PDA

View Full Version : UPig O and D line

NWADAWG
08-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Just saw that Austin Capps who played in all 12 games on the D line last year for hogs (22 tackles) has moved to offensive guard. The O-one must be mighty thin to make that move. Now their really mediocre D- line will lose depth too. They may be a 3-4 win team this year.

I look forward to a newly converted guard trying to slow dow Simmons.

msstate7
08-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Morris might be bringing a big 12 type of approach... get all the best players on offense

Todd4State
08-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Moving a DL to the OL? Total Hevesy move.

All they need know is a TE moving to OT.

NolaDawgPound
08-13-2018, 03:03 PM
It's amazing how much hype they were receiving just a few short years ago and Bert was their savior. My how quickly they have fallen. We really need to have a 10 win season to start to put some distance between our program and the OM/Ark dumpster fire programs. We are already on a higher level than each of those programs, but need to take another step and get closer to the level of the Aub/LSU program respect. I'm not saying LSU will be a great team but their national perception is solid, as is Auburn. They aren't Bama solid, but still something we need in order to get the next level recruiting.

This is all a cycle, but at some point sustained success will eventually solidify perception. We have a higher hill to climb than most, but it's not impossible and we are extremely close. One or two more 2014 type seasons, with the avoidance of a 5 or fewer win season, and we will reach that level in the next few years.

Sorry for thread highjack. Just started typing and couldn't stop.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2018, 03:07 PM
He might be trying to run a Big 12 type offense with a Old School Big 10 type talent. Having to make adjustments.

Captain Falcon
08-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Bert left the cupboard pretty bare, and now they are doing a complete 180 in terms of philosophy. I could see them being REALLY bad this year, or it could be a Mullen 2009 type thing where they play hard and find 5 or 6 wins. The schedule could be a lot worse. No P5 opponent and they get Vandy and Ole Miss at home.

I?m not convinced Morris is the answer, though. His overall record at SMU was 14-22. I would?ve been disappointed if that was the hire we made. I feel much more confident in Moorhead.

Captain Falcon
08-13-2018, 03:26 PM
I agree that Bielema hype from a few years ago was laughable. Never seen a coach get that much love for 6-6 and 7-5 seasons.

Lord McBuckethead
08-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Dude, without a single game being played I am convinced Moorhead is the best hire from last year, including all Teams not named Nebraska. Frost and Moorhead are the top two in my opinion and I am not sure Moorhead isn't the best. I am not just on the Moorhead Bandwagon, shit I would drive it.

Bothrops
08-13-2018, 04:44 PM
They won't make a bowl.