PDA

View Full Version : Joe is taking the team to the water park

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 04:00 PM
Dan took us to the farm.

Joe > Dan yet again.

I think this is a cool treat for our players. It breaks up camp a little bit and lets them have some fun. Plus, I have a saying- swimming will get you ripped. So our guys will be exercising some depending on what they do in the water.

Jack Lambert
08-15-2018, 04:03 PM
Dan took us to the farm.

Joe > Dan yet again.

I think this is a cool treat for our players. It breaks up camp a little bit and lets them have some fun. Plus, I have a saying- swimming will get you ripped. So our guys will be exercising some depending on what they do in the water.

What water park?

Irondawg
08-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Geyser Falls

Dawgowar
08-15-2018, 04:14 PM
Just so long as he doesn?t Wear shorts.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 04:34 PM
Just so long as he doesn?t Wear shorts.

Does a bathing suit count as shorts?**

TrapGame
08-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Does a bathing suit count as shorts?**

https://intuiyou.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/borat-mankini.jpg?w=662

We don't wan't to see that.. if you do click on it - Scooba

msbulldog
08-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Dan took us to the farm.

Joe > Dan yet again.

I have run major waterparks before, the pools are not designed for water exercise.

IMissJack
08-15-2018, 07:10 PM
Geyser Falls

Where is Geyser Falls?

Hambone
08-15-2018, 07:13 PM
Philadelphia, MS

Dawgowar
08-15-2018, 07:27 PM
No - and I doubt CJM will ever coach a game in either.

craigmid
08-15-2018, 07:28 PM
I have run major waterparks before, the pools are not designed for water exercise.

Wut? Did you forget the scarcastrics?

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2018, 07:33 PM
The players seems love this staff.

In just the past few days, Fitz, Sweat, and Hill have all posted twitter and Instagram posts saying so.

Who knows if it'll lead to more wins, but regardless of how successful Mullen was, it appears as though this breath of fresh air was very much welcomed.

Homedawg
08-15-2018, 08:13 PM
The players seems love this staff.

In just the past few days, Fitz, Sweat, and Hill have all posted twitter and Instagram posts saying so.

Who knows if it'll lead to more wins, but regardless of how successful Mullen was, it appears as though this breath of fresh air was very much welcomed.

As much as I like the new staff, don't care if the players like them. I just want them to respect them and play hard for em. The like can them later. 30 years ago no duke players liked coach K. He seemed to do ok. Not arguing w you point, shotgun, they do appear to like them. Just win games.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2018, 08:47 PM
As much as I like the new staff, don't care if the players like them. I just want them to respect them and play hard for em. The like can them later. 30 years ago no duke players liked coach K. He seemed to do ok. Not arguing w you point, shotgun, they do appear to like them. Just win games.

100% agree.

Can't hurt for recruiting though.

TALL DAWG
08-15-2018, 09:13 PM
100% agree.

Can't hurt for recruiting though.

Players like coaches...coaches like players....each other work hard for ?each other?...that is a winning combination.
And a BIG YES on helping with recruiting.
Hail State!

Dawg61
08-15-2018, 09:15 PM
It's possible to simultaneously be a coach that is liked, respected and tough. It's time for the old school mentality of being a dickhead to players/employees to die.

Homedawg
08-15-2018, 09:32 PM
It's possible to simultaneously be a coach that is liked, respected and tough. It's time for the old school mentality of being a dickhead to players/employees to die.
Nobody said you have to be a dick. Just hat different people respond different ways. Hard to get everyone to get on board w any way. Just a fact.

TrapGame
08-15-2018, 09:38 PM

Yep. Remember the Fordham player that visited our board. He said after a few months they were ready to run through a brick wall for him. He connects with players in a way only a few coaches do.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 10:14 PM
Wut? Did you forget the scarcastrics?

Well, technically in this case I apparently was the one who forgot them.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 10:16 PM

I think it is headed that way. At least in my profession it's already that way. If you yell at someone even if they deserve it you might get in trouble or fired.

