PDA

View Full Version : Any update on Carter Stewart?

Pinto
08-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Hail state

Leroy Jenkins
08-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Lemoins said the JUCO rumor was false. The decision is whether to go with the Braves offer or not. Deadline is coming up

Homedawg
08-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Lemoins said the JUCO rumor was false. The decision is whether to go with the Braves offer or not. Deadline is coming up

Um,......you do know the going to the braves part is way past right??? So that's out.

Leroy Jenkins
08-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Um,......you do know the going to the braves part is way past right??? So that's out.

Not according to Chris Lemonis.... like 3 hrs ago.

"A lot of people thought it was a Juco or MSU situation with Carter. That's not the case, he's still working out some stuff with MLB and the Braves.... physicals, things like that. He has a complicated situation."

So don't take it from me, I don't care.

smootness
08-13-2018, 06:15 PM
No, the Braves are done as an option. Unless there's some MLB loophole nobody knows about.

Tbonewannabe
08-13-2018, 06:26 PM
No, the Braves are done as an option. Unless there's some MLB loophole nobody knows about.

Would the medical discussion change the normal deadline? Selfishly, I want Small, Stewart, and Ginn as our weekend rotation with all the arms we have coming back. That is an elite rotation.

smootness
08-13-2018, 06:32 PM
Would the medical discussion change the normal deadline? Selfishly, I want Small, Stewart, and Ginn as our weekend rotation with all the arms we have coming back. That is an elite rotation.

I don't know enough to say anything for sure, but I can't remember ever seeing that.

vv83
08-13-2018, 06:47 PM

I personally have zero knowledge, but the MLB is such a different animal than the NBA and NFL I could see this being the case. Maybe some weird 60 day appeal on physicals or something else obscure

msstate7
08-13-2018, 06:53 PM
I personally have zero knowledge, but the MLB is such a different animal than the NBA and NFL I could see this being the case. Maybe some weird 60 day appeal on physicals or something else obscure

I would think there would be some info from braves' sources if this were the case. I say no way.... juco or state

Todd4State
08-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Well.....WAY back in the day I remember that the rule used to be that if you stepped on campus you couldn't sign. Kirk Presley went to MSU for a few days and MLB basically changed their own rules so that the Mets could sign him.

So, yeah- MLB can do whatever the hell they want.

Todd4State
08-13-2018, 06:54 PM

Do you have a link? I'm not doubting you I would just like to see what he is saying.

Leroy Jenkins
08-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Do you have a link? I'm not doubting you I would just like to see what he is saying.

http://www.supertalk.fm/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=27721

Sure, Todd. 9:50 mark, hour one.

Leroy Jenkins
08-13-2018, 07:13 PM

If I tell you a chicken dips snuff, you better check under his wing for a can...

Homedawg
08-13-2018, 07:30 PM
Well.....WAY back in the day I remember that the rule used to be that if you stepped on campus you couldn't sign. Kirk Presley went to MSU for a few days and MLB basically changed their own rules so that the Mets could sign him.

Presley never went to class. He was here. But never went

Todd4State
08-13-2018, 07:44 PM
http://www.supertalk.fm/audio-archives/h2h-archives/?recording_id=27721

Sure, Todd. 9:50 mark, hour one.

Thank you!

I didn't take his comment to necessarily mean that JUCO wasn't an option and the Braves were. Maybe it's just how I took it that he's still considering his options about what to do going forward.

Homedawg
08-13-2018, 07:50 PM
Thank you!

I didn't take his comment to necessarily mean that JUCO wasn't an option and the Braves were. Maybe it's just how I took it that he's still considering his options about what to do going forward.

I just listened and this would be an unreal loophole if this is an option. Nobody, and I mean nobody has heard of this.

Todd4State
08-13-2018, 09:06 PM
I just listened and this would be an unreal loophole if this is an option. Nobody, and I mean nobody has heard of this.

I'm not sure what the loophole is based on that interview? Lemonis just said it was complicated. Kind of makes me wonder if the Stewart's are going to claim collusion occurred?

