law abiding citizens. It's literally what you're supposed to be doing. 99% of the people in Davis Wade are law abiding citizens. That don't mean they should be packing heat while stuffing their fat faces with nachos. No guns in the stadiums. Can't handle that stay at home and jerk it to Faux News instead crybabies.

starkvegasdawg
08-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Nobody gets cookies for being law abiding citizens. It's literally what you're supposed to be doing. 99% of the people in Davis Wade are law abiding citizens. That don't mean they should be packing heat while stuffing their fat faces with nachos. No guns in the stadiums. Can't handle that stay at home and jerk it to Faux News instead crybabies.

And it's posts like this that got you banned from the political board.

BB30
08-20-2018, 01:46 PM

Or it could be because those places listed may have an angry person that dislikes the police/ got screwed over by a judge etc. that would want to do harm to those individuals moreso than someone at mcdonalds.

It is pretty obvious why those places would be listed... There are also generally several people in those places that already have a firearm so it isn't necessary for someone else to carry there.