It's just the way our society is nowadays. Not that it's a bad thing.

TXDawg
08-15-2018, 11:31 PM
Yeah...Dan never let them have fun...

How quickly we forget how much we loved Dan when he was here and doing “new”, “fresh” stuff with and for the players. Have we already forgotten the ‘between the legs STRIKE’ our center got at the bowling alley a few years back?

Agree that it was time for Dan to go and LOVE the Moorhead hire, but let’s not pretend that Dan didn’t let the kids have fun.

GreenheadDawg
08-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Yeah...Dan never let them have fun...

How quickly we forget how much we loved Dan when he was here and doing “new”, “fresh” stuff with and for the players. Have we already forgotten the ‘between the legs STRIKE’ our center got at the bowling alley a few years back?

Agree that it was time for Dan to go and LOVE the Moorhead hire, but let’s not pretend that Dan didn’t let the kids have fun.

Calm down Meagan

Jack Lambert
08-16-2018, 07:55 AM

One thing they taught in NCO school years ago was you can be respected with out being hated.

BigEasyDawg
08-16-2018, 08:44 AM
Philadelphia, MS

Choctaw, MS ***

Cooterpoot
08-16-2018, 08:48 AM

And there's also a difference in calling a player a mother17r and getting on their ass. Something the last staff didn't understand. Plus, I didn't see our guys playing hard for Dan at the end of many seasons. Between him stepping out on them to job hunt and that no fun BS, it hurts the team late in the year.
Even Saban lets his guys have fun.

MadDawg
08-16-2018, 08:52 AM
If you yell at someone even if they deserve it you might get in trouble or fired.

It's called the pussification of America.

You're opinion.

Mobile Bay
08-16-2018, 09:00 AM

Players have always liked Coach O. Just saying.

TrapGame
08-16-2018, 09:19 AM
I see the other board has a thread where this is a bad thing and it's making the team soft. Evidently three a days in sweltering heat with limited water breaks is the way to go.

Dawg61
08-16-2018, 09:19 AM
It's called the pussification of America.
You're opinion.

Baby boomers are internet bad asses

Cooterpoot
08-16-2018, 09:20 AM
Players have always liked Coach O. Just saying.

You obviously didn't see some of the OM player comments about him. Several thought he was a damn idiot.

Cooterpoot
08-16-2018, 09:27 AM
When you've got as many upperclassmen as we've got, and a program that's been fairly successful the past 8 years, you don't have to be a total jackass. Those guys understand what's at stake and what's required. The young guys see how those guys work too.
The players talking negatively about Dan, combined with Court being in trouble, and Urban being in trouble should give you an idea of how that environment was. I'm sure it wasn't all terrible all the time, but it wore on a lot of guys.
Then, you had Dan that wanted to take off time for himself. That was an issue people don't mention. But he didn't want his kids to get any free time?

MadDawg
08-16-2018, 10:07 AM

Having the ability to take a brow beating without melting down into a puddle doesn't make you a bad ass. A little self-confidence and maturity will do the trick. You don't have to be 60 either.

tcdog70
08-16-2018, 10:14 AM

being that Boomers fought in the Jungles of Nam--We are pretty much bad asses. our Children are where we dropped the ball.

Dawg61
08-16-2018, 10:51 AM
being that Boomers fought in the Jungles of Nam--We are pretty much bad asses. our Children are where we dropped the ball.

More U.S. soldiers have served since 9/11 than during Vietnam.

Since 2001, 2.77 million service members have served on 5.4 million deployments across the world

Jack Lambert
08-16-2018, 11:17 AM

I joined the marine corp and went to war. I'll leave it at that. I am Generation X. My dad was a Marine in Vietnam. The treatment they got when they come home was horrible. I will say this Gen Y have their problems but they did fight two wars. One in Iraq and one in Afghanistan and just kicked ass in both. You have to give that Generation Credit for that. I fought in the desert. I have had jungle war fair training and cold weather training. I can honestly say all really suck.