Dawg61
08-13-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure what the loophole is based on that interview? Lemonis just said it was complicated. Kind of makes me wonder if the Stewart's are going to claim collusion occurred?

Hell yea!! Sue the Braves for $5 mill and come play for State. Sounds perfect

TaleofTwoDogs
08-13-2018, 09:57 PM
Speculation is that Stewart injured his wrist while batting which came up in his physical with the Braves. Can't confirm the nature of his injury. Things have been really quiet from a public stand point.

The last entry on his twitter page (Carter Stewart @Carterstewart26) was July 6 2018 the day of the MBL signing deadline. He said, "I have always dreamed of playing professional baseball but now is not that time."

No mention of JUCO or MSU.

Matty Dispatch
08-14-2018, 06:17 AM
Thank you!

That was interesting to listen to and very confusing as well. It's hard to tell if Lemonis is saying the Stewart has to think of his future with MLB as in the 2019 draft or signing a contract any day now. I kind of think it's the former. If he refused to sign for $2 million, and there's all these deadlines and rules in place for signing and draft rights, etc., I just can't imagine how MLB would let the Braves sign him for $2 million or more now after the deadline. And if they could just sign him for $100K signing bonus with a 5 year $10 million deal or something like that as a free agent, then they would be circumventing the draft process. I think he's either going juco or coming to State.

Spiderman
08-14-2018, 11:42 AM

Naw, the rule was you had to attend the 1st class. Presley never did attend a class, if I'm remembering correctly. We had somebody literally sign at 7;50 am before an 8 am class one year

Spiderman
08-14-2018, 11:43 AM
That was interesting to listen to and very confusing as well. It's hard to tell if Lemonis is saying the Stewart has to think of his future with MLB as in the 2019 draft or signing a contract any day now. I kind of think it's the former. If he refused to sign for $2 million, and there's all these deadlines and rules in place for signing and draft rights, etc., I just can't imagine how MLB would let the Braves sign him for $2 million or more now after the deadline. And if they could just sign him for $100K signing bonus with a 5 year $10 million deal or something like that as a free agent, then they would be circumventing the draft process. I think he's either going juco or coming to State.

He could just sit out, and rehab a year if he wants to

I seen it dawg
08-15-2018, 07:32 PM
Yeah do what Hochevar did

Ifyouonlyknew
08-15-2018, 07:42 PM
I hear things are quietly trending towards Carter coming to MSU

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-15-2018, 08:25 PM

Honestly I'm surprised given how strange this whole thing has been

Commercecomet24
08-15-2018, 08:57 PM

Things are definitely trending our way.

SmokeyDawg
08-15-2018, 08:57 PM
I guess we should know in the next week when school starts? I'm sure we would find room if he waits until January though.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 10:12 PM
Yeah do what Hochevar did

Hochevar played at Tennessee first though.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 10:13 PM
I guess we should know in the next week when school starts? I'm sure we would find room if he waits until January though.

For a first round caliber pitcher of course we will make room.

maroonmania
08-15-2018, 10:14 PM
If he comes would this be the best MSU baseball recruiting class ever? I would think with 2 first rounders coming on to the team it would almost have to be.

Bdawg
08-15-2018, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know the extent of his injury? Can he contribute next spring? I'm sure the staff is ready to get him on board and start their own rehab on him.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know the extent of his injury? Can he contribute next spring? I'm sure the staff is ready to get him on board and start their own rehab on him.

His wrist is supposed to be ok

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 10:24 PM
If he comes would this be the best MSU baseball recruiting class ever? I would think with 2 first rounders coming on to the team it would almost have to be.

I think you could make a case for it being the best. Eric Cerentola is a really good pitcher that was a top 200 prospect by MLB, drafted and played for Team Canada. Hayden Jones could be a three year starter at catcher depending on how this fall and spring go. I think losing Regi Grace and Bryce Bush hurt. Especially Bush because I think he would have developed into a power hitter for us. Ginn should be a really good hitter and I think Landon Jordan is going to be a really good hitter for us. Hunter Blalock and Basiel Williams are both pretty raw. They could be good players or busts. And I like Tyler Spring from Jones and I think Tucker Childers may be a good DH/role player for us.

