PDA

View Full Version : Always a good reminder

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 05:14 PM
https://twitter.com/Bulldog_Graphic/status/1029791642168053762

3rdGen
08-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Yes it is! Straight and steady climb got us here.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Yes it is! Straight and steady climb got us here.

I think the football may be skewed a little bit because Ole Miss had a three game winning streak when we were on probation from 2002-2004, Dan's BS for 2014, 15, and 17, plus Nick's injury on a dirty play in 17 which of course is applied to Dan's BS as well.

3rdGen
08-15-2018, 10:23 PM
Yes I agree without those distractions at the end of the year for NAD it would have brought our numbers up there. I definitely feel like we are in a better place here now. Just gonna enjoy it, hope that we keep racking up wins on everyone we can.

tireddawg
08-15-2018, 11:05 PM
I think the football may be skewed a little bit because Ole Miss had a three game winning streak when we were on probation from 2002-2004, Dan's BS for 2014, 15, and 17, plus Nick's injury on a dirty play in 17 which of course is applied to Dan's BS as well.

If we go on a 3 game win streak due to their NCAA troubles, will those wins be skewed? I get what you're saying but I'd rather not make excuses. Last year = skewed.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 11:11 PM
If we go on a 3 game win streak due to their NCAA troubles, will those wins be skewed? I get what you're saying but I'd rather not make excuses. Last year = skewed.

No- because we're better anyway.

Johnson85
08-16-2018, 08:13 AM
Depressing how close basketball is. We really squandered a good position there. Has to be depressing for Ole Miss to see the baseball numbers. We have shot ourselves in the foot over and over in baseball and they've had an extremely stable situation with a good coach and the best they've been able to do is keep it close.

Need to take advantage in football, basketball, and baseball now that we're positioned well in each one.

sleepy dawg
08-16-2018, 02:57 PM

That sounds like Ole Miss logic Todd. You can't pick and choose which seasons count.

Pit Bull
08-17-2018, 06:43 AM
Don't see either school dominating from here on out. We're both about the same size schools. About the same sized athletic budgets. About the same size fan base. Sometimes we do a little better in some categories, sometimes they do. Just not enough from either school to say we "own" them over the years. I am a little interested to see how one of our beloved alums will run their basketball program.....hope not as good as our other alum ran their girls program for years a while back.

Johnson85
08-17-2018, 09:16 AM
Don't see either school dominating from here on out. We're both about the same size schools. About the same sized athletic budgets. About the same size fan base. Sometimes we do a little better in some categories, sometimes they do. Just not enough from either school to say we "own" them over the years. I am a little interested to see how one of our beloved alums will run their basketball program.....hope not as good as our other alum ran their girls program for years a while back.

Neither should dominate the other. We should grow our advantage with instate alumni, which might help in recruiting going forward. We don't have the racial baggage they have, but that apparently doesn't matter.

Just going to be a matter of who does a better job picking coaches for the foreseeable future.