Johnson85
08-16-2018, 11:49 AM
I joined the marine corp and went to war. I'll leave it at that. I am Generation X. My dad was a Marine in Vietnam. The treatment they got when they come home was horrible. I will say this Gen Y have their problems but they did fight two wars. One in Iraq and one in Afghanistan and just kicked ass in both. You have to give that Generation Credit for that. I fought in the desert. I have had jungle war fair training and cold weather training. I can honestly say all really suck.

I don't think many people are complaining about enlistees when they complain about millenials. More like the gender studies graduates complaining about only being able to get a job as a barista.

Dawg61
08-16-2018, 12:11 PM
I don't think many people are complaining about enlistees when they complain about millenials.

Complaining about younger generations is like a snowflake calling someone a snowflake.

iPat09
08-16-2018, 12:37 PM
I'll add my 2 cents. I never played sports, I was a band kid, but I also marched DCI. For 3 different summers, I toured the country, perfecting a marching show, and competing against other groups from all over the country. In 2004 and 2005, I hated it, mainly because of the way the staff treated us. It was pushups for this, pushups for that, take a lap, etc. I hated it so much that I skipped out in 2006 and came back in 2007. That year, we also did pushups, running, and other PT for making mistakes. The difference was how the new staff in 07 lifted us up after pushing us down. It was, go take a lap/do pushups so you don't do it again, followed by, let me show you how you can fix your mistake. There's nothing wrong with being pushed whatsoever. Punish when done wrong, but remember to reward when done right, when the hard work pays off. People tend to forget part 2. Positivity breeds positivity.

By the way, in 2004 and 2005, we came in 11th and 12, respectively. In 2007, with the new staff and attitude, we won our division and were crowned world champs. I still have the ring to prove it. While the overall amount of hard work actually increased in 2007 (Late night rehearsals in the hotel parking lot during finals in Pasadena come to mind), I was prepared to run through a wall for those guys, and it's all because of their attitude. It was more helping and teaching rather than demanding.

Like I said, just my 2 cents.

bulldawg28
08-16-2018, 12:41 PM
I think it is headed that way. At least in my profession it's already that way. If you yell at someone even if they deserve it you might get in trouble or fired.

Agreed, it's hard to correct people hard and them forget it.

Johnson85
08-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Complaining about younger generations is like a snowflake calling someone a snowflake.

It's a time honored tradition.

It's mostly all BS and just people complaining about the generation their own generation raised (and therefore should be blamed for), except I would argue that Boomers and Millenials are actually the worst generations ever, with Boomers "winning" the title because they don't have the excuse of having been raised by Boomers.

Dawg61
08-16-2018, 01:27 PM

It's mostly all BS and just people complaining about the generation their own generation raised (and therefore should be blamed for), except I would argue that Boomers and Millenials are actually the worst generations ever, with Boomers "winning" the title because they don't have the excuse of having been raised by Boomers.

Too many world changing technological advances in the last 30 years to call millennials the worst generation ever. I don't think any generations are worthy of best or worst titles and I don't think it's wise to label them either. I think labeling the WW2 generation the greatest generation is one of the single stupidest ideas ever. Let's create an entire generation of kids that will never feel like they can live up to their parents generation. What a brilliant idea! Was there even psychiatrists before the baby boomers all needed em?

Cooterpoot
08-16-2018, 01:43 PM
This board is going to shit. Millenials, Boomers, losers whatever. Damn ADHD fools can't stay on topic.

I seen it dawg
08-16-2018, 02:17 PM
With Mullen we always practiced like shit the practice after his "fun" times. He always bitched about it. Now let's see how this team responds and what their maturity level is today at practice. I bet it's a damn good practice. And it's reflective on the leadership.

Dawg61
08-16-2018, 03:09 PM
This board is going to shit. Millenials, Boomers, losers whatever. Damn ADHD fools can't stay on topic.