I do think this class is a little lacking in hitters and outfielders but it's strong with it's pitchers- the first rounders, Cerentola, Brandon Smith, Christian MacLeoud, Bryce Brock are solid college prospects and Sam Knowlton is raw but has some upside if he's healthy.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 10:25 PM
His wrist is supposed to be ok

This.

msstate7
08-15-2018, 10:25 PM

The braves never released their concerns other than it was wrist related. Who knows, maybe the braves weren't worried about this wrist short term at all, but rather long term. Perhaps that amazing spin rate is doing damage to his wrist in the braves' opinion. Not sure anyone other than the braves, carter, and few doctors know for sure

Commercecomet24
08-15-2018, 11:01 PM
Carters been throwing. He's not hurting right now. They don't expect this wrist injury to be chronic. He injured it swinging a bat. I'm sure the torque from curveball exacerbated it some but he's rested and treated and throwing with no ill effects right now. Hope he's on campus soon. We'll see how it plays out.

Todd4State
08-15-2018, 11:15 PM
The braves never released their concerns other than it was wrist related. Who knows, maybe the braves weren't worried about this wrist short term at all, but rather long term. Perhaps that amazing spin rate is doing damage to his wrist in the braves' opinion. Not sure anyone other than the braves, carter, and few doctors know for sure

Or perhaps it was the bat he was swinging...

The bottom line is the Braves wanted to save some money. It's like that across MLB. They're always going to try to get a player as cheaply as they can. It has been going on at least since the Black Sox scandal and probably way before that.

Unless you are a washed up relief pitcher. Then the Cardinals will overpay for you. But other than that...

MedDawg
08-16-2018, 07:32 AM
Or perhaps it was the bat he was swinging...

Must have been an Adidas bat

hopsondawg22
08-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Don’t forget to add Brad Cumbest to this class also, he’s supposed to be a stud ball player also.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Don’t forget to add Brad Cumbest to this class also, he’s supposed to be a stud ball player also.

If Cumbest gives us anything at all consider it a bonus.

I seen it dawg
08-16-2018, 02:12 PM
Hochevar played at Tennessee first though.

I know

Commercecomet24
08-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Things are looking really good on the Carter Stewart front. Reason for optimism. Keep your fingers crossed.

BrunswickDawg
08-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Things are looking really good on the Carter Stewart front. Reason for optimism. Keep your fingers crossed.

Saw on Twitter that he was enrolled at State - but it was an account I didn't know, so I'll take it as rumor at this point.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Saw on Twitter that he was enrolled at State - but it was an account I didn't know, so I'll take it as rumor at this point.

He's enrolled & has a schedule & everything. He did that a week or so ago. That doesn't mean it's a done deal but it's definitely trending that way.

Commercecomet24
08-17-2018, 05:03 PM
He's enrolled & has a schedule & everything. He did that a week or so ago. That doesn't mean it's a done deal but it's definitely trending that way.

You are correct, not done deal yet but I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

MagnoliaLedger
08-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Report surfaced about 20 minutes ago that it's final, and he WILL NOT be a Dawg. Bummer if true.

msbulldog
08-17-2018, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info CC and IYOK! +1x2

MarketingBully
08-17-2018, 05:38 PM
Report surfaced about 20 minutes ago that it's final, and he WILL NOT be a Dawg. Bummer if true.

2 posts????? Nice.

maroonmania
08-17-2018, 05:40 PM
2 posts????? Nice.

Yes, and with no link to this so called "report".

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2018, 05:41 PM
David Murray is reporting it. Not sure of the source but that's the report.

MagnoliaLedger
08-17-2018, 05:41 PM
2 posts????? Nice.

Have to start somewhere right? I'm your typical long time reader/lurker that was too lazy to create an account. Just posting what I've read elsewhere.

MarketingBully
08-17-2018, 05:44 PM
David Murray is reporting it. Not sure of the source but that's the report.

