PDA

View Full Version : LSU has QB 'Issues'

BiscuitEater
08-14-2018, 06:50 PM
New: #LSU QBs Justin McMillan and Lowell Narcisse are both absent from practice today for the first time during camp.

Joe Burrow and Myles Brennan the only scholarship arms here. https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-quarterbacks-not-practicing-Justin-McMillan-Lowell-Narcisse-120679703/

Both may be looking to leave

Jack Lambert
08-14-2018, 06:53 PM
That;s what O gets for bringing in QB's. Go recruit one out of high school and coach him up. LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss seems to always have to bring in rejects.

Captain Falcon
08-14-2018, 07:03 PM
Burrow will probably be a little better than Etling was, but not nearly good enough to make them a contender. I’m not sure they are going to be able to run the ball, and that is what could be fatal for them.

That Miami game is BIG. Lose there and it could go off the rails really quick for them.

KOdawg1
08-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Narcisse is transferring. Lol, and they chose him over Keytaon

TUSK
08-14-2018, 10:38 PM
1. LSU has had “QB issues” way before & after Mettenburger...

2. “QB issues” are not the major problem.

Commercecomet24
08-14-2018, 10:48 PM

Miles>>>Saban lol*******

justwin
08-14-2018, 11:34 PM
New: #LSU QBs Justin McMillan and Lowell Narcisse are both absent from practice today for the first time during camp.

Joe Burrow and Myles Brennan the only scholarship arms here. https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-quarterbacks-not-practicing-Justin-McMillan-Lowell-Narcisse-120679703/

Both may be looking to leave

Now just need hurts to wisen up & transfer. Don?t want to face his running

TUSK
08-15-2018, 12:34 AM
Now just need hurts to wisen up & transfer. Don?t want to face his running

Facing Hurts should be the preference for Bammer's opponents, this year...

Not that it'll make a difference...

RiverCityDawg
08-15-2018, 05:37 AM

I agree Tua is probably better, but if Hurts leaves and Tua goes down, you're running out an unknown guy. You guys have been lucky with no QB injuries, but it doesn't always work that way.

Doesn't matter, I guess, I don't think Hurts is leaving. I'm sure he'll try to only play in 4 games or less and be there in case of emergency so he can redshirt. Surely Saban will work with him on that if he loses the job after all he's done there.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2018, 07:18 AM
LSU does not have QB issues if Burrow is good.

QB depth has never been a necessity to winning football games.

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2018, 07:54 AM

No idea why Hurts don't transfer. Why waste you eligibility after taking a team to the national championship twice. He should have transfered to FL in the offseason, taken a redshirt and came back next year with 2 to play. But he didn't and now he will be a distraction in every game Tua has issues.

yjnkdawg
08-15-2018, 07:56 AM
LSU does not have QB issues if Burrow is good.

QB depth has never been a necessity to winning football games.

As long as Burrow performs , as all the people who should be in the know think he will, and he stays healthy, then that may not be a quarterback issue for O and LSU. It is still a band-aid approach in your quarterback situation, and I had much rather go in the direction that we are going. Now if Burrow doesn't perform as expected or gets injured, then I guess we will see how good Brennan is at performing against SEC quality competition. So as long as your best quarterback is available to play, then depth "may not" be a necessity in helping you to win football games.

yjnkdawg
08-15-2018, 08:13 AM
Narcisse is transferring. Lol, and they chose him over Keytaon

More power to Narcisse. LSU is going in the same direction as OM does now. This is just a temporary fix by bringing Burrow in ,if it does work? When you were told you were the No 1 priority, when you were being recruited, and then the coach brings in a grad transfer, who everybody says will be the starting quarterback, why would you want to stay.

Jack Lambert
08-15-2018, 08:30 AM
No idea why Hurts don't transfer. Why waste you eligibility after taking a team to the national championship twice. He should have transfered to FL in the offseason, taken a redshirt and came back next year with 2 to play. But he didn't and now he will be a distraction in every game Tua has issues.