You're the standard

Jack Lambert
08-16-2018, 03:10 PM

The funny thing is the generation that did fight WWII was thought to be lazy and soft before WWII.

dawgs
08-16-2018, 03:34 PM

When I played sports in HS, I played much harder for coaches I liked than ones that treated me like shit. Treat me like a human and coach me and have some fun with me and I'll run through a wall for you. Yell and scream and stomp and generally push me away, and I'd rather walk off the field and quit than play hard for you. Our asshole junior high HC got promoted to HS HC my sophomore season, and myself along with all but 3 other guys in my class refused to play. He lasted 1 season and we all came back and played our junior and senior years for a new coach, going to the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade my senior year.

Jack Lambert
08-16-2018, 03:38 PM

Sorry but when someone brings the Military into the subject I am in.

dawgs
08-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Too many world changing technological advances in the last 30 years to call millennials the worst generation ever. I don't think any generations are worthy of best or worst titles and I don't think it's wise to label them either. I think labeling the WW2 generation the greatest generation is one of the single stupidest ideas ever. Let's create an entire generation of kids that will never feel like they can live up to their parents generation. What a brilliant idea! Was there even psychiatrists before the baby boomers all needed em?

What's funny about the millennial complaints is I don't know any "millennials" that actually act like the stereotypes everyone hates on them for. Millennials are roughly 25-40 year olds at this point depending on your source which corresponds to roughly the age of people in my social circle. It's my nieces and nephews, especially on my wife's side of the family that have all the millennial stereotypes, and they are all HS and college age, which is too young for millennials. Honestly, I feel like teen is just used to stereotype anything younger than you that you don't understand or "get" in the same way that everything is "hipster". It's used so frequently and so randomly that it simply has no meaning anymore really.

Jack Lambert
08-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Back to the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHqxrsUg5r8

Quaoarsking
08-16-2018, 05:07 PM
The funny thing is the generation that did fight WWII was thought to be lazy and soft before WWII.

Yep. Every generation, going back to ancient times, rips on the later generations. I just wish that people realized that a lot of their attacks on millenials are really attacks on the generation coming after us.

msbulldog
08-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Back to the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHqxrsUg5r8

Thanks for the post Jack! Brings back a lot of memories, built one in Ridgeland in 1983 and ran it for 3 years. That was the best job I ever had, 600 bikini's a day guaranteed! Rep given

Dawg61
08-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the post Jack! Brings back a lot of memories, built one in Ridgeland in 1983 and ran it for 3 years. That was the best job I ever had, 600 bikini's a day guaranteed! Rep given

Wait what? You BUILT a waterpark in 1983?? Like you owned a waterpark that you built yourself? Umm gonna need a lot more info on this please. Your story has the potential of EDRemembers. Come thru

Todd4State
08-16-2018, 10:01 PM
Wait what? You BUILT a waterpark in 1983?? Like you owned a waterpark that you built yourself? Umm gonna need a lot more info on this please. Your story has the potential of EDRemembers. Come thru

My educated guess is he owned Waterland USA. Had a lot of good times there in the 1990's.

Mutt the Hoople
08-17-2018, 07:09 PM
One thing they taught in NCO school years ago was you can be respected with out being hated.

Riiiiiiiiiight

Mutt the Hoople
08-17-2018, 07:17 PM

A lot of the World war 1 vets thought they were too soft and couldn't fight against the Nazis or the Imperial Japanese....

msbulldog
08-17-2018, 07:32 PM

Yes it was Waterland USA in Ridgeland. I was hired as a construction manager in 1983. I became General Manager/Marketing Director for three seasons, through 1986.

msbulldog
08-17-2018, 07:34 PM
My educated guess is he owned Waterland USA. Had a lot of good times there in the 1990's.

Yes it was Waterland USA in Ridgeland. I was hired as a construction manager in 1983. I became General Manager/Marketing Director for three seasons, through 1986. Todd our good times in the '90's were after I left. the GM was Gary Bennett.