He’s not going JUCO. I think the Braves may have reached a deal with him at the last possible second from reading the tea leaves of Murray’s post.

MagnoliaLedger
08-17-2018, 05:44 PM
Yes, and with no link to this so called "report".

I'm new. Whats the proper etiquette on linking another paid board?

Dawg61
08-17-2018, 06:33 PM
How the hell is it even possible that the Braves can still come in last second and offer him a better deal? What's the point of the previous deadline if it isn't a deadline.

Pit Bull
08-17-2018, 06:35 PM

Correct.....Will not be at MSU.

msstate7
08-17-2018, 06:36 PM
How the hell is it even possible that the Braves can still come in last second and offer him a better deal? What's the point of the previous deadline if it isn't a deadline.

I don't think you can. All of this speculation is from state people. I haven't seen anything at all on braves boards

MarketingBully
08-17-2018, 06:46 PM
I don't think you can. All of this speculation is from state people. I haven't seen anything at all on braves boards

He’s not going JUCO and negotiations have been ongoing. JUCO has been the wrong rumor.

msstate7
08-17-2018, 06:52 PM
He’s not going JUCO and negotiations have been ongoing. JUCO has been the wrong rumor.

Braves fans and writers have no idea then

Dawg61
08-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Does he have to go through fall ball to play for us this next season?

Hambone
08-17-2018, 06:57 PM
He’s not coming to State at all. He sitting out and resigning with Atlanta.

MarketingBully
08-17-2018, 07:02 PM

Yep, that is the word now.

msstate7
08-17-2018, 07:12 PM
When can he resign with the braves?

msbulldog
08-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Hell boy's we got JT Ginn! We're way better off than we were before the draft!

maroonmania
08-17-2018, 08:24 PM
When can he resign with the braves?

Yep, I'm now totally confused to what the deadline is even for?

msstate7
08-17-2018, 08:30 PM
Yep, I'm now totally confused to what the deadline is even for?

I think this is nonsense. Braves boards have every bit of info on the braves there is out there. I have not read one thing that even mentions carter is a possibility. Now how would there be rumors of carter to braves on state boards, but not brave boards when there is much more media covering the braves. No way he is signing with the braves... can anyone give the name of any mlb player that was signed after the deadline?

Todd4State
08-17-2018, 08:46 PM
I think this is nonsense. Braves boards have every bit of info on the braves there is out there. I have not read one thing that even mentions carter is a possibility. Now how would there be rumors of carter to braves on state boards, but not brave boards when there is much more media covering the braves. No way he is signing with the braves... can anyone give the name of any mlb player that was signed after the deadline?

Most MLB fans don't care that much about players that aren't actually on the team.

At least Cardinals fans don't.

Commercecomet24
08-17-2018, 08:57 PM
It was not 100% that he was coming to State but he was dang close to coming. Somethings changed in the last 2 days.

Commercecomet24
08-17-2018, 08:59 PM

Yeah there is absolutely nothing on the Braves boards about Carter signing with the Braves.

msstate7
08-17-2018, 09:11 PM
Most MLB fans don't care that much about players that aren't actually on the team.

At least Cardinals fans don't.

Brave fans do. On chopcounfry there is a draft thread and a milb games' thread every day. After sucking so long, we really got into prospect watching

Homedawg
08-17-2018, 10:00 PM
He?s not coming to State at all. He sitting out and resigning with Atlanta.

I'm not sure how you re-sign when you never signed before. But, I can't wait to see how this plays out. I have zero idea how he Braves can sign him. He's not a free agent. Makes no sense. I never ever thought he was coming here, even after he deadline, even though his dad went to state. I wish the kid well, his family has dealt with lots of adversity and deserve someone great to happen to them.

Steakonastick
08-17-2018, 11:47 PM
He’s gone. He’s picking 2 options- 1. He’s a free agent. 2. He’s gone.

smootness
08-18-2018, 12:03 AM
He’s gone. He’s picking 2 options- 1. He’s a free agent. 2. He’s gone.