I think he didn't transfer because he only has 15 hours to graduate. If he doesn't see the field this season he can still red shirt at bama for the season. At the end of this semester he can transfer and play the next year as a graduate transfer.

justwin
08-15-2018, 09:02 AM

Not vs MSU. Hurts is a worse matchup for MSU than tua. We will hit & get to to tua but hurts, like sims, will convert a few 1st downs with his running. Those running 1st downs + the 3 plays the refs will give bama will be the difference like 2014 & last year.

bostondawg
08-15-2018, 11:20 AM
That doesn't really seem like issues to me. Two people were 3rd and 4th on the depth chart so they're leaving. Happens all the time.

/thread

Bass Chaser
08-15-2018, 11:25 AM

https://s33.postimg.cc/qs1phiw8f/E3_F7_C25_E-0545-4_C30-9437-_E0_CB7_E063_EE0.png

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-15-2018, 12:05 PM
https://s33.postimg.cc/qs1phiw8f/E3_F7_C25_E-0545-4_C30-9437-_E0_CB7_E063_EE0.png

man that is absolutely brutal. They can get the guys to campus, but are so terrible at developing them all the QBs leave to find a real staff.

Don't worry though, now that they have a 20+ year TE coach as the OC and QB coach all will be fine...

TrapGame
08-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Coach O, the QB Screamer.

TUSK
08-15-2018, 12:44 PM

Good post, Chaser... and it got me to thinking about how many have left Bammer.... Check this out:

2007 Nick Fanuzzi xfer
2008 Star Jackson xfer
2009 AJ McCarron grad
2010 Phillip Sims xfer
2011 Phillip Ely xfer
2012 Alec Morris xfer
2013 Cooper Bateman xfer
2013 Parker McCloud xfer
2014 David Cornwell xfer
2015 Blake Barnett xfer

Discounting transfers in and guys on the current roster, MDL has signed 10 QBs and 9 transferred out... I was surprised...

But I guess that kinda thing goes on more than we notice...

confucius say
08-15-2018, 12:56 PM
Good post, Chaser... and it got me to thinking about how many have left Bammer.... Check this out:

2007 Nick Fanuzzi xfer
2008 Star Jackson xfer
2009 AJ McCarron grad
2010 Phillip Sims xfer
2011 Phillip Ely xfer
2012 Alec Morris xfer
2013 Cooper Bateman xfer
2013 Parker McCloud xfer
2014 David Cornwell xfer
2015 Blake Barnett xfer

Discounting transfers in and guys on the current roster, MDL has signed 10 QBs and 9 transferred out... I was surprised...

Blake sims?

McElroy from 07-09 right?

TUSK
08-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Blake sims?

McElroy from 07-09 right?

Blake was signed as a RB, but he did graduate as a "QB"....

McElroy was a Shula signee....

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-15-2018, 01:46 PM

2007 Nick Fanuzzi xfer
2008 Star Jackson xfer
2009 AJ McCarron grad
2010 Phillip Sims xfer
2011 Phillip Ely xfer
2012 Alec Morris xfer
2013 Cooper Bateman xfer
2013 Parker McCloud xfer
2014 David Cornwell xfer
2015 Blake Barnett xfer

Key difference is that you guys actually have competent starters... a top 300 player at QB isn't going to ride the bench till his eligibility is over. When y'all have a QB win the job, a few backups transfer.

LSU has absolute crap at QB yet still have top 300 players at QB transfer out because the coaching is so bad they themselves can't even get to "average", which would earn them the starter role if they could.

They transfer from dysfunction more than anything, your QB's transfer because Saban find a solid guy ahead of them. In this case, Coach O knew the QB development for his 4 star QBs was really bad and he brought in a transfer. Facing an extra guy ahead of them that they didn't sign up for, it's rational for them to leave.

TUSK
08-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Key difference is that you guys actually have competent starters... a top 300 player at QB isn't going to ride the bench till his eligibility is over. When y'all have a QB win the job, a few backups transfer.

LSU has absolute crap at QB yet still have top 300 players at QB transfer out because the coaching is so bad they themselves can't even get to "average", which would earn them the starter role if they could.

They transfer from dysfunction more than anything, your QB's transfer because Saban find a solid guy ahead of them. In this case, Coach O knew the QB development for his 4 star QBs was really bad and he brought in a transfer. Facing an extra guy ahead of them that they didn't sign up for, it's rational for them to leave.

That was kinda my original point, buddy... it's that "coaching" (or lack thereof) is as much (or more) to blame for LSU's woes than the QBs....