PDA

View Full Version : Are the Fins bowl eligible this year?

coastratdog
08-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Orlando Sentinel sports have them going to the Texas Bowl against Texas. They also put us in the Citrus a Bowl against the Yankee MSU.

BiscuitEater
08-13-2018, 04:30 AM
Their 'last' appeal to the NCAA was last month. Probably won't hear final answer until late in the season. They are also appealing 'unofficial visit ban' that limits visits to one per recruit / year and goes for three years which would really impact contact between boosters and 'cruits.

Most OM fans that I know don't think they will win BUT many of those want to take NCAA to court. Many also thing that the Rags suit will be 'earth moving.' If the case moves as swiftly as the JWS suit, I may not be around to hear the results.

gravedigger
08-13-2018, 05:39 AM
Orlando Sentinel sports have them going to the Texas Bowl against Texas. They also put us in the Citrus a Bowl against the Yankee MSU.

No.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Their 'last' appeal to the NCAA was last month. Probably won't hear final answer until late in the season. They are also appealing 'unofficial visit ban' that limits visits to one per recruit / year and goes for three years which would really impact contact between boosters and 'cruits.

Most OM fans that I know don't think they will win BUT many of those want to take NCAA to court. Many also thing that the Rags suit will be 'earth moving.' If the case moves as swiftly as the JWS suit, I may not be around to hear the results.

I think as soon as football season is over the Rag Law Suit will go away. I think some Ole Miss lawyer is fronting the legal fees just to keep this hanging over the heads of a couple of MSU football players trying to keep them distracted.

yjnkdawg
08-13-2018, 12:43 PM
Nobody will know that until all the appeal processes have been exhausted, and the NCAA has issued their verdict. [Hopefully will be one with a beat up beached (no bowl game) stupid looking shark]

TUSK
08-13-2018, 02:41 PM
No.

Ahem....

gravedigger
08-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Ahem....

I owe you a shout. I?ll call u about 9

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 12:00 AM
They should have to qualify for a bowl before they have to not attend, in my opinion.

Leroy Jenkins
08-14-2018, 07:51 AM
I don't think a season in which you are not bowl eligible should count as a "ban" year. If you didn't qualify for a bowl, what are you banned from?

msstate7
08-14-2018, 08:01 AM
I don't think a season in which you are not bowl eligible should count as a "ban" year. If you didn't qualify for a bowl, what are you banned from?

Good point. That would be a better way to enforce. A team could go on probation, and in theory, pay the piper on bowl ban 5 years later

MedDawg
08-14-2018, 10:58 AM
Good point. That would be a better way to enforce. A team could go on probation, and in theory, pay the piper on bowl ban 5 years later

In that case, our 2004 probation would have taken away our 2007 bowl, thus extending our bowl ban 3 years, and making State bowl-less from 2000 through 2009. OM won 6 games last year and if they win 6 games this year, that rule would not have deferred their bowl ban even one more season.

msstate7
08-14-2018, 11:53 AM
In that case, our 2004 probation would have taken away our 2007 bowl, thus extending our bowl ban 3 years, and making State bowl-less from 2000 through 2009. OM won 6 games last year and if they win 6 games this year, that rule would not have deferred their bowl ban even one more season.

Regardless of how it affects/affected state, I still think that's the way it should be. Although maybe it should be a 5-year cap... if you don't qualify for bowls in 5 years, bowl ban be considered served anyway

Jarius
08-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Their bagmen boosters have already unofficially been informed that they lost everything they were asking for on the appeal. I?m 100 % positive in that.

iPat09
08-14-2018, 12:25 PM
They should have to qualify for a bowl before they have to not attend, in my opinion.

Exactly! What good is a bowl ban when you aren't eligible for one anyway?