He can't be a free agent. That's not how it works.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 12:41 AM
Brave fans do. On chopcounfry there is a draft thread and a milb games' thread every day. After sucking so long, we really got into prospect watching

MILB is apples and oranges. They're actually part of the organization.

Your average Braves fan is going to see Stewart as a guy that they didn't sign just like any other pick that they drafted and didn't sign in terms of being relevant to the team.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 12:45 AM
My two cents- he shouldn't be allowed to sign as a free agent. I think he should have to sit out the season and go back in the draft next year if he doesn't want to play college, JUCO, or Indy baseball. Talk about opening up a can of worms.

I wish him well- but he should have to follow the rules.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure how you re-sign when you never signed before. But, I can't wait to see how this plays out. I have zero idea how he Braves can sign him. He's not a free agent. Makes no sense. I never ever thought he was coming here, even after he deadline, even though his dad went to state. I wish the kid well, his family has dealt with lots of adversity and deserve someone great to happen to them.

Either MLB is not going to follow their own guidelines. (Likely)

Or the only other way and this is insane but it's all I can think of is he could declare residence in Mexico, the Dominican Republic like a Cuban player and be considered an international prospect and sign as an international prospect. Again- insane but within the rules.

Commercecomet24
08-18-2018, 01:05 AM
He can't be a free agent. That's not how it works.

Right. There's nothing for him to gain free agency from since he was never signed.

MaroonBelle
08-18-2018, 03:01 AM
Forgive my ignorance on the subject but is there anything keeping him from signing on with one of the better independent teams on a one year deal? Is that allowed straight from high school. Seems like that would be a similar experience to the low minors and he could be scouted there without having to go to school.

maroonmania
08-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Forgive my ignorance on the subject but is there anything keeping him from signing on with one of the better independent teams on a one year deal? Is that allowed straight from high school. Seems like that would be a similar experience to the low minors and he could be scouted there without having to go to school.

I would think he could do pretty much anything OTHER than sign with a MLB organization for the coming year. If he is allowed to sign with anyone from the MLB until next draft then the whole system is a joke and may as well be thrown out.

smootness
08-18-2018, 10:00 AM
MILB is apples and oranges. They're actually part of the organization.

Your average Braves fan is going to see Stewart as a guy that they didn't sign just like any other pick that they drafted and didn't sign in terms of being relevant to the team.

There are PLENTY of Braves fans who care quite a bit about their first round pick. Definitely enough for it to be reported on.

smootness
08-18-2018, 10:01 AM

Or the only other way and this is insane but it's all I can think of is he could declare residence in Mexico, the Dominican Republic like a Cuban player and be considered an international prospect and sign as an international prospect. Again- insane but within the rules.

He would still have to wait until next June basically and likely get less than he would have had he signed with the Braves.

msstate7
08-18-2018, 10:26 AM
There are PLENTY of Braves fans who care quite a bit about their first round pick. Definitely enough for it to be reported on.

He's obviously never checked out chop country. We love some draftees/potential draftees lol

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 01:13 PM
He's obviously never checked out chop country. We love some draftees/potential draftees lol

So which is it? Are they talking about Stewart or not?

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 01:16 PM

So are they talking about him or not? The fact that 7 says they aren't proves my point but I'm sure you will argue incorrectly anyway.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 01:18 PM
He would still have to wait until next June basically and likely get less than he would have had he signed with the Braves.

Which is why he would be better off going to college at this point if he's looking for more money. If he just wants to go pro he should have just taken their original offer because he's not going to make much more than their original offer anyway.

Homedawg
08-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Not sure why you think they are going to break their own guidelines. When has that happened? Either there is some loophole that nobody knows about in here or he's just content to sit out the season or ends up at juco.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Not sure why you think they are going to break their own guidelines. When has that happened? Either there is some loophole that nobody knows about in here or he's just content to sit out the season or ends up at juco.

Because I don't know of any loopholes. We'll see how it plays out.

msstate7
08-18-2018, 01:32 PM
So which is it? Are they talking about Stewart or not?

