PDA

View Full Version : Anriel Howard did Play today in Italy in the Womens Basketball 72-49 win..........

99jc
08-13-2018, 05:44 PM
some of you 17ers need to quit posting things as fact as you obviously don't know what the HELL your talking about. You Know who you ARE!

McCowan, Bulldogs Power Past TK Hannover In Florence

August 13, 2018

FLORENCE, Italy ? Teaira McCowan put together another dominant performance in the post, tallying 23 points and 15 rebounds as Mississippi State defeated German professional team TK Hannover 72-49 Monday afternoon outside Florence, Italy.

McCowan actually posted her second-straight double-double of the tour in the first half, as she collected 19 points and all 15 rebounds before seeing limited action in the second half.

The All-American from Brenham, Texas, made 50 percent (8-of-16) from the field and converted on 7 of her 9 free-throw attempts.

Sophomore Chloe Bibby also turned in another double-digit scoring performance, notching 13 points on the night, 11 in the first half. The Warracknabeal, Australia, native was 6-of-10 from the floor.

"I thought we played really well," MSU head coach Vic Schaefer said. "It was a very physical game, and the more physical for Teaira the better. Some of us were up to the challenge with how physical it was, but we have to go a long way with our young depth. They have a lot to learn, which is why this trip is so important for them.

"Our veterans continue to play like veterans. Chloe continues to shoot it well, and she along with Teaira, Jazz (Holmes) and Jo (Danberry) are doing a heck of a job from a veteran standpoint. It was a good win today against a really good team."

McCowan, the Bulldogs' All-American senior center, scored nine points in the first quarter, including five of MSU's final 10 of the frame, to help put State out to an early 20-13 edge.

As it did in the tour opener in Rome, Mississippi State turned up the defensive pressure in the second quarter, out-scoring TK Hannover 23-14 to take a 43-27 lead to the break.

Bibby ignited the second-quarter offense with nine-straight points, and McCowan followed by pouring in the final 10 points of the period.

Freshmen Daphane White and Xaria Wiggins each added five points, and Anriel Howard, Iggy Allen and Zion Campbell contributed four points apiece.

Prior to Monday's game, the Bulldogs had the opportunity to tour the historic city of Florence and visit the Accademia Gallery, home of Michelangelo's famous sculpture "The David."

State loads the bus on Tuesday and heads to Venice, where it will have the opportunity to ride in the famous gondolas and also see sites such as St. Marc's Square, Procuratie Vecchi and the Bridge of Sighs.

The Bulldogs tour Trieste on Wednesday before trekking to Como on Thursday for its final game of the tour against International Select

ScoobaDawg
08-13-2018, 06:33 PM
some of you 17ers need to quit posting things as fact as you obviously don't know what the HELL your talking about. You Know who you ARE!

I don't know who the hell you think you are calling out when you didn't even any damn knowledge about the situation. So maybe you should just chill the 17 out....

We are all damn glad she got over there somehow when it wasn't expected by everyone who was asked.

99jc
08-13-2018, 06:37 PM
I don't know who the hell you think you are calling out when you didn't even any damn knowledge about the situation. So maybe you should just chill the 17 out....

We are all damn glad she got over there somehow when it wasn't expected by everyone who was asked.

Hmm struck a nerve did we? LOL!

mstatefan91
08-13-2018, 06:56 PM
Nobody on this board knew if she would make it over or not. Many assumed she wouldn’t at all after she wasn’t on the initial flight over.

Only one poster I know of made a blanket statement about it one way or the other

RocketDawg
08-13-2018, 07:13 PM
Somebody said she was attending graduation services if I'm not mistaken.

Leroy Jenkins
08-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Somebody said she was attending graduation services if I'm not mistaken.

Thats what I remember....

I dont know what OP is bitching about. Its easy to call someone out after the fact.

msbulldog
08-13-2018, 07:30 PM
Just glad we got her, she will add a needed dimension to the team next year.

Rick Danko
08-13-2018, 09:19 PM
17 off, all of you, just got 17 off.... that is all!