They arent bc he isn't gonna be a brave unless they draft him next season

somebodyshotmypaw
08-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Several on this thread say he is going to resign with the Braves. That is impossible because he never signed the first time. So you can't resign (resign means to sign again).

He is probably going JUCO so he can be redrafted in 2019.

msstate7
08-18-2018, 01:47 PM
I think this he's signing with the braves is just coping with a kid picking juco/sitting out over us. This really isn't true though... he's just picking quickest way to money. No shame on us

Commercecomet24
08-18-2018, 01:53 PM
I would think he could do pretty much anything OTHER than sign with a MLB organization for the coming year. If he is allowed to sign with anyone from the MLB until next draft then the whole system is a joke and may as well be thrown out.

You are correct sir!

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 02:36 PM
They arent bc he isn't gonna be a brave unless they draft him next season

Exactly my point.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Several on this thread say he is going to resign with the Braves. That is impossible because he never signed the first time. So you can't resign (resign means to sign again).

He is probably going JUCO so he can be redrafted in 2019.

Actually it is starting to sound like he is just going to sit out and get drafted again. Maybe be a MSU student for a year? I don't know. Same difference as taking a gap year essentially. I do remember Forrest Moore leaving the team and sitting out and getting drafted the next year. I'm sure he worked out when he was sitting out.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Just found out that Stewart is going to JUCO.

Homedawg
08-18-2018, 03:02 PM

Which is what I said he would do post not signing.

msstate7
08-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Which is what I said he would do post not signing.

Yep. This signing with the braves was OM fantasy level.

ZedFedder
08-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Do we see this as a loss or a failure on Lemonis’ part? Not saying we should or we shouldn’t. Just curious.

Todd4State
08-18-2018, 03:40 PM
Do we see this as a loss or a failure on Lemonis’ part? Not saying we should or we shouldn’t. Just curious.

Neither. Getting Stewart was simply a huge bonus had it happened. I think Lemonis did everything he could to get him to come to MSU.

Commercecomet24
08-18-2018, 04:09 PM
Yep. This signing with the braves was OM fantasy level.

Yep. No way that could've happened

Commercecomet24
08-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Neither. Getting Stewart was simply a huge bonus had it happened. I think Lemonis did everything he could to get him to come to MSU.

This. It was close to happening too.

Homedawg
08-18-2018, 04:38 PM

Agree. No failure for sure. Not much he could do.

Homedawg
08-18-2018, 04:40 PM
This. It was close to happening too.

Maybe so. Really doesn't matter. It's like coming in second on a recruit. Just glad we got jt, that's already more than I thought.

msstate7
08-18-2018, 04:45 PM
Speaking of braves... I battled the rain for this. Suntrust is packed tonight

https://s15.postimg.cc/q07n36717/751_CA506-07_ED-473_C-9205-87133687752_B.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/q07n36713/)

Commercecomet24
08-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Maybe so. Really doesn't matter. It's like coming in second on a recruit. Just glad we got jt, that's already more than I thought.

Unfortunately true and there are are no rewards for finishing second. He had gotten really close to some of our players and Lemonis. It sucks to lose him but the effort was there.

Commercecomet24
08-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Speaking of braves... I battled the rain for this. Suntrust is packed tonight

https://s15.postimg.cc/q07n36717/751_CA506-07_ED-473_C-9205-87133687752_B.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/q07n36713/)

That's awesome!

MarketingBully
08-19-2018, 12:47 AM

Has he 100% decided on JUCO? Everyone keeps saying ?a lot still is in play? and nothing is decided except he?s not going to State. Sounds like he still doesn?t know what he wants to do. Hell, with the way this saga is going, it wouldn?t surprise me if at the last second he decides to come to State and just shows up on campus.

I seen it dawg
08-19-2018, 08:35 AM
There were only ever 3 choices once the deadline passed. 1. Come to State. 2. Go Juco. 3. Sit, or play independent ball, and re-enter the draft next June. That's it and it's always been simple. Not sure where all the fantasy scenarios came from, i apologize for not getting in this sooner and